• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Last Book You Read

Literature Prose

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#321 Offline (Daedalus)

(Daedalus)
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 06-August 08
  • 556 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2014 - 06:34 PM

The last full novel that I read was The Scarlet Letter, which was for my American Literature class. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, as despite knowing it is a classic, most people I know despise it.

Currently reading Black by Ted Dekker, and I'm beginning to remember why I liked him so much. I was a huge fan in junior high and high school, but the more I read of his works, the less I liked him. He is excellent at writing thrillers--he tends to start things off with a bang (sometimes literally)--and he has some great twists. The problem is, his books are almost like romance novels; they have a certain formula, even for characters, and they don't deviate much. Again, what he does write is excellent, but after reading several of his novels in a row, it feels like the same story told in a slightly different way and in a different place. I especially dislike his so-obsessed-with-someone-or-something-that-he-cannot-think-properly-and-does-stupid-things main characters. Once I discovered this, I stopped reading his stuff for a long time (the only exception being The Priest's Graveyard, which, despite being dark and a little twisted, is quite different from his other works, and it resonates with me in a strange way).

However, I got the itch to read The Circle Trilogy, of which Black is the first part, and I'm not regretting it. I can see that same old formula popping up, but since I haven't been exposed to it in a long time, it works. I can't wait to read the other two.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

#322 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 22-October 11
  • 1,230 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2014 - 10:41 AM

The last full novel that I read was The Scarlet Letter, which was for my American Literature class. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, as despite knowing it is a classic, most people I know despise it.

I'm one of those people. :/

There aren't many books that I flat-out dislike, but that's one of them.

ezgif-save.gif

(Majhost is down, so this is my stand-in signature picture.)

bohrok.png

My Writing Blog
My Bionicle/LEGO Blog
BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~
Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

May both Mata Nui and Ekimu be with you, traveler, and let not Makuta shed shadow on your way.

#323 Offline (Daedalus)

(Daedalus)
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 06-August 08
  • 556 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2014 - 01:58 PM

Really? Is there any particular reason? I suppose part of the reason I liked it was the context in which I read it, but I'm still curious why so many people dislike it.

#324 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members

• 22-October 11
  • 1,230 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2014 - 02:08 PM

Really? Is there any particular reason? I suppose part of the reason I liked it was the context in which I read it, but I'm still curious why so many people dislike it.
Honestly, I don't find it very well written (not in the way you might think I mean; I do typically love books written in an older, 17-1800's style, I think it isn't written well by the same standards you would judge pretty much any book, such as rambling sentence-paragraphs (ironic that this is becoming one), fairly boring characters, etc., as well as a quite boring plot that doesn't... really... go anywhere, that I remember.
(Keep in mind that I read this two or so years ago.)

Edited by Kopekemaster, Dec 04 2014 - 05:48 PM.

ezgif-save.gif

bohrok.png

My Writing Blog
My Bionicle/LEGO Blog

May both Mata Nui and Ekimu be with you, traveler, and let not Makuta shed shadow on your way.

#325 Offline (Daedalus)

(Daedalus)
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 06-August 08
  • 556 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2014 - 02:45 PM

Honestly, I don't find it very well written (not in the way you might think I mean; I do typically love book written in an older, 17-1800's style, I think it isn't written well by the same standards you would judge pretty much any book, such as rambling sentence-paragraphs (ironic that this is becoming one), fairly boring characters, etc., as well as a quite boring plot that doesn't... really... go anywhere, that I remember.

(Keep in mind that I read this two or so years ago.)

Now that you mention it, all those things are true, but none of them really bothered me. Again, though, I think my liking the book had to do with the context in which I read it. It was for an American literature class, and we had previously read stuff by William Bradford, John Winthrop, and the like. It was interesting to see how Hawthorne incorporated their beliefs and then kind of turned them on their heads. A lot of that had to do with the ambiguities present within The Scarlet Letter. But I can definitely see why someone wouldn't like it.

EDIT: Finished the Circle Trilogy. It was... well, it was incredible. I had forgotten how effective a writer he is. The story resonated with me in a way it didn't the first time I read it. To be honest, I'm a sucker for a well-written story of redemption and love, and that's basically what the Circle Trilogy is all about.

Edited by (Daedalus), Dec 15 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#326 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 20-September 07
  • 11,833 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 05 2015 - 02:33 AM

(finally) Just finished reading Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline. Such a fun and amazing read. All I want to do is immediately re-read it.

Edited by Velox, Jan 05 2015 - 02:41 AM.

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

#327 Offline Based Goomy

Based Goomy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 10-July 09
  • 3,289 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 05 2015 - 03:05 AM

Myself When I Am Real by Gene Santoro, a biography of the great American jazz bassist Charles Mingus. A compelling tale of an amazing life, but not the best written. 

Looking for a Voya Gold Kraahkan!

#328 Offline (Daedalus)

(Daedalus)
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 06-August 08
  • 556 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2015 - 06:21 PM

Since my last post, I have read The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum, Jaws by Peter Benchley, Jaws 2 by Hank Searls, and 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King. Great books, the lot of them. I'm currently reading Sue Grafton's "L" is for Lawless. I read the preceding books fairly recently, and since I haven't read the latest book in the series, I figured I'd pick the series back up and read all the books currently out.

#329 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 06-August 10
  • 1,721 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 14 2015 - 08:59 PM

Reading The Count of Monte Cristo currently. It's unabridged and it's 1240 pages and it's amazing.

Also reading Frankenstein for school. Should be done with that soon since we're reading 30-40 pages per day.

Posted Image

#330 Offline (Daedalus)

(Daedalus)
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 06-August 08
  • 556 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2015 - 04:18 PM

Finished L is for Lawless, and then found out I hadn't actually left off there. Apparently I'd just skipped it (can't remember why). So, I picked up where I actually left off, which was P is for Peril. I finished that along with Q is for Quarry and R is for Ricochet, and I'm currently reading S is for Silence, which is when Grafton started incorporating third-person chapters. When I first read it, I didn't really like the addition, but now I appreciate the way they flesh out the story in ways that's hard to do with a solely first-person narrator.

#331 Online Minty Green

Minty Green
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 08-October 09
  • 996 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2015 - 05:27 PM

Finished Ashen Winter a few days ago, I really like books that take place close to home.

Not much of an avid reader these days.

Edited by Chasm, Jan 19 2015 - 05:27 PM.

Like Bionicle and Lego? Click the text and visit my YouTube Channel! 

ghost_by_alyx_xcv-d84x7jk.gif

Bionicle Generation 2 Progression: 2015- Toa [IIIIII] Protectors [IIIIII] Skull Villains [I]                                                                                                                                            

#332 Offline (Daedalus)

(Daedalus)
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 06-August 08
  • 556 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2015 - 03:05 PM

Finished T is for Trespass. This one is quite a bit darker than most of the other books. The conflict between Kinsey and the antagonist is much more psychological and it is present throughout much of the book. It's alos different from the others in that Kinsey knows who committed the crime pretty early on, she just needs to prove it by figuring out how and why.

Now I'm on U is for Undertow. I remember next to nothing about this one, so it should be interesting to see again how it plays out.

#333 Offline Ektris

Ektris
  • Premier Member
  • Proud Matoran Resistance

• 22-July 03
  • 13,411 posts

Posted Jan 26 2015 - 03:20 PM

Finished up Star Wars: Survivor's Quest the other night. T'was one of the EU novels I've been really meaning to get to because the premise was interesting and I've loved all of Zahn's work. But... it's probably my least favorite. Half of it just seemed to be retroactive setup for tidbits of the NJO series and the rest didn't feel like it got truly resolved.

Last night I started A Song of Ice and Fire: A Clash of Kings. I imagine I'll be reading this for quite a while heh.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#334 Offline (Daedalus)

(Daedalus)
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 06-August 08
  • 556 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2015 - 01:22 PM

Blessed Child by Ted Dekker. I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed this book, because my mom and my sister both tried to read it and got bored a few chapters in. I loved it, however. I'm currently reading the sequel, A Man Called Blessed. I'm having a little harder time getting into this one, but I aim to finish it. It just might take me longer.

#335 Offline Iaredios Paerkenon

Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 10-April 07
  • 1,952 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 09:34 AM

Aquaman: The Trench, by Geoff Jones. This an excellent revamp of a character people have not taken seriously since the Super Friends TV show (despite Aquaman continuously having good-sub par stories since it's creation, while every-other comic-book character has their ups and downs; he does too, just not as apparent), and the story acknowledges this. Throughout the story, Aquaman is openly ridiculed by everybody: police, nerds, journalists, SNL, mercenaries, and store clerks, you name it. Despite this, the man continues to help out the city of Boston from his deceased father's lighthouse, Beachrock (his home; there are one or two brief flashbacks to Atlantis, but not many details). Aquaman, or rather Arthur Curry, did not choose this alias, but rather people gave it to him mockingly, and have started to do the same to his wife and dog (which neither he nor she do not take kindly to). Throughout the graphic novel, however, he gains a little bit of respect (not a whole lot), and I can't wait to get the next one (or maybe even two!) this weekend. In short, when the Aquaman movie comes out, they have to use this and the following graphic novels as a source for an origin story, if they do not they are simply stupid. Simple as that; the GN itself was like watching a part of a movie.

