The Official Minecraft Topic

This game is incredibly addictive. I played five hours straight just to make a Nether portal and get an achievement on Xbox. I might have died ten times, and lost the majority of my tools several times, but I got it. =P Also, anybody know where you can find a saddle? I know you can't make them, but I was curious to know if you can obtain them by any means in the tutorial on Xbox.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

This game is incredibly addictive. I played five hours straight just to make a Nether portal and get an achievement on Xbox. I might have died ten times, and lost the majority of my tools several times, but I got it. =P Also, anybody know where you can find a saddle? I know you can't make them, but I was curious to know if you can obtain them by any means in the tutorial on Xbox.
Dungons. Kind of rare natural structures that appear underground, small little rooms constantly having a hostile mob spawner inside of it, so approach with caution. You can find them by listening for an erie wind sound underground, and it is surrounded with mossey cobblestone. Well, that's how it is in the PC version, the X-box version may be different.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Probably because nothing actually cares about Mooshrooms. Point of fact, I'm surprised Creepers don't survive just as well, considering that, unless I'm quite mistaken, Iron Golems are unwilling to attack them, and the probability of every creeper being caught by skellie arrows is pretty unlikely.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Server's up. Get on while you can.
You always put it on while I am busy.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Dungons. Kind of rare natural structures that appear underground, small little rooms constantly having a hostile mob spawner inside of it, so approach with caution. You can find them by listening for an erie wind sound underground, and it is surrounded with mossey cobblestone. Well, that's how it is in the PC version, the X-box version may be different.
Actually, the wind sound means nothing-Cave Music can play due to a 1x1 space that has light level 6 or lower, I believe. And yes, Xbox dungeons should be the same as PC. ~Unit#phntk#1

Does anyone know a way to get a world height mod that is compatible with 1.4.5? Google has failed me on this one, and I really want to build, at the least, a 1:5 scale climbable imitation of Mt. Everest.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I don't think that modification's (that sounds so stilted...) been updated in forever. It kinda vanished off the mod-o-sphere a while back.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

...That is disappointing, and echoes what Google told me. Do you know if there's any particular reason why they stopped updating it?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The creators gave up on it I think. Simple laziness, life murdering them, the like.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

mrgghblurgl

Any chance of someone else taking up the mantle of allowing me to build 1,000-meter mountains?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I think I have enough Java experience to do it, but life is kinda killing me right now. Leaving for Arkansas tomorrow, then semester finals, then Christmas break that'll probably spent derping around with IRL friends... yeah.

The coding itself is a simple variable that can be adjusted with a few modifications though.

voidstars.png

1000 block high structures? Awesome. Why did I never see that modification before?As for saddles, you can find them as uncommon loot in chests in dungeons, abandoned mineshafts, strongholds and blacksmiths in villages.Dunno if the Xbox is as up to date as the PC version but you can ride and control pigs with saddles and carrots on sticks (fishing rod + carrot). Carrots are used to breed pigs and are found in villages or as rare drops from zombies.If its not as updated as the pc version, wheat is used to breed pigs.Also, one of the servers I visit, when an admin teleported me miles away all my animals despawned so he spawned some more, but he got a biiit carried away with the chickens... Its like an ocean...

Not sure if it affects build limits above 255, but in the server settings there's an option to set the maximum build height. The default is 256, but i don't know if setting that higher does anything. Worth a shot, though.

banner.jpg

As I'm not running a server and that option doesn't exist in singleplayer, it isn't very helpful. I suspect, though, that it probably can't be raised above 256 using that option,so... Yeah, a modification is necessary if I want to build proper mountains.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So it would appear that a revised version of the Allocator mod has been confirmed for 1.5, along with a new ore which will probably be Nether-specific. Linking minecarts and sunlight detectors may or may not also be included.

EDIT: I just noticed that it seems the old Limbo server has temporarily gone Tekkit. Not that anyone goes on there anymore....

Also, Chols has been banned from that server, for unknown reasons.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

And if a villager gets in front of a golem that's carelessly swinging its arms about?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Teamkill. In news of the death battle I decided to try out the carrot on a stick with a pig so I roamed the battlefield and poor Porkers got fried from a wither, Slimes have begun to take the front lines on the ground but the Dragon still flies free with no damage at all, even with six Withers after it.

I'm just ToaD

Has anyone tried the "Feed the Beast" modification pack? Coestar came back from his long, long absence and is playing it co-op with Avidya, and I was thinking about giving it a try (since Technic fries my framerate and Tekkit just moves too slow for me, plus neither of them are 1.4-compatible while I believe FTB is).

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

FTB is much more powerful then Tekkit. If Tekkit fries your framerate FTB will be worse.

Tekkit is actually roughly equal to vanilla Minecraft for me, it's Technic that lags badly. Is FTB worse than Technic, or is it between Technic and Tekkit?

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

1000 block high structures? Awesome. Why did I never see that modification before?As for saddles, you can find them as uncommon loot in chests in dungeons, abandoned mineshafts, strongholds and blacksmiths in villages.Dunno if the Xbox is as up to date as the PC version but you can ride and control pigs with saddles and carrots on sticks (fishing rod + carrot). Carrots are used to breed pigs and are found in villages or as rare drops from zombies.If its not as updated as the pc version, wheat is used to breed pigs.Also, one of the servers I visit, when an admin teleported me miles away all my animals despawned so he spawned some more, but he got a biiit carried away with the chickens... Its like an ocean...

Thanks for the update. There are no carrots on the 360, or at least not yet. I think they planned on updating again soon, though. And I am also unfamiliar with dungeons, although very familiar with strongholds and mineshafts. I am also unfamiliar with blacksmiths in villages...? I haven't been playing the game that long, so this is probably me just being ignorant. =P

FYI, the Xbox is updated to having sprinting capabilities, rotten flesh, food bar, et cetera. I am not sure what specific update this is, but that's what it has.

Also, regarding chickens: I've had it worse. A friend of mine and I were throwing eggs at each other, so we decided that we ought to build a huge pen and put some chickens in there (or at least I did, she continued to throw eggs at me). I now have maybe 50+ chickens in there, and they are continuously trying to escape and fly around, lol. I'm afraid to see the coagulation of eggs that have been hatched there by the chickens... o_o

And speaking of tall structures and whatnot, I ended building my own nightclub with an underground floor and a huge upper floor with glass walls and ceiling. I also have a dance floor made up of diamond blocks, lapis lazuli, and all forms of colored wool, including a disco ball above. So awesome. =D

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Xbox is at update 1.8.2, the equivalent of 1.8. for the PC.

Also, I would recommend trying to avoid quotes for now, at least until the staff fix the issues with them. It's hard to tell who said what.

I would imagine lag in Technic would come from the constant exchange of Vis and Taint between chunks. FTB does not have Thaumcraft, however it could have another mod that causes even more lag that Technic does not have.

Speaking of FTB, does anyone know if the original FTB(which was a skyblock-style map, but needed the FTB modpack) is still available?

On a completely unrelated note, Jeb recently tweeted a picture of netherbrick half slabs being crafted, and hinted at a possible Netherbrick crafting recipe.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

mrgghblurgl

Any chance of someone else taking up the mantle of allowing me to build 1,000-meter mountains?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try what Crafting Azeroth did - they used a Bukkit plugin that switched to a new world seamlessly without lag or loading a new world every time you went above world height.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's sorta what I thought of doing with the Aether, as falling down in the Aether puts you at layer 256 in the main world near your portal.

Edited by Srakii~Pktaaim

banner.jpg

Hello, guys. Not sure if you remember me? (IGN: 1adude)

I know I made a similar post a while back, but do we have a new server? The last one I was on was the one mushbuilder destroyed.

Oh, btw, if you still want to get back at him as much as I do, he's going to be on play.surge-craft.net:25565 for most of tonight and possibly the next several days.

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

So it turns out that, if you helpfully destroy all of the crystals (and then proceed to keep on the move so nothing can focus on you), it is quite possible for seven or eight Withers to kill the Dragon... they'll kill two or three of their own number in the process, because they fly after it in this big stupid clump, but they'll get the job done. It's also possible to use freshly-spawned Withers as bombs if you time it right.

EDIT: I haven't actually tried the whole 'run and keep out of the way thing,' because this silliness took place in Creative mode.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

YES! THAUMCRAFT 3 RELEASED TODAY!!!

...ahem. Sorry. Just a little excited. :blush:

I'll probably give it a week or two for all the major bugs to be ironed out before I give it a go.

Also, seeing as I almost never use RedPower and EE is kind of no fun, I think I'll be giving FtB a try. Yes, Forestry may try to kill my rig, but it just looks so fun!

So I'm currently working on building up a collection of culturally-themed village buildings. I've already got most of a set of Viking-themed buildings (Icelandic turf houses, a stave church, a sort of roundish turf house with a neat little fire pit in the center, complete with a hole in the roof to let the smoke out, a [not built yet] wooden longhouse, and probably a couple of other things). Suggestions for other cultures (preferably ones with interesting (and doable) architecture) are appreciated.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

YES! THAUMCRAFT 3 RELEASED TODAY!!!

...ahem. Sorry. Just a little excited. :blush:

I'll probably give it a week or two for all the major bugs to be ironed out before I give it a go.

Also, seeing as I almost never use RedPower and EE is kind of no fun, I think I'll be giving FtB a try. Yes, Forestry may try to kill my rig, but it just looks so fun!

I have / had / could still set up an FtB server. It crashed every 5 minutes and ran out of memory on a practically hourly basis, and barely anyone can stay on due to lag. And as far as I know, Forestry isn't laggy at all. ^^

iwRQGDg.jpg

So I'm currently working on building up a collection of culturally-themed village buildings. I've already got most of a set of Viking-themed buildings (Icelandic turf houses, a stave church, a sort of roundish turf house with a neat little fire pit in the center, complete with a hole in the roof to let the smoke out, a [not built yet] wooden longhouse, and probably a couple of other things). Suggestions for other cultures (preferably ones with interesting (and doable) architecture) are appreciated.

You HAVE to do some sort of Egyptian village, what with deserts and stuff. Maybe a Roman town? Or, if you want something exotic, maybe a Mongol settlement?

As I'm not running a server and that option doesn't exist in singleplayer, it isn't very helpful. I suspect, though, that it probably can't be raised above 256 using that option,so... Yeah, a modification is necessary if I want to build proper mountains.

Oh, I know you probably don't care about that anymore, but I've been thinking about it and I found something! http://www.xboxmb.com/forum/122-minecraft-pc/89198-dynamic-height-mod-256-2048-block-high-worlds.html The Dynamic Height mod (darn word filter). :)

Edited by MisterGryphon

iwRQGDg.jpg