Timely Insanity

vataki

Wow. Tharik is unmistakably a psychopath.Oh, and questions, hmm? Ok...What is Dr. Kaushi's shoe size?
He wears a Men's 9 1/2.
And then the world ends
INDEED.
And so a crazy, power hungry lab assistant is born.
Yes he is.All In Good Time...A short comic on how Rakau came to meet Tharik. Only two more comics in Act II. Those will come soon!~Vataki

naw man

I like how Rakau doesn't trust Tharik at first; hints at the development of their relationship in the time between this comic and the first act.I just hope we'll see some more of that development in the following two comics. If we don't, I'm fine; you're the writer and stuff. :)Not touching that dial!

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

Y U GUYS NO POST? DJ is the only cool person now.

I like how Rakau doesn't trust Tharik at first; hints at the development of their relationship in the time between this comic and the first act.I just hope we'll see some more of that development in the following two comics. If we don't, I'm fine; you're the writer and stuff. :)Not touching that dial!
There won't be any more in Act II, but Act III might see some more.Dark Times AheadNot much to say here, I guess. One more comic for Act II!~Vataki

naw man

Yay, I'm cool! :DVery interesting comic. So, Sashi and Vataki had already established a brother-sister role at this point? Intriguing... BUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ALL THI- Oh yeah...

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

Now only Facade and DJ are cool.

Dark times indeed. I like how that gives a sense of foreboding. It's delicious
I personally think it needed more salt, but delicious, yes.
Yay, I'm cool! :biggrin:Very interesting comic. So, Sashi and Vataki had already established a brother-sister role at this point? Intriguing...BUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ALL THI- Oh yeah...
All of this happened before 7th Generation's finale. In fact this following comic was probably about a week before.The Discovery...That's the end of Act II. Act III: "Outer Darkness" will be out within a week or so.See you all then!~Vataki

naw man

Don't worry, that's what me and DJ are here for :biggrin:
You know it. :DPretty awesome last comic fro Act II. Really does help to tie it all together, you know? All in all, a pretty awesome prequel arc that I'm sure everyone (that read it, that is :P ) thoroughly enjoyed.Thanks, Vataki.Thataki.

• 2 weeks later...
So close, it almost happened, and then bam! "makuta revelation" strikes.ADon't you hate it when you don't get posts but yet you need to post something?Don't worry, that's what me and DJ are here for :biggrin:
Chath posted too, but the post is gone. Idk why.
Don't worry, that's what me and DJ are here for :biggrin:
You know it. :biggrin:Pretty awesome last comic fro Act II. Really does help to tie it all together, you know?All in all, a pretty awesome prequel arc that I'm sure everyone (that read it, that is :P ) thoroughly enjoyed.Thanks, Vataki.Thataki.
Thanks! Always a pleasure.Preview time!previewcom32.pngSo, yeah. Back from my break which ended up being too long. Expect the new comic tomorrow, or maybe Sunday.~Vataki

naw man

Okay then!You Are Still Needed...Not as great as I'd hoped it would come out, but coming out of a much enjoyed break isn't always the easiest thing for a comic maker. :P Also, I'd like to mention that Timely Insanity takes place in a completely different universe, and the only canon characters who exist in that universe are Teridax and Mata-Nui. So obviously their stories and personalities may slightly vary from their actual forms in the BIONICLE storyline.I think I've got Mata-Nui down pretty well though. I don't know, maybe.Enjoy!~Vataki

naw man

Hm. I wonder why Mata-Nui sent Vahi back.Obviously he and his Teridax feller are going to have a greater role, but the issue is that Teridax Vahi Guy will most likely try and stop any plan that Vahi has.And so the story unfolds yet again...

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

Here I am. Been dead for a bit. Sorry about that.So, comic then.It's obviously a set-up comic for the next act, so there's not really much I can say about it. I guess I like that you used Mata Nui and in his 2009 body (which I like, even if it reminds me of TLR, the lamest movie in the known universe).All else I can say is that I'm very excited for what you will be producing in the coming days/weeks/months, and that you make orange a sexy colour.That's your lot, then.Off into the new day's mists I run! :D

Hm. I wonder why Mata-Nui sent Vahi back.Obviously he and his Teridax feller are going to have a greater role, but the issue is that Teridax Vahi Guy will most likely try and stop any plan that Vahi has.And so the story unfolds yet again...
Vice versa. Haven't you ever watched any television, good chap? It's the antagonist who plans things, and the protagonist who interferes. :P
Here I am. Been dead for a bit. Sorry about that.So, comic then.It's obviously a set-up comic for the next act, so there's not really much I can say about it.I guess I like that you used Mata Nui and in his 2009 body (which I like, even if it reminds me of TLR, the lamest movie in the known universe).All else I can say is that I'm very excited for what you will be producing in the coming days/weeks/months, and that you make orange a sexy colour.That's your lot, then.Off into the new day's mists I run! :biggrin:
Sexy and I know it.
*GASP* !!! He ded! Uh!Sorry, couldn't resist...So Mata-nui dude brought him back... COOL!!Can't wait to see why.Great job!! :fonz:
Thanks!
Mata-Nui, you Great cool dude xpWe could have killed off Shadow Vataki there and then.*sigh*Nice to see you up and about though xp
Perhaps Shadow Vataki would have lived either way... Perhaps there are things Vataki doesn't yet know... Hmm... :PSearch And DestroyA quick tie-in comic. More to come!~Vataki

naw man

Pretty sweet (Preet?).For some reason, my favourite part of this comic is that Dr Kaushi is so nonchalant about Vataki coming back from the dead.It's just hilarious to me, because if I didn't think you were going to explain why he's so calm about it (which you really should, mind) then I'd think he'd just forgotten he'd died at all. He is rather old. :PAlso,

I imagine like a dominos.
Dat grammar. You disappoint me, Chath.Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies.

Pretty sweet (Preet?).For some reason, my favourite part of this comic is that Dr Kaushi is so nonchalant about Vataki coming back from the dead.It's just hilarious to me, because if I didn't think you were going to explain why he's so calm about it (which you really should, mind) then I'd think he'd just forgotten he'd died at all. He is rather old. :PAlso,
Dat grammar. You disappoint me, Chath.Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies.
Brain lag. I was gonna say 'Like a domino track'.I changed it, forgot to take the 'a' out.

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

And thus it begins.One by one, they all shall fall.Maybe.
OHHH BOY
Pretty sweet (Preet?).For some reason, my favourite part of this comic is that Dr Kaushi is so nonchalant about Vataki coming back from the dead.It's just hilarious to me, because if I didn't think you were going to explain why he's so calm about it (which you really should, mind) then I'd think he'd just forgotten he'd died at all. He is rather old. :P
That is a possibility. :P It will be explained eventually.
Also,
Brain lag. I was gonna say 'Like a domino track'.I changed it, forgot to take the 'a' out.
Tsk, tsk, Chath. You've disappointed us all.If We Return...Just a short comic. Sally, Haley and Giggles will no longer appear as major characters in this act.More to come soon.~Vataki

naw man

Hmm, the ending seemed sort of like a "K bro" thing instead of the touchy-feely emotional karz I expected...but not a problem.look much forward to the death thats about to spread through the face of evil
Was it supposed to be touchy-feely? :PSome Old Friends...I kind of just threw this together. Between school and wasting all of my free time on LOTRO, I haven't had much time for comics lately.I promise to get more active, though.~Vataki

naw man

Darn it, BZP, THIS IS WHAT THE FOLLOW BUTTON IS FOR. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TELL ME WHEN PEOPLE POST. GAH.OK, this then.Rather interested in what this'll mean, i.e. what storyline significance these two fellows will serve.Especially that fellow on the right. Gee, he looks smashing. I bet he's fun at parties.And makes a mean cuppa.Just an all around fantastic guy.Check out those abs.

So, Chath and Deej replace your siblings?And we're Mercenaries/Bounty Hunters/Team Rocket blocking the way to the Lake of Rage?I thought I was your hallucinogenic embodiment of your subconscious.BIG WORDS MAKE BRAIN HURT.But you seem to be doing well, on your quest and such.

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

I knew I recognized those two dashing fellows
QUITE DASHING ARE THEY NOT?
Darn it, BZP, THIS IS WHAT THE FOLLOW BUTTON IS FOR. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TELL ME WHEN PEOPLE POST. GAH.OK, this then.Rather interested in what this'll mean, i.e. what storyline significance these two fellows will serve.Especially that fellow on the right. Gee, he looks smashing.I bet he's fun at parties.And makes a mean cuppa.Just an all around fantastic guy.Check out those abs.
When you follow, you have to check the little box asking whether or not you wish to receive notifications for new posts. I don't know if you've already done this and the notification system is messed up, or you just didn't notice it, so I thought I'd mention it.DAT ABS.
So, Chath and Deej replace your siblings?And we're Mercenaries/Bounty Hunters/Team Rocket blocking the way to the Lake of Rage?I thought I was your hallucinogenic embodiment of your subconscious.BIG WORDS MAKE BRAIN HURT.But you seem to be doing well, on your quest and such.
Yeah. I was hoping to ditch my siblings mostly so I could focus on a smaller amount of characters in Act III, but then I realized that I've lacked in using my PGSes as minor characters and guests as I promised. So I kinda' needed to.Comic!In For A Bitter SurpriseThis comic didn't take long to make, but I was really proud of that sunrise background. What do you guys think? Good or no good? So, this one just kinda' goes over the whereabouts of Tharik and his guys, and they're plans. And HMM I WONDER WHAT HE MEANS BY "YOU THREE" WHEN YOU ONLY SEE MAKUTA-RAKAU AND MAKUTA-VATAKI IN THE COMIC HMMM PONDER ON THAT FOR THE NEXT WEEK WHILE I FORGET ABOUT COMICS ENTIRELY.The end. (lol not really)~Vataki

naw man

WICKED :DI know I'm rooting for Vataki and that, but it really does feel good to see Shadow Vahi again; mainly to serve as an actual credible threat to 'our heroes'.Boundless awesome.O hai Chath. Haven't seen you for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
Those sillies. Chath has powers!HE SHALL BE CHATHMAN!AND FIGHT RED MATORAN! WHO ARE ALSO BLACK! AND MAKUTA-EY!
Pokemon powers. Chath has Pokemon powers.
WICKED :biggrin:I know I'm rooting for Vataki and that, but it really does feel good to see Shadow Vahi again; mainly to serve as an actual credible threat to 'our heroes'.Boundless awesome.O hai Chath. Haven't seen you for a while.
Indeed.So, I have an announcement to make.You've probably noticed the low productivity in this topic lately. This is mainly because I've started school again last month, and it's been taking up a lot of my free time. I've decided to go on a temporary hiatus until I can get some things sorted out, and also get myself interested in the plot of this season again. Because at this point, I'm not quite "feeling it" and I'll probably end up re-writing the entire rest of the 3rd Act before you guys get to read it.Of course, I'll keep this topic open in case I decide to make a comic before I officially end the hiatus. I might also just try something different in the mean time. Something easier to make. I've had a few ideas.I'll let you all know when I've decided. Until then,~Vataki

naw man

Funny, that; I was thinking of doing a similar thing with my series. How very coincidental.As such, I feel that I can comment on how you're feeling with the series at this point. When you're not feeling the project, it's best to leave it for a while, lest it become a chore to do, which will only make it worse. Still, I know you have some brilliant ideas, so I think you'll want to see this finished at some point. But it's best to keep your creative juices flowing in the meantime, so do whatever you can, comics-wise, be it some silly, simple side-series or whatever (and I'll probably do the same). Take cares and stuffs. :D

• 1 month later...

I hadn't even realized that this topic has had posts since I announced the hiatus. Two of them, in fact! I feel so special, now.So, yesterday I announced that I will be ending the hiatus I announced two posts above on October 1st, and here I am to officially end it with the first comic since September 17th! This comic may not look too sharp, especially the strangely under-sized and somewhat pixely tents, but I have been away from comics for over a month, so please just try not to notice the bad graphics and such until I get my "stuff" back together. Shouldn't take too long, I hope.The CommanderMy good friend Navin (Nav3ta as some of you may know him) makes his reappearance here. He's been out of the comics for awhile, and some of you may not remember him, but he was in the comics around season 2-or-3-ish. I forget exactly when.Another new comic will be here soon, but it may be longer than my previous every-other-day kind of thing. I've decided to spend the first part of Act III making necessary arrangements and explanations to lead up to the final battle. This will help me get to the hang of things again, and also hopefully avoid confusion, because I understand Act I had quite a bit of it, some intended, and some not. (This is what Act II was even made for.)Enjoy! You will hear again from me, soon.~Vataki

naw man

Ah. Update. Lovely.The advancement in the story is rather nice; nice to see Nav in something again.Another thing I like is the subtle references to offscreen (er, offpanel) events, like news and such. It helps to create a feeling of depth, like this is a real world with real stakes. Kudos.If there was one point of contention I could find, it would be that there weren't nearly as many jokes at Chath's expense as there should have been.THUG-LIFE PLANET CRABS

Ah. Update. Lovely.The advancement in the story is rather nice; nice to see Nav in something again.Another thing I like is the subtle references to offscreen (er, offpanel) events, like news and such. It helps to create a feeling of depth, like this is a real world with real stakes. Kudos.If there was one point of contention I could find, it would be that there weren't nearly as many jokes at Chath's expense as there should have been.THUG-LIFE PLANET CRABS
Fine. I promise more and more jokes at Chath's expense. Or else you guys can vote for the other guy.Oh wait, not the election. I should really turn off the news.
Chath's line was perfect.Seriously.Thank you for the update!
I thought you would like it.Didn't You Listen?More comics soon!~Vataki

naw man

Aha! I see you made true on your little tease. Good show.I love it though. Really. It's a nice twist, and I think that the rest of the series will be better for it. ...Oh, you're waiting for me to say something random, aren't you?Uhm..........Ravioli, ravioli, give me the formulioli.

• 2 weeks later...
Aha! I see you made true on your little tease. Good show.I love it though. Really. It's a nice twist, and I think that the rest of the series will be better for it....Oh, you're waiting for me to say something random, aren't you?Uhm..........Ravioli, ravioli, give me the formulioli.
Ravioli is good but Chef Boyardee ruined it. I mean they don't even spell his name properly. "Boiardi" not "Boyardee." Stupid 'Muricans.
When will the next comic be out?
Right now.Meeting Our Friends.More to come soon!~Vataki

naw man