=======================================================================

I am currently reading Who Killed Atilla: The Night Atilla Died. Traditional history has it that Atilla simply died on his wedding night by a nosebleed before his planned assault on Constantinople. But the author claims that he has found evidence that Atilla simply did not die but was assassinated, and the history that was taught to us surrounding this event is propaganda, by the usage of philology (the study of understanding and recreating extinct languages and cultures by using what has been written about said things by other peoples). It is quite interesting so far.

I can believe it possible to be propaganda, much of the history of that time was twisted in some form or another, especially by the Catholic Church in less then a couple of centuries(look up Donations of Constantine), but the Roman Empire at the same time is not innocent in this despite them usually being the better party (look up The Alexiad, which I have read)

Edited by Iaredios, Feb 26 2015 - 10:31 AM.

Iaredios_178256.gifgb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project

Name Info      History     The English Language     The Turkey Neck      Arthur Curry     Ra's al-Ghul   

#336 Offline Prodigal

Prodigal
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 06-March 11
  • 3,511 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 11:15 AM

Kurt Vonnegut Jr.'s Mother Night. Very interesting book; I personally loved it, but I could see how some wouldn't (hard to empathise with an ex-Nazi, even if they were a spy). Interesting contrast to his later novels; it was vaguely reminiscent of Heller's political satire, less fantastical in scope, more visceral.

PwcKCSr.jpg

#337 Offline (Daedalus)

(Daedalus)
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 06-August 08
  • 556 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 17 2015 - 06:45 PM

I finally dropped A Man Called Blessed. I wanted to see what would come of the main plot/conflict, but the typical-of-Ted-Dekker characters were starting to get on my nerves, and I already knew how much of the book was going to turn out (a bit of irony, really, as many of Dekker's later books would become known (at least for me) for their surprising twists). Basically, it was kind of boring.

So instead I read Never Let You Go by Erin Healy. Despite a few "What in the world?" moments (the good kind) toward the beginning, this book has a fairly slow buildup, but about halfway (maybe two thirds of the way in) in, things pick up and stay exciting. Even if it stayed somewhat slow, though, it would be worth the read, as Healy does an excellent job with making very real characters. The plot is done well, though I have a soft spot for plots that deal strongly with love and forgiveness.

Interestingly enough, Erin Healy's first two books (Kiss, which I have read (it is also a really good book), and Burn, which, sadly, I have not read) were coauthored by Ted Dekker, and if it wasn't for that, I probably never would have read her works, which would have been a shame.

#338 Offline Iaredios Paerkenon

Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 10-April 07
  • 1,952 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2015 - 08:19 AM

Alright, I have read a few books:

Batman Vol 1: The Court of Owls: This book was extremely well done and is worthy of movie material. I await to see if the Court of Owls and their Talon assassins make an appearance in the next Batman movie. It will be nice to not have the Joker featured as the main villain for once in media (one of the reasons why i love Batman Begins). If you want a classic noir story, some high-tech gadgets, and see Batman lose his mind and become scared of owls, buy this book.

Superman | Braniac: Though no longer canon (what a shame), I read this so i could have an understanding of Braniac as I never really knew why the guy abducted cities and shrunk them for a collection. Well let me say, that if Braniac makes a movie appearance, it needs to be this variation, as he is cold and will stop at nothing to get what he wants, not to mention that Superman can barely fight him. With the last note, it was quite refreshing to see Superman on edge and using every ounce of his power to stop a foe that is so powerful and driven towards his goals (and a bit creepy I might add). The pace for this book was like an action-packed movie and moves very fast during the climax, and though it was turned into an animated movie just because of how good it is, I hear it's not as good as the book (what's new?). If you don't care for Superman, this is one of the few books you must get because he and the cast of characters are well developed.

Aquaman Vol 2: The Others: This follows Aquaman Vol 1: The Trench, in which Black Manta has returned from a past that the book explains; not to mention the book gives at least a little bit of a history for Aquaman as Vol 1: The Trench was very vague about his past. Basically, he has his own private rag-tag team of superheros called The Others and they must protect ancient relics, and he was a much darker person in the past. I will not say anymore (as that would lead to spoilers) other then I like the reasonable feud between Arthur Curry and Black Manta (name has yet to be revealed). This was better then Vol 1: The Trench IMO.

Aquaman Vol 3: Throne of Atlantis: If you have read the previous stories and thought Aquaman was pretty cool, then you will be amazed to find that he is just outright epic in the book. This graphic novel finally reveals just about everything with Aquaman's past, and formally introduces King Orm Marius of Atlantis (Arthur Curry's half-brother), or as the surface dweller's call him, "Ocean Master" :rolleyes: (he has been mentioned a couple of time, but never seen). He wields the Crown of Oceans (allows him to control water to powerful degree) and the Trident of Storms (allows him to create hurricane, thunder storms, twisters (etc), and summon lightning bolts from his trident). I love the way Orm is shown to be a sincere antagonist, you understand where he coming from and how he must protect and avenge his people, but he must be stopped; I actually feel bad for him. :(  Orm Marius is now one of my favorite DC antagonists . Aspects of this story will definitely be used on the upcoming Aquaman live-action film(s) (Zach Snyder has heavily hinted at it), and so I cannot wait to see that and the animated movie of Throne of Atlantis. From what I have heard, the animated movie for Throne of Atlantis is epic in action, but it tries to cram in the stories for the previous two Aquaman graphic novels with this one and thus loses the Shakespearean relationship between the half-brothers; I heard it can be a jumbled up unless you have read the original sources.

I was going to show a picture of from the GN, one of the most epic battle scenes from DC comics, but I'll let you decide if you want to buy the book (and it's predecessors), or just google it. instead, here is is an action packed rip form the Graphic Novel:

The Duel for the Throne of Atlantis:

*Orm yelling at Arthur as he continuously strikes at him with a bolt of lightning from his trident, all while a maelstrom pours and tremendous sea waves crash* The poison of the surface world has corrupted your mind! All my life I've wanted to save you Arthur. *grabs Arthur and hurls him through a few buildings* When I was a child, I was told stories of the terror that the air-breathers brought upon us. And when I learned I had an older brother trapped up here, I wept. *leaps before his fallen brother* For years, I begged the Atlantean Guard to bring you home, but they refused to venture to this world. Which is why I took the throne in the first place. *charges his trident of storms* I built up the Atllantean army so I could come here and find you myself. But you found Atlantis first. I wept again that day --- because I loved you as any brother should. *unleashes the full might of the surrounding maelstrom via lightning bolts upon his brother, frowning and eyes watering behind his goggled helmet-crown as it flashes in the light of the lightning*

Edited by Iaredios, Apr 17 2015 - 10:20 AM.

Name Info      History     The English Language     The Turkey Neck      Arthur Curry     Ra's al-Ghul   

#339 Offline Hodor

Hodor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-July 07
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2015 - 05:34 AM

Been reading through Usagi Yojimbo again since it's coming off of hiatus this year. Just wrapped up Wanderer's Road, which has one of my favorite issues-"The Blade of the Gods". Really nice, atmospheric issue that introduces Jei, who is perhaps the most memorable antagonist in the series. Kinda wish he'd pop up in the various TMNT cartoon appearances, but he'd be a terrible fit for the usually-lighter tone of the cartoons.

Usagi Yojimbo is probably one of the best comics out there, with very few (if any) bad issues. It also doesn't really fall into the slump Cerebus did, where the author went more than a bit crazy during its run. It also doesn't fall into the problem that the Mirage Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did, where it just kinda got dumb after awhile (even if the later volumes were marked improvements from the Larsen/Image run). Certainly worth a read.

hElbrZ6.gif

#340 Offline Iaredios Paerkenon

Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 10-April 07
  • 1,952 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2015 - 08:29 AM

Been reading through Usagi Yojimbo again since it's coming off of hiatus this year. Just wrapped up Wanderer's Road, which has one of my favorite issues-"The Blade of the Gods". Really nice, atmospheric issue that introduces Jei, who is perhaps the most memorable antagonist in the series. Kinda wish he'd pop up in the various TMNT cartoon appearances, but he'd be a terrible fit for the usually-lighter tone of the cartoons.

Usagi Yojimbo is probably one of the best comics out there, with very few (if any) bad issues. It also doesn't really fall into the slump Cerebus did, where the author went more than a bit crazy during its run. It also doesn't fall into the problem that the Mirage Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did, where it just kinda got dumb after awhile (even if the later volumes were marked improvements from the Larsen/Image run). Certainly worth a read.

I've never read any of the TNMT comics/graphic novels. I grew up with the animated series that run in the early 2000's. Based on that, where do you think would be a good place to start?

#341 Offline Hodor

Hodor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-July 07
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2015 - 12:26 PM

I've never read any of the TNMT comics/graphic novels. I grew up with the animated series that run in the early 2000's. Based on that, where do you think would be a good place to start?

