Still that is quite a lot of data to store. Do you think a single game cartridge could hold all that data?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Are we counting all the Spinda forms in our completed Dex?

"Some of Spinda's Pokédex entries mention the odds of two Spinda having the same spot pattern as less than one in four billion. Since Spinda's spots are based on its personality value (a 32-bit number), a simplistic model would put the odds at 1 in 4,294,967,295, which is indeed smaller than one in four billion; however, it is actually possible for two personality values to produce spot patterns that are visually identical, so the real odds are somewhat higher." --Bulbapedia

Pokémon Bank holds 1 500 Pokémon so you would need 2 863 312 Pokémon Bank accounts to store all those Spinda.

Well, if you're only mentioning filling in the Pokedex, anyone with an action replay can get everything... :P

I remember that for Gen 5 the AR'ed Dex had all shiny forms, and it may have had the foreign language entries too. I'll have to check my game again sometime.

But yeah, hunting for forms is rather pointless. I got the 26 letter Unown in FireRed, and all 28 in HeartGold, and by the end of each set I was doubting my sanity.

~B~

"Some of Spinda's Pokédex entries mention the odds of two Spinda having the same spot pattern as less than one in four billion. Since Spinda's spots are based on its personality value (a 32-bit number), a simplistic model would put the odds at 1 in 4,294,967,295, which is indeed smaller than one in four billion; however, it is actually possible for two personality values to produce spot patterns that are visually identical, so the real odds are somewhat higher." --Bulbapedia

Pokémon Bank holds 1 500 Pokémon so you would need 2 863 312 Pokémon Bank accounts to store all those Spinda.

Doesn't Pokebank hold 3000 Pokemon, or am I recalling wrong? ._.

But yeah, hunting for forms is rather pointless. I got the 26 letter Unown in FireRed, and all 28 in HeartGold, and by the end of each set I was doubting my sanity.

~B~

I actually got all 28 on my LeafGreen. Even the ! and ? Unowns with their 1% appearance rate. So much fun...

AXKP5KC.png

Well in the case of forms you'd only have to see said form for it to be added to your pokedex and that Poodle Pokémon's different hair cuts do not register, so not sure if Spinda's many forms would each register or just the first four(One for each gender and color). If it did save every single change that would be exponentially the largest single entry in the entire pokedex. You are talking one form for each of the vast many of forms multiplied by 4. Though since Spinda's different patterns are not actual form changes, that could be why. Though that butterfly pokemon with the different wing patterns based on capture region will record each color change. I own 3 or 4 I think. Then again, due to it's appearance being regional over Spinda's PV way of creating it could change how if at all the looks are recorded.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

You're right, my mistake.  You only need 1 431 656 accounts.

You're right, my mistake.  You only need 1 431 656 accounts.

Glad it's so much more realistic a goal :P

Remember though, unless you want to keep every single pokemon, you only have to see it on your game or own it for a single moment in time. Any new versions you can always Wonder trade away...

P.S. Took some doing but I now have every known shiny version of Vivillon on my Pokemon X. The species does not discriminate between genders only Shiny or not. So some alternate forms may not duplicate based on gender. This could reduce the previous calculated value, though maybe not by much...

Also Vivillon seems to be the only pokemon with a pokeball pattern where the shiny variant does not change the red to blue. This is because Vivillon's wings don't change color when becoming shiny. Only it's body does. Where as Normal Vivillon have black/gray on their bodies, Its shiny variant is all white.

Onua.png

So I'm trying to get a Pokemon team together for a tournament. I originally thought I'd just do a standard Sandstorm team, but I want Charizard involved, so I'm looking at being half Sunny Day, half Sandstorm, just to try and throw the opponent's strategy. Not sure how good an idea that is, really, but still. Sandstorm is the style I want, but I also definitely want Charizard in there, so here we are.

So far, my team is this (got all the IVs sorted on them as well):

Tyranitar

Skarmory

Garchomp

Charizard (and I'm thinking Mega Y for that as well)

Any ideas for the final two spots? Obviously need development on the Sunny Day side of things. Also, I know I'm going to be facing a few killer Cloysters, and my team seems like it'd go down easily faced with that. A grass-type Sunny Day-user might fix that, or an Electric. I'm not too sure.

Any ideas?

Is the Tournament. Singles, Doubles or Triple battles.

Perhaps add in Primal Groudon with Solarbeam to deal with water types Unless legendaries are banned

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Electric type with Grass knot be a good choice. My Pikachu has that along with other moves.

Onua.png

Yeah it is great for the larger earth/rock types that Pikachu's electric attacks are void against. My we little Pikachu can topple even the largest of Onyx. The bigger they are the harder they get hit...

Side note: Anyone who has not gotten an eon ticket needs to check out the Cerebii.net main page. It has a Mystery Gift code to get it...

The code is only good for the rest of the day!!

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

Found this cool glitch when looking up where the Arceus plates were

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2wph62/how_to_get_hoopa_volcanion_shiny_yvetal_shiny/

I got myself Hoopa and Volcanion but they won't show up in your pokedex unless you put them in the daycare.

I will release these hacked ones once the official ones are distributed

On another note I've prepared an all Dark team for my playthrough of whatever next Pokemon game is released. They are

Houndour

Carvanha

Skorupi

Spiritomb

Deino

Inkay

I wanted to make a team of Pokemon that an evil trainer would have. Hoopa would be the center of the team if I wasn't going to use any legendaries.

Edited by Takanuinuva

^ Only works if you haven't performed the update from yesterday.

Plus, take care, a lot of the moves sound to be hacked to stuff it shouldn't have even having to be hacked; like roar of time on an AZ Floette.

Yeah they have patched that glitch I heard. My brother told me about this... I grabbed a few Pokémon, but have not gone wild. Been putting off the update until I am sure I know longer want to use it... Or my game stops working without it...

Onua.png

Yeah, just be careful with it, make sure to double check what it actually can learn with what is given, because I've heard some things about illegal moves. =P

And be ESPECIALLY careful, because there's one Pokemon at least on that list that will NOT work for XY, and trying it will probably not go over well with the game, because the data doesn't exist there.

Yeah... I recommend removing any mega stones prior to trading to XY. P.S. you can do this to get the data in your pokedex as doing this glitch wont add them normally. I have done so for the multiple Viviloins. I have a single set of shiny Viviloin on both my X & Y, yet it wont let me trade them to my Ruby game. Could be due to having only 2 badges but I don't know...

Onua.png

Something about that Vivillon isn't passing hack checks; that's probably the answer. Only having two badges shouldn't be it, you can import from Pokebank as soon as you get the Pokedex, so... =/

Also, it's only really an issue if scanning in XY; if you scan in ORAS, it'll just work and won't let you trade until the stone's off. ^^

Yeah I figured that out the hard way when I was trying to get my XY credit for my Shiny Metagros, But then my brother had to remind me he has no mega form in the prior game so I couldn't sent while it was attached... There are 20 different versions of Viviloin I had enough trouble keeping them all strait the first time I did trading to get their data on XY, I don't want to try and do that for my Ruby as well. My hair would turn gray and then fall out...

Onua.png

Eh, I wanted them to have a fully complete Pokedex. I wanted to see what it would look like.

Onua.png

Any of the 3 are good candidates. Since that looks like a sand team, M-Garchomp has a lot to gain from Sand Force (unless it's a more defense or support-oriented Garchomp), but M-Tyranitar has more staying power than normal Tyranitar for setting up sand, although this can be remedied by using an Assault Vest. As for Scizor, the mega is just an upgrade, but one that allows it much more protection and lets it carry out its duty. That is, unless it's an all-out attacking Scizor that would benefit more from a Choice Band. Overall, I recommend Garchomp if it's hyper-offense or Scizor if it's a Swords Dance set with Bug Bite, Bullet Punch and Knock Off.

m-scizor is a better support mon and swords dance user. mega chomp is a powerhouse, but too slow to sweep effectively. i really like him though. i'd mega chomp if just because he looks like such a beast.

anyways so i've had a 22 carat run of bad luck. i started a platinum nuzlocke to give myself something to do; bidoof crits my starly, one of the mons i was looking forward most to training, i get nothing but garbage mons as my first encounter, so by the time i get to gardenia my squad is super grass weak except for budew who has no moves, so i get rekt by her. then i started a white 2 nuzlocke. more bad luck with encounters, some bad luck with cheren slays every mon i have except my oshawott and a purrloin, then my oshawott gets popped by a magnemite's sonic boom and i had to grind up a purrloin as it was the only surviving mon i had. insultingly enough, i lose it to a dunsparce that had rollout. what's a man to do? well, play Y. so i'm nuzlocking that atm and let me tell you i am not losing this one. i am fed up. 

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I like that team! I don't have much experience with Keldeo so I can't really comment on its set (other than it looks overall good) but everyone else looks very good. The right choice for Mega is definitely Garchomp, since M-Tyranitar is much more physical and M-Scizor is more useful when running SD + 3 attacks. Skarmory and Excadrill are pretty standard but tried and true. I'm not sure which of the slashed items is better for Skarmory, guess it all boils down to whether you want the additional safety net Leftovers bring or piling up residual damage from sand with the Rocky Helmet. I'm leaning a little towards the Leftovers but either is a valid choice. If you'd ever like to spar whether it be on ORAS or Pokemon Showdown, I'll gladly oblige.

So I want to form a team for Battle Maison to get a streak of 100 and 200 battles. My plan is to use Contrary Skill Swap Spinda along side a pokemon that can learn stat lowering moves like Superpower Overheat and Close Combat. Along with substitute so it can protect itself so Spinda can skill swap with it 

So my team for doubles would be

Spinda- Focus Sash/Choice Scarf, Max Speed Def and Sp Def Ev's

Skill Swap

Helping Hand

Safeguard

Fake Tears/Baton Pass

Mega Audino- Max Hp Def and Sp Def Ev's

Reflect

Light Screen

Heal Pulse/Pain Split

Heal Bell/Helping Hand

Infernape- Life orb

Overheat

Close Combat

Earthquake

Substitute/Gunk Shot

Don't know who my last Pokemon would be. Another attacker or another supporter

I also think that Spinda and Audino would work with Multi battles with Wally since his Mega Gallade has Close Combat

I would like feedback on this strategy for any possible holes in it.

Edited by Takanuinuva

I'd remove that video because of language.

Also, a much better strategy is to do triples with Endeavor Aron, a Trick Room user, and a Follow Me user.

Substitute also wouldn't work in Doubles if you're targeted by both opponents, and would probably block Skill Swap anyway. And anyway, once you set up Skill Swap the Pokemon affected by it is vulnerable to revenge killing.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

I am in need of fellow Pokeman trainers to assist me in my quest to complete the national pokedex. I currently need a bulbasaur/mudkip/tyrunt. Thank you for your faithful patronage.

Also my motivation for filling the national dex is simple: shiny charm. So I can get this thing.

He'll probably be my Mega on a team of Lucario, Gyarados, Aegislash, Gardevoir, and whoever else. I've been thinking' I should have a good bug type on my team as well, and the first thing that came to mind was escavalier, but I'm not a particularly huge fan of relatively slow Pokemon. The next one that I thought of was Scizor, (both are bug/steel types) but I don't want to have too many Pokemon that can potentially Mega Evolve (for reasons not disclosed) on my team. Also, whereas Mega Charizard X would make good use of physical Dragon-type moves, Mega Lucario wouldn't be too shabby either. And don't even get me started on Mega Gyarados. Sorry for not really being specific on where I'm trying to go with this team, (I'm trying to go for an "all-round" kind of team) but any suggestions?

Edited by The Meta Knight

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

Can I just say something? I really don''t like Pokemon anymore. I loved it. It was a great part of my childhood, and then I kept looking at it. I loved up until Sinoh. Then we got to BandW. I liked it, though some of the Pokemon designs I didn't like. But I was okay with it. The XY rolled around. To me 40%of them were hideous, and 55% were SO stupid. Mega Evolve was cool though. I liked about, what, 10 Pokemon? I also thought the show got worse and worse. I know Pokemon's a cash cow/crow/farm what ever you want to call it, but I think it should just end. I really don't want to see it go from Sort of bad to atrocious. I feel Pokemon can still redeem it's self to me.

But hey thats my opinion

Edited by moamahrimatoro

cringe

Can I just say something? I really don''t like Pokemon anymore. I loved it. It was a great part of my childhood, and then I kept looking at it. I loved up until Sinoh. Then we got to BandW. I liked it, though some of the Pokemon designs I didn't like. But I was okay with it. The XY rolled around. To me 40%of them were hideous, and 55% were SO stupid. Mega Evolve was cool though. I liked about, what, 10 Pokemon? I also thought the show got worse and worse. I know Pokemon's a cash cow/crow/farm what ever you want to call it, but I think it should just end. I really don't want to see it go from Sort of bad to atrocious. I feel Pokemon can still redeem it's self to me.

But hey thats my opinion

Thank you for answering my petition. I'll never forget the help you provided me in my time of need.

As for what was actually said in the post, I can't say I like very many of the new Pokemon either. Some of the new ones are exceedingly cool, (Honedge in mind) but for the most part, there aren't very many good new Pokemon. But X & Y didn't really focus on adding new Pokemon though. It focused on improving existing Pokemon with the edition of Mega Evolution. As for the show, I don't think it's very good at all, but that's just the nature of an anime directed towards kids. I know it used to be way better, and I'm not sure why it's getting worse. (as a side note, X & Y series is WAY better than Best Wishes series.)

Pokemon will always be Pokemon. Just because there haven't been very many good new Pokemon doesn't mean it's getting worse. In fact, I'd say there's lots of things that have been greatly improved in the last couple of generations. If you wanna stop playing Pokemon just because they've got to the bottom of the barrel in terms of new Pokemon, go ahead. That's a good reason to stop playing it. But that doesn't mean it's getting worse. In most people's opinion, (people I know anyway,) it's getting better.

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

But hey thats my opinion

Thank you for answering my petition. I'll never forget the help you provided me in my time of need.

As for what was actually said in the post, I can't say I like very many of the new Pokemon either. Some of the new ones are exceedingly cool, (Honedge in mind) but for the most part, there aren't very many good new Pokemon. But X & Y didn't really focus on adding new Pokemon though. It focused on improving existing Pokemon with the edition of Mega Evolution. As for the show, I don't think it's very good at all, but that's just the nature of an anime directed towards kids. I know it used to be way better, and I'm not sure why it's getting worse. (as a side note, X & Y series is WAY better than Best Wishes series.)

Pokemon will always be Pokemon. Just because there haven't been very many good new Pokemon doesn't mean it's getting worse. In fact, I'd say there's lots of things that have been greatly improved in the last couple of generations. If you wanna stop playing Pokemon just because they've got to the bottom of the barrel in terms of new Pokemon, go ahead. That's a good reason to stop playing it. But that doesn't mean it's getting worse. In most people's opinion, (people I know anyway,) it's getting better.

Thank you for showing I don't hate Pokemon

Anyway, I agree with you. I think also that they are losing ideas, not just with the Pokemon. I feel like select ideas in the series were stupid and just didn't make sense. Maybe I couldn't tell but I think it lost a serious/dark (ok maybe it was never really dark) tone. Change isn't always bad. I feel in EVERY right that old pokemon > new pokemon in every respect. Even the games. The new graphics are great. The mechanics are great. I love Mega Evolve. But the writing and story has gone down in quality. I feel Pokemon is being aimed at more younger kids too- maybe? I don't know any more. I mean, I think, wow, why? Why haven't they ended this yet? When I look at Klefki or Vanilliate. I know your saying it's an anime aimed at kid, but I feel it's was aimed at like 11- 14 year olds to 6 to 9 year olds. Verdict: It's just not the same.

Edited by moamahrimatoro

cringe