Now I'm regretting not shelling out those extra 30 dollars for a 3DS. Oh vell...

That deer legendary one looks like the Nightwalker from Princess Mononoke.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I like Yveltal's design better, but I think Xerneas has the better name. "Yveltal" just doesn't seem to roll off the tongue. Maybe it would sound better if it was "Yvetal" or "Yvelta."

Oh, and I realized why I like Chespin so much: he looks like a Grass-Type version of Dewott.

Anyway, I realized that with a new generation comes the potential for new evolutions or pre-evolutions, unless they repeat what they did for Black and White. What 5th generation Pokemon do you think should get a new evolution or pre-evolution?

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Flash Fire

The only reason Flame Body would be better on a Chandelure is so it can defeat Porygon-2, which isn't a threat to you in the PWT. And if you ever get in a situation where all you have left is a Chandelure and your opponent sends out a Porygon-2 with Trace, I'll buy you a beer.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I think I've discovered a new bug in B2W2. I don't know exactly what I did when, but I think I left the Strange House before speaking to the ghost girl for the second time. Now I can't get her to reappear, certain rooms are permanently blocked off, and it looks as though I won't be able to get the Lunar Wing. Not a huge issue, but still a minor annoyance. Don't suppose anyone can help with this?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Chespin is the first grass starter that isn't a reptile.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Unless you count Bulbasaur, which may or may not have been a toad.

@Srakii- Yes, tried that, along with various lists of glitches, and found nothing so far.

the "saur" in the name makes it fairly obvious

Though I am a bit curious as to how Turtwig is a reptile, I never saw it as such. Unless it's just a straight up turtle.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I like Yveltal's design better, but I think Xerneas has the better name. "Yveltal" just doesn't seem to roll off the tongue. Maybe it would sound better if it was "Yvetal" or "Yvelta."

Well, these are Anglicisations of the the Japanese names, right? I'm sure it'll be better once they're localized. ;)

...although, even for Japanese names they are a bit odd...there don't seem to be enough vowels...hmm, poor phonetic transcription, perhaps?

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Well, these are Anglicisations of the the Japanese names, right? I'm sure it'll be better once they're localized. ;)

...although, even for Japanese names they are a bit odd...there don't seem to be enough vowels...hmm, poor phonetic transcription, perhaps?

Nah, the legendaries typically have the same name world wide. Plus they are releasing it in October world wide, and the dates will be very close, so the names we've been given are the English ones for both the starters and legendaries.

Edited by High Voltage

Hey, you guys seen the new opening to the Japanese anime for Episode N? It looks a lot more epic than previous anime openings, and shows the return of two characters: Looker and Charizard. This can be verified in the scene where Charizard shows up out of nowhere and uses Flamethrower to block an attack from Reshiram. Yes, I am completely serious. Watch it yourself if you dont believe me. This is going to be awesome.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Yes. Awesome. Finally, Charizard vs. Reshiram. We've waited so long for this moment. Also Team Plasma is finally going to be introduced after their debut episode was skipped. Most epically, a squadron of Genesect are descending upon the city, I don't know if that shot was from Extreme Speed Genesect or not, but man, I hope they appear in the anime.

aouROFb.png

I saw a trailer of N looking at a screen with a Genesect on it, so I'm gonna assume the movie will be a follow-up from the anime.

A movie? Have a major plot point? Madness!

Seriously, though, if the Genesect platoon descends on Unova in the anime, I highly doubt them wrecking Poke-NYC will be in the movie.

aouROFb.png

I personally hope that Ash gets a video camera and they rip off Cloverfield

It would be more likely for Luke to reappear, but yeah, I doubt they would rip something off like that.

By the way, guys, who's ready for the Keldeo event? I'm definitely getting it, but I just realized that I have no clue what to do to get a Wifi event Pokemon.

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

It's on Mystery Gift on WiFi. So no, there's not really a difference.I got mine today, didn't bother trying for a good nature. I ended up with Mild, which seems good but I don't really know. Its only outstanding stat is SpA, I think, at 28 IVs, so that's good.Not that I'll ever use it, but you know.

No, those are the English names. They're even posted on the official website.

I really like Yveltal, but I do think it could use one less "l."

They probably say it like Yaverutaru or something like that.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

No, those are the English names. They're even posted on the official website.I really like Yveltal, but I do think it could use one less "l."

They probably say it like Yaverutaru or something like that.

No, they also released pronunciations. (ee-VELL-tawl)

Yeah, but the Japanese are going to add some extra vowels in there, and they don't distinguish between r and l either.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

I actually kinda prefer Black/Black 2 to SoulSilver. It had the much better storyline(If we count the two of them together, like Sonic 3 and Knuckles, since Black 2 on it's own is kinda iffy, while the two together document the rise and fall of Team Plasma, and them establishing themselves as a truly good group); and the battle system was much more refined, and faster, than SoulSilver's.I like both of them, since they're my favourites of the series, but really... It's hard to go back to Gen 4 at this time. That said, SoulSilver still has what's likely my most time played of all my Pokemon games. =P I blame my lack of time to play more of Black 2, though; bad timing in getting a new computer right before it released. xD

I just preferred the animation style, and the music. Not to mention the lack of spazztastic battles; Gen V battles always make me really twitchy, because it's urging you to get them over with as fast as possible... which is ironic, considering the lag in, well, everything else. Walk into/out of a building? Sorry, there go a few more seconds. Encountering wild 'Mon? Your shiny hunting time just quadrupled.Gen V did a lot of good stuff, don't get me wrong (and B2/W2 are miles ahead of B/W) but yeah, they were really just buying time until Gen VI. Felt pretty rushed, overall. Maybe it's because I didn't get Soulsilver at release, but Gen V just didn't seem well-timed.Not to mention the boring and sparse events. When are we getting Meloetta, anyway?

I don't recall there being any more loading time between battles and the overworld than there were in the previous games. But yeah, the loading time between maps was a little increased; but, on the other hand, half of that time was already there, just not masked by fancy transition animations in HGSS and so on. =P Probably the only reason you're actually noticing them, is because they're pointed out more by the animations.I definitely do agree; but at the same time, it's in a sense like GSC. It's not truly the same situation, since they hadn't truly gotten into any sort of grooves for releasing games; but both only lasted approximately two years; and both were on only 'minorly' enhanced systems. GBC added colour(Which while some would argue that improved a lot, it didn't alter the screen size or anything major like that); but for the most part, all games on the GBC could be played on the GB; or at least in terms of Pokemon they could. Just like how most DSi games can be played on the DS, but there are indeed some DSi exclusive titles; just not as many, unlike the GBC. So yeah, this was a filler generation; but they did a lot of awesome things, and laid the groundwork for the 3DS titles. Like how the backgrounds for the battles in X/Y look pretty close to the B/W/2 backgrounds, just looking even better, as would be expected.The Meloetta event is definitely a confusing one. 0_o We should've had it by now; wasn't the Kyurem movie already released?

People just love hating Gen V because there are no Kanto mons in it like ultimately thats where like 70% of the hate is generated from. There is almost nothing legitimately wrong with the games outside of a boring Pokedex
So I'm not allowed to dislike other parts of it, just because some people get a little too into their nostalgia trips? That logic's almost worse than what said nostalgia trippers use. Honestly, the Dex has very little to do with it; I just much preferred the presentation of Gen IV games, and don't think the technical advancements were enough to justify a lack of compelling story and rushed gameplay mechanics.

Err...? Did you play the same games we did? 0_o The story was one of the best things about Gen 5; leagues over the last few generations, and more on par with Mystery Dungeon. Granted, it was still 'evil team tries to capture Pokemon to fulfill their plans'; but the presentation of the story was much better; the team appeared more, leaders actually DID something; and there were slight plot twists. Like, sure, it wasn't exactly that hard to guess who N was; but going in blind, it wasn't entirely given away; making the whole 'Oh, you know, I'm the leader of Plasma' all that much more shocking. I was certain he might turn out to be the true main rival... Which he technically did, in a way. =P First person you actively encounter through the storyline and fight, that you fight for the final battle, since Blue.