Elemental power popularity (G1)

Rooster Nui

Element popularity in Bionicle (G1)  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious as to what everyone's favorite Bionicle elemental powers are and what ones people identify with. There have been element polls before on BZPower, but I haven't seen any in a while and I thought it was time for a refresh.

My favorite is probably Ice at the moment, followed closely by Earth and Water. But, I would say Earth best represents me and my personality at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Yes! These are fun! Thank you!! 

Chose lightning as my favorite, I remember being stoked when new girl elements finally showed up. Personality wise (question 2), mine was actually also lightning, based off of this old topic using MBTI as reference. My second favorite would probably be gravity, I just am not super sure what it actually does. 

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

I think, aesthetically, I honestly like water best. A lot of the elements are cool, but there's just something about the calming, soothing aspect of water that makes me love it more than, say, ice or earth or fire. Then, personality-wise... I'd say I'm kinda a blend between earth and water, but I went with the former just to give a different answer to both parts.

Curiously enough, according to the topic Aderia linked to, I would fall under Psionics by that categorisation... although I relate to that element not at all and, despite testing as the relevant personality type, don't match the description of it in that thread either xD Their description of earth, in fact, feels much more like me than the others, which may have swayed my vote on that part too.

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

1 hour ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

I think, aesthetically, I honestly like water best. A lot of the elements are cool, but there's just something about the calming, soothing aspect of water that makes me love it more than, say, ice or earth or fire. Then, personality-wise... I'd say I'm kinda a blend between earth and water, but I went with the former just to give a different answer to both parts.

Curiously enough, according to the topic Aderia linked to, I would fall under Psionics by that categorisation... although I relate to that element not at all and, despite testing as the relevant personality type, don't match the description of it in that thread either xD Their description of earth, in fact, feels much more like me than the others, which may have swayed my vote on that part too.

Oh, cool! An INFJ; they aren't so common. I've taken a few personality tests here and there, and I'm usually either INFJ or ISFJ. So, I guess I could be a blend of the two. Makes sense, at least for me, because before I even took those tests I wanted to work as a counselor. That, and I've been vulnerable and still am in the case of being a people-pleaser.

As with the elements, although Ice is pretty much my favorite in regards to looks and power, Earth and Water are closely behind further followed by Light and Plantlife. As you can probably tell, those are all non-aggressive, at least when it comes to common archetypes relating to those elements, which makes sense because aside from the odd bit of frustration here and there in my life, I'm generally regarded as calm, reserved, placid and maybe a bit slow in speech and mannerisms.

I can't exactly see myself as Psionics, either. It's matched with INFJ in the link Aderia provided, but some of the abilities that Toa of Psionics are capable of aren't so calming or pleasant. For example, inducing nightmares in beings that are already asleep, and mind control. But seeing as Toa are meant to be guardians and warriors, I shouldn't expect their set of abilities to completely lack defensive capabilities. Still, nightmares and calmness don't go together. :lol:

I've always been a fan of the Earth element. From the very first 2001 wave, I always got the "Earth" figure first when possible. I never really thought about the reason for this. I think part of it was that I found the early color scheme of black/dark grey appealing. The other part might be that I always found earth science appealing.

I have no idea which element fits my personality. But I chose water because I tend to be more relaxed and a "go with the flow" kind of person. I dunno. Take that however you will. :P

BZPRPG

6 hours ago, Vorahk1Panrahk2 said:

I have no idea which element fits my personality. But I chose water because I tend to be more relaxed and a "go with the flow" kind of person. I dunno. Take that however you will. :P

That makes a lot of sense and I can understand that. I have always seen my mother as "watery" because she is definitely a go with the flow person that adapts to peoples needs and situations quite seemingly easily and frequently. She is also nearly always calm and relaxed.

water for both because my favorite Toa Mata is Gali and i tend to drink a lot ov water (not too much, tho), and i believe water is the great purifier ov life! without water this world would be uninhabitable! plus i like the idea ov having control over water, which is a power Gali possesses! however, i cannot swim for the life ov me so don't expect me to be calm in a situation where i might have to swim to reach dry land! lol 

that's what i like about water; it's calm, stable, peaceful, but when a Tsunami or a Hurricane starts up oh boy you'd better run like heck! ha ha! 

Ice was depicted really well from the get-go in BIONICLE. Just look at Carlos D'Anda's artwork of Kopaka back in the first issue of the BIONICLE comic! Before that, I never really conceptualized how ice could be an offensive weapon. Later textual and video depictions only furthered my admiration for it.

I would say, therefore, ice is my favorite element to reflect my personality, but I think it has changed a lot since I first discovered BIONICLE as an aloof pre-teen. I voted for Stone, since it reminds me of the kind dependability and good-natureness of Pohatu. Later stone Toa like Hewkii seemed to wield the power of stone almost too destructively. Pohatu seemed to balance its use well, a notable example being where he literally pushed up a wall of stone to turn back a horde of invading Tahnok to Po-Wahi (BIONICLE #6: Into the Nest).

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"