The Official Minecraft Topic

I'm hosting a server right now. 76.16.8.105

Up at 10:30 most days, 1:30 on Sundays if I don't have time to start it before I leave for church, and down at 11:30 on weekdays, 12:00-12:30 on weekends. All times are CDT.

- :burnmad:

I'm hosting a server right now. 76.16.8.105

Up at 10:30 most days, 1:30 on Sundays if I don't have time to start it before I leave for church, and down at 11:30 on weekdays, 12:00-12:30 on weekends. All times are CDT.

Oh, that indirectly answers my questions, then.

If you guys want to, I could get you a 24/7 server (I already have a Bionicle-related domain, so that ain't a problem), but only if you want to - this is BZP-playing-Minecraft, and not Zeene-playing-Minecraft-imagining-the-whole-of-BZP-is-with-him, after all.

Edited by Zeene

iquXD5X.png

Mmh, the idea of having two accessible BZP Minecraft servers is certainly appealing.

The idea of a pure-survival, no-teleports, anything-but-griefing-goes server sounds very appealing, if that just so happens to be what you've got in mind.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Mmh, the idea of having two accessible BZP Minecraft servers is certainly appealing. The idea of a pure-survival, no-teleports, anything-but-griefing-goes server sounds very appealing, if that just so happens to be what you've got in mind.

Actually, that's exactly what I had in mind. Only some stuff to prevent griefing, and to make it moderatable, for the rest just good ol' Vanilla.Stuff like Endermen picking up blocks and crop trampling will most likely be disabled, though. Creeper explosions won't be altered, since they're actually a legit gameplay-element, whereas crop trampling and Endermen-griefing are just random and annoying.Got a couple of questions, though: Normal difficulty or Hard difficulty, and should PvP be on by default, or, i.e., togglable with a small cooldown?

iquXD5X.png

I'm more of a fan to normal since food is always the hardest part of minecraft for me and I'm not in the mood to constantly starve to death, as for PvP I think it should be on but attacking for no reason like I tend to do should be minimal. I cannot guarantee full safety of others when in Blood rage mode though.

I'm just ToaD

I have no problem with Hard, being quite adept at acquiring and maintaining a food supply.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Alright, 'Normal'-mode it is then, at least for now.

Hmm.... would anyone be interested if the map were to be the island of Mata Nui? Just Mata Nui though, none of the other places, and if you go far enough, the normal terrain generator kicks in again.

iquXD5X.png

If something like that were to be done, it would have to be done very well to be worth it. Much easier to just go with a standard Minecraft world.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

If something like that were to be done, it would have to be done very well to be worth it. Much easier to just go with a standard Minecraft world.

Indeed, and it would be an immense project, with a high chance of everyone just giving up along the way.

Luckily I managed to find this neat lil' thing, though:

791VNhL.jpg

(A view of how it looks like on the map)

iquXD5X.png

If you've found a Minecraft map that looks like that, I'm all for making use of it for this.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Considered asking this on the server, but decided to put it here where everyone can see.

How do we set up multiple home warps? Clag indicated I can do so but I haven't figured out how.

You do /sethome <name of new home>

Unfortunately, we cannot delete the names of new homes we set, and we can have 3. So, if you name one stupidly, you have to stick with it. And if you want to change where one of those homes are at, just do /sethome <name of home you want to replace>.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Unfortunately, we cannot delete the names of new homes we set, and we can have 3.

However, if players have the essentials.delhome permission node, you could use /delhome <name>, which removed the home location specified. Also the limit of 3 homes is easily modifiable in the configs.

iquXD5X.png

The limit of 3 homes does not exist on Burn's server, but, for whatever reason, /delhome does not work on that server.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The limit of 3 homes does not exist on Burn's server, but, for whatever reason, /delhome does not work on that server.

Hmm, does it return an error message of some kind, or just doesn't output anything at all?

Oh, and since we're on the subject of homes anyway: since the 24/7 server will be as-Vanilla-as-possible (with just some stuff to prevent and repair griefing), and therefore has TPs disabled by default, should a /home still be allowed? I've changed the settings around so that when you die, you actually respawn at your bed instead of at the usual spawn, so it shouldn't really be necessary, and it's just a another kind of TP.

iquXD5X.png

Hmm, does it return an error message of some kind, or just doesn't output anything at all?

Oh, and since we're on the subject of homes anyway: since the 24/7 server will be as-Vanilla-as-possible (with just some stuff to prevent and repair griefing), and therefore has TPs disabled by default, should a /home still be allowed? I've changed the settings around so that when you die, you actually respawn at your bed instead of at the usual spawn, so it shouldn't really be necessary, and it's just a another kind of TP.

Can it also have keepInventory=true enabled? It might make us a bit more brave, but when we die we have to sacrifice something.

Also, /delhome worked for me. :D

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I certainly would like a bzpower minecraft survival server. I would play it for an unimaginably long amount of time. mostly to chat with other BZPers. also,

Indeed, and it would be an immense project, with a high chance of everyone just giving up along the way.

Luckily I managed to find this neat lil' thing, though:

791VNhL.jpg

(A view of how it looks like on the map)

that program you rendered the map with is world painter right? I have that program too! I tried to make Voya Nui, but it wasn't as detailed as your mata nui. so would we still have villages and such?

Previously known as Aiwendil.

-snip-

that program you rendered the map with is world painter right? I have that program too! I tried to make Voya Nui, but it wasn't as detailed as your mata nui. so would we still have villages and such?

Actually, no credit whatsoever goes to me for this map. I just found it "on the webs", and thought it was awesome.It doesn't have any villages or other buildings though, just the basic terrain. Nevertheless, it's still absolutely amazing =)

Can it also have keepInventory=true enabled? It might make us a bit more brave, but when we die we have to sacrifice something.

Hmm.... retaining your inventory on death reduces the punishment for dying, so whether it's a good or a bad thing to have it enabled would really depend on a person's playstyle. Let the democracy begin! (AKA: What do the others (yes, you there, that guy/girl staring at that screen) think of it?)

Also, /delhome worked for me. :D

Awesome! Glad to hear.

iquXD5X.png

As a general rule, I would prefer not to retain inventory after death, especially if we make PvP a key part of this server.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hmm, I have to agree with Ymper here, having keepInventory enabled on a Survival-focused server would seem kinda off.

What's also a possibility though, is enabling keepInventory and subsequently setting the difficulty to Hard. Balances things out a bit more, and if you die of starvation you don't loose all your stuff. (Also, you just respawn at your bed instead of at /spawn, so you won't have to walk literally 3 billion miles to get home again)

iquXD5X.png

We're not doing keepinventory.

Also, yes, everyone has the permissions necessary for infinite homes and deleting homes! If either of those permissions don't function for you, it's a fluke I've done everything in my power to try and fix.

Alright, seems like losing your inventory on death it is.

Just a little announcement to everyone: The financial arrangements for the 24/7 server have all been sorted out. The server will be open to all BZP members as soon as possible, after the necessary technical and structural frameworks have been put into place.

iquXD5X.png

Guys...I...think...Herobrine has a crush on me. I better run to the hills. Or is broadcast being a troll? We may never know, after all he turned me into a ghost. =P

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

We're not doing keepinventory. Also, yes, everyone has the permissions necessary for infinite homes and deleting homes! If either of those permissions don't function for you, it's a fluke I've done everything in my power to try and fix.

For once, we weren't talking about your server. =PAnd that's pretty good; have you fixed the admin permissions yet? =P

So yesterday I defeated 3 dragons and lost one egg. Derp. I also killed Clag by accident when trying to fight a wither. D: IM SORRY CLAG. *hides under my bed*

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Well, we killed one and made it drop a portal, and then Burn turned portal-droppage off, which also turned off egg-dropping again...

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I really don't know. All that is known is that, when Burn spawned five dragons at spawn, they dropped portals, one of which smashed halfway through X's house.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom