The Official Minecraft Topic

I must have missed that edit. I don't think I'll go with that one, actually.

Thanks, that would be great. Anyone else want top help test it?

Anyway, I found an example permissions.yml for PermissionsEX.

groups:

Default:
default: true
permissions:
- essentials.spawn
- essentials.rules
- essentials.motd
- essentials.list
- essentials.helpop
- essentials.help
- modifyworld.*
prefix: '&e'
options:
build: false
Builder:
permissions:
- essentials.afk
- essentials.back
- essentials.back.ondeath
- essentials.balance
- essentials.balance.others
- essentials.balancetop
- essentials.chat.color
- essentials.chat.shout
- essentials.chat.question
- essentials.compass
- essentials.depth
- essentials.home
- essentials.ignore
- essentials.kit
- essentials.kits.tools
- essentials.mail
- essentials.mail.send
- essentials.me
- essentials.msg
- essentials.nick
- essentials.pay
- essentials.ping
- essentials.powertool
- essentials.protect
- essentials.sethome
- essentials.signs.use.*
- essentials.signs.create.disposal
- essentials.signs.create.mail
- essentials.signs.create.protection
- essentials.signs.create.trade
- essentials.signs.break.disposal
- essentials.signs.break.mail
- essentials.signs.break.protection
- essentials.signs.break.trade
- essentials.suicide
- essentials.time
- essentials.tpa
- essentials.tpaccept
- essentials.tpahere
- essentials.tpdeny
- essentials.warp
- essentials.warp.list
- essentials.worth
inheritance:
prefix: '&2'
options:
build: true
Moderator:
permissions:
- essentials.ban
- essentials.ban.notify
- essentials.banip
- essentials.broadcast
- essentials.clearinventory
- essentials.delwarp
- essentials.eco.loan
- essentials.ext
- essentials.getpos
- essentials.helpop.recieve
- essentials.home.others
- essentials.invsee
- essentials.jails
- essentials.jump
- essentials.kick
- essentials.kick.notify
- essentials.kill
- essentials.mute
- essentials.nick.others
- essentials.realname
- essentials.setwarp
- essentials.signs.create.*
- essentials.signs.break.*
- essentials.spawner
- essentials.thunder
- essentials.time
- essentials.time.set
- essentials.protect.alerts
- essentials.protect.admin
- essentials.protect.ownerinfo
- essentials.ptime
- essentials.ptime.others
- essentials.togglejail
- essentials.top
- essentials.tp
- essentials.tphere
- essentials.tppos
- essentials.tptoggle
- essentials.unban
- essentials.unbanip
- essentials.weather
- essentials.whois
- essentials.world
- essentials.worlds.*
- permissions.user.promote.default
- permissions.user.demote.default
- permissions.manage.membership
inheritance:
- builder
prefix: '&5'
options:
Admin:
permissions:
- -essentials.backup
- -essentials.essentials
- -essentials.setspawn
- -essentials.reloadall
- essentials.*
- permissions.manage.users
- permissions.manage.users.permissions
- permissions.manage.users.permissions.timed
inheritance:
prefix: '&c'
options:
Owner:
permissions:
- '*'
inheritance:
- admin
prefix: '&4'
options:

Will this work? Should I maybe set builder to be the default?
- :burnmad:
Edit: Also, WorldEdit says to give worldedit.* to everyone. Wouldn't that allow anyone to change the world in any way they want?
Edit#2: Oh, lol, it says give worldedit.* for all. I thought it said to all. Don't worry, I wasn't going to. =P Looking at it, I can't see any permissions anyone but an admin would need, so should I give WE permissions just to admins?
Edit#3: As for LogBlock, I assume I just give everyone logblock.lookup and logblock.me, and admins logblock.*?
Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Give them logblock.tool as well.

Also, most Essentials permissions can be changed in the Essentials config file. But other than that, that looks fine. And yeah, set builder to default.

This is all a little tighter than what I'm used to (I like my ), but I'll live :P.

banner.jpg

Uhh... I just looked at the Essentials config, and I think my head exploded, then spontaneously regenerated.

Any important ones that I should make sure to switch from default? 'Cause I'm not looking through that whole thing.

Mmh. Lag be buggered, I fully intend to take up cartography again when this server is up. I would like to request, also, that we wait until some mapping has been done before we start building Koros.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Also, will all the other permissions go in the main permissions.yml? Or will permissions related to plugins go in their plugin's folders? Or will PEX add a permissions.yml?

Edit: Forgot to mention earlier, LogBlock wants MySQL too.

Mmh. Lag be buggered, I fully intend to take up cartography again when this server is up. I would like to request, also, that we wait until some mapping has been done before we start building Koros.

I will second this notion. It would be good to wait a little while before creating Koros willy-nilly. =P

Uhh... I just looked at the Essentials config, and I think my head exploded, then spontaneously regenerated.

Any important ones that I should make sure to switch from default? 'Cause I'm not looking through that whole thing.

Hmm...PM me the contents of your current log file, I'll take a look and see what they all do and try to get back to you either sometime this evening before I go to bed or else first thing in the morning. At the very least, I can add comment lines that won't affect the coding at all, but will explain for you what each option does. ;)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Well, it's just that when I said HawkEye wanted it, you said get LogBlock. =P

But yeah, I'll get it. I need to know exactly what to get, though. The installer allows you to get a bunch of different stuff.

If you need help testing the server; I'd be up for it; I could help maybe set up a spawn village if we go that route, as well.Also, could you please let me set up the first zombie grinder, whenever one's discovered? I have a design I've seen, that seems rather useful, but every time I try to set it up, someone else goes 'oh hey, I think this is a good idea', and does that instead. =P

Pah, farms are the mark of the Neolithic lifestyle. Dibs on the first fortified city-state.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I call dibs on the first faraway continent we find.

I must have a new Gondwana... or a mushroom biome. Either one works. I just need to have somewhere far away to do stuff on.

That I don't have to keep as /sethome because some certain admin whom I shall not mention never made a warp...

Oh well. Even if I don't get a Gondwana, I'll still try to build something far away. Somewhere.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I must have a new Gondwana... or a mushroom biome. Either one works. I just need to have somewhere far away to do stuff on.

That I don't have to keep as /sethome because some certain admin whom I shall not mention never made a warp...

Oh well. Even if I don't get a Gondwana, I'll still try to build something far away. Somewhere.

I would prefer if we didn't start the nonsense with people claiming large tracts of land that they're unlikely to ever do anything with. Having an important structure and the area around it reserved so people don't put out-of-place things in the area is fine. Landing on a shore and claiming it in the name of Spain is just silly.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm SO sorry I can't get online, guys, my Minecraft computer caught some kind of virus and it's completely unuseable. :/

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

If you think someones on yer turf just do what I did, moan and passive aggressively build a beach.

However it probably is best if we avoid claiming large stretches of land, at least without fencing it off anyway. That way we can keep everyone close by as a community.

If you think someones on yer turf just do what I did, moan and passive aggressively build a beach.

However it probably is best if we avoid claiming large stretches of land, at least without fencing it off anyway. That way we can keep everyone close by as a community.

Hahahahaha.

Nope, not doing that. It's really hard to build Thangorodrim when someone insists on you living down at the end of their road.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

If I can't build a secret mountain chamber I'm out.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Doing a limited time thing in an online game, but I'll try and pop in at some point if possible :)

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I'm up and awake and ready for such a server test.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I'll be awaiting it with eager anticipation and bug testing.

voidstars.png

I'll be sure to try to invite you into the group PM. It's pretty good from what I've seen so far; I even convinced Burnmad to install Timber!, which means me and you can clear forests rapidly. It's currently offline though, for reasons unknown to me.

voidstars.png

Burnmad had to leave; so he shut the server down while he was out, I guess. I'm not entirely certain on the details of it being shut down, myself. ^^'We had some issues placing beds, though, just to mention.

Mmh. Tree-clearage could certainly be useful. I have an idea for a fortified city that will require significant amounts of oak and spruce, but no advanced materials. Kind of a medieval-style thing, really.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Also, from what I understand, this will be a mostly-survival server, with creative rights and item spawning only being used occasionally for really big projects, and with careful moderation.

voidstars.png

That's alright with me. I have more fun building big things when I have to gather the materials (though, again, you might want to give me Endstone when I get around to certain things, as I doubt you want the End to become pure void with occasional islands of obsidian). Creative is mainly for checking out ideas.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So apparently Quartz is going to be just the best thing ever. I'm kind of wondering how my texture pack is going to choose to display it - probably, they're going to go with the 'make it look like real quartz' route, which will make for some interesting choices down the line.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom