Wixhael

Would it be possible to combine Kanohi?

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I had a random thought recently: Theoretically, could a mask-maker like Vakama combine two different Kanohi masks together, giving the wearer access to both power sets? I know that when Toa Kaita formed, their masks would combine, but in a scenario outside of combinations, how plausible would it be? Like say Jaller wanted to combine his Arthron and Lhikan's Hau, giving him shielding AND sonar detection. I don't know, the idea just sort of popped into my head, and I thought it would be fun to at least start the conversation.

Edited by Wixhael

I don't think so. I'm only running off vague memories of old Greg Q&As about Kanoka and mask-making here, so I could be misremembering. From what I recall, Kanoka Disks can be combined to create new powers and (I assume) melted down and reforged, but if a Kanohi is damaged (and trying to melt it down/fuse it with another mask would definitely count as damage) it loses its power. The exception to this is legendary masks which, when damaged, cause their power to leak out.

There are potentially ways to do it. The Golden Kanohi the Toa Mata wore prove that Kanohi with multiple powers can exist, but I expect only Artakha knows how to do this.

As you say, Toa Kaita wear Kanohi combining 3 powers. I suppose a Toa might be able to wear a Kaita's Kanohi, although it's possible they wouldn't be able to use it and it would return to 3 separate masks when the Kaita unfused.

There are also things like the Spear of Fusion or Roodaka's mutation Rhotuka that seem to be able to merge things in ways that would otherwise be impossible, so there could easily be a way to do it.

The most common way of having access to multiple Mask powers is a Toa Suva. It's not possible to use multiple Kanohi at the same time (but even the Gold Kanohi don't allow this), but any Toa with a Suva could collect masks and have instant access to them when needed.

There are also a lot of tools, weapons etc. out there with powers, so if a Toa really wanted two Kanohi powers at once e.g. shielding and flight, they could wear a Hau and get a weapon/tool that allowed them to fly.

• Like 1

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

11 hours ago, Danska: Shadow Master said:

I don't think so. I'm only running off vague memories of old Greg Q&As about Kanoka and mask-making here, so I could be misremembering. From what I recall, Kanoka Disks can be combined to create new powers and (I assume) melted down and reforged, but if a Kanohi is damaged (and trying to melt it down/fuse it with another mask would definitely count as damage) it loses its power. The exception to this is legendary masks which, when damaged, cause their power to leak out.

There are potentially ways to do it. The Golden Kanohi the Toa Mata wore prove that Kanohi with multiple powers can exist, but I expect only Artakha knows how to do this.

As you say, Toa Kaita wear Kanohi combining 3 powers. I suppose a Toa might be able to wear a Kaita's Kanohi, although it's possible they wouldn't be able to use it and it would return to 3 separate masks when the Kaita unfused.

There are also things like the Spear of Fusion or Roodaka's mutation Rhotuka that seem to be able to merge things in ways that would otherwise be impossible, so there could easily be a way to do it.

The most common way of having access to multiple Mask powers is a Toa Suva. It's not possible to use multiple Kanohi at the same time (but even the Gold Kanohi don't allow this), but any Toa with a Suva could collect masks and have instant access to them when needed.

There are also a lot of tools, weapons etc. out there with powers, so if a Toa really wanted two Kanohi powers at once e.g. shielding and flight, they could wear a Hau and get a weapon/tool that allowed them to fly.

Thank you so much! That makes a lot of sense!

On 7/25/2020 at 6:07 AM, Danska: Shadow Master said:

That’s the thing— if Artakha can do it, how did he do it? Looking at the visuals of the Toa Kaita in animations, there are a lot of “circuitry” themes around them. I would like to think that once the mask is made it needs some sort of chips and hardwiring to activate powers. If you go this route, then perhaps Artakha hardwired the Golden masks to hold more than one power “program”? 

well, in reality (meaning the real world) MOCists would cut apart masks and fuse selected elements together with some kind of adhesive (ex; epoxy or bondo), tweak the design ov the custom mask around and if they're satisfied with the overall construction/look ov the thing they then paint it! i have seen this done before and there are some pretty impressive examples out there! 

but when it comes to fusing masks together story-wise i'd say it's virtually impossible unless you're Artakha (but then how in God's name does he do it?)! yeah, Artakha is still a bit ov a mysterious figure, but i'm sure he has some logical way ov doing stuff! :) 

well there's my two cents on this matter! lol :)