I'm digging the dark/dragon? legendary. But the deer one is way too much like an evolved form of Virizion...As for starters, I'll end up going with fire as always, but at least odds are good that it can't possibly be fire/fighting! :PAnd I hadn't noticed at first, but there are DNA helixes in the logos. So I'm really interested in how that will work out, and it as a motif already explains the X and Y titles.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Pokemon Y it is, then. Water starter is silly, which is a first =P.

Anyhow, very interesting, but nostalgic at the same time; hearkens back to gamecube style play, but with an actual RPG, so I'll be impressed to see where this all goes.

I AM SO FREAKIN PSYCHED I ??? CANT HANDLE THIS WOW

As for starters, I'll end up going with fire as always, but at least odds are good that it can't possibly be fire/fighting! :P

theyre probably fire/psychic, water/fighting, and grass/dark, which would do good to reverse the type effectiveness triangle the starters usually have with their secondary types

Edited by Aho-Chan

bionicle is trans culture

I AM SO FREAKIN PSYCHED I ??? CANT HANDLE THIS WOW

As for starters, I'll end up going with fire as always, but at least odds are good that it can't possibly be fire/fighting! :P

theyre probably fire/psychic, water/fighting, and grass/dark, which would do good to reverse the type effectiveness triangle the starters usually have with their secondary types

That would be a nice shift, though I've heard arguments for Froakie being dark or psychic as well from his artwork (dark - his white parts sort of look like the Japanese thief trope of the bag slung over the shoulder/handkerchief on the face; psychic - he's doing the psychic hand thing). As long as we don't wind up with fire/fighting for the fourth time in a row, I'll be happy.As for plot/legendary speculation, all I can say is with these double helices in the Japanese logos we'd better have Mewtwo show up three-quarters through the plot to lay the smackdown. Respect your elders, deer-and-phoenix-things.More seriously, we'll probably get a villainous team based around science this time around or something like that. Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GSR" data-cid="488220" data-time="1357691458"><p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Aho-Chan" data-cid="488160"><p>I AM SO FREAKIN PSYCHED I ??? CANT HANDLE THIS WOW<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Electric Turahk" data-cid="487969"><p><br /><span style='color: #d4af37'><strong class='bbc'>As for starters, I'll end up going with fire as always, but at least odds are good that it can't possibly be fire/fighting! :P</strong></span></p></blockquote>theyre probably fire/psychic, water/fighting, and grass/dark, which would do good to reverse the type effectiveness triangle the starters usually have with their secondary types<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /><br /><br /></p></blockquote>That would be a nice shift, though I've heard arguments for Froakie being dark or psychic as well from his artwork (dark - his white parts sort of look like the Japanese thief trope of the bag slung over the shoulder/handkerchief on the face; psychic - he's doing the psychic hand thing). As long as we don't wind up with fire/fighting for the fourth time in a row, I'll be happy.<br /><br />As for plot/legendary speculation, all I can say is with these double helices in the Japanese logos we'd better have Mewtwo show up three-quarters through the plot to lay the smackdown. Respect your elders, deer-and-phoenix-things.<br /><br />More seriously, we'll probably get a villainous team based around science this time around or something like that.</p></blockquote>I actually think Froakie is Water/Electric... He has Thundurus's color scheme and he has these little clouds. He could be based off of that experiment with shocking frog legs to make them twitch... Froakie does look like a scientist, maybe Ben Franklin because of the kite experiment?

aouROFb.png

Guys, Froakie is not going to be a water/fighting type. There is a cloud around his neck. That indicates that its either going to be water/flying, water/ice (because snowclouds exist and 'froakie' may come partially from freeze) or pure water type. I can't speak for the other ones though, though I suspect Fennekin may be fire/psychic.

As for the starter I'll pick, I'm going to go with Froakie (if his evolutions look good) because he looks great and it looks like they'll be doing a cloud theme with him. That is just really cool to me. Water starters have yet to disappoint, so I'm confident. Also, I really don't like Chespin, he just looks cluttered and, to be blunt, sort of dumb. Fennekin looks good, but is way better looking in-game than in official art.

Edited by High Voltage

Guys, Froakie is not going to be a water/fighting type (Ignoring the fact that the trio would be really unbalanced to Fennekin's hindrance if this was the case)

??? if froakie were water/fighting it wouldnt make it unbalanced

froakies primary type makes it weak to chespins primary and strong against fennekins primary, while their secondary types would reverse that perfectly, especially since their secondary types arent strong or weak against their primary types

bionicle is trans culture

i dont see water/fighting from froakie at all

okay i'm gonna say it, the new 'mons look great [which is surprising, usually you hate the new 'mons then warm up to them] but the in game graphics, like the character models, look awful

jesus my cellphone runs better looking games than this

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Guys, Froakie is not going to be a water/fighting type (Ignoring the fact that the trio would be really unbalanced to Fennekin's hindrance if this was the case)

??? if froakie were water/fighting it wouldnt make it unbalanced

froakies primary type makes it weak to chespins primary and strong against fennekins primary, while their secondary types would reverse that perfectly, especially since their secondary types arent strong or weak against their primary types

Yeah, sorry, I was thinking of the other way (grass/fight, fire/psychic, water/dark). Sorry, still waking up. Still, the dark, fight, psychic trio will always be slightly unbalanced due to dark's immunity, and Froakie just doesn't have any indications of being a water/fight or water/dark and there is much more concrete evidence for other types based on the design and name.

One last thing, if Froakie's shiny form has the colour scheme of Cyclos from the Wind Waker like Normal Froakie has the scheme of Zephos, that will be the best reference ever.

Edited by High Voltage

The Pokemon Company president mentioned a few things about Pokemon X and Y Versions in a press release:

• [*]In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.[*]Because of
Pokemon X and Y, the Pokemon anime, movies, card game, and merchandise will “break into a new dimension.”[*]People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.” (I’m assuming this is referring to the game’s global October release.)[*]The game will utilize the 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation.[*]The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.[*]The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure.[*]Everyone will enjoy the game’s scenario and music.

jlovfkk.jpg

• [*]Everyone will enjoy the game’s scenario and music.

Looks like they learned from 5th generation. :)

Anyway, the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game had made me seriously consider getting a 3DS. Now I know I'll get one.

My thoughts on the new Pokemon:

Chespin - This guy looks really cute. He's probably my second favorite of the bunch. (Although I may actually pick him if Fennekin does end up being Fire/Fighting...)

Fennekin - There's a reason why Quilava is my favorite Pokemon of all time. It looks cute and tough at the same time. You can cuddle with it like a pet, but it can certainly hold its own in a fight. Fennekin seems to have inherited this trait from the Cyndaquil line, and I'll definitely be picking it as my starter (unless it ends up evolving into yet another Fire/Fighting type...)

Froakie - My least favorite of the bunch, but he'll probably grow on me.

Legendary X - Looks like a Virizion/Arceus fusion. To be honest, his antlers just seem way too big. If they were going for the X shape, they could have bulked out his lower body a bit more.

Legendary Y - This guy looks awesome, and reminds me of one of the kami trio's Therian formes.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

*Looks up at Erebus' quote* ... New battle structure? I wonder what that means? A less confusing battle system? Showing EVs and IVs this time? =PKanye: You hated Wind Waker too, didn't you? =P I honestly don't get the hate. It looks like the sprites we've had all of Generation 4/5; just in model form.

Edited by BZP Blade

They aren't chibi? Again, it seems like Generation 5's sprites... just transformed into models. Granted, Gen 5's sprites were less chibi than say Gen 4's, but... Still. =P I do like the detail, though. And the possible customization aspect.

That's just the camera angle? 0-o If you look, the tall grass is still the same height as one of the small kids, so unless we've got mutant 15 foot tall tall grass, then I'd say it's just the camera angle playing tricks on peoples' eyes(Like how the rollerskating scene makes it seem like X is the same size as a normal person).

Yeah, something about the colors on the trailers seems a little, lighter, I guess. Well, on the Pokemon anyway. For example, just compare that Pikachu's (From the trailer) yellow to another Pikachu from an older game or some art. The yellow is quite a bit lighter... Wait, maybe I was just imagining it. :P

Well, it still seems like it's the slightest bit lighter. Or maybe it's something else.

On another note, I told my friend he'd need a 3DS to get the next Pokemon game (Because like everyone else, I assumed it was going to be a Generation 6 game on the 3DS), so he's gonna have to get one soon if he wants to join me, my sister, and his sister in Generation VI!

Not gonna lie but when I saw the new trailer I was interested but I feel like Gen 6 is going to be the games that I might skip mainly at the fact I have been relearning pokemon since Gen 2 and honestly it has become rather tiring, unless the games actually are good then I might consider trying out one. On another note in B2 I finally caught myself a Tynamo and I usually nickname my pokemon after it's first form Japanese name but I discovered the best name for it ever and named it after Eelektross's french name Ohmassacre.

I'm just ToaD

Two different sprites. =P The camera's closer to the character in that circumstance. It's like when the camera zooms in on Nate; he looks bigger than he actually is. You can see the similarities more in the gym puzzle stuff. Granted; I'll admit, it's not 100% the Gen 5 sprites in model form(I even said that; it's merely similar to them); but when you compare how the sprites themselves look, to what the Gen 4 and 3 sprites looked like, then you'll see it's a logical progression, in a way. And partially likely due to the switch to models in the first place.

The new legendaries have been revealed to be named Xerneas and Yveltal. Hello? I'd like to buy a vowel? This is why they should have stuck to using colors.

'Y' is a vowel

it makes the short 'e' sound

it's pronounced ee-vel-tal

also, the protagonist looks an awful lot like hilbert with a haircut

Edited by Kanye West

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Remember, this is still in development, so the models are by no means final. Besides, it'll look better in 3D.

Not gonna lie once again but I think the graphics are gonna seem nonpokemonish as I really hoped the next game was still in the trademark sprites.

I'm just ToaD

My initial reaction to the new starters was better than when the Gen 5 ones were announced. <3 that Fennec. Chespin looks like Oshawatt's hippy cousin, though. Also digging the Colosseum/DQ9 vibe from the overworld, though it'll feel weird for awhile. Not too sure on the legendaries, but after a few days Yveltal has grown on me a bit.How long before another massive wave of nostalgia overtakes the fanbase, though? :P haha.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~