The Official Minecraft Topic

Huh. I'd have thought they'd updated by now. Although with Minecraft having loads of more technical, multiplayer elements being added, it must be tricky.

In 1.8, there's even going to be a primitive version of copying and pasting regions, like WorldEdit provides.

One thing I like about the copy/paste functions is that if you want a destructible environment, you can copy it somewhere else out of sight, and paste the copy over the original whenever you want to reset it.

Or you can have a series of copies, since a structure thats large enough would be rather painful to process.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

• 2 weeks later...

All glory to our new villager overlords.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, um, has Burns server updated or...?

Or, if hes restarting the map, can he put out the map file?

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

It would be nice if he updated, want to confirm that Burn?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Getting FTB to work is really frustrating!!! There's always something that's unstable or making everything crash!

The FTB forums are usually a reliable place to get help; however, we do a LOT of testing before we release packs, so unless you've added or changed mods in the pack, it should run fine. Unless you're using FTB Unstable for 1.7...?

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

It's like I'm only properly seeing the world for the first time.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/EvilGuy/Minecraft/2014-05-26_10.30.13.png
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/EvilGuy/Minecraft/2014-05-26_10.41.55.png

And yet somehow, there is something vaguely unreal and stilted about it...

Edit: Please link to images over 500 kB in file size!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

~ CHTrilogy

Getting FTB to work is really frustrating!!! There's always something that's unstable or making everything crash!

The FTB forums are usually a reliable place to get help; however, we do a LOT of testing before we release packs, so unless you've added or changed mods in the pack, it should run fine. Unless you're using FTB Unstable for 1.7...?

"We?"

banner.jpg

"We?"

I remember he mentioned becoming a mod on the forums a few months back; maybe he's become a beta tester.

~Unit#phntk#1

After playing a new survival map for the first time in a long time in vanilla...I'm rather disappointed in the terrain generation. Several thousand blocks and nothing but forest, mountain, plains, forest, forest, plains, mountains, forest, forest...

Please tell me I just got unlucky and the terrain varies a little more often than that.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Well when I first got minecraft my first world was a snowy one with loads of hills and at least 7 ravine within 1000 blocks. I also had a chicken pen in the first ravine that was filled to the brim with chickens. :D

Also, I once had one of those snowy forest ones with Extreme Hills next to it. Needless to say, I found many diamonds on my birthday, and a few emeralds. And there was a mineshaft. :D

EDIT: For my first world ever, I can't seem to find the save file. D: I hope I can find it, I hope..

EDIT: I FOUND IT!! OH MY GOD!! I FORGET IT WAS CALLED BLAH BLAH BLAH. OH MY GOD. OH.MY.GOD. ARGHHH. TIME TO SCREEN SHOT THE CHICKEN PEN.

Edited by Timelady Gallade

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

• 2 weeks later...

After playing a new survival map for the first time in a long time in vanilla...I'm rather disappointed in the terrain generation. Several thousand blocks and nothing but forest, mountain, plains, forest, forest, plains, mountains, forest, forest...

Please tell me I just got unlucky and the terrain varies a little more often than that.

By the way, this is mainly due to the terrain updates in 1.7 making biomes generate next to biomes of similar "temperature" and "humidity." This leads to more realistic terrain transitions, but it has the problem of making different biomes harder to find. And jungles are almost impossible to find now (not that I'm complaining... remember starting up a new world and landing in yet another jungle? gawd).

banner.jpg

By the way, this is mainly due to the terrain updates in 1.7 making biomes generate next to biomes of similar "temperature" and "humidity." This leads to more realistic terrain transitions, but it has the problem of making different biomes harder to find. And jungles are almost impossible to find now (not that I'm complaining... remember starting up a new world and landing in yet another jungle? gawd).

I've found one jungle in all of 1.7

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

Well, I just got a new computer, and it seems like it can handle a lot, so I'm starting a Minecraft hamachi server. It's going to be a creative server, and once summer comes (in a week) I can keep it up for a long time. It's been a while since I last visited this topic, so some of you probably don't know me, but some of you might. Either way, PM me if you want to be in the server.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Hamachi is what I use to host/connect to servers. Its a free download, just look it up and you will find it. Get the "unmanaged" version, then open it, click network; new network, and that is where you put in the id and password. The ip address should also show up there, and that's what you put into minecraft.

Also, my school is doing finals this week, so one more week of school for me.

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

• 4 weeks later...

So did we learn anything on the status of Burn's server?

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

nope.

im thinking of starting one but it probably wont happen. :/

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

• 4 weeks later...

Having decided that I can do entirely without the enormous strain that running full FTB puts on a computer, I'm going to pick a pack, scoop everything out, and put Millenaire in.

Because Millenaire is the only mod I need, really.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Millenaire adds the Alchemist's Explosive.

It can break bedrock, I'm pretty sure it can blow some Byzantines sky-high.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...