They've been reprinting the 80's Mirage stuff as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection hardcovers, which is probably the best way to get into that version. It's what the 2000's series was mostly based on. If you've got a problem with gore and profanity, though, don't go for it- Mirage TMNT is full of it. The trades are missing a few issues, be it because of licensing problems (issue 8, the Cerebus the Aardvark crossover) or low quality (most of the 'guest writer' period).

IDW's doing a pretty solid standalone too- also just named Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's supposed to be pretty good, taking bits and pieces from every incarnation. I've only read a few issues from this one, so I can't say for sure.

hElbrZ6.gif

#342 Offline Iaredios Paerkenon

Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 10-April 07
  • 1,952 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2015 - 12:54 PM

They've been reprinting the 80's Mirage stuff as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection hardcovers, which is probably the best way to get into that version. It's what the 2000's series was mostly based on. If you've got a problem with gore and profanity, though, don't go for it- Mirage TMNT is full of it. The trades are missing a few issues, be it because of licensing problems (issue 8, the Cerebus the Aardvark crossover) or low quality (most of the 'guest writer' period).

IDW's doing a pretty solid standalone too- also just named Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's supposed to be pretty good, taking bits and pieces from every incarnation. I've only read a few issues from this one, so I can't say for sure.

Thanks for helping me out. :D I loved the TMNT series I grew up with.

Alright, so then the Mirage run is what I have been wanting. Much of that was written by Jack Kurby, right? I heard that he either created TMNT or basically made it his own.

#343 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members

• 22-October 11
  • 1,230 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2015 - 04:02 PM

Still reading The Black Prism, and started The Stand a little while ago. I've also been blazing through The Brewer's Tale (nonfiction) recently.

ezgif-save.gif

bohrok.png

My Writing Blog
My Bionicle/LEGO Blog

#344 Offline Millennium

Millennium
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 27-August 08
  • 1,598 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2015 - 04:41 PM

Three men on a boat by Jerome Klapka. It was fun from the first page to the last, something not many books can achieve and something I do not usually seek in books. It had its few nice moments of depth here and there, well placed and well written.
Right now I'm reading a biology text on biodiversity. I'm almost done.

Edited by Millennium, Apr 21 2015 - 04:46 PM.

millennium_slizer.png

#345 Offline Iaredios Paerkenon

Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 10-April 07
  • 1,952 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2015 - 04:48 PM

Right now I'm reading a biology text on biodiversity. I'm almost done.

Well that must be interesting. Have fun!

#346 Offline Millennium

Millennium
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 27-August 08
  • 1,598 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2015 - 04:57 PM

Oh, I almost forgot. I read Lovecraft's The music of Erich Zann yesterday. He deemed it his best work; to me it wasn't particularily impressive, though it has its intense moments. At the mountains of madness and moreover The shadow over Innsmouth (especially for the twist at the ending) have both a special place in my heart, above all his other works.

millennium_slizer.png

#347 Offline Hodor

Hodor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-July 07
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2015 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for helping me out. :D I loved the TMNT series I grew up with.

Alright, so then the Mirage run is what I have been wanting. Much of that was written by Jack Kurby, right? I heard that he either created TMNT or basically made it his own.

Nah, Eastman and Laird. Jack Kirby was an influence, but he never directly contributed to the series.

hElbrZ6.gif

#348 Offline Millennium

Millennium
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 27-August 08
  • 1,598 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 29 2015 - 03:37 PM

Biology text completed. Now starting an Osho essay...I don't know how to translate it properly (the book is in italian). Literally, it's Restart from the self. I guess.

millennium_slizer.png

#349 Offline Hodor

Hodor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-July 07
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2015 - 03:44 PM

Finished the Great Usagi Yojimbo Reread just now. Read all 200+ issues in a span of two weeks, from Usagi's first appearance in Albedo and Critters to the 144th issue of the Dark Horse run. Not counting Space Usagi and Senso, of course.

Great comic. Reminded me why I fell in love with it in the first place.

hElbrZ6.gif

#350 Offline CarumEsSarene

CarumEsSarene
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 01-May 15
  • 321 posts

Posted May 06 2015 - 04:05 PM

Last book I finished reading was The Hobbit. Currently reading The Lord of the Rings from beginning to end.

#351 Online Nescent

Nescent
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 15-May 09
  • 2,325 posts

Posted Jun 30 2015 - 09:12 PM

I finished His Dark Materials (The Golden Compass/The Subtle Knife/The Amber Spyglass) almost a week ago and still haven't gotten over it. I wish the story didn't have to end. :( 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users