The Official Minecraft Topic

You could make a nuclear cannon, those are pretty entertaining. The mining laser is also a pretty fun weapon, from what I've heard.Main thing I use IC for is stuff like Reinforced Stone.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It's probably something to do with the excessive punctuation.But yeah, if you're on a server where everyone's trying to kill everyone else, you might want to stop and check, make sure that isn't actually the point of the server.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Is it a server you're familiar with, and if so is it, in fact, primarily a PvP server?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yes I kind of figured it was in survival mode, but what I'm trying to get to is whether there's a rule on the server about not killing people, or if directly competing with everyone else for resources is actually encouraged (as is the case on a significant number of servers).

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Actually, Bolshak, it's probably just me. :PAnyway, the server will be offline today, as Mojang seems to be having some issues with their servers. Both my server and another server I was on crashed repeatedly. I'll wait till 1.4.4 (which should be tomorrow) before I turn it back on.

Edited by Srakii~Pktaaim

banner.jpg

Good grief, are we up to 1.4.4 already? I really need to start watching CaptainSparklez' videos again. blush.png

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

I've got 59 blocks of iron. I think maybe it's time to stop mining iron. Then there's twelve blocks of gold, three blocks of diamond, twenty blocks of lapis, and I've somehow run out of coal.(It's worth noting that I've decided to avoid making diamond armor until I can enchant it, so I'll probably use a wee bit of diamond next time I hit level thirty.)

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Still, if the tunnels are long enough, won't that make it easier? Surely having (temporary) cover and a way to keep it (mostly) confined within the range of your arrows would be helpful in killing it, right?

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Eh, that would also seriously hamper your own maneuverability, making it easier for the Wither to hit you, and the Wither hitting you is worse for you than you hitting the Wither is for it.Meanwhile, I have seventy-four blocks of iron for some reason.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The bedrock method I've heard of is to find a space in the bedrock that is surrounded on all four sides with a block. Then, take any other block, and place it a little higher than where the wither would be, then, after setting down the blocks to summon it, place a water source underneath the topmost block.Ofcourse, its not entirely fool proof. If the player or any mobs are within a certain radius of the Wither when its summoned, it'll break free. Once its active, the method is fine, though. It'll just drown.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

But where's the fun in that? Just watching what might be the toughest enemy in the game drown isn't fun, it's just... nuh. Not fun.Meanwhile, updating to 1.4.4 has apparently put my Optifine far enough out of date that I need to get a new version of it to make HD texture packs work properly. Further nuh, with a significant portion of bluh.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The bedrock method I've heard of is to find a space in the bedrock that is surrounded on all four sides with a block. Then, take any other block, and place it a little higher than where the wither would be, then, after setting down the blocks to summon it, place a water source underneath the topmost block.Ofcourse, its not entirely fool proof. If the player or any mobs are within a certain radius of the Wither when its summoned, it'll break free. Once its active, the method is fine, though. It'll just drown.
However, the Wither will fire explosive skulls every now and then even when idle, so it could easily break free before it drowns.
Meanwhile, updating to 1.4.4 has apparently put my Optifine far enough out of date that I need to get a new version of it to make HD texture packs work properly. Further nuh, with a significant portion of bluh.
Fortunately, according to Dinnerbone, the rewrite of the vanilla rendering engine coming between 1.5 and 1.7 will support HD texture packs, no Optifine needed.Also, I regret to inform everybody that 1.4.4 has fixed the amazing bug that can make squids fly. D:~Unit#phntk#1

If I remember something I read correctly, a Wither taking drowning damage actually reflexively destroys everything within a certain radius, including the water source block, in order to get itself air.Did they also fix the amazing thing where you could use silverfish to catapult yourself into space?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yes, Withers destroy all blocks around them when they take damage, and even the Wither Skull projectiles can destroy water source blocks.Sadly, that bug has been fixed. However, you can punch a hole in the side of the tube and watch them shoot out - not nearly as much fun as walking into the corner and getting kicked for speed hacks, but still interesting. Etho's hyperspawners work GREAT for filling up the tube.Fortunately, the bug that causes Piggles to walk infinitely in one direction whilst being ridden in a minecart is still present.EDIT: You can still catapult mobs into space using the silverfish/squid technique.~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

Okay. I'm really hoping they don't even recognize that as a bug instead of, you know, the way it's supposed to be, as launching people/things into space with that method is objectively awesome.Also, remember that Silverfish plague spawner I set up? If I did it now, I would include splash potions of invisibility, because, you know, some things need to be turned up to 11.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Ok i found the weirdest generated structure... It's a cobblestone/mossy cobblestone temple just outside a jungle biome. It has no doors, but one block openings. When i went in, there are stairs leading to three levers... and what looks like a tunnel system with booby traps in it, exploring it now. I'm afraid tons of TNT will go off if I pull a lever...

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

@PM: That method only really works when you have spawn eggs. My preferred method is to make a single block above a pit of lava, with nothing connecting the block to anything, and a block above and one to the side from that block. Spawn the silverfish on the side of the higher block that faces the lower block (not on top of it), so that they fall onto the lower block. They will then sit still on the lower block, and you can pack them in tight. Once you have a sufficient number of them, someone in survival can jump down into the mass of silverfish and get rocketed away from them.@ToV: The best advice I can give you is to carefully excavate the wall around the levers so that you can see the redstone coming from them and thus what they will do if you pull them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

No, the levers activate pistons to reveal a secret chest if pulled in the right order. If you hear pistons, go up one level and look for an opening in the floor.EDIT: Be careful down the corridors, though; look out for tripwires and dispensers.

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

Yeah or you could follow the advice of someone who actually knows jungle temples, probably works better than what I said.The advice of breaking the wall open is even better now, though, since it means you can follow the redstone to the pistons, and thus to the chest.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Thanks, i learned the arrow traps the hard way, I will find the chest by breaking the wall. Seems to be a rare structure, never saw one before. And speaking of which, I have yet to find a witch hut, I've been to tons of swamps. Although I'm not sure if I want to find one, last time I met one, she turned me into a newt... I got better.

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

I've not seen a swamp hut either, and I've spent a bit of time tromping around a Large Biomes swamp.Temples are somewhat rare, compared to, say, villages, and they're also biome-specific - Desert Temples spawn in deserts, while Jungle Temples (what you found) spawn in jungles.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't found a jungle temple. I've found multiple desert temples but never a jungle one. And they've been around since 1.2 or 1.3.I think it's just easier to break down the temple than bother with the switches. You're only going to steal the mossy cobblestone anyway.

Jungle temples are a wee bit harder to find because the jungles trees block your view. Deserts tend to be mostly flat, and even in the DesertHills subbiome you can climb up on a hill and see for a rather good distance. If you're in singleplayer, I would set the difficulty to Hard and break the flint and steel. In multiplayer, I would put effort into getting an Unbreaking/Efficiency axe.~Unit#phntk#1

anyone have a good server to play?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

So, I'm trying to make a realistic jungle tree - i.e, the realistic dimensions of real large trees in rain forests. So 13 block diameter and about 67 blocks tall, not counting the leaves.Yeah. It's kind of taking a while.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I have a newfound appreciation of why the real jungle trees in Minecraft aren't accurately scaled. It is really freaking hard making a good-looking accurately-scaled jungle tree.EDIT: Scrapping my first attempt, moving to working from photo references. Still going to keep the same key parameters (13m diameter trunk, 67m height), but it's going to be... well, it's going to make more sense in terms of its shape. Probably a bit less strictly vertical.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom