The Official Minecraft Topic

Same! It's a school laptop, so it's junk. Minecraft barely runs on it, and Minecraft is generally a pretty lightweight game.

I don't think it's actually that lightweight... My computer can run Portal 2 with great graphics fine, but with MC it can have low frame rate on short. Also, if you have these issues and haven't already, try Optifine. It boosts fps by a ton.
You have no idea. I have a 2.4 GHz i3 CPU (so far so good, right?) but it gets worse. I have 64 MB of dedicated graphics memory, NO graphics card, and 2 GB of RAM. Minecraft is the only 3D program I can run. My machine is so pathetic, I can't even render transparency in a game like iji (a 2D game).

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

Over the downtime I bought Minecraft and since I've been playing it a ton as a result of the downtime. I'm glad I did. I've had no experience with multiplayer with a few exceptions, so 98% of my MC experience has been in single player. So, um, is there any difference between multiplayer and single player?

YES. If you get high enough privileges, you can use commands to teleport you, give you stuff, and more. You can also use plugins if you're setting up a server to make it awesome.
That's totally not what servers are for. The only real differences are that more people are on the same world. There are way more mods for singleplayer than for multiplayer, and many are professionally made that add to gameplay, not just hacking. There are a few moderator makers that I respect more than Notch.

Anyone here watch the Yogscast? They're easily my favourite gamers out there at the moment. Their Shadow of Israphel is cooler than any invention for Minecraft I've ever seen. It's what Red Vs Blue is to Halo IMO.

I watch them when I have time to waste. It's pretty interesting just to see how they do things.

I played Pre-release 3, and thought it was cool, but all the chemistry and alchemy... It's so confusing, you need a guide. But I keep on switching back to 1.8, simply because most servers don't have 1.9pre on them yet.

Well, with enchantments there doesn't seem to be any pattern at all. The alphabet they use just spells something random that doesn't have anything do with what it's enchanting. I've been thinking though, there are already people who've replaced the text with the normal alphabet. Maybe I could switch it with Bionicle runes.
banner.png

I've been thinking though, there are already people who've replaced the text with the normal alphabet. Maybe I could switch it with Bionicle runes.

That's genius. I'd totally do that if I wasn't to lazy to actually get the prerelease... Edited by GCKrastin

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

Going back to the idea of a server:If anyone is interested, message me or reply. I have some techie knowledge, but not enough to launch one on my own yet….

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

Going back to the idea of a server:If anyone is interested, message me or reply. I have some techie knowledge, but not enough to launch one on my own yet….

i'm in
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

And I return to the BZP forums, which look VERY different from what I rememberereerararared. Now, on topic; DRAGONS!! They look SO AWESOME.

dragon.jpg Not quite the word I would have used... I know it's a prototype, and God forbid I should criticizer notch (you know we love you :)) but honestly? That? A dragon? Why? Why why why? Edited by Leg O'Brick

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

I've been playing sine 1.5, mainly i've been on a multiplayer server called mc.supremserver.com. A lot of my friends IRL and from other forums are on there. I've set up base in a town called Radiation. My account is Rrose79, my skin is mainly blue and gey with a Trollface, though I'm planning to switch to a different account called Rakmon_, since my old account's email address is going to be deleted soonish. I've spent far too much time on 1.9 Prerelease 4 spawning Endedragons using a glitch. Once the full release comes out and SPC is updated, I'm probably just going to endlessly spawn Giants and EnderDragons, trying to see if I can get them to fight each other. It's good being back on BZP.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Like to throw it out there, strongholds in 1.9 are unlimited, just like villages.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Anybody enjoy grieifing? Don't do it that often but sometimes I get a group of friends together and it's good fun.

You and your friends are #####. -Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

Anybody enjoy grieifing? Don't do it that often but sometimes I get a group of friends together and it's good fun.

You and your friends are #####. -Canama
This man speaks the truth. Griefing is just sad; I can understand if you're on a survival server and desperately need food or some tools, but otherwise, it's just wrong. Stealing is a gray area for me; destruction of property is just sick. It takes people weeks upon weeks sometimes to build amazing compounds, and then some fool comes along and destroys it in five minutes, or if they're in a group, a minute. Destroying other's things is just wrong, whether it's irl or in internet-space.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

If you think we've ever had the chance to grief an amazing creation, you're wrong. A smart enough server will protect all of their good creations and buildings. A server that is dumb enough to not have an anti-griefing system in place will not contain players that make good houses anyway. I don't have an internal hatred for myself, so believe me, I'm not about to wreck something that is awe-inspiring. And yeah, I pretty much posted that just to see your reactions, and defend myself. I like doing that.

So you're a troll who likes to defend himself? notcooldude.png Seriously though, some of us like running/playing completely vanilla servers, because it's fun that way. Having our houses indiscriminately destroyed isn't fun.

voidstars.png

I just like to give you guys a different point of view. I used to think griefers were dumb until I tried it out one time. One of my friends keeps finding different hack clients, so we use those a lot. I enjoy getting a bunch of diamond in a matter of minutes and running around through town with full diamond armor. Griefing doesn't have to be done in a form of destruction. If you want to be safe from griefers, join a whitelist server. Personally, I'm too lazy to sign up, so it keeps me away.

If you think we've ever had the chance to grief an amazing creation, you're wrong. A smart enough server will protect all of their good creations and buildings. A server that is dumb enough to not have an anti-griefing system in place will not contain players that make good houses anyway. I don't have an internal hatred for myself, so believe me, I'm not about to wreck something that is awe-inspiring. And yeah, I pretty much posted that just to see your reactions, and defend myself. I like doing that.

