The Official Minecraft Topic

Jeb said 1.5.1 would be published Thursday, though its already available in pre-release form, so modders have a chance to catch up.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I don't suppose there's been any word from the Bukkit team on when they'll be updating to 1.5.1?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I don't suppose there's been any word from the Bukkit team on when they'll be updating to 1.5.1?

Oh no... that means some of us can't play because Bukkit will be outdated. :'(

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Seeing has how bukkit updated within a week of 1.5 being released, I'd think it'd be fairly quick for 1.5.1.

Let us hope for the best. I really want to go and make more potions... and explore that nether fortress I found by accident. (Any chance I can own it? :P)

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

You know what I hate?

1.5 Skeletons.

They are the stupidest ever. I had full iron armor with protection II, and one skeleton killed me. I ran out of arrows, and you can't melee them anymore at all. Stupid arrow spam. Lost everything, including the, you know, 20 diamonds I had on me. And there is no more in this map at all. Rrrrrrr

You know what I hate?

1.5 Skeletons.

They are the stupidest ever. I had full iron armor with protection II, and one skeleton killed me. I ran out of arrows, and you can't melee them anymore at all. Stupid arrow spam. Lost everything, including the, you know, 20 diamonds I had on me. And there is no more in this map at all. Rrrrrrr

Wat. You guys got all of the diamond?! Aw man. Alright, we'll far and wide for those gems. Also, not to brag or anything, on my singleplayer world, I had enough diamonds to make 7 pieces of armor (I didn't make a extra pair of leggings! :P) a pickaxe, a sword AND an axe! :P All in a few days too! So, why not organize a diamond hunt when the server updates?!

(so much textese. im sorry) (not)

EDIT: You guys think you creative is the best? Well let me show you my minecraft castle in survival! :P

Linky:

http://furno5943.imgur.com/

And yes, that is a whole album there. :3

Edited by helryx280

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Erm, I think Portalfig meant his single player world or so; because unless something changed in the last few days, it's still 1.4.7 on the server. =P And there should still be many diamonds... Considering we probably haven't even searched all our generated chunks. =P

Hey Blade, I discovered a nether fortress right next to the portal. Its near the soul sand, and its underground. :D Also, when will the server update?! I really want to explore that fortress. Also, do 1.5 servers work with 1.5.1? I hope so... because then you won't need to update. This thread also needs to be more active. Also, do you guys like my castle I'm making in SSP?

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Huh, that's kinda surprising actually. =O As far as when the server will update, it'll be whenever Bukkit does; so hope it updates soon. =P Also, we'll need to update anyway, since, well, 1.5.1 is the bugfix version; best to use the best version available. =PHaven't looked at it yet; to be honest; since I don't really have as much time right now, and I'm trying to fix a problem in another thing. ^^'

EDIT: You guys think you creative is the best? Well let me show you my minecraft castle in survival! :P

Linky:

http://furno5943.imgur.com/

And yes, that is a whole album there. :3

Now that you mention castles I figure I want the new to me people to see mine. Note I am remaking this in my Single player world and its nearing the half way point.

I'm just ToaD

I see that you kept the wall and tower designs that were used on the version built on Nav's server.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

When are you going to update the server Burnmad?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

The server will be updated when there is a stable (Recommended Build) Bukkit 1.5.1, and no sooner. An announcement will be made in this topic when the server has been updated. Stop asking.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

What's the IP for Nav's server?

EDIT: We might need some world download links when me and Sirius finish our castles. :3 Also, can someone make a world download of burnmad's server, because I really want to explore it and stuff.

Edited by helryx280

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

No one here has any idea, because we all left Nav's server a long time ago, due to problems with the admins, their bias against BZP members, and their tendency to allow their friends to do whatever they wanted without consequence.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

When Burnmad's server updates, we should make a jaffa cake and cookie factory! Using dispensers and droppers and hoppers and all that fancy new stuff that I mostly understand! (I don't understand comparators yet. :P) ...Or another fish-slapping contest. :P

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

To be honest, I don't see the point of cake or cookies when we've got enough potatoes to:

1. Use as raw material to build a time machine (circuitry not included).

2. Power a time machine for a trip back to Ireland, 1845.

3. Use the leftover potatoes to end the Irish Potato Famine.

4. Make a rope out of potato skins and strangle Hitler.

4a. If you eat too many of the potatoes yourself, you could, instead of traveling to the 1930s and then back home, leave a prophecy about the rope on a piece of paper (made from potatoes), encouraging someone else to strangle Hitler with your potato rope.

5. Handle the server's food needs for basically forever.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Because over-engineering Ymper, over-engineering!

Sure we have a potato farm, but it's not as stylish as setting up several automatic wheat, chicken and milk farms together, into one factory.

However I freely admit that the whole thing will fall apart because there is no automatic crafting table to make the cakes, but that's part of the fun.

Actually, now that I think of it, we might as well see if we can automatic farm everything now that we have hoppers.

Try this seed guys:

pollinating sandboxes

What is so special about it you may ask? If you type /seed its number is 0. And 0 in the genatorer means a random seed. I just broke minecraft. :P

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Main problem would be replanting everything. Also hoppers would be hard to use for wheat/melon/pumpkin farms.

~Unit#phntk#1

Correct me if I'm wrong but hoppers suck up any item that falls on top of them right?

Because if so then all we have to do is use water to carry the crops off with a hopper at the end of the flow to pick everything up.

Gonna do a few experiments but I think replanting really is the biggest issue here ... can dispensers plant seeds?

edit= no they cant.

edit2=everything else is pretty easy though, built and tested a wheat, pumpkin and cocoa farms within a few minutes. Hoppers really do make it easier.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

There's also the fact that making the farms automatic would kind of deprive us of Herbalism experience.

Besides, I've never seen anything of that sort that looked good. It's all clunky, blocky messes.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

... When Burnmad's server updates, can we have a group shot of everyone who plays regularly? Like a screenshot? I would love that. ^.^

Also, if you do c( in minecraft it looks a bit like a penguin. :P

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Try this seed guys:pollinating sandboxes What is so special about it you may ask? If you type /seed its number is 0. And 0 in the genatorer means a random seed. I just broke minecraft. :P

Would you mind recording this?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Sure. I made a new album for any awesome seeds too. ^.^ Heres the link agin if you missed it: http://imgur.com/user/furno5943

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Alright now I've been banned.

Toad can you refrain from going to my mine from now on? I mean I think you already know that it's rude to overstay your welcome at someone else's mine anyway, especially when they cant be there. But I've learned not to trust people to figure these things out on the internet, especially if those people are psycho.

Anyway bottom line is, get out of my mine until I invite you back in again.

How'd you get banned? ._.

Decided to mess around with mob naming, and accidentally created this hilarious line of text:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/artezza/randomminecraft/wut.png

In related news, if a mob is holding a named item or tool the game won't use it in death messages if it kills you with it :(

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

How'd you get banned? ._.

Got banned for swearing, Burnmad is kinda harsh with the ban-hammer imo.

Decided to mess around with mob naming, and accidentally created this hilarious line of text:

http://www.majhost.c...necraft/wut.png

Too sexy for your shorts much?

The ban period is 48 hours, and regardless of whether you think Burn is too harsh in enforcing them, the rules are the rules. If you cannot refrain from breaking them, you cannot play on the server.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yes Clag we all know the rules and why BM put those rules up, they're part of his values and he feels that people should not swear on a server linked to Bzpower. They make sense and I'm not arguing against them at all. It's just that 48 hours do feel long when you know that you will have to face them again.

It's just that I'm painfully aware that I will slip up again sometime, because I did not swear out of rebellion or malice, but out of habit. So between the knowledge I will be banned again, (probably after getting killed and losing all my items) the random killings that are sure to happen on the server (I am wayyy too low on the level ladder to protect myself) I do feel disheartened. However I can't just quit the server because that would mean leaving everybody behind after I just met them again :(.

While I haven't been banned myself, I have to agree 48 hours is too harsh of a ban for something so minor. I've never been on any forum or website that goes to such extremes.

In games, the worst I've ever seen is a temporary mute, which is a far more appropriate punishment.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~