Watch Out Redbeard, the Imperials are Coming!

Perhaps spurred on by the success of 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay, two new projects have recently achieved ten thousand votes of support on LEGO Ideas. Seagull Bay Lighthouse Imperial Fortress by Delusion Brick and The Fortress - Imperial Army by Piraten both tackle similar subject matter: the classic Imperial forces that always were trying to lock up the pirates. Both fortresses look great and have lots of awesome features and design elements. While on a high level they cover the same subject matter, the two builders both approached the concept in very different ways and it certainly shows. We'll have to see what happens when they get to the review phase, but I would love to see a set incorporating the best of both builds!

View the full article

Oh man, I'm a sucker for anything Pirates. It's nice to see the Imperials getting some love this time!

'The Fortress' feels more thematically consistent with previous Imperial sets, but 'Seagull Bay Lighthouse' is definitely the more dynamic and original of the two. I'm excited to see what comes of these! It would be great to see LEGO design a single set that combines the strength of both builds.

i always thought the old Lego Pirates set's from the late 80's/early 90's were fun to look at! but never owned any ov the Pirates sets from that time period! i regret not getting any! :( 

now Lego quit releasing Pirate-themed set's mostly because it can get pretty expensive to produce the ships (being massive chunks ov plastic)! that's understandable, it still upsetting! :( 

NOW, with these two ideas projects, i feel like the Pirates theme could make a strong comeback starting with these two sets! sorta resurrecting an old theme from the dead! that would be brilliant! :) but, ov course, we'll have to see if these even get approved before a full on comeback can take effect! best ov luck to the builders ov these projects! :)