I've gotten 3 shinies so far, completely on accident. My first was a Ratatta in SoulSilver, my second was a Sneasel that I hatched in either Platinum or Soulsilver (can't remember :P), and the third was a Krokorok I found in Black. All had terrible natures which didn't really matter because they're generally terrible Pokemon anyway. :confused:And I guess I'd better start breeding those Dratinis for people. :PEdit: I need to stop overusing smilies. *resists urge to put another one here*
ButbutMoxie Krookodile. So much wub.I've encountered four shinies legitimately, none of them in Gen III (excluding in-game shinies). My first was a Heracross in Gold. However, thanks to the wonderfully fragile nature of the Gameboy, I lost the file right after watching it cuz I smacked it against something. The second one I found was a Krabby in Crystal, which I think to date is still on there. Third was a Flaaffy in SoulSilver, which became a beastly Ampharos. Not the greatest IV's or nature, but it was still fun going through most of the game with it. Fourth was a Lillipup I got at the start of B2/W2, which is still a Herdier because I haven't bothered evolving it yet.Gotten plenty through trades and whatnot, though.

I'd love to get lucky and find something shiny with an actually useful nature. But the chance of that is just insanely low.Edit: I got a few of my DW Dratinis hatched, if anyone wants to trade for them them. The parents don't have amazing IVs so I can't breed for perfect IVs or anything, but the babies still have their DW abilities and Adamant natures, so that counts for something I guess. Most of them so far are female too. I'll trade for just about anything really, it's not too much work for me to hatch these.

Edited by Senrab

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Currently trying to fill the National Pokedex on White 2. Even if you transfer one Pokemon from each evolutionary family, it's still a lengthy task evolving everything...Also, remember that BZP tournament we were planning a while back- I have a couple of quick questions on that. Firstly, what did we decide on with regards to "wild card" Pokemon (Pokemon not of your team's type) How many can you have, and do they need to have moves of your Pokemon's type?Secondly, some Pokemon tier classifications have changed recently- Garchomp is now OU, for example. Do we just use whatever the "official" tiers are at the time of our battles?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

@Sirius: The Dream World is basically a thing where you use 'Game Sync' after registering an account on the Pokemon Global Link website. You 'tuck in' a Pokemon and it shows up on the Dream World (On the global link website) and you can do stuff there to get berries, items, or pokemon. You can only 'tuck in' a Pokemon once a day, though, and it's only on Black and white or BW2.
Man I'm old... I think I'll pass on using it as BW and BW2 are not my favorite pokemon games. Anyway I decided after getting all 493 pokemon in platinum (man I loved platinum) I've decided to go for all 386 pokemon on one of my gen III games.Edit:First shiny was in Fire Red a blue ditto didn't know why it was blue so I killed it, then my sis found a blue psyduck (I'm pretty sure it had pokerus too as my team got it after it was caught) real early in platinum which is why I never reset the file, then while corphish hunting in Sapphire I found a shiny goldeen, in white I got a shiny Snivy from the gts. Edited by Emperor Sirius
I'm just ToaD

So just beat the Hoenn league for the first time on the new file, anyway my trump card is my Sceptile and it can learn Dragon claw the question is should I use the TM on him or teach it to my Flygon, Sceptile's moves are leaf blade, slam, agility, and double team and Flygon knows fly, crunch, screech, and dragon breath.

Edited by Emperor Sirius
I'm just ToaD

Already have it just not sure who to teach it to... then again if I do happen across Dragon users my Walrein destroys them, might aswell give my Trump card another powerful move though what should he forget.

Edited by Emperor Sirius
I'm just ToaD

Well there you go, problem solvedOn an unrelated note: I'm stuck in LeafGreen becuase I can't beat Misty, her Starmie knocks my pokémon around like nobody's business. Any suggestions?

