The Official Minecraft Topic

Well, the squid can swim thing seems pretty cool.

really? all that changed is that they point up now. not super impressive compared to the other changes.
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Well, the squid can swim thing seems pretty cool.

really? all that changed is that they point up now. not super impressive compared to the other changes.
Oh. I thought it meant they could swim up. Which after I thought about it wouldn't be that good. So you mean that only the animation has changed?Well, it looks like most of this stuff I'd have to see in game. I've already seen the Dragon death animation, and while impressive, is something that won't effect me almost at all. The light changes sound great. If it is what I hope, then it is something that I really wanted. Once again, I haven't seen it yet though.And the rest is all bugfixes or things I don't really care about.Oh wait, one more thing. I will LOVE the changed fence hit boxes.Basically I remarked on the squid because that was the only thing I hadn't seen before.
banner.png

Sorry, but I'm a bit behind on this topic with regard to the servers, given the huge downtime, along with our laptop's sudden inability to play Minecraft. Could I have some sort of server guide?*looks back over topic to find that there is in fact no official server*Derp. Well, does anybody have some good server suggestions?

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

Cobui, there's a server called Strallo. It's a very good server. It has magic spells, chess, BattleShip, towns, an economy, skills (Such as mining, swords, excavation, etc), runes, and a lot of other things. It isn't online 24/7, but it's usually online seven days a week. The IP is 24.240.139.61:26540.-Cookieo

Edited by Cookieo

Credit to Cybotian and Dark709 for the sprite in my avatar. Credit to Cybotian for the background.

Ok then, I really want to get minecraft, but I'm having trouble with what I should get. Should I get 1.0 when it comes out, or buy 1.9 pre 5? And if I do get Pre 5, will it automatically be upgraded to 1.0 when it gets released? I am just wondering... I honestly want to buy this game.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Cobui, there's a server called Strallo. It's a very good server. It has magic spells, chess, BattleShip, towns, an economy, skills (Such as mining, swords, excavation, etc), runes, and a lot of other things. It isn't online 24/7, but it's usually online seven days a week. The IP is 24.240.139.61:26540.-Cookieo

Good to know. It is whitelisted or public?

fjRqLk4.jpg

Good to know. It is whitelisted or public?
It's public, but you the server host has to make you an official member before you can do much besides walk around and look at things. It's offline right now, by the way.-Cookieo

Credit to Cybotian and Dark709 for the sprite in my avatar. Credit to Cybotian for the background.

Ok then, I really want to get minecraft, but I'm having trouble with what I should get. Should I get 1.0 when it comes out, or buy 1.9 pre 5? And if I do get Pre 5, will it automatically be upgraded to 1.0 when it gets released? I am just wondering... I honestly want to buy this game.

If you buy Minecraft now you'l get version 1.8, which will auto update to the full version when it comes out.If you want 1.9 you'l have to update your game files manually.

My parents just told me I can't buy it now -_-I can get it for my birhtday, but wh I ask will have to act quickly...In the mean time, I'll download Classic. Does it still have Survival? I doubt it has multiplayer... but it has Survival and isn't insanely glitchy, right? I'll download it today.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Well, they want to buy it for a birthday present, but they said they won't buy it. But they did say I could ask for it from other people. And that asking will be tommorow. So, hopefully they'll buy it before the price goes up. I really cannot wait, I really wont to play survival and see how long I last.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Yeah, if you want it 25% off then you need to buy it before...November 17th, I think. You have a couple weeks until it goes up.One thing that I find funny about Minecraft is that there's something like 3.5 million people who have bought it. Therefore, that's something like 3.5 million beta testers. The average game might have a couple thousand beta testers if it's really popular, but 3.5 MILLION? XDI need to update to 1.9 pre 5, it looks pretty darn cool.

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

Yeah, if you want it 25% off then you need to buy it before...November 17th, I think. You have a couple weeks until it goes up.One thing that I find funny about Minecraft is that there's something like 3.5 million people who have bought it. Therefore, that's something like 3.5 million beta testers. The average game might have a couple thousand beta testers if it's really popular, but 3.5 MILLION? XDI need to update to 1.9 pre 5, it looks pretty darn cool.

As of today actually, at 8:27 central American time, it's 3.97 million. :P Meaning in two days Minecraft will hit the big four!

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

i used the hovering thing in pre5 to find a nether fortress. now i think i'm lost though...which is bad.

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Haven't gotten around to downloading prerelease 4. What's new in it? Dragons aren't ready yet, right?

No. However, it's said they might be added soon, and as such someone did a video of a giant dragon that took two months to build. However, they did add "Snow Golems" created by stacking two snow blocks and placing a pumpkin on top (or jack-o-lantern, don't think it matters.) These leave a trail of snow wherever they go (which can be collected,) and throw snowballs at enemies, meaning you can use them to lure mobs into death traps.edit: Wait, the end? As in, you can win the game?
no the end is the home world of enderman and enderdragon added in the latest prerelease the only way to spawn them(enderdragon) as far as i know is by blocking with a sword EDIT: ok i take that back the end is where u defeat the enderdragon and officially beat the game then there is a really long thing that is a must read but then after that and the credits you just respawn and continue playing and blocking w/ the sword to spawn the enderdragon is invalid now Edited by AARONTHEAWESOME

agstickfigures25.gif

What servers do you guys play on? I generally use mc.supremserver.com, though unfortunately, the sever has been dying every few minutes recently, and I can't get on. So I've been going on a VERY popular Vanilla Anarchy Server, called 2b2t.net. They're both epic.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

I've heard that Minecraft is coming out with an update or something soon, and the price will rise by 25%. About how long until that happens? I will be buying the game soon, I just would like to know the date so I can buy it before the price rise.Sev

This is happening on the eighteenth; Minecraft will be officially released and sold at 20 euros.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

i now have a pen with a sheep of every possible color. so awesome. and also super annoying to hear...

This topic so far

Vs.

All things considered, the release is coming out in eight days so just wait that long and then you can auto-update.

voidstars.png

So i decided to make myself a two story wooden house in my village that i colonized(I've been living in a regular house for my entire stay there)and i found that making Wooden houses is incredibly costly and inefficient, especially if you want to use ANY regular wood blocks. i've used up half my bone meal already, i'm seriously considering just giving up and making it out of cobblestone, it would be easier, cheaper, and safer(Slightly less damage from explosions, if a fire breaks out it won't spread).Also I've made quite a bit of progress dirting up the town(Basically just replacing sand with dirt, i'm doing this cause it'll lok nicer after i get the grass)and i've almost got grass into the town(A project i've been working on since i first started upgrading the place).also on a mining expedition yesterday i got like 140 Iron, i was happy.I'm still stuck in that ocean in my creative world.~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

So, I've been playing a map I found called Forever Alone. It's a lot like Skyblock; however, the land mass is much larger, there is a infinite water source readily available, and there is a cavern with ores and lava. I downloaded it about a month ago, and through medium to heavy playing; I now have two platforms 25 or more blocks away from spawn; one for monsters, and one for my house. I have a 9X9 two story cobble house, but I am currently expanding and converting to stone brick. I will continue to inform you on progress. I plan to expand to at least 20X45

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress

Woot-woot for Minecraft coming out this week.I feel so old now, having gotten it back in Alpha. It's hard to imagine how we've come so far.

voidstars.png

i saw an enderman who was kind of strange in some ways:

• [*]he would not get very angry when i would stare at him[*]he wouldnt burn under the sunlight[*]he wouldn't wander around on foot, he would jsut teleport around like a madman

is this the behavior of the new endermen?

They should still attack when looked at but the other two things are correct. Endermen no longer burn in sunlight.

Woot-woot for Minecraft coming out this week.I feel so old now, having gotten it back in Alpha. It's hard to imagine how we've come so far.

I know right? I bought it the day right before Beta came out. :PI'm stoked for the full release, and that unlike the Beta Testers, I get free updates to this game for life. Heehee. (Sorry to sorta brag.)

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Claimed a Nether Fortress as my Nether home.It's too big. Got lost at least once, then got back, brought signs, and labeled all the passages. Minecraft is coming out, yahoo, but I'm more stoked for SS.

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress