The Official Minecraft Topic

I'll probably do it anyways, but have baby animals and breeding been added yet? If so then I'll definitely go download the new version (the end is kinda lame, especially if they use it to replace the "sky dimension" and since you can only get out by dieing.)

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

i hope he adds the aether to the game. right now the moderator is pretty buggy, i'd like to see notch get a hold of it and fix it up, then put it in the full game.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

i stopped playing minecraft after i figured out it hates me. i lost so much stuff because of lava.(by so much stuff i mean: 2 diamonds, 13 pickaxes, pork, bread, gravel, and my iron armor)

I wouldn't stop playing Minecraft just because of that. Try dying EVERY SINGLE TIME you have a diamond pickaxe in your inventory. I'm cursed. :( -ibrow

I really hope I can buy this game soon. I'll probably get it by the end of the week. I know it's horrible to the victims, but does anyone else find greifing hilarious? Especially when its done well, like an entire wooden city burning? TRANSITION Supposedly enchanting is overpowered. Any thoughts on the subject?

I brush with death so often we've started giving eachother high-fives.

Yeah, although the Aether was a stunning display of what modders are capable of, but it definitely had flaws. The whole extra set of tools and armor was just useless, and was a total id hog.

it wasn't so much that, but i had a problem with the broken mob spawning that there was no way to fix. after about 20 minutes there were no animals because there were too many immortal derpwhales stuck in the cliff faces.

i stopped playing minecraft after i figured out it hates me. i lost so much stuff because of lava.(by so much stuff i mean: 2 diamonds, 13 pickaxes, pork, bread, gravel, and my iron armor)

don't dig straight down? ffs
This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

it's an unspoken rule that you're supposed to dig in a staircase pattern, never directly down. if you dig directly down, you WILL fall in lava. it's not smart, and if you lose all your stuff for doing it it's your fault and you fail.

This topic so far

Vs.

And digging straight down is about five times more foolish than using a staircase pattern.So yeahhh still hate Creepers. xD I got blown up by one last night, then when I respawned in the second floor of my house... there was another one right in front of me. Turns out I left the door open... ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Well, to get rid of the whales I would "killnpc all" every once in a while. It was really hard to find Aechor plants though. I used to dig staircase patterns, and then replace them with ladders later. That's the past for me. I now dig a 2x1 shaft straight down. I stand in the middle of the two blocks, so that if one of them has a hole I don't fall in. The rule is never to dig directly below, but if you are standing partially on another block it's fine. It's been forever since I've fallen into lava. So, once I reach level 15 (which is the level diamonds are most common at), one side of my mineshaft has ladders and the other is a sheer drop. I put a 3 deep pool of water at the bottom of the drop. So when I want to go down, I just jump all the way into the water. Once you have enough iron, you can upgrade your mineshaft even further with minecarts.

banner.png

it's an unspoken rule that you're supposed to dig in a staircase pattern, never directly down. if you dig directly down, you WILL fall in lava. it's not smart, and if you lose all your stuff for doing it it's your fault and you fail.

Wow, BBCCD, why not try being considerate of others instead of talking to them like they're cool dudes. That was supposed to be something else, so I'll just say stupid. Perhaps that that person tried to cross lava and let go of Shift, or something like that. When I mine, I just clear a giant 5X5 hole with a staircase pattern left. The only trouble is not falling in. Edited by Death's Apprentice

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress

So, once I reach level 15 (which is the level diamonds are most common at)

Diamonds are best found at level 12, not 15.Just thought I'd point that out.At least, that's what all the pros say.Just push F3 and go down until the Y coordinate says 12.65blahblahblah. Anyways, I've got a Minecraft series going on a specific website that you all probably know. It's called KrastinCraft. Go look it up or something.I might start uploading it to Vimeo so I can link to it here.

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

And digging straight down is about five times more foolish than using a staircase pattern. So yeahhh still hate Creepers. xD I got blown up by one last night, then when I respawned in the second floor of my house... there was another one right in front of me. Turns out I left the door open... ~|ET|~

This is nothing. Let me show my one house in SMP…..

ignore i just realized i dont need to be a prick to -everybody-

How is that NOT filtered?

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

Wow, BBCCD, why not try being considerate of others instead of talking to them like they're cool dudes. That was supposed to be something else, so I'll just say stupid. Perhaps that that person tried to cross lava and let go of Shift, or something like that. When I mine, I just clear a giant 5X5 hole with a staircase pattern left. The only trouble is not falling in.
That's quarry mining if I'm not mistaken. I tried it once, but I think I made the hole waaaay too big, about one and a half chunks I think On a different note, I recently figured out how to downgrade Minecraft to an older version, really interesting, I managed to retrieve 3 worlds the seeds of which I had previously lost. I have to say that, by comparison, 1.5 looked smoother than the current 1.8. Edited by Solare

\/ The user below me is dumb a neat guy. \/

On a different subject, who thinks Ghasts are terryifying? I HATE GHASTS. GHASTS ARE EVIL. WORSE THAN CREEPERS. THIS IS ME, HATING GHASTS. On a different subject (Again), I think enchantments are awesome. And so are potions, although I am scared of using the wrong splash potion and creating a health regenerating Enderman by accident *Shudders*

Edited by Last of the Time Lords

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

On a different subject, who thinks Ghasts are terryifying? I HATE GHASTS. GHASTS ARE EVIL. WORSE THAN CREEPERS. THIS IS ME, HATING GHASTS. On a different subject (Again), I think enchantments are awesome. And so are potions, although I am scared of using the wrong splash potion and creating a health regenerating Enderman by accident *Shudders*

That sounds teribble to make a regenerating endeman those things are hard to kill.

panel.png

toa's new unnamed comics. coming well i dont know so top asking.>:( :P

Anyone here watch the Yogscast? They're easily my favourite gamers out there at the moment. Their Shadow of Israphel is cooler than any invention for Minecraft I've ever seen. It's what Red Vs Blue is to Halo IMO.

Yes and I love it and now I can't play minecraft without thinking of the diggy diggy hole song.

Wow, BBCCD, why not try being considerate of others instead of talking to them like they're cool dudes. That was supposed to be something else, so I'll just say stupid. Perhaps that that person tried to cross lava and let go of Shift, or something like that. When I mine, I just clear a giant 5X5 hole with a staircase pattern left. The only trouble is not falling in.
That's quarry mining if I'm not mistaken. I tried it once, but I think I made the hole waaaay too big, about one and a half chunks I think On a different note, I recently figured out how to downgrade Minecraft to an older version, really interesting, I managed to retrieve 3 worlds the seeds of which I had previously lost. I have to say that, by comparison, 1.5 looked smoother than the current 1.8.
HOW?!?!?!?? NEED to know……. :o

Anyone here watch the Yogscast? They're easily my favourite gamers out there at the moment. Their Shadow of Israphel is cooler than any invention for Minecraft I've ever seen. It's what Red Vs Blue is to Halo IMO.

Yes and I love it and now I can't play minecraft without thinking of the diggy diggy hole song.
I need to watch this more often….

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png

That would beg the question of why you're using a health regenerating splash potion?

That's quarry mining if I'm not mistaken. I tried it once, but I think I made the hole waaaay too big, about one and a half chunks I think On a different note, I recently figured out how to downgrade Minecraft to an older version, really interesting, I managed to retrieve 3 worlds the seeds of which I had previously lost. I have to say that, by comparison, 1.5 looked smoother than the current 1.8.
I do quarry mining a lot. It's a great (though somewhat slow,) way of getting a bunch of minerals, won't leave tunnels all over the place that you may run into later, and can be used as a deathtrap for mobs or underground base once you're done mining it out. Of course, it's a pain when you run into lava and have to either clear it out or ditch the whole thing and start all over. As for ghasts, they're mainly just annoying given how hard it is to kill them. Creepers may be annoying, but at least you can safely collect their gunpowder (especially when one of them in a group explodes, allowing you to collect the gunpowder from the others.)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Has anybody seen the Nostalgiacraft Texture pack? It makes Minecraft Beta 1.8 look like Indev, Survival test, or Alpha 1.2.1, depnding on which you download. It's pretty awesome. I'm going to download it ASAP, which is probably tomorrow.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

That would beg the question of why you're using a health regenerating splash potion?
Wolves.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

thats like, three times slower though.

justified by the fact that you never lose your stuff doing that. does anyone know if nether fortresses still spawn in 1.9 pre4? my friend just got it and went to the nether for the first time, and there was no bridges or anything.
This topic so far

Vs.

On a different topic, I'm thinking of downloading the 1.9 pre-release to-day, but I don't know if it is worth it or if I should wait for the full release. Any-one got an opinion?

On a different topic, I'm thinking of downloading the 1.9 pre-release to-day, but I don't know if it is worth it or if I should wait for the full release. Any-one got an opinion?

To be honest I don't see why you'd wait? It's not really buggy or anything, and there's a couple new things. Not that many of them are very useful. Edited by GLaDOS

You should totally do it, since now Minecraft has entered the code freeze, so pre 4 is going to be the last update until full realease. :)

No banner. :D

Currently working on setting up a server….I'm working on the configuring process, which may take until tomorrow. Just thought you would like to know…. :)

itachieye9dq.gif
pohatubanner.png

Currently working on setting up a server….I'm working on the configuring process, which may take until tomorrow. Just thought you would like to know…. :)

1.9 prerelease 4?
This topic so far

Vs.

You know what's really fun to do in the Nether? Have a Zombie Pigman skin with a Golden sword, and following group of Pigmen around, confusing noobs. Especially when you attack them. Also on the server I visit, very few people in the Nether are smart enough to avoid lava. They die on fire, and I get tons of free stuff. I actually got a Diamond sword for about a dozen Stone Swords. Also traded 15 wooden planks and 3 apples for 3 diamonds (on that server, punching leaves get you apples).

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.