The Official Minecraft Topic

minecraft is so ughhh i played for a bit, made a sweet house that was like, built out of a cliff. i tried expanding, hunting for diamond and whatnot, but i kept dying. i eventually set it to peaceful, went on another huge exploration, got a few dozen diamond, fell in lava, died, haven't played since.

If it's the building you really like, you can now you Creative Mode. You are invulnerable, have unlimited materials, and can fly.
the uh, alpha or whatever its called was like that too, i think. and i do enjoy hunting materials, but ugh its more frustrating then rewarding unless you return to spawn every ore pocket. Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Back on the griefing topic, I used to grief the classic daily. it was fun and funny, following the same guy around, repeatedly destroying his house every time he put up a new one. i haven't griefed since i got survival mode. stuff in survival is just too difficult to acquire to justify ruining it all for someone else. it only takes one horrifying night in a hole hiding from skeletons to know that getting stuck with nothing in survival sucks.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Potions are probably over powered ATM, but I kinda like it that way. Besides, splash grenades are just so fuuuuun right now.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I had SSP commands and TooManyItems on 1.8, but now I'm (finally) on 1.9 prerelease 4, so I don't have any at the moment...Back in 1.7 I had SSP commands, TooManyItems, Clay Soldiers, and Zeppelins.

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

I had SSP commands and TooManyItems on 1.8, but now I'm (finally) on 1.9 prerelease 4, so I don't have any at the moment...Back in 1.7 I had SSP commands, TooManyItems, Clay Soldiers, and Zeppelins.

TMI is like 24/7 updated, so you should check out the forums and see if there's one for pre 4.

No banner. :D

Ah, Clay Soldiers, such an awesome mod... I've been meaning to post a list of my "approved" mods for some time now, and since somebody asked for it...These are the mods I try to have;

• [*]Better than Wolves -The best moderator imo, this guy really knows what he's doing, and has added more than Mojang to my minecraft in terms of progression.)[*]SSP Commands -Although I don't cheat on my legit world, this moderator is for anything and everything. It's also helpful when the game kills you because of a bug.[*]Scaffolding -Adds one small, useful object. Although the creator doesn't update it as often as I would like.[*]MAtmos, Minaptics -MAtmos is a brilliant moderator that scans the area around you and adds sound effects. Your ears will know if you are jumping off a cliff, swinging a sword, swimming under water, or pulling back a bowstring.[*]Atomic Stryker's Battle Towers -Kodiachi's classic battle towers have been upgraded, now there are varieties of towers and a better boss.[*]Some of Kodiachi's mobs -Whirlies, Minertrivia, Spider Families, Grove Sprites, Controllable Pig Mounts, and the best, Clay Soldiers.[*]For SMP I use Rei's Minimap, this is definitely the best map moderator. Mojang maps are worthless, by the way.[*]I'd love to use Randomobs, but it is incompatible with Minecraft Forge, which is needed for Better than Wolves.[*]Connected Textures -A small graphical fix to vanilla, makes glass and sandstone seamless.[*]Portal Gun m
od -This is the only moderator of mine that doesn't fit in at all with the rest of minecraft, and I think it is done unprofessionally. But it is friggin awesome.

So I guess that's my "in depth" look at my mods, but seriously, you should try some of these. The best virtue of minecraft imo is the ability to do anything you want with it, and mods exercise that best.

banner.png

I think all of these discussion will eventually culminate into the best server in existent on Minecraft. The BZPower Server. Someone get on that.

I was able to set up a server. Unfortunately, even with nothing but my server and minecraft running, it lagged with only a few people, and according to a site to test my internet connection, I can host a server with zero people on it, not including myself. So yeah, someone else will have to run it unless you guys don't mind uber lag.
Thanks for trying. :)

I think all of these discussion will eventually culminate into the best server in existent on Minecraft. The BZPower Server. Someone get on that.

On it ;)
BBCCD and I are in (check earlier posts. ;) ). The three of us can work together, if you want.

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

We had a BZP server before The Fall, but it was permalocked on Peaceful. No fun.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

We had a BZP server before The Fall, but it was permalocked on Peaceful. No fun.

Yeah…I definitely don't want that….

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png

Hey guys, I didn't even know we had a minecraft topic here! Well, I've been playing minecraft for a year and a 1/2 on my friend's account, and finally got my own! So give me a shout if you see "ElChoncho"And when are they releasing 1.9!?

Yeah…I definitely don't want that….
Well please make another one!I would, but my computer stinks, so I couldn't run a server on it.

Percussion is love. 

Some of my favourite mo d combinations include ones that include a bunch of new mobs (see: Mo' Creatures, Humans+, most of Kodaichi's), but you have a bunch of new ways to combat them (Balkon's Weapon Mo d, some of DJoslin's). Also, mo ds that add new things to work with are great (Shockah's Minerals when it was still updated, Better Than Wolves).

~IndustrialCraft~Buildcraft~Redpower~Better Than Wolves~Timber~Portal Gun~Zepplin That's what I like to play with.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

My basic mods: -SPC-Timber-Zan's Minimap If I use TMI, I'm always cheating, so for now I'll not use it. The ones I left because of the horrible lag: -Premium Wood-More Creeps and Weirdos (if you read this go on and try it) The ones I'm waiting to update: -Aether (like, THE only one that I'm expecting and using in the future)

Edited by .:Cyber-JM:.

The Mods I generally use are:TMIPortal GunPokemobsFreerunning However, the latter is slightly glitchy. Now, if only there was a zero gravity moderator with options for reducing/rotating the pull of gravity, along with things like hover boards.

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

the aether sucksi tried it, it's got a ton of new content, but it's horribly buggy, and the mob spawning bugs eliminate all the species in the world, making the aether incredibly boring.

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

creepersthey something happen your everything

This topic so far

Vs.

LOL….. Do you guys download Maps? And Scorch, any word on my offer to word together?

itachieye9dq.gif
pohatubanner.png

LOL….. Do you guys download Maps? And Scorch, any word on my offer to word together?

I do, lately I was trying skyblock survival.
Skyblock survival is amazing. And hard. But I still love it :DI also really love the Super Hostile maps. (Specifically the Race for Wool ones) Edited by GCKrastin

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

I've never used a single moderator. :3 Afraid I'd screw up somehow since it's apparently not as simple as just downloading the moderator you want. I've done custom maps, though. Definitely like the original Super Hostile maps. Also tried the LOST adventrue map, but that was sooo long I gave up haha. Meanwhile, I started playing again since a friend invinted me to a small server with her and her friends, so it's actually rather fun. Built a little castle and worked for hoursss to finish my first build with sticky pistons. Just a simple disappearing staircase too... I kept overcomplicating it. The... four?... Creepers that blew all the redstone up were not helping either. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Just gonna say it because it's annoying the carp out of me: Mods for games aren't short for moderators, IT'S SHORT FOR MODIFICATIONS. GET THAT INTO YOUR SKULLS. So, has anybody else played CaptainSparklez' map Deep Space Turtle Chase? BTW I have a couple servers for anybody who wants them: 2b2t.net (An anarchy server, most of the landscape has been blown to bits/filled with lava) MCPVP.com (a PvP server, not much to say besides everybody will kill you the moment you step out of the Glowstone)

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

I've never used a single moderator. :3 Afraid I'd screw up somehow since it's apparently not as simple as just downloading the moderator you want. I've done custom maps, though. Definitely like the original Super Hostile maps. Also tried the LOST adventrue map, but that was sooo long I gave up haha. Meanwhile, I started playing again since a friend invinted me to a small server with her and her friends, so it's actually rather fun. Built a little castle and worked for hoursss to finish my first build with sticky pistons. Just a simple disappearing staircase too... I kept overcomplicating it. The... four?... Creepers that blew all the redstone up were not helping either. ~|ET|~

Don't worry dude, it's like, completely safe, you just backup your .jar file. If any thing goes wrong though, you can hit "force update". :P

Just gonna say it because it's annoying the carp out of me: Mods for games aren't short for moderators, IT'S SHORT FOR MODIFICATIONS. GET THAT INTO YOUR SKULLS. So, has anybody else played CaptainSparklez' map Deep Space Turtle Chase? BTW I have a couple servers for anybody who wants them: 2b2t.net (An anarchy server, most of the landscape has been blown to bits/filled with lava) MCPVP.com (a PvP server, not much to say besides everybody will kill you the moment you step out of the Glowstone)

Sometimes they're refering to the modders too. :)

Please look at what you yoursel

Just gonna say it because it's annoying the carp out of me: Mods for games aren't short for moderators, IT'S SHORT FOR MODIFICATIONS. GET THAT INTO YOUR SKULLS.

Please look at what you yourself just wrote. The BZP word filter automatically filters "mod" to moderator.
banner.png

.... Oh. I kind of forgot that. BTW, does anybody like Texture Packs? My two favorite are faithful 32*32, and LB Photorealism 128*128 (can go to 512, but looks really grainy and ugly IMO). Photorealism.png See? it's like Real Life, but with better graphics!

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

.... Oh. I kind of forgot that. BTW, does anybody like Texture Packs? My two favorite are faithful 32*32, and LB Photorealism 128*128 (can go to 512, but looks really grainy and ugly IMO). Photorealism.png See? it's like Real Life, but with better graphics!

I use mostly 32x32, since better textures make my jar sooo laggy. And hey, let me try the "moderator" filter! moderator EDIT: Wow! Filter x2! Edited by .:Cyber-JM:.

so getting this once i get my gaming comp
This topic so far

Vs.

I prefer the standard tex pack, imo it fits more with Minecraft's blocky feel. I plan on changing a few things though myself. Some guy in General Art is making an MNOLG texture pack, which is a neat idea.

Cool, I want to try it. But does anybody knows about that bionicraft project that came on the BZP news a few months ago?

Has anyone been to the new Endermen Dimension yet?

Yep. And I couldn't get out. :P

I'm still on the first version of the 1.9 pre-release so far. Also, I've been working on a Phineas and Ferb texture pack, but a lot of it is just cartoony in generally, not specifically Phineas and Ferb themed (save for some blocks that I colored purple, green, or white, for Doof and Perry's stuff.) Fortunately, most of the mobs have been reskinned, and I have ideas for all but a couple of those that haven't been yet (robotic bulls for the cows, 2nd-dimension Norm-bots for skeletons, regular norm for zombies, etc.) However, I haven't worked on it much since the 1.8 release.

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Yep. And I couldn't get out. :P

you have to die to get out. srs
This topic so far

Vs.