The Official Minecraft Topic

Hey, I got my computer back! Mind letting me in on the group PM?

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

So apparently Quartz is going to be just the best thing ever. I'm kind of wondering how my texture pack is going to choose to display it - probably, they're going to go with the 'make it look like real quartz' route, which will make for some interesting choices down the line.
Yeah; Quartz sounds like it'll be awesome. Out of curiosity, what texture pack do you use? It might've already been updated with the current 1.5 stuff, since there's a 1.5 texture pack converter out there, apparently.

I use LB Photorealism, which is usually quite good about updating, although it didn't update at all between 1.2.5 and 1.4.5.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Quartz is indeed a new block, which is used for stairs or slabs or so. You get it by mining Nether Quartz Ore in the Nether, and then smelting it, IIRC. It's coming in the Redstone Update, 1.5.As for Command Blocks, they're already out, but I think they're Multiplayer only for now; and allow different things, like teleporting to different places, or opening doors. Basically, they're a block which can use pre-set(By you, of course) commands.

The server is still in the Beta phase, so a small group of people are testing it at the moment. Once we're sure it's ready for everyone to use, I'm sure it will be made fully public to BZP members.

When that happens, remember that this server isn't really meant for large groups of people being on all at once, so don't invite too many people, and, preferably, don't invite non-BZPers.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Blaaaaaaaargh.

The bonemeal nerf is going to be SO ANNOYING. >_<

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Blaaaaaaaargh.

I'ts not that bad, though I do wonder why bonemeal even needed nerfing in the first place.

You realize that one piece of bread costs 21 bomemeal now, right? :hmpf_bad:

Blaaaaaaaargh. The bonemeal nerf is going to be SO ANNOYING. >_<

I'ts not that bad, though I do wonder why bonemeal even needed nerfing in the first place.

It's been said that they still need to balance it... That could be fixed.But yes, it is incredibly ridiculous how much you need for bread and how little for everything else still.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Blaaaaaaaargh.

Or none if you just wait, which is what I almost always do. Setting up a farm isn't that hard, although I do admit that you could need bonemeal early on to make a few loaves of bread to sustain you until the next harvest.

Actually considering that It makes even less sense gameplay wise to nerf bonemeal because you'd need it early on.

Blaaaaaaaargh.

Or none if you just wait, which is what I almost always do. Setting up a farm isn't that hard, although I do admit that you could need bonemeal early on to make a few loaves of bread to sustain you until the next harvest.

Actually considering that It makes even less sense gameplay wise to nerf bonemeal because you'd need it early on.

Yeah, that's basically the only time I ever use bonemeal, is early on when I'm starving to death. It was balanced already, no need to nerf it at all. :sceptic:

Well that's stupid. If they wanted to nerf it, they could have made one bone give somewhat less meal.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Flipz, do you just like making up emoticons, or are emoticons broken?

I'm commonly on another LEGO forum that uses this software; I use their emoticon codes by instinct. :blush:

Uhhhh... no? I never built anything like that...

Is this on my server or Nav's?

--------------------------------------

Guess what, guys? Server's up. Sorry Burnmad. :(

IP is 74.4.253.188:25565. If you're not whitelisted, let me know.

Edited by Srakii~Pktaaim

banner.jpg

I'm pretty busy in Burnmad's server, but I'll pop into yours sometime.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I'll put it up again tomorrow sometime. Hopefully.

The new snapshots look very neat. I can't wait for the 1.5 release.

The big thing I look forward to in 1.5 is the ability to point dispensers upward and shoot fire out of them with flint & steel. Because SethBling posted an awesome video showing a Back to the Future-style minecart station utilizing that functionality. :P

The big thing I look forward to in 1.5 is the ability to point dispensers upward and shoot fire out of them with flint & steel. Because SethBling posted an awesome video showing a Back to the Future-style minecart station utilizing that functionality. :P

Now we can kill things without getting lava everywhere!

banner.jpg

Now we can kill things without getting lava everywhere!

Pfft, who needs fire when you can shoot TNT out of dispensers?

That's what I'm looking forward to... auto-refill TNT cannons will be much easier to make

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1315/20130202214816.pnghttp://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7013/20130202214910.pngSo...the Nether turns to water when I don't have mcpatcher installed. Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Please excuse me if I sound like a cool dude (That word is still censored to cool dude, isn't it?) but is this server modded, and would it be possible for me to join it and be put on the whitelist?

My Minecraft name is C_Helios.

Though I do not come here often, I would like a server where I can trust the people who I am sharing the world with.

Do you believe in magic?

Guys I bought the game, I upgraded my 32 bit java to 64 bit, I got a texture pack, know I want to play multiplayer. And yes, the full game works for me. I also found about 23 diamonds in a few hours.

Edited by helryx280

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Quick question for those who know; how can you force Java to launch Minecraft at a certain resolution? Trying to get the FTB launcher to launch the game at a normal size before auto-maximizing it; but either it doesn't work, or the thing resets itself every time I close it. =P

It would be very nice if there were some way we could power a door mechanism with the life force of a hostile mob, so that a door does not open until after the mob has been killed.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It's vanilla minecraft, but it uses Bukkit.

I'll add you to the whitelist, but you'll have to come on here in order to know when the server will be up, as it's not a 24/7 thing.

Just a 'lil question, what sort of plugins are you currently using?

Also, I'd recommend using pTweaks and Spigot together instead of just the usual noLagg, since noLagg and Spigot don't work too well together in many ways, and an actual optimalization of CraftBukkit at its core, like Spigot is, usually offers greater performance gain than just a plugin: it's loaded before all plugins (since it's the thing said plugins hook into), and has a higher priority.

Personally I've experienced a significant increase in free RAM when using pTweaks and Spigot compared to noLagg, gives you around 5% extra.

Still doesn't make WorldEdit run fine though, but WE is coded in a kinda retarded manner, trying to push all block updates at once, instead of LogBlock which schedules them so the server can actually catch up and, you know.... not crash.

iquXD5X.png

Funny story about WorldEdit, actually; Burnmad was using it to try and fix a crater, and instead turned everything in the crater zone to cobble. =P It was repairable in the long run(Amazingly), but it was still humourous to see cobble sugarcane. =P