The Official Minecraft Topic

Nah, seems like a waste of money. PC has same thing along with normal MC.

That, and some people (like myself,) don't have an iOS to get it for. Maybe they'll port it to 3DS or PS Vita, since it should be able to work the same way as the iOS version (or rather the Xperia Play version,) they're both game systems which would work even better than the Xperia Play or iOS systems, and the 3DS has a second analog stick addon, while the Vita already has two analog sticks.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

has anyone else noticed that it seems every biome generated before 1.8 is now a swamp? i'm surrounded by swamp colors now.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I love how everyone is like "Wish they'd port it to X". Guys, porting betweem different consoles is difficult and takes a lot of man power. While I agree a 3DS or Vita port would be cool, it'll be some time before that's even possible because Mojang is small and Notch wants it to stay that way.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

So... Does anyone have a list of all of the sound changes for 1.0.0? Because I have to say, I was more than a bit surprised when I took a big fall and instead of hearing just "OW!" it sounded like my legs had snapped in half haha.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

So... Does anyone have a list of all of the sound changes for 1.0.0? Because I have to say, I was more than a bit surprised when I took a big fall and instead of hearing just "OW!" it sounded like my legs had snapped in half haha.~|ET|~

Oh yeah, it was kinda creepy, but I like the realism. Also, I think the minecraft wiki has a "version history" page that lists all the changes between versions.

so now that the game is done, i might take up modding. does anyone know if the "swamp expansion" or whatever it was is actually going to be a thing? i'd love it if it were.also I'd like to know if the Aether has been fixed or if it's still a glitchy mess that eventually results in every creature going extinct except for invincible derpwhales.

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

The Aether will be updated eventually, they were waiting for the full version to release an update. I personally am baited for the minecraft coders pack to be updated, because then I'll see the mass return of my favorite mods. I haven't heard about some "swamp expansion," but I'm sure Mojang won't make an entire expansion just for swamps any time soon. Notch did say he could add a lot more stuff to them, though.My Hamachi private server was a success. I just spent quite a few hours playing the skyblock challenge with a friend. This is going to be fun.

Edited by Roablin
banner.png

The Aether will be updated eventually, they were waiting for the full version to release an update. I personally am baited for the minecraft coders pack to be updated, because then I'll see the mass return of my favorite mods. I haven't heard about some "swamp expansion," but I'm sure Mojang won't make an entire expansion just for swamps any time soon. Notch did say he could add a lot more stuff to them, though.My Hamachi private server was a success. I just spent quite a few hours playing the skyblock challenge with a friend. This is going to be fun.

the swamp expansion was a moderator that some people were making because the current swamps are lame.
This topic so far

Vs.

AWWW YEAH got myself a melon seeds, gonna brew myself a few instant health potions now. Talking of which, I know it's a bit late but what does everyone think of brewing potions? I don't like how some of the ingredients (magma cream and ghast tears I'm looking at you) are nigh impossible to get.

i just hate that 75% of the base potions are completely worthless.also, i'd love it if you could throw potions instead of "eating" them, so you could potentially engage in potion warfare in smp servers. also it would allow Notch to make more lulsy potions that affect blocks or mobs in weird ways.

This topic so far

Vs.

also, i'd love it if you could throw potions instead of "eating" them, so you could potentially engage in potion warfare in smp servers. also it would allow Notch to make more lulsy potions that affect blocks or mobs in weird ways.

See: Splash Potions

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

also, i'd love it if you could throw potions instead of "eating" them, so you could potentially engage in potion warfare in smp servers. also it would allow Notch to make more lulsy potions that affect blocks or mobs in weird ways.

ah, no wonder i never saw those, the brewing guide i read was written for pre3.brb making tons of these things.
This topic so far

Vs.

ah, no wonder i never saw those, the brewing guide i read was written for pre3.brb making tons of these things.
I've tried them, but I don't think I've tried the flash bomb-esqe one yet. Also, I remember downing a bunch of speed potions on creative (infinite items,) and then combined that with sprinting and flying (again thanks to creative.) So much fun.

I'm tempted to try a new world on Hardcore mode, but - well, I scare easily... I got a nasty shock when I was jumped by cave spiders and creepers. I'm not sure I can take on these hostile mobs, they turn up when you least expect them. Another one of these shocks would give me a heart attack!

~ CHTrilogy

I'm tempted to try a new world on Hardcore mode, but - well, I scare easily... I got a nasty shock when I was jumped by cave spiders and creepers. I'm not sure I can take on these hostile mobs, they turn up when you least expect them. Another one of these shocks would give me a heart attack!

To be frank you don't sound like you can handle a world on any difficulty other than peaceful. However I wouldn't do hardcore mode anyway since having to delete my world, after all the effort I put into building a cool base, would be gut wrenching.

To be frank you don't sound like you can handle a world on any difficulty other than peaceful. However I wouldn't do hardcore mode anyway since having to delete my world, after all the effort I put into building a cool base, would be gut wrenching.
Yeah... I'm more the Creative type than Survival. That said I'd like to try Adventure mode when it arrives!

~ CHTrilogy

i don't like the snow golems because snowballs do no damage. makes them pretty pointless.i do like though that if they die you get more snowballs from them than went into their construction. or at least that's what happened with the one i made.

This topic so far

Vs.

Today on my new 10 legit world I explored a cave for the first time. It was probably my most prosperous mining expedition ever, I got my first diamonds (eight), two stacks of lapis, six stacks of redstone, an ton of iron, and half a stack of gold.Then an enderman killed me and I lost it all.Good times.

banner.png

lol endermen aren't that hard to fight. i took on two at the same time last night, i love fighting them.i really like that notch fixed the problem they were having in one of the prereleases. they used to teleport away after you deal the finishing blow, and if you didn't see where they died you'd likely lose everything they drop. made me super mad.

This topic so far

Vs.

i don't like the snow golems because snowballs do no damage. makes them pretty pointless.i do like though that if they die you get more snowballs from them than went into their construction. or at least that's what happened with the one i made.

Actually, snowballs deal damage to the Enderdragon. They're fun in creative mode, pelting the dragon to death with your army of Snow Golem. :P

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

Yeah, but it's scary when you are jumped. I had no idea I had even looked at the fellow, when it teleported over and started assaulting me. I had nevev thought much of them before this incident. Later, when I was in a large cavern, there were five endermen walking around. It was kind of frightening having to try not to look at any of them.

banner.png

Is minecraft iPhone edition, and Android edition the same thing?

Pretty much.I didn't buy the pocket edition yet, I just got the lite version. Maybe when they add some more modes it'll be worth it (or maybe when there's a sale. :P) The lite version works well, and it just has fewer blocks. No big deal.I'm playing this game called Junk Jack instead. Might be ripoff, but at least it's a complete game rather than an incomplete version. And it's cheaper. :P Edited by Zeddy

Uh, no, the 1.0.0 server version is on their website. 0.o I helped my friend set up a server a few days ago, so trust me, the server .exe and .jar is updated.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Is it true that you can catch fire if you stare at the sun too long?!

that sounds like a liei'm upset, the aether moderator hasn't been updated to 1.0 yet. this is bothersome because i want to play it now that they've fixed all the bugs it was plagued with.
This topic so far

Vs.