• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official Minecraft Topic

Discuss the blocky game here!

• Please log in to reply
3760 replies to this topic

#2881 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 01:47 PM

[color=#ff0000;]Alright.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]I have it set to notify me upon one's acquisition and use of flint and steel, TNT and lava buckets.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Also, I got a word filter. If, when we begin playing on the server, it happens to censor a non-swear word because of similarity to a swear word, notify me so I can add it to the white list.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Also also, I still have no idea how permission nodes work. Although I'm not even sure if I can use them without a plugin. If not, we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]- :burnmad:[/color]

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons, Jan 24 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#2882 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 57 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 01:54 PM

If the plugins come with config files, I may be able to help set them up.  (Particularly for that magic plugin I mentioned, I'd be more than happy to help get that set up in a reasonable manner.)

Speaking of the server, if you need help testing, I'm pretty much free on Friday (US time), PM me a time window and I'll try to hop on and help you work things out. ;)

Edited by Flipz, Jan 24 2013 - 01:55 PM.

BZRPG Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#2883 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 02:16 PM

[color=#ff0000;]I must have missed that edit. I don't think I'll go with that one, actually.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Thanks, that would be great. Anyone else want top help test it?[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Anyway, I found an example permissions.yml for PermissionsEX.[/color]

Spoiler

[color=#ff0000;]Will this work? Should I maybe set builder to be the default?[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Edit: Also, WorldEdit says to give worldedit.* to everyone. Wouldn't that allow anyone to change the world in any way they want?[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Edit#2: Oh, lol, it says give worldedit.* for all. I thought it said to all. Don't worry, I wasn't going to. =P Looking at it, I can't see any permissions anyone but an admin would need, so should I give WE permissions just to admins?[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Edit#3: As for LogBlock, I assume I just give everyone logblock.lookup and logblock.me, and admins logblock.*?[/color]

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons, Jan 24 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#2884 Offline PowerMiner

PowerMiner
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,111 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hey guys, I got Minecraft last month, been messing with it, played on a server, so I'm a little experienced. You guys mind if I join your server?

I don't grief, either. 

#2885 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 02:48 PM

[color=#ff0000;]It's not ready yet, but when it's done it will be for any BZPer that wants to join, so yes.[/color]

#2886 Offline Five O'Clock P~M

Five O'Clock P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 468 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 04:15 PM

Give them logblock.tool as well.

Also, most Essentials permissions can be changed in the Essentials config file. But other than that, that looks fine. And yeah, set builder to default.

This is all a little tighter than what I'm used to (I like my ###### ###### ######), but I'll live :P.

"Your lives that I spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!

3DS FC:   5412 - 9945 - 2378

steam_sig.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#2887 Offline Tagolrip

Tagolrip
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Armored Protector

• 306 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 04:18 PM

I like my pound symbols too, but I don't flaunt them around. D=<

In seriousness though, this is really exciting me. Oh, the feels from when we carved Onu-Koro out by hand. :3

#2888 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 04:24 PM

[color=#ff0000;]Uhh... I just looked at the Essentials config, and I think my head exploded, then spontaneously regenerated.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Any important ones that I should make sure to switch from default? 'Cause I'm not looking through that whole thing.[/color]

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons, Jan 24 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#2889 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 04:30 PM

Mmh. Lag be buggered, I fully intend to take up cartography again when this server is up. I would like to request, also, that we wait until some mapping has been done before we start building Koros.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#2890 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 04:35 PM

[color=#ff0000;]Also, will all the other permissions go in the main permissions.yml? Or will permissions related to plugins go in their plugin's folders? Or will PEX add a permissions.yml?[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Edit: Forgot to mention earlier, LogBlock wants MySQL too.[/color]

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons, Jan 24 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#2891 Offline Tagolrip

Tagolrip
  • Premier Member
  • Armored Protector

• 306 posts

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 04:42 PM

Mmh. Lag be buggered, I fully intend to take up cartography again when this server is up. I would like to request, also, that we wait until some mapping has been done before we start building Koros.

I will second this notion. It would be good to wait a little while before creating Koros willy-nilly. =P

#2892 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 57 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 04:50 PM

[color=rgb(255,0,0);]Uhh... I just looked at the Essentials config, and I think my head exploded, then spontaneously regenerated.[/color]

[color=rgb(255,0,0);]Any important ones that I should make sure to switch from default? 'Cause I'm not looking through that whole thing.[/color]

[color=rgb(255,0,0);]- :burnmad:[/color]

Hmm...PM me the contents of your current log file, I'll take a look and see what they all do and try to get back to you either sometime this evening before I go to bed or else first thing in the morning.  At the very least, I can add comment lines that won't affect the coding at all, but will explain for you what each option does. ;)

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#2893 Offline Five O'Clock P~M

Five O'Clock P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 468 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 04:50 PM

If it wants it, get it.

"Your lives that I spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!

steam_sig.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#2894 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 05:05 PM

[color=#ff0000;]Well, it's just that when I said HawkEye wanted it, you said get LogBlock. =P[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]But yeah, I'll get it. I need to know exactly what to get, though. The installer allows you to get a bunch of different stuff.[/color]

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons, Jan 24 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#2895 Offline Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 11:53 PM

If you need help testing the server; I'd be up for it; I could help maybe set up a spawn village if we go that route, as well.Also, could you please let me set up the first zombie grinder, whenever one's discovered? I have a design I've seen, that seems rather useful, but every time I try to set it up, someone else goes 'oh hey, I think this is a good idea', and does that instead. =P

#2896 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 10:49 AM

[color=#ff0000;]Sure.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Hey guys, I still don't know what MySQL program to get.[/color]

#2897 Offline Five O'Clock P~M

Five O'Clock P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 468 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 12:07 PM

Dibs on the Enderman farm.

I don't know anything about MySQL. What options are there?

steam_sig.png

#2898 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 12:26 PM

Pah, farms are the mark of the Neolithic lifestyle. Dibs on the first fortified city-state.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

#2899 Online Ehksidian

Ehksidian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,592 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 04:11 PM

I call dibs on the first faraway continent we find.

I must have a new Gondwana... or a mushroom biome. Either one works. I just need to have somewhere far away to do stuff on.

That I don't have to keep as /sethome because some certain admin whom I shall not mention never made a warp...

Oh well. Even if I don't get a Gondwana, I'll still try to build something far away. Somewhere.

bzpbanner3.jpg

I used to be 'The X'. Now I'm not.

XBL gamertag: XXaron

BZPRPG characters: Okajo, Xaron/'Stupid slug', Zarok, Kewa, Zolarn, Crasaro, Misanoi, Vanika

#2900 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 04:36 PM

I must have a new Gondwana... or a mushroom biome. Either one works. I just need to have somewhere far away to do stuff on.

That I don't have to keep as /sethome because some certain admin whom I shall not mention never made a warp...

Oh well. Even if I don't get a Gondwana, I'll still try to build something far away. Somewhere.

I would prefer if we didn't start the nonsense with people claiming large tracts of land that they're unlikely to ever do anything with. Having an important structure and the area around it reserved so people don't put out-of-place things in the area is fine. Landing on a shore and claiming it in the name of Spain is just silly.

#2901 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 57 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm SO sorry I can't get online, guys, my Minecraft computer caught some kind of virus and it's completely unuseable. :/

#2902 Offline The Invisible Noob

The Invisible Noob
  • Members

• 959 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 05:30 PM

If you think someones on yer turf just do what I did, moan and passive aggressively build a beach.

However it probably is best if we avoid claiming large stretches of land, at least without fencing it off anyway. That way we can keep everyone close by as a community.

#2903 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 05:33 PM

If you think someones on yer turf just do what I did, moan and passive aggressively build a beach.

However it probably is best if we avoid claiming large stretches of land, at least without fencing it off anyway. That way we can keep everyone close by as a community.

Hahahahaha.

Nope, not doing that. It's really hard to build Thangorodrim when someone insists on you living down at the end of their road.

#2904 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 10:33 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]If I can't build a secret mountain chamber I'm out.[/font]

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#2905 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 12:07 AM

[color=#ff0000;]You can build two secret mountain chambers. :)[/color]

#2906 Offline The Lonesome Wanderer

The Lonesome Wanderer
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 692 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 08:50 AM

We must biuld another one of P~M's lightrefractors. Those were awesome

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

#2907 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 10:22 AM

[color=#ff0000;]We can test the server any time today. Who wants to?[/color]

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons, Jan 26 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#2908 Offline Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 10:40 AM

I'm up for it still; you had good timing: I just got online. =P Side note; if I act weirder than normal, that might be because I'm getting drowsy; don't mind me. =P

#2909 Offline Artezza Trigger

Artezza Trigger
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 415 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 10:43 AM

Doing a limited time thing in an online game, but I'll try and pop in at some point if possible :)

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

#2910 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 10:49 AM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]I'm up and awake and ready for such a server test.[/font]

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#2911 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 11:00 AM

[color=#ff0000;]Alright. I'm playing Mass Effect at the moment, I'll PM the IP in a few minutes.[/color]

#2912 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 11:03 AM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]I'll be awaiting it with eager anticipation and bug testing.[/font]

voidstars.png

#2913 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 05:15 PM

I will, of course, be wanting to pop into the server at some point as well.

#2914 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 06:05 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]I'll be sure to try to invite you into the group PM. It's pretty good from what I've seen so far; I even convinced Burnmad to install Timber!, which means me and you can clear forests rapidly. It's currently offline though, for reasons unknown to me.[/font]

voidstars.png

#2915 Offline Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 06:18 PM

Burnmad had to leave; so he shut the server down while he was out, I guess. I'm not entirely certain on the details of it being shut down, myself. ^^'We had some issues placing beds, though, just to mention.

#2916 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 06:55 PM

Mmh. Tree-clearage could certainly be useful. I have an idea for a fortified city that will require significant amounts of oak and spruce, but no advanced materials. Kind of a medieval-style thing, really.

#2917 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 06:58 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Also, from what I understand, this will be a mostly-survival server, with creative rights and item spawning only being used occasionally for really big projects, and with careful moderation.[/font]

voidstars.png

#2918 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 07:14 PM

That's alright with me. I have more fun building big things when I have to gather the materials (though, again, you might want to give me Endstone when I get around to certain things, as I doubt you want the End to become pure void with occasional islands of obsidian). Creative is mainly for checking out ideas.

#2919 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,420 posts

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 11:24 AM

[color=#008080;]So I hear a new server appears to be going up... very interesting. I might be interested.[/color]

[color=#008080;]Although I haven't played Minecraft since November, and I haven't played actual survival since September....[/color]

[color=#008080;]-ibrow[/color]

7_army_update.jpg

#2920 Offline Five O'Clock P~M

Five O'Clock P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 468 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 10:00 PM

Define "P~M's light refractor."

Add me to the group pm please.

steam_sig.png

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)