Edited by Kopakamidak

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Ugh, May's Starmie. If I recall correctly, I just went and caught a Meowth, then spammed Pay Day in wild battles until I could afford enough potions to PP-stall the monster....you know, I find myself PP-stalling Gym Leaders more often than I care to admit, despite training my team for the next Gym before I'm even finished with the one I'm at. I should really figure out where I'm going wrong and remedy that. :embarased:

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

played my pokemon emerald and when i started up the game it told me my internal battery was dead so no more time based events for me on emerald

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

man its been awhile but if i remember i just used my ivysaur. i have a bad habit of getting my pokemon 2 really high levels early in the game. have also been purposefully not evolving them till they get their best moves that what i did with my typhlosion kept him cyndaquil till he learned eruption.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well, I don't have an Ivysaur, so there's that. I picked Charmander as my starter pokémon, now a Charmeleon.Though, I recently caught this Bellsprout, I'm planning on relying on that one when I try again, for the fourth time, I also have a Pikachu.

Edited by Kopakamidak

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

well i would definitely go with the bellsprout.must say i have recently started using a combination for triple battles i have a garchomp with sand veil and a tyranitar with that ability that causes sandstorm. any suggestion on what pokemon i should throw in since the sandstorm boosts my garchomps evasion? i'm thinking of my typhlosion

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Try a pokémon with Sand Force or Sand Rush, like Excadrill or Shellos
wait what exactly do those do again?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

My Pokemon just got Pokerus in White 2 yesterday, actually! It's totally useless because I have an endless supply of infected Pokemon in all of my games from 4th gen onward, but still somewhat neat.In addition, in White I once hatched a Ferroseed that was born with Pokerus (pretty cool as well), and I got Pokerus in Sapphire once, apparently, because some guys showed having recovered from it, although I never saw it active in time to save it.~B~

My Rotom is my only pokemon who still has it but I plann to put him with uninfected pokemon as it will be a great help in my traing of another team in platinum, thanks to the rus my Giritina became a monster. Recently I was able to find out what pokemon gave it to me in the first place and I learned it was the shiny psyduck my sister found, so in simple its the greatest thing to happen to me in pokemon.

Edited by Emperor Sirius
I'm just ToaD

My first shiny I encountered (besides the Red Gyarados) was a shiny Nidoran or Ponyta in Gold version. Didn't catch either of them, unfortunately (though not for lack of trying).The first and only shiny I actually caught (again, besides ones that are handed to you on a silver platter) was a shiny Trapinch on Ruby version. It's still on one of my games, though I forget which one.And I had the insane luck (if you could call it luck) to have Pokerus on my entire team on Ruby version when my internal battery died. What this meant was that the internal clock stopped, which may have stopped all time-based events (like growing berries or getting the Department store rooftop sale, much to my dismay), but also kept Pokerus from ever expiring. Because of this, it's very easy for me to spread it to a Pokemon I intend to transfer to Gen IV (or subsequently to Gen V). I essentially have a lifetime supply of Pokerus! Currently my Victini on Black Version is the only Gen V Pokemon of mine that still has it contagious (to my knowledge), but since it's stored away in my box I can spread it easily without going through all those steps.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

My Emerald (From eBay) has The 'Internal Battery Has Run Dry', so I can't grow berries and this market sale thing, that's all, right? Can you see nighttime with an internal battery, or is that exclusive to Gen IV-Onward?Also, if they did do BW3, it would probably be 'SUnova' a sunny Unova where you have to stop the evil shiny tornadus (Who is sun colored :P) from making everything summer. =P

My Emerald (From eBay) has The 'Internal Battery Has Run Dry', so I can't grow berries and this market sale thing, that's all, right? Can you see nighttime with an internal battery, or is that exclusive to Gen IV-Onward?Also, if they did do BW3, it would probably be 'SUnova' a sunny Unova where you have to stop the evil shiny tornadus (Who is sun colored :P) from making everything summer. =P
Nope, Gen III didn't have any differences for daytime and nighttime. The main things time governed were berry growth, the water level in Shoal Cave (which changed every six hours), Eevee's evolution (which, rather than being based on day and night, was based on whether it was an a.m. or a p.m. hour), and daily events like the lottery, the dept. store sale, or Mirage Island. FireRed and LeafGreen didn't have an internal clock at all.Pretty much the only thing teased in Gen V that hasn't been covered in either the original Black and White or their sequels is having the original dragon that Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem split from be obtainable, and that's the kind of thing that could easily be pushed to another generation. In fact, if they did make another sequel with the original dragon as the box legendary, it would make sense for it to be an actual "Grey Version" (with all three dragons obtainable). With the Team Plasma storyline wrapped up almost completely, though, I don't see it happening.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother