The Official Minecraft Topic

Let's return to the purpose that this topic was originally meant to serve for a moment and discuss the new snapshot, 13w16a.

There are horses (with armor!), haybales, leashes, carpets, and a new launcher. Hooray!

I must say, I'm really looking forward to this update. What do you guys think?

banner.jpg

What I love more than the new features is the people complaining that these new features have ruined Minecraft forever.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

What I love more than the new features is the people complaining that these new features have ruined Minecraft forever.

In my opinion, the game was ruined when Notch added all those cubes. The spirit of Minecraft is unending creativity and potential, and Hipster-esque retro just "doesn't belong" in that.

iquXD5X.png

I (edit: don't) understand the point of the carpets, to be honest. Its also kind of odd they made new saddles for the horses, instead of using the existing one. Maybe they want to keep the old one rare(ish)? Like the Haybales, though. Even if they don't have a use yet, they'll make a nice decoration for farms.

Haven't seen the launcher in action, but after reading Dinnerbone's post on a site we or may not be allowed to discuss (I honestly have no idea) I'm pretty excited about the advancements it'll bring.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Hay bales look like they'll make a nice roofing material in rural settings, so we can finally have thatched roofs.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Looks like those carpets will be incredibly useful and just generally totally awesome. New builds, here I come!

On a sidenote, yesterday was literally one of the best days on the Takutanuva-server ever. Lapis, lapis lazuli eeeeveeerrryyyywheeeeerereeeeeeeeee! *rainbows and confetti randomly pop up all around the place*

iquXD5X.png

Spent a pretty glorious evening losing a mining contest, murdering ET and Swert, launching babies into the void, and declaring victory against my ancient enemy, water.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Apparently carpets will allow items to fall through, but not players. Also, mobs cannot hop over a one block high wall if theres a carpet on it (supposedly a player still can, can't confirm this).

Interesting.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Apparently carpets will allow items to fall through, but not players. Also, mobs cannot hop over a one block high wall if theres a carpet on it (supposedly a player still can, can't confirm this). Interesting.

For some reason, I strongly suspect the latter will be changed. The former is... interesting. I'm sure map makers might like that one.All I know is I'm simply going to love carpets. It's something I've been wanting for a long time. Might even download this snapshot just to mess around with them lol.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

indeed. the jumping mechanic is pretty cool. the animation could be changed to jumping instead of Rearing up, but i'm okay with what it is now. the training mechanic is also good. being bucked by wild horses. and I know you guys aren't going to believe me, but the first two times I tried spawning a horse, I got foals. and a fourth time, I got a donkey.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

Looks like those carpets will be incredibly useful and just generally totally awesome. New builds, here I come!

On a sidenote, yesterday was literally one of the best days on the Takutanuva-server ever. Lapis, lapis lazuli eeeeveeerrryyyywheeeeerereeeeeeeeee! *rainbows and confetti randomly pop up all around the place*

What is the takatanuva sever and how do i join. Minecraft plus bionicle fans would be amazing.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Looks like those carpets will be incredibly useful and just generally totally awesome. New builds, here I come!On a sidenote, yesterday was literally one of the best days on the Takutanuva-server ever. Lapis, lapis lazuli eeeeveeerrryyyywheeeeerereeeeeeeeee! *rainbows and confetti randomly pop up all around the place*

What is the takatanuva sever and how do i join. Minecraft plus bionicle fans would be amazing.

Basically, the Takutanuva-server is my 24/7 Minecraft server (IP takutanuva.com), which is basically there for BZP-members. Also, the map is the island of Mata Nui.Oh, and to join, you just have to connect to takutanuva.com.

iquXD5X.png

That just makes me lawl right there ^

Make sure you check out both servers. Zeene's server can be really laggy at times (at least for me), while Burn's is usually pretty responsive. Zeene's server is on 24/7, while Burn's isn't on until 11:30 AM EDT (15:30 UTC) and shuts down around midnight-ish EDT.

banner.jpg

Zeene's server can be really laggy at times (at least for me)

Yeah, some people seem to be having that issue. May I ask if you live outside of Europe, because so far tests from the Netherlands and from Germany didn't show much on the lag-o-meter.Also, I may be moving the server to another host sometime. Though that's really dependent on whether or not another MC-related project of mine will be greenlit (currently, the sole problem we're having is the financing. We can't really assure that server will live beyond 3 months, without a steady flow of income through donations. At the same time, we're also make any reward for donation have as little effect on the overall gameplay of our concept, while still making it a rather attractive thing for people to donate for), in which case it'll be a BZP-members-only world, run alongside the main worlds of the project, with settings customly configurated to keep it Vanilla, as opposed to the project itself, which will have some rather interesting twists to it.

iquXD5X.png

That just makes me lawl right there ^

Make sure you check out both servers. Zeene's server can be really laggy at times (at least for me), while Burn's is usually pretty responsive. Zeene's server is on 24/7, while Burn's isn't on until 11:30 AM EDT (15:30 UTC) and shuts down around midnight-ish EDT.

And in British time, it starts at 3:30 pm GMT. Thats the time I leave school for the day. :D

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Its just that big. Takua, what's your MC username? If so, wanna check out my tardis on Burn's server. =P

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

My users is Indigogeek

Its just that big. Takua, what's your MC username? If so, wanna check out my tardis on Burn's server. =P

What's your username?

Furno5943.

All though on Burn's server I'm Ghost_Of_Furno

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Wait, where's your TARDIS?

EDIT: Lulz,I joined as it started raining.

Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Wait, where's your TARDIS?

EDIT: Lulz,I joined as it started raining.

Tp to me when I'm on. Although it needs a massive inside still.... ANY IDEAS?! Pm me!

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Wait, is this on zeene's or burnmad's?

I'm afraid to ask why ta-koro is sky biome.

Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Anyone seen the funny little mistake in the new snapshot, with the raining zombies?

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Oh yeah. It's hilarious when they just start falling from the sky during the day and more and more appear.

I hope they fix that, or at least make it so it dosn't happen to normal zombies, just NBT editied ones... because it gets out of hand. Very quickly. Especially with tons of zombies. Still funny, but not funny in survival.

Then again, infinite rotten flesh. Which is good for hardcore if you run low on food...but then again if you went out while they were still burning and spawning more zombies they might attack you and you may die. Which wouldn't be good.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Yup. There's a chance they spawn more when they take damage. When they repeatedly take fire damage, this will often spawn more, who will in turn spawn MORE and it goes on forever. They can spawn a few blocks above the zombie who took damage, too, so they can eventually get high enough for it to be considered raining zombies.

~Unit#phntk#1

Rebuilding my tardis so it fits a nether portal inside. Also, Blade is back. YAAAAAAY!

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