Tomorrow is 810NICLE Day!

Tomorrow the LEGO Bionicle fan community will be celebrating 810NICLE Day, where a number of groups will be gathering together to show off cool projects they've been working on, highlight awesome community creations, interviewing Ryder Windham, and much more! You'll be able to watch the fun on the Beaverhouse YouTube or Twitch channels starting at 10 AM Eastern! A full schedule of the day's activities is up on BIOsector01. It's shaping up to be a great event and I look forward to tuning in!

View the full article

• Like 1

I’m hoping for a demo showing the new updates for The Legend of Mata Nui Rebuilt. I heard that there are some fixes, set accuracies, pedestals for collectible objects, and some new features that look reasonable, like the Toa having their weapons on their backs, Matoran guards holding their weapons, those secret printing stuff, an air meter for Gali when swimming underwater, and eye colors on the Toa’s overall meters. :D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Maybe I'm just old, but while I "get" why 8/10 is being called "BIONICLE Day" (or is it 810N1C73 Day??? Can my descendants look forward to 5/3/8008 for another special-interest reason?), I cringe a bit at the usage of numerical pareidolia to determine the day on which we celebrate this great LEGO theme. What are we, the ALIEN fandom?

Jokes aside, a good way to make this official is an announcement from LEGO regarding a certain tell-all retrospective on the making of BIONICLE, one that go into comprehensive detail on the chronology of the story, toy, music, and game development prior to launch in 2001, as well as concepts done to plan for all subsequent years. For the theme that saved LEGO from bankruptcy, BIONICLE deserves at least this much.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

On 8/9/2020 at 9:15 PM, Bionicle Guru said:

Maybe I'm just old, but while I "get" why 8/10 is being called "BIONICLE Day" (or is it 810N1C73 Day??? Can my descendants look forward to 5/3/8008 for another special-interest reason?), I cringe a bit at the usage of numerical pareidolia to determine the day on which we celebrate this great LEGO theme. What are we, the ALIEN fandom?

Jokes aside, a good way to make this official is an announcement from LEGO regarding a certain tell-all retrospective on the making of BIONICLE, one that go into comprehensive detail on the chronology of the story, toy, music, and game development prior to launch in 2001, as well as concepts done to plan for all subsequent years. For the theme that saved LEGO from bankruptcy, BIONICLE deserves at least this much.

It reminds me of the old leetspeak Kanoka codes. For that reason, I think it's fitting.

That being said, I didn't even realize it was today until just now. What kind of BIONICLE fan am I? I just wish it were 2008 and we were all criticizing the Av-Matoran for the first time again.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

18 hours ago, Master Inika said:

It reminds me of the old leetspeak Kanoka codes. For that reason, I think it's fitting.

Good point! Now I'm reminded of them, too, and yes, that does make the 8/10 date selection more fitting.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"