The Official Minecraft Topic

It, uh... Well, you're on fire and you can't die. That's how getting burned works in Creative.On to other matters, wow. That adventure map that just got spotlighted. I'm having all the deaths.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, funny story there... if you've got "Better Grass" enabled (it comes with things like MCPatcher), then yes, if the block has grass on top, and the block whose top is adjacent to the bottom of the block has grass on it, the side of the block will have grass on it. Looks way better than the alternative.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

If you don't want Better Grass, it's pretty easy to not use it, so no worries there. Personally, I think it looks a lot more realistic than the grass only being on the tops of blocks, especially when you've got a photorealistic texture pack.In other news, yeah. I'm putting forth my official recommendation of the Labyrinth of Irritation adventure map. It gets a bit frustrating there towards the End, but it's worth it, and the visuals are amazing.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I really hope they make it so you can choose to have the normal 64 blocks below sea level (not that there's a sea), yet retain the lack of biomes or differing elevations of a superflat world. I'll need superflat to find a 300x300 flat area for my castle, but I'll need a heck of a lot of space below me for the dungeon.

- :burnmad:

It reminds me of green wool.I... don't like that. I'll keep my grass on top, thanks.And why can I not figure out how to install a weekly snapshot? I just cannot figure it out...argh why must I be so incompetent?

Without more info I can't say how exactly to help you, but this was my issue:Windows is stupid when it comes to saving files. It likes to assume the types of files you'll be downloading are only certain types so tries to convert them to certain types. For example... The minecraft.jar folder into a .zip folder. Similar, but totally different. Make sure you do a save AS instead of just saving the file, change the type to All Files, and then the name to "minecraft.jar" - the quotes are important, because it'll take the .jar as the extension instead of a .zip. Then just move it into your ./bin folder and you're all set.I did it a few days ago lol since I got bored of things in Minecraft and fail so bad at adventure maps. My first world spawned me right next to a jungle biome. They really are impressive.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I really hope they make it so you can choose to have the normal 64 blocks below sea level (not that there's a sea), yet retain the lack of biomes or differing elevations of a superflat world. I'll need superflat to find a 300x300 flat area for my castle, but I'll need a heck of a lot of space below me for the dungeon.

An easy solution to that would be to simply build up a hill/small mountain around the site where you want your castle to be, and then put the castle there. If you're playing on creative mode, you have everything you need to drastically alter the terrain - building mountains from nothing will take a while, sure, but it'll be worth it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, but I really do agree it should be made at a point where slimes don't overrun everything, so at least it would be easier to survive...But I had another idea: Semi-flat, trees spawn, but there is no biomes, and there are small rises here and there. Less for building, more for surviving.But Flat would be good, and of course Superflat is good for building really tall buildings...We'll see. And did anyone hear the news of the new slab mechanic? They now can be on top, which is pretty useful (I found a pic in a video you-know-where, and it showed slabs making an impossible staircase... supposidly included in this weeks snapshot?).

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Eh, I rather like the slimes - they're great for experience.Besides, Superflat actually forces you to dramatically alter the landscape to facilitate survival, whether that alteration comes in the form of moats to catch the enemy before they can get to you or a tower to get yourself away from them.Yeah, the slabs thing is cool, but I'm also pretty excited about the upside-down stairs.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I confess... I'm afraid of slimes... :uhoh: Not to mention all the other monsters...and speaking of monsters... I've dug up this impressive and... quite frightening... stronghold with an End portal. I think some of the blocks are broken; I accidentally stuck my head straight through one and started suffocating! Tell me that's not a Block 97!? :wow: Do Silverfish spawn on Peaceful?

~ CHTrilogy

Bah, slimes are easy to kill. The only monsters that really worry me at all are Endermen, and that's only the 10% of the time when they get clever.No idea what's going on with the block-head thing, but no, I don't think Silverfish spawn on Peaceful, and, anyway, their attack strength is next to nothing.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

True, but, on the other hand, they're adorable.I, meanwhile, am abusing the Feather Fall boots on the Labyrinth of Irritation adventure map, by using the diamonds I got as my victory prize to build a staircase up to y=128, and then jumping to the ground below.My adventures in this map have led me to conclude that my ideal suit of armor is as follows:Helmet: Iron Helmet, enchanted with Respiration. Iron just because it's the best-looking helmet in the texture pack I'm using.Chestplate: Iron Chestplate, enchanted with Blast Protection. Again, Diamond would protect better, but it looks goofy.Pants: Gold Pants, enchanted with Fire Protection. I... really don't have a reason for this one.Shoes: Diamond Shoes, enchanted with Feather Fall. This is the only bit of diamond armor that doesn't look silly.Speaking of shoes, I really think they should make a Hover enchantment you can put on boots, so they treat the air below your feet as solid while you're running. Not sure whether that should be stackable with Feather Fall, because if it was, then it would be really easy to do stupid things with them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The 1.2 update has convinced me that waiting it out patiently for each major update it totally worth it. The jungle biome (which doesn't require brand new worlds, huzzah!) has already become my favourite biome as expected and I am building a tree fort in it. I also found my first ever survival village (outside of super flat) and it was pretty pathetic. It had three empty houses and a well. Total rip off.Soon I will build myself an Iron Golem army in Creative. And they will be assisted by Snow Golems.-ibrow

Don't freeze your computer, bro(w). :PAdding snow golems isn't as good a thing as you'd think, while they do move attackers away from the iron golems, they knock the enemies out of range.

Edit: heyheyhey, you should have changed your name to Kermit the Pybrow!

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Yeah, I'm digging the new update as well. I killed an Iron Golem on my Flatland just to prove a point to a friend, only to have a zombie siege start immediately afterward.... assisted by the Creeper Brigade, and, of course, the Slime Squadrons.So, basically, rough night, doors broke left and right, and when an Iron Golem spawned in the morning, I actually shouted "The Eagles are coming!"...Meanwhile, in the village that's been subject to my ridiculous resource-theft, Iron Golems refuse to spawn. Guarantee you that village will be empty before very long.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, LB Photorealism Texture Pack is presently wrecked. Not sure if MCPatcher needs to update (probably yes), but I definitely need to wait for LBP to update.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Nope, 1.2 is completely free regardless of if you're an alpha, beta, or final guy.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

It may never cost money; Notch simply warned that it may cost money in the future. Considering the fact that he gave three million dollars to the Mojang employees today, I think the man is a bit generous atm and will probably continue to be in the future.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Phew.Anyways, I have been screwing around in a Flat map, put down a bunch of jungle trees.It is wierd looking, considering the jungle biome I found on another world is so... mountany.Well, it's still fun doing this, but none of my servers are up and running ;-;

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

superflat is pretty lame. even in hardcore mode it's amazingly simple. i just can't stand how many stupid slimes spawn in it. hearing those things slap all over gets annoying.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

It's pretty simple in premise, yes, but coming up with solutions to the Slime problem can be entertaining.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm trying to get cats organized to keep Creepers out of a village I built in creative mode, but, uh...It's like herding cats.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

superflat is pretty lame. even in hardcore mode it's amazingly simple. i just can't stand how many stupid slimes spawn in it. hearing those things slap all over gets annoying.

That's because Superflat isn't for survival, it's for having a huge open space to build things in for Creative mode.But yes, slimes.Especially with the new height limit, superflat should be made deeper (or there should be an option)

That's because Superflat isn't for survival, it's for having a huge open space to build things in for Creative mode.But yes, slimes.Especially with the new height limit, superflat should be made deeper (or there should be an option)
I think a slider for the top layer would be good, that way people wanting to build massive aboveground structures will be happy, and people wanting to build massive belowground structures will too.Maybe even have an option to have semibiomes, no environmental effects, very small, but with special blocks and the occasional tree or other feature(Sand with Cactus for desert, snow blocks and evergreens for tundra, etc).~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

So according to Notch, there's something craftable in the game that we don't know about.Must...find out...what!!

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I think a slider for the top layer would be good, that way people wanting to build massive aboveground structures will be happy, and people wanting to build massive belowground structures will too.Maybe even have an option to have semibiomes, no environmental effects, very small, but with special blocks and the occasional tree or other feature(Sand with Cactus for desert, snow blocks and evergreens for tundra, etc).~ELM~
The point of Superflat is that it's a completely featureless plain. While saying "it's an option, you can ignore it" is a fairly strong argument, that kind of thought process would eventually lead to pages of options before you could generate a world.