So the fact that the admin didn't install a plugin makes it cool to destroy everyone's stuff? Also, just because the creation didn't look cool doesn't mean the creator didn't like it and wasn't proud of it. And you came along and ruined it. In seconds. -Canama

that was tight

I'm not really too passionate about my griefing endeavors to get into a huge argument.I find my own personal enjoyment in it. I don't really feel the need to express my actions as right or wrong.Minecraft is meant to be played in whatever way you want, you can build, explore, fight, craft, etc.I've found my own little niche within the game, and no matter how frowned upon, it is still a part of the game. Love the conversation we're having, by the way. =D

I'm not really too passionate about my griefing endeavors to get into a huge argument. I find my own personal enjoyment in it. I don't really feel the need to express my actions as right or wrong. Minecraft is meant to be played in whatever way you want, you can build, explore, fight, craft, etc. I've found my own little niche within the game, and no matter how frowned upon, it is still a part of the game. Love the conversation we're having, by the way. =D

Does the fact that it can be done mean it should? Let's say we're both in the same room. I can punch you in the face. Should I punch you in the face? -Canama

that was tight

I'm not really too passionate about my griefing endeavors to get into a huge argument. I find my own personal enjoyment in it. I don't really feel the need to express my actions as right or wrong. Minecraft is meant to be played in whatever way you want, you can build, explore, fight, craft, etc. I've found my own little niche within the game, and no matter how frowned upon, it is still a part of the game. Love the conversation we're having, by the way. =D

Does the fact that it can be done mean it should? Let's say we're both in the same room. I can punch you in the face. Should I punch you in the face? -Canama
Yes.

Okay, fine. I'm in a room with someone nicer. Should I punch them in the face? -Canama

It's up to you really. Personally, if you someone would be considered nice by me then I wouldn't have much of a reason to punch them because we've made a connection. It's never entirely out of the question, however.
All right, let me make a better analogy. You're in a room with a stranger. Do you punch them or not? Yes or no.-Canama

that was tight

See, this is why servers should have what I have dubbed "griefing spots," aka areas with different things that can be destroyed, such as a statue, along with something to deface/destroy it, such a chest or two filled with cakes to cake the statue with. Problem is, I dunno how much fun griefing is when the server owners are basically saying "here's some stuff and a work of art, go have fun."

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Okay, fine. I'm in a room with someone nicer. Should I punch them in the face? -Canama

It's up to you really. Personally, if you someone would be considered nice by me then I wouldn't have much of a reason to punch them because we've made a connection. It's never entirely out of the question, however.
All right, let me make a better analogy. You're in a room with a stranger. Do you punch them or not? Yes or no.-Canama
Probably not, there are possibilities that this person may not like it, he may do more than just a punch in the face. Then again, maybe the reason we are in this room together is because I find out that he murdered my entire family, then I'd probably punch him in the face.

See, this is why servers should have what I have dubbed "griefing spots," aka areas with different things that can be destroyed, such as a statue, along with something to deface/destroy it, such a chest or two filled with cakes to cake the statue with. Problem is, I dunno how much fun griefing is when the server owners are basically saying "here's some stuff and a work of art, go have fun."

Or people could volunteer their older towns to be griefed, or make copies of worlds where griefing is allowed. I could accept that.

See? Nothing wrong with that. No one loses anything they value. And in a PVP server, where everyone knows going in that nothing is safe, I'm fine with griefing too. It's part of the competition. But just destroying some creative server because you feel like it ain't cool. -Canama

that was tight

I think all of these discussion will eventually culminate into the best server in existent on Minecraft. The BZPower Server. Someone get on that.

I was able to set up a server. Unfortunately, even with nothing but my server and minecraft running, it lagged with only a few people, and according to a site to test my internet connection, I can host a server with zero people on it, not including myself. So yeah, someone else will have to run it unless you guys don't mind uber lag.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I remember on Scorches last BZP server, I accidentally burned down someone's cactus farm, which resulted in mass flooding and destruction. I spent roughly an hour and a half helping to put it back together. And now on a war server, I casually grief houses every day to keep the land clear. There, it isn't bad, and every time I log back on I find my house similarly griefed. There I grief for no other reason then that something is there to grief. That server is horrible. On a war server I had with my brother, the whole point was to find the other's secret base and blow it sky-high. Out of all the servers I've played on, the last was the funnest. Even though my base wasn't secret, my bro never had tnt. =D And that is my experience griefing. ~Roablin

Edited by Roablin
banner.png

I do think griefing is fun. :) If you actually get the person you're griefing to laugh and grief back, then it is a lot more fun. But destroying a statue/town/pixelart than someone took ages to do, then you'll be taking as a noob that only cares to destroy incredible creations, thus been banned or constantly killed. I once griefed a house in a new server just to get some coal. XD But never came back to the server anyways.

No banner. :D

minecraft is so ughhh i played for a bit, made a sweet house that was like, built out of a cliff. i tried expanding, hunting for diamond and whatnot, but i kept dying. i eventually set it to peaceful, went on another huge exploration, got a few dozen diamond, fell in lava, died, haven't played since.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

minecraft is so ughhh i played for a bit, made a sweet house that was like, built out of a cliff. i tried expanding, hunting for diamond and whatnot, but i kept dying. i eventually set it to peaceful, went on another huge exploration, got a few dozen diamond, fell in lava, died, haven't played since.

If it's the building you really like, you can now you Creative Mode. You are invulnerable, have unlimited materials, and can fly.

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress