The Official Minecraft Topic

Yesterday I was playing Survival for the first time in a while, and as I was trying to slip into a spacy dark cave to find some useful minerals and I was fighting off a few zombies and spiders, a creeper snuck behind me and started a point-blank explosion, and killed me, and survival's kinda ruined for me. Maybe I'll get back into it slowly, starting with peaceful mode, then to easy, then all the way to actual HARDCORE mode. :DYesterday I was playing Survival for the first time in a while, and as I was trying to slip into a spacy dark cave to find some useful minerals and I was fighting off a few zombies and spiders, a creeper snuck behind me and started a point-blank explosion, and killed me, and survival's kinda ruined for me. Maybe I'll get back into it slowly, starting with peaceful mode, then to easy, then all the way to actual HARDCORE mode. :D

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

So I've got my house, which is just underground in a swamp. Below it is an Abandoned Mine Shaft with a ravine running through it. Awesome place

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Currently working on setting up a server….I'm working on the configuring process, which may take until tomorrow. Just thought you would like to know…. :)

1.9 prerelease 4?
1.8.1 (i think…); don't know how to make it 1.9.1 EDIT: 1.9.4, not 1.9.1Srry, just took a sleeping pill. :) Edited by toa ordaku

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

is anyone else with 1.9 pre 4 experiencing a LOT of crashing/ it's gotten almost unplayable for me

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

is anyone else with 1.9 pre 4 experiencing a LOT of crashing/ it's gotten almost unplayable for me

I've had really bad crashing since 1.5 for some reason. It says it's out of memory, but even when I check the memory usage with F3, I get the error when it's less than 50% :\

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

Before I begin, I'm not trying to be a hater or a troll. I just don't understand why people like this game. I like building things in virtual worlds as much as the next guy, hence my love for Forge and the reason for my membership on this site, but seriously? This game is a disgrace to Java. The graphics (which I know don't matter all that much) are made up of pixels and cubes. The whole 'Survival Mode' of the game isn't actually that difficult considering you can just barricade yourself in a massive, impressive castle where nothing can really harm you. Building mode is just playing around in a world without the effects of gravity and poorly rendered blocks. There aren't any boss monsters, which isn't really what the game is aiming for but still would be nice. All it ends up being is people making stupid things on their servers (my friend made an underground cavern full of brown wool known as 'Crapland') and making giant structures/cities. It becomes terribly repetitive after the first few days of building things and not having any real objective to set, such as a certain level. All you do is build things, and once you've built everything you wanted to the game is basically over. Fighting mobs isn't any fun because all it is is mindless clicking. Again, I'm not trying to troll. Just wondering out loud what it is people see in MC.

Credit to Shadow Kurahk for avatar!

Before I begin, I'm not trying to be a hater or a troll. I just don't understand why people like this game. I like building things in virtual worlds as much as the next guy, hence my love for Forge and the reason for my membership on this site, but seriously? This game is a disgrace to Java. The graphics (which I know don't matter all that much) are made up of pixels and cubes.

Everything on your computer screen is made of pixels, whether it's in MC or something rendered with the newest graphics engine. And what's bad about cubes? I like cubes.

The whole 'Survival Mode' of the game isn't actually that difficult considering you can just barricade yourself in a massive, impressive castle where nothing can really harm you.

But that's no fun! And to build that massive, impressive castle (which is fun) you're gonna have to do a lot of work and massive amounts of survival. But that's the beauty of the game. You can do what you want. The potential to do that is there, but if you don't want to you don't have to!

Building mode is just playing around in a world without the effects of gravity and poorly rendered blocks.

Some of the coolest creations I've seen would not work with gravity, so no thanks. And I still fail to see why you insist that the graphics are bad. It's an aesthetic, for God's sake!

There aren't any boss monsters, which isn't really what the game is aiming for but still would be nice.

Coming soon-ish.

All it ends up being is people making stupid things on their servers (my friend made an underground cavern full of brown wool known as '####land') and making giant structures/cities.

Is it the game's fault people make stupid things with it?

It becomes terribly repetitive after the first few days of building things and not having any real objective to set, such as a certain level.

But that's the beauty of the game! You have no objective or goal besides what you set for yourself! You're never forced to do anything!

All you do is build things, and once you've built everything you wanted to the game is basically over. Fighting mobs isn't any fun because all it is is mindless clicking.

Try a survival challenge, like survival island. You cannot argue that the game is not challenging after that. I do agree that the fighting sucks though, but hopefully that will be improved. I don't think Minecraft is perfect, but I think that a lot of your criticism was highly subjective. It seems that I love the game for the exact same reason you hate it. -Canama Edited by Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

Before I begin, I'm not trying to be a hater or a troll. I just don't understand why people like this game. I like building things in virtual worlds as much as the next guy, hence my love for Forge and the reason for my membership on this site, but seriously? This game is a disgrace to Java. The graphics (which I know don't matter all that much) are made up of pixels and cubes. The whole 'Survival Mode' of the game isn't actually that difficult considering you can just barricade yourself in a massive, impressive castle where nothing can really harm you. Building mode is just playing around in a world without the effects of gravity and poorly rendered blocks. There aren't any boss monsters, which isn't really what the game is aiming for but still would be nice. All it ends up being is people making stupid things on their servers (my friend made an underground cavern full of brown wool known as 'Crapland') and making giant structures/cities. It becomes terribly repetitive after the first few days of building things and not having any real objective to set, such as a certain level. All you do is build things, and once you've built everything you wanted to the game is basically over. Fighting mobs isn't any fun because all it is is mindless clicking. Again, I'm not trying to troll. Just wondering out loud what it is people see in MC.

If you played it that way, barricading yourself in a large castle, then you're enjoying it wrong. The entire point of Minecraft is to build and get your creations ravaged by creeper and endermen. And you've never made a mob grinder, have you? my guess in no. You've never watched a creeper slowly get burned, and then picked up the gunpowder it dropped.And personally, I'd rather spend my time playing a bad-graphic'd sandbox game than an insanely expensive, limited first-person shooter any day.

so The End is terrible.i didn't think notch could make a new dimension with less features than The Nether, then he made The End, a world composed entirely out of only 2 different blocks. Such a waste of data. I don't care if there's gonna be dragons there, The End sucks.

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

dude really? the whole point is to make it look like that and if you dont like how it looks get a texture pack they work really well

agstickfigures25.gif

anyone who complains about the graphics in minecraft can go back to spending $60 a year on their terrible COD games.

This topic so far

Vs.

anyone who complains about the graphics in minecraft can go back to spending $60 a year on their terrible COD games.

I for one appreciate the fact that Minecraft's graphics do not require a Nvidia 560 Ti to run. In fact, if Notch would ever make Optifine official and add it to the game, my 2003 Dell Dimension 2400 could run it if I ever managed to start up Minecraft with less RAM. I mean, when a game can run off of a 2003 Pentium 4 and 512 megs of RAM -it is possible, with Optifine and booting it with less RAM-, that's saying something. Besides, if you hate on the graphics, go get yourself a texture pack or something.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

i really hope notch puts in real world dragons. Ender dragons are cool, but i don't want to go to the stupid End to see them. and using hax to get them to spawn in the normal world is not going to help. i don't know who all here has seen it, but the minecraft forums have a video up that shows exactly why enderdragons shouldn't ever be in the normal world.

This topic so far

Vs.

so eventually killing an enderdragon will give you a way out of the End. the end will basically be just a boss chamber, which is why it's made out of only 2 blocks.i like that idea. as of now, the End is pointless, but if killing the dragon and scoring sweet loot will get you out then the challenge seems worth it.

This topic so far

Vs.

I hope theres a way to travel back and forth from the end after the Enderdragon is killed at any time. That place would be great for harvesting Obsidian, and a Silk Touch Enchantment would work wonders on collecting that whitestone :)

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

So…is anyone still interested in a server? I've been messing with it for a little while, and it seems to be running fine…. If there's not enough interest, though, I can just keep it private….

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

So…is anyone still interested in a server? I've been messing with it for a little while, and it seems to be running fine…. If there's not enough interest, though, I can just keep it private….

I am! A BZPMinecraft server would be cool.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

We need a BZP server sooo badly.I know guy here on BZP who made a private server once, but it was super laggy and such.I also know another guy who isn't on BZP who made a private server. He doesn't put it up that often (It's not dedicated) and it's a little laggy, but it's still really fun. The problem with both servers is that they crash with more than 4 or 5 people on at once. EDIT: And if we ever do get a server up, I could be official lag-tester. XD

Edited by GCKrastin

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

I am! As much as I like having my own little private server, it's much more fun with other people, and it's even better with people I actually know. :P I also wouldn't mind doing some lag-testing for the server.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

A Bzpower Minecraft server? I would really like that... Does anyone else think the Adventure update generated worlds are kind of... boring? Just large forests with a almostno interesting areas. Hopefully the full game will change that.

Don't know what's up with you man. I've got a swamp with island chains to the west, Plains to the North, a mountain range to the west, and a vast, mystical forest to the Soouth, with more swamp to the east.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Yes, yes, yes, yes a thousand times YES! a BZPower server would be awesome!

A Bzpower Minecraft server? I would really like that... Does anyone else think the Adventure update generated worlds are kind of... boring? Just large forests with a almostno interesting areas. Hopefully the full game will change that.

Don't know what's up with you man. I've got a swamp with island chains to the west, Plains to the North, a mountain range to the west, and a vast, mystical forest to the Soouth, with more swamp to the east.
Do you have prerelease? I'm still using Beta 1.8. (goes off to install 1.9 post-haste.).

So PR 5 is out. It came out a few days ago, but no one mentioned it. I have a changelog from the MCF: Mobs

• [*]Squids swim up. Passive squid animation is now vertical.[*]Slimes no longer have a 'depth y0-16' restriction.[*]Pigmen no longer accumulate fall damage while swimming in lava.[*]Ender Dragons
    • [*]Now take damages by player.[*]Glows purple when killed, disintegrates and floats upwards - new animation effect. [*]Drops loads of XP and one obsidian block.[*]Have the same eye shining thin Enderman has.[*]Dragon makes "a player gettin hit sound" when damaged.

[*]Mobs 'neutral' in creative mode. Except for spiders, ghasts, and silverfish.. Note: Enemies from spawners are still hostile.[*]Dragon Eggs. - Not in game, recently tweeted by Notch.[*]Baby animals in SMP.

Items

• [*]Items retain their enchantments if chest is destroyed.[*]Fences no longer connect to leaves.[*]Lily pads are no longer gray in inventory, have a tool tip.[*]Melons breaking into more than one piece again.[*]Fixed fence "hitboxes".[*]Balancing of enchantments.[*]Find 'iron' gear in strongholds.[*]Silk touch does not work on spawners.[*]Game Crashing piston glitch fixed.[*]Eye of Ender now points directly to the Ender Portal.

Controls

• [*]Camera rotation
    • [*]I, J, K, L, N, and M control where your looking (I,J,K,L are up down left & right, N and M are rotations)[*]F9 Adds a fixed camera angle. ( You can move this with I, J, K, and L)[*]M+N resets the view. *Important*[*]H and Y are the zoom controls[*]H + Y together resets the zoom [*]F9 locks your view[*]Tweet from Jeb_ (As you know I always forget at least one thing when upload a release... The "camera controls" (F6 etc) are not supposed to be there =/) So..don't get your hopes up. Though these features are really nice for everyone..except the flying in survival mode.[*]Toggle fly with F6. Survival mode.

[*]You receive a warning when changing render distance to far only if you're not running Java x64.[*]Option to turn off clouds in the video menu.

Textures/Liquid Movement Mechanics

• [*]Texture Tweeks[sic]
    • [*]Gravel[*]Glowstone[*]Monster Spawners[*]Iron Block[*]Wood Planks[*]Grass[*]Water

[*]New Water Physics for vertical movement.[*]Water is back the way it was before pre4, plus: Whenever a water source is surrounded on all sides by blocks or water (not necessarily source blocks) and it has an air block or (non source) water block below, then that air/water block turns into a water source. From Darquan (I think it is intentional. It eliminates the underwater currents when you place and remove a block. The behaviour seems to be carefully chosen such that it cannot automatically flood entire caves, nor does it seem to break typical ways of using water for automatic harvesting.) Bug.[*]Water can be placed in water again.[*]"End Stone" (from The End) and "Mycelium" from the Mushroom biome in Creative! 2011-10-27_1124.png[*]Lava can be made infinite by digging 1 square down, and making a "plus" sign - 5 squares total. Fill the outsides with lava. [*]oshpif.gif Thanks to Arbitror for the gif.

Misc.

• [*]Lighting is different. Colors are now better matched with the color of the light source.[*]Longer reach for fighting mobs.[*]Creative mode - logging back in will no longer make you 'fall' from falling.[*]Player bow draw-back animation improved.[*]Range of attack distance in creative has Reports of better FPS.[*]Balancing of enchantments.[*]New Achievements
    • [*]DIAMONDS! - Acquire diamonds with your iron tools.[*]Enchanter - Use a book, obsidian and diamonds to cunstruct an enchantment table.[*]Librarian - Build some bookshelves to improve your enchantment table.[*]Overkill - Deal eight hearts of damage in a single hit.[*]We Need to Go Deeper - Going through a portal to the Nether.[*]Return to Sender - Destroy a Ghast with a fireball.[*]Into Fire - Relieve a Blaze of its rod.[*]Local Brewery - Brew a potion.[*]The End? - Locate the End.[*]The End. - Defeat the Ender Dragon.

[*]Villages now have small fenced off patches of dirt with either wheat or tall grass growing in them, connected to the houses.[*]Light glitch on stairs fixed.[*]Jumping makes you lose xp points. Bug for some?

Ender Dragon death animation:

2567j86.pngThanks to redditor Evilbannana1 for the pic. So what do you think? ~Unit#phntk#1

So i decided to explore the nether in my creative world today. I messed around, killed a few ghasts, blew up some pigmen, then i noticed it had a ceiling. i punched my way up there, and I was suddenly above bedrock, just a huge, flat plain of bedrock as far as the eye could see. I explored a bit, then went back down and punched my way through the bedrock underneath the nether and died. I made a new portal by my spawn point and went in, then i decided to see what's on the sides of the nether, after five minutes of mindless digging, I gave up and decided to make a portal above the nether, and i found out you can't build there, so i dug back to the netherrack and built the portal there. Guess where it spawned in the regular world? underground. In a ravine in the middle of the ocean. in literally nowhere. I dug out and flew around, i found nothing for half an hour, just endless ocean and a few islands, then i saw another ravine below the water, and dove in, after exploring, i realized i had stumbled upon a quadruple Ravine connected with an abandoned mining shaft. after exploring the shaft, i dug back into the ocean and resumed flying around aimlessly. I still have not gotten out of that bloody ocean. ~ELM~

Edited by Element lord Of Milk.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

i might use the new flying addition to find a fortress in the nether. building bridges across the lava is such a hassle.

This topic so far

Vs.

I have two fortresses within walking distance of my Nether gate. Still get lost in the Nether constantly.

-Rover