so, i doofed up with my phone copy of yellow. i deleted the saves and save states without realising when trying to delete stuff from my phone. this wouldnt have mattered if i had started a new game... but this one had one had a proper team, 4 badges 12 badges a level 100 mew (glitched) and had work poured into it. and i deleted all files that contained the save file without knowing. i had just removed 12 hours of hard work in 5 seconds. and i had only just gotten surf and strength. i feel terrible. sorry for the sad story thing. i now know the pain nuzlockers feel when one of their pokemon dies....
;-;

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Kind of off topic, but does anyone have friend codes for Friend Safari?

Mine is 3668-8206-7027 if anyone wants it.

Added. Could you add me too, please?

Also, can anyone tell me what my Friend Safari is? My friend code is 4098-4028-0743.

EDIT: Never mind. I found out.

Added. Apologies for the late reply.

Not sure how to round out this doubles team with Hitmontop, Gardevoir and Aegislash. I've been using Mega Venusaur, but that still leaves the question as to what I should bring to counter my counters. I still have trouble with things like Heatran, too.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 hp/ 252 atk
-Fake out
-Close Combat
-Sucker Punch
-Quick Guard

Provides support, between intimidate and quick guard it keeps Gardevoir from having holes bullet punched in them. Also has the nice ability to stop Talonflame Brave Birds, but I see it open with Tailwind more often than with Brave Bird.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Modest
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 sp.atk/252 speed
-Moonblast
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Psyshock

Aegislash @ Weakness policy
Quiet
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 hp/252 sp.atk
-Shadow Ball
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
-King's Shield

Mixed Aegislash for its perfect coverage. Thought about putting Flash Cannon, but the only fairies I'd want to hit with it take neutral damage from their other type, anyway.

Edit: Please use spoiler tags for storyline spoilers only.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

So, I just have a quick question about the Holo Caster in X/Y:

Anyone else have the issue where it freezes when trying to load Streetpass data? I have a bunch of streetpasses and can't get to them, the loading circle will stop and the game will freeze right after I click on the thing to access them. Anyone know of any fixes, etc?

• 2 weeks later...

So they've released the fancy pattern Vivillon to commemorate 100 million trades on the GTS. I comes with an exclusive move called hold hands.

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a female one of these. I've gotten a Male on both my X and Y games and I wanted to test to see if I could breed the move to other Scatterbug and wonder trade them.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

hey guys theres going to be secert bases

i would post a link but the hyperlink thingy isnt working :(

but its on the uk website

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

• 2 weeks later...

i manged to get a gameboy adavnce sp (with wifi adapter), gold, japenese silver and gold together for £5.50! :D if you want more infor, just browse through /r/pokemon. B)

now then, how to i remove a gameboy catridge screw???!!??

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm looking in to preordering either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, but I'm concerned that I'm gonna preorder from somewhere and then somewhere else gets a preorder bonus :P

Is there anywhere with a preorder bonus gift or whatever right now, or is it too early to know yet?

~ Argentum

Well, I sure haven't posted here in a long time. It's been 3,000 years...

:P

Anyway, I'm really excited for ORAS, mainly because Hoenn is the only region I haven't played a game from. My only Gen 3 game was LeafGreen. Secret bases sort of look like the Underground from Sinnoh, which would be fun to have back. Also, yay for more Megas! I didn't think it was very fair that Blaziken got one but Swampert and Sceptile didn't.

In other news, on Y I decided to train up a few more water types so I could have a full team of them, and while breeding Marills I got a shiny one!:D It has perfect IVs in everything but Speed. Special Attack would have been a better IV to not have, but it's not like Azumarill is used for it's speed anyway so it's fine.:P 

Also, if anyone wants to battle later, send me a friend code!:D

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

So I'm looking in to preordering either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, but I'm concerned that I'm gonna preorder from somewhere and then somewhere else gets a preorder bonus :P

Is there anywhere with a preorder bonus gift or whatever right now, or is it too early to know yet?

I think you get a poster if you pre-order from Gamestop.

Pity Gamestops not in the UK :( what kind of poster is it?

~ Argentum

Pretty sure it's a map of the Hoenn region.

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

Pity Gamestops not in the UK :( what kind of poster is it?

I don't know, the Global Link didn't specify.

So Mega Altaria, Lopunny, and Salamence (and maybe one more? possible) are now things. Salamence looks kinda really disappointing, but Altaria and Lopunny are pretty cool. Altaria becomes our first Dragon/Fairy, and Lopunny gains the Fighting type along with S######. (edit: it's the ability that lets normal moves hit ghosts come on bzp.) So that's pretty awesome.

It looks like there will be an event for a shiny Beldum with its Mega Stone, which is...cool, I guess. Frankly, I think the shiny Mega manages to look even worse than the normal Mega. So. Pretty bad. I guess regular shiny Metagross is as cool as ever, though.

Edited by dotcom
  • Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

So Mega Altaria, Lopunny, and Salamence (and maybe one more? possible) are now things. Salamence looks kinda really disappointing, but Altaria and Lopunny are pretty cool. Altaria becomes our first Dragon/Fairy, and Lopunny gains the Fighting type along with S######. (edit: it's the ability that lets normal moves hit ghosts come on bzp.) So that's pretty awesome.

It looks like there will be an event for a shiny Beldum with its Mega Stone, which is...cool, I guess. Frankly, I think the shiny Mega manages to look even worse than the normal Mega. So. Pretty bad. I guess regular shiny Metagross is as cool as ever, though.

Looks like my French Altaria from white is still gonna stay as my favourite. Also, mega altaria is sooo fluffy. :D And op. > :D

Anyway I'm gonna plan for a singles team for AS.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Altaria (check the spoiler for the item)

Blissey (wall, i guess)

Electawire (The same one from X, which if someone could help me evolve which would be great. :D)

Assualt vest Tyranitar (wall/ physical attacker)

Rotom-w (its pretty op and good, ok)

Umbreon

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you guys could suggest good movesets or changes that would be great!

(oh god, 200 hours more of breeding ;-; )

Edited by Timelady Gallade

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

YES! I wanted Altaria to get retyped to that in XY. It's so adorable! It's definitely my favorite Dragon-type once again (Goodra and Zygarde topped it in XY but its Mega topped both). Mega Lopunny is quite surprising. Seems like the Hoenn dex is gonna get expanded more than just adding Gen 4 evos/pre-evos of Gen 1-3 'mons. Interesting typing, too. The only other Normal/Fighting is Meloetta-P, right? Mega Salamence looks pretty weird but its ability is terrifying. Great news about the Shiny Beldum, though I hope it's not the only way to get Metagrossite (assuming that's what it'll be called), thus making it unobtainable once the window is over like Blazikenite, although it'll certainly be obtainable in ORAS. ARE WE GONNA GET TO DRESS UP IN CONTESTS? AWESOME! Either that or they accidentally confirmed customizable outfits returning. Either way I'm excited. :D

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else notice that they gave May her Wallace Cup outfit for this? xP But wow, that looks so cute and amazing for her. *o* And Brendan's cap-less hairstyle looks pretty awesome too. =O

Also, all hail Jet Plane Salamence.

I wonder if there will be more Megas yet to be revealed? I'm really hoping for Flygon and Milotic, personally.

And yesssss Mega Altaria! So floofy! Dragon/Fairy is an amazing defensive typing  (*Starts breeding Hyper Voice Swablu*).

• Upvote 1

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I wonder if there will be more Megas yet to be revealed? I'm really hoping for Flygon and Milotic, personally.

Well, the games are still a couple months away, which means 2 more months of getting a few more news announcements (which in the absence of any actual new pokemon pretty much means they have to be megas) and we can almost certainly expect for at least a handful of megas to remain unannounced until after the game comes out as well. So yeah, I wouldn't doubt that there's a lot more in store. Keep in mind that there were around 15 Megas in X and Y (more than half) that we didn't know about before they were released, so...if ORAS will have a similar amount of Megas as X and Y (which I would think is probably at least possible) we could have maybe 20 more Megas to look forward to still. Of course, all this is just speculation, but I'd like to remain optimistic.

Personally, I'm hoping that at least a couple of these guys will get Megas: Toxicroak, Luxray, Gallade, Froslass, Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, Roserade, Zangoose, Drifblim, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Maractus, Reuniclus, Chandelure, Haxorus, Bisharp, Pangoro, Meowstic, Eevee, and Trevenant. I mean, most of these are probably really unlikely (especially the gen 5 and definitely the gen 6 mons) but between Diancie and Lopunny getting them (neither of which I really think anyone saw coming) I think anything is probably possible. What I REALLY want, though, is a Ghost/Fairy Mega Mismagius. Please make it so, Game Freak.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

So... what are your guys' opinions on Mega Slowbro and Audino?

Honestly, I would have easily designed Mega Slowbro way differently than the official art; Mega Slowbro is pretty much a Shellder top, and I feel there are better ways to execute the "Shellder taking over Slowbro" idea. 

As for Mega Audino, when I saw Audino, I thought it should be Fairy type, and then it's Mega comes along and boom. Normal/Fairy. I'm surprised Gamefreak chose it for being the 1st Gen V Pokemon to receive a Mega-Evo. I'm interested to see how it operates in battle with its boosted defenses. 

--==My MOCs==--

OH MY GOD IT'S AUDINO

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL

OH MY GOD

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH I NEED IT THIS INSTANT

*calms down*

I, uh, like Mega Audino. It's probably the most exciting Mega from ORAS so far. And not just because it's one of my very favorite Pokemon, as well as one of the ones I thought had the lowest chance of ever getting a Mega, but because this finally officially opens the door to Gen V Megas! This is super exciting. I just hope it's not version exclusive.

Mega Slowbro is hilarious and I like it well enough.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Specuations on what the Mega stones will be called

Mega Sceptile- Sceptite

Mega Swampert- Swamperite

Mega Sableye- Sableite

Mega Altaria- Altarite

Mega Salamence- Salamenite

Mega Metagross- Metagrossite

Mega Lopunny- Loppunite

Mega Diancie- Diancite

Mega Slowbro- Slowbroite

Mega Audino- Audinite

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

So, with school and all I haven't been playing X and Y much, much less working toward getting any competitive Pokes. I don't even know what the Gen 6 guys do. But I decided to try out Showdown, and I've been doing random battles, where all I need to do is make the best play with random stuff.

And I am having a ridiculous amount of fun. The best moment so far has been when I took out five of an opponent's Pokes with a Swanna. Swanna for crying out loud!

~B~

Edited by Ballom
  • Upvote 1

Random battles in Showdown are so so so fun. One time I killed an entire team (which included a couple of legendaries) with a Chatot. Another time, with a Spinda. It was truly beautiful. I haven't done that in ages, though. I should try doing that again soon, 

AXKP5KC.png

LOL. Before gen 6, have anyone tried destroying teams with a lv 1 Aron? It's the best.

I feel like they need to make a Mega evolution for Dragonite. I'm kind of surprised no one had mentioned it, but all other pre-gen 5 pseudo legendaries got one.

Dragonitenite is why this hasn't happened, or they just decided not to do it. That too.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I honestly don't think there's any chance that any of the pseudos are NOT getting Megas. We just haven't heard about Dragonite or Hydreigon (or Goodra), but I'm pretty certain they will be things before too long. If not ORAS, then whatever game comes out after, or after that probably. Now that Megas are things and we know they can just add them mid-gen with a new game, there's honestly no end to the possible Megas we will see.

AXKP5KC.png

It's been a long time since I've made one of these posts, but I got a new shiny! It's a 5IV Audino! He only took 28 eggs! Yay!

Not even sure why I'm this excited since I'm pretty sure whatever color shiny Mega Audino is won't look as cool as the Kyubey look he's got going on now, but still!

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

Guys for my (future) ORAS competitive team, should I use Bronzong? According to Smogon, it has amazing defence and sp.defence and a very nice attack and a nice slow speed, so I think it would work well with my 1spd umbreon. Thoughts?

UPDATE: Starting to work on a moveset.

Hypnosis

Dream Eater

Protect/Flash Cannon

Toxic

OR

Rest

Flash Cannon/Gyro Ball

Toxic

Substitute/Protect/Sleep talk/Payback

EDIT: Can someone suggest a nature? Preferably ones that lower speed.

Edited by Timelady Gallade

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

• 3 weeks later...