The Official Minecraft Topic

I tried to install a certain bionicle mod, but it kept crashing minecraft. I eventually got another bionicle mod that worked. That was until an update came out. Hence the mod version no longer worked for new minecraft 1.5.2.

941989_245302795611443_1853177518_n.jpg

Mmh. You know, at some point, I should probably actually use my gutted-FTB/Clagtech modpack.

So glad FTB asks nicely before updating a pack.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Mmh. You know, at some point, I should probably actually use my gutted-FTB/Clagtech modpack.

So glad FTB asks nicely before updating a pack.

I can't even log into FtB. Is it because I'm using a migrated MC account?

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I have no idea.

New FTB world started, with Large Biomes seed: mIrAcLeS. Initial spawn point is desert bordering extreme hills, with a volcano in between.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

2x13... Metroid reference?

Anyway, guys, if you actually tried out the new launcher you'd see that it's not that bad. And Blade, the only way to install Optifine is to put it in the jar anyway, so it's not that different. And they'll be adding a way to easily add modded versions to the launcher list soon.

banner.jpg

Well, would the new launcher happen to be compatible with the Forge modloader? If it is, you could just install Forge and then use that to install Optifine.

Also, would someone who is familiar with Railcraft tell me what the actual point of Saltpeter is?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Probably not; given that it was just released a few weeks ago. Really, I don't even need to do anything more than grab my 1.5.1 jar from my laptop, grab the newest Optifine, and just be okay until there's a beta of 1.5.2 for Bukkit. =P

Having seen the FtB launcher, I have high hopes for the new Minecraft launcher. I mean, Jeb and the team ARE drawing from the modpacks to see what people want in Minecraft... ;-)

I do hope we get 1.5.2 for Bukkit soon, I'm rather annoyed by having to say "no" to the update message all the time. :P

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Mmh, 1.5.2 Bukkit would be nice.

Meanwhile, I have yet to find any copper ore in my Clagtech world, but have recently conquered a 'village' of Japanese bandits. Not much to say in the way of treasure, but there is no way I'm passing up the chance to make this my new home base.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yay, finallt got FtB to log me in...lawl

Turn's out twas the wrong password...lol

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I do hope we get 1.5.2 for Bukkit soon, I'm rather annoyed by having to say "no" to the update message all the time. :P

In fact, the 1.5.2 builds for both Bukkit and Spigot have already been released, as well as compatible versions of commonly-used dependencies, such as ProtocolLib, BKCommonLib, Vault and TagAPI, and updated versions of most other plugins as well.

iquXD5X.png

Hmm... But are they dev builds, or beta builds? That's the question. =P

Most core things are Beta builds, whether or not one if available for other plugins of course depends on the plugin itself. Though Dev builds aren't that bad, assuming you know what you're doing, and the plugin in question was made by a reasonably experienced coder.

iquXD5X.png

I must say, I'm liking the way the base Vinyl, Unit and I are working on is coming a lot. Blade and Unit, you guys are welcome to use it as some sort of outpost if you want.

Once it's complete, of course. I still have to complete many renovations.

Lol, I still need to make my birch tree farm pretty and move it closer to spawn. :P

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

I've still found neither diamonds nor copper ore in my FTB/Clagtech world. Of course, raids on stone circles and barrow hills have fixed the copper problem, but no luck for diamonds.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I've still found neither diamonds nor copper ore in my FTB/Clagtech world. Of course, raids on stone circles and barrow hills have fixed the copper problem, but no luck for diamonds.

You tried making an OD/OV scanner yet? An OV scanner should put you in the general area of diamonds if you use it well enough.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

I would need glowstone dust for that, and, well, good luck getting to the Nether when you can't get diamonds. I also don't really have enough copper (21 ingots) or rubber to fulfill the rest of the requirements.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

You could always try the obsidian mold method.Internet derping on my comp, so using my mom's iPad. The worthless piece of trash is autocorrecting mom to moo.Edit: and trying to put a space in my emote. >.<Edit: Stupid non-jailbroken thing, I just want to format my post!
-
:burnmad: Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Or I could just keep screwing around in the overworld and find a bunch of other shiny things in the process of searching for diamonds.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Burn, isn't your server usually up by now?

Did someone rescue my stuff? And why did ToaD kill me? It messed up my internet for some reason.

Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

So it turns out that copper and tin generation (but not uranium!) was disabled in the IC2 config file. I'll have to go to previously unexplored lands to reap the reward of fixing that, which is a bit of a pain - fortunately, I've been keeping track of all bandit towers ('Tour des Bandits') found in my southward journeys thus far, and those tend to mark the furthest southern extent of my range.

Because I've only got iron armour, a favored tactic at this time is to wait until nightfall to come upon bandits - I am not sure if this is always the case, but I have, at least once, caught them sleeping and summarily slaughtered them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Bukkit 1.5.2 Beta has been out since the 3rd... but you knew that.

^ Obviously you haven't used the FTB or Magic Launchers, which can add Optifine without having to add it into the Jar itself. =P

Well we're not talking about 3rd party launchers, are we?

Guys, I've decided to make some sort of Zelda-themed texture pack, an idea that Artezza sort of inspired in me earlier today. The Nether will be retextured as the Twilight Realm, with Twili and Shadow Beasts and stuff for the Nether mobs (not sure exactly how I'm gonna do it). I'm a horrible texturer, so I'm gonna need some help on this. Pop me a PM if you're willing to help.

Edited by Srakii~Pktaaim

banner.jpg

I have now acquired three portal spawners (from the Portal Gun moderator) from a raid on some old Mayan ruins. I will need to think a while before deciding how to use these.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm making an adventure map, and the alpha is up on the usual site for Adventure Maps.

Would anyone like to test it? It'd mean a lot to me.

Sure, I'll give it a shot. What version is it designed for? And what's the name of the map?

EDIT: some major lag spikes on the server all of a sudden...

Edited by Flipz

Not that I'm aware of, why?

Meanwhile, Diamond Drills are enchantable. This is delightful. A fully-unbreakable enchantable digging tool. Now I just need to pilfer a high-level Efficiency book.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Perhaps it would have been helpful if you had clarified in advance who 'we' were. Or PMed we.

Moving on, would the Extra Biomes mod in the Direwolf pack happen to be Extra Biomes XL? I'm really hoping it is, because I shoved it into the gutted pack that now includes Millenaire as its key component, and I'm really hoping to see, say, a wasteland. Or one of those mountain ridges covered in red rock, that would be cool.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom