The Official Minecraft Topic

Does anyone else have any building plans for the new command block? Personally I'd like to build a portal terminal in my vanilla map.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

It basically allows you to program the block with commands that an admin would normally be able to use, except they're triggered with a redstone signal instead. Like, you could wire up a button to one to automatically teleport someone to preset co-ordinates, or get it to spawn items, or change the weather or time. Stuff like that.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

*Raises eyebrow* Well that's very interesting then. It's only set to admin commands, though? Like, you can't have stuff like I was talking about? It's still pretty cool, though, since that'd work very well for a teleport system between multiple bases... You just have to make sure that others can't find it and use it to infiltrate everything and blow stuff up. =P

While not ideal I suppose you could make an elaborate puzzle out of them. Like, have one room with a lever that opens the door and a command block that leads back outside, then have a maze of encased rooms with different teleportations that lead to it. Get the first part of the password right, move onto the next room for the next part of the password...get it wrong and get dumped in lava :P

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

I'll probable do most of my sadistic puzzles with tripwire, if I actually get into doing that sort of thing again.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Remember, folks, the command block can only be placed and edited on servers by admins. ;) For adventure maps, though... >:-)

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Can you whitelist me flipz? I'm quantummetalbric

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Can you whitelist me flipz? I'm quantummetalbric
I'm not the admin; Piraka~Mistika is. ;)Cosmic, do you have any old email addresses you may have forgotten to check? Try seeing if any of them have anything for you. Also, try logging on directly through the minecraft website (not the wiki or the forums), there should be a password reset option there. ;)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Cobui: sure!Guurahk: Maybe Flipz knows what you're talking about, but do you mean for my server?EDIT: Ninja'd. Sure, Guurahk.Speaking of which, I'm turning on the server for 45 minutes or so.

Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

I dunno if you saw, but would you mind white-listing me for the future, if you're not already full in terms of members, P~M? My Minecraft name is BZP_Blade - pretty much the same as my current username. =P

Guys I'm the Lag King, because college internet is terrible. Find someone else to get on, I can't even watch an episode of Sherlock on Netflix without having to stop to let it buffer.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It's okay, we understand. Also, I should hopefully be able to actually get on Minecraft tomorrow, depending on if the server's up or not. =)
It will. I'll be able to turn it on around 4:30 EST assuming my bus isn't late like it was yesterday.Off Topic: All the clocks in my school are 45 minutes fast now, which freaked me out earlier. WTH?No we're not. Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

Alright, was too busy with other stuff yesterday, but hopefully I'll be able to get on tonight. =P The problem is when you consider that I can only get on, on my laptop. >>'
Well seeing as I'm running the server from my laptop, it should be fine. :biggrin:Anyway, server's temporarily down. Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

No, no, I meant that I'm on my desktop right now, which can't run Minecraft. xD The laptop runs perfectly. =PIf it's up in a few more hours, I'll be able to finally get on for once. =D Don't think I'll be able to get on tomorrow, though... =/

Tempted to move up to one of the snapshots. I don't feel like working on my Technic world lately and am itching for those new items *.*

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

While you've been working on PM's server I've been questing to find the perfect tekkit server.In the end I found one that's kinda slow but good enough, only the BH band was banned for duping and power flowers are limited to a maximum of 4 sets of mk 3 flower's but beyond that everything's ok.

Well, I've been playing the demo for months now, and it's by far the creepiest game I've played. I'm always on the lookout for Herobrine and I rarely get off Peaceful mode.Has anyone ever seen Herobrine?
Herobrine isn't an actual feature of the game. Myself, I'd advise you to pay more attention to the creepers, and get off Peaceful mode - much more exciting to craft up some armor, get yourself a shovel, and go zombie-hunting.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom