im going for all the medals in black 2. got my mono-type steel champion medal (lucario/magnezone/genesect/excadrill/ferrothorn/heatran) and now i'm gonna take on the pokemon league with bug.

how does armaldo, genesect, volcarona, gavantula, leavanny, heracross sound to y'all? i do kinda have a gaping fire/rock/fighting weakness (which might end up being problematic 'cause theres a fighting trainer) but i'm working with some strict limitations (only one DS and nobody to wifi trade with yo)

after this i think i'm gonna challenge with fire or fighting.

four of your pokemon resist fighting, what are you talking about

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

holy arceus guys.Did you guys here about the 3D Gold and Silver? I think it came out a few days ago.. It looks really good. I don't know if it's complete or not, but seriously. Google it. =PEDIT: Seems like there's a lot of traffic for it right now, I don't think you can access the actual game. It goes up to Violet City, so it's not complete. But tuck it into the back of your mind.

Edited by Nara

My main concern about fighting type was my lack of supereffective moves, but ghost and dark actually proved to be the most challenging.

I'm starting the fire challenge now, and my team consists of Arcanine, Volcarona, Chandelure, Heatran, and Emboar right now. As for the last member I'm thinking of Charizard because I have a well-bred Charizard sweeper or Reshiram because of typing advantages against Water.

This might be a Sunny Day team because fire is a great sweeping type but not great defensively, what with its gaping weaknesses.

Yeah, I would go with Reshiram, so you have more options if your opponent gets in a Stealth Rock. Ideally, you would have a Rapid Spinner, but I don't know if there's a fire-type that can learn that.

Also, you might want a Ninetales with Drought (hidden ability). That would be great if you choose to use a Sun team.

EDIT: Torkoal is the only fire-type Rapid Spinner.

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

• 2 weeks later...

So, I caved and bought Black 2 on amazon. what should I be expecting? (keep in mind I have played white, and now have a 3DS)

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

It's fun and has more polish overall, but there wasn't anything revolutionary in it.

Anyways big question- there's a challenge medal for completing the Elite 4 with only one Pokemon. Now I know a lot of 'mons can do this with EV training and a high enough level, but which are the best 'mons for the job?

It's fun and has more polish overall, but there wasn't anything revolutionary in it. Anyways big question- there's a challenge medal for completing the Elite 4 with only one Pokemon. Now I know a lot of 'mons can do this with EV training and a high enough level, but which are the best 'mons for the job?

Well, if you have an Arceus, you can change its plate between battles for maximum effectiveness.~B~

It's fun and has more polish overall, but there wasn't anything revolutionary in it. Anyways big question- there's a challenge medal for completing the Elite 4 with only one Pokemon. Now I know a lot of 'mons can do this with EV training and a high enough level, but which are the best 'mons for the job?

I took pretty much all of the Elite Four out with a (Justified) Lucario; the only real trouble you'll get is Marshall's Sawk, with its hax Sturdy ability. If you attach a Focus Sash for that particular battle, shouldn't give you any problems. Edited by Dorek

I got my first Pokemon game , Pokemon White, on new years eve eve. :D So far I have defeated 5 gyms and I have a level 42 Emboar called Teep with a Quick Claw. I also have a Simisage called Greg who is level 16, a level Herdier a Tranquill a Timburr and a Basculin called Blueeye that I traded my Minccino for. :D

Mind you, Leader Club is pretty easy. :)

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Did your ability come into play at all? I've already got an Inner Focus Luc lying in the wings.

Depends on how stupid the AI is. Inner Focus (or Steadfast, for that matter) works against Grimsley's Purrloin, which always opens with Fake Out, but since you'll be slaughtering his whole team anyway, it doesn't matter in the long run. I just find it satisfying when he's foolish enough to hit you with a dark move. Since dark moves and flinch moves are few and far between (I don't recall any flinch moves besides Fake Out) it won't make any noticeable difference. I think the rematch teams might be a bit different in challenge mode, but the principle should be the same. Edited by Dorek

Anyone wanna Battle? I'm bored. and yes my team contains 3 lvl100's. but they have been taken down by lvl 60s. rare candies are stupid.

anyway... my friend code is in my sig.

Edited by Shock wave

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

So I got two new Pokemon games Black 2 and Stadium, and I'm not gonna lie, I prefer stadium over Black 2 even though Black 2 has impressed me somewhat. Now I plan to get the original Red and Blue so I can clear through stadium without using rentals often, though I did clear the Pokeball cup with basically a rental Marowak.

I'm just ToaD

Good luck dude. I know how hard it is finding GBA cartridges, I can only imagine how rare the originals are.

Not that rare considering we have a collectors vault store near here along with plenty of pokemon games and the N64 gamepack, on topic cleared part of the gym leaders castle in stadium now onto Misty.

I'm just ToaD

I'd like some advice from all of you who know your Pokemon. My current team in White 2 is Dewott, Leavanny, Lucario, Electabuzz, Darumaka, and Crobat. I'm currently aiming for the Quake Badge, but if anyone could suggest moves that could help out in the entirety of the game, or any replacement Pokemon(though I have gotten attached to these little guys), thank you in advance.

Also, who else here LOVES selling Casteliacones to that maid on Route 5? It's super easy making money off of her.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

your team looks really solid. you're half weak to ground but your other three make up for it. once you evolve all of them you should be set.

as for moves? well, typically the higher base power with high accuracy the better. also, if you can help it, try not to have more than one of the same type of move on each mon, unless they have really different uses.

Edited by Kanye West

I'd like some advice from all of you who know your Pokemon. My current team in White 2 is Dewott, Leavanny, Lucario, Electabuzz, Darumaka, and Crobat. I'm currently aiming for the Quake Badge, but if anyone could suggest moves that could help out in the entirety of the game, or any replacement Pokemon(though I have gotten attached to these little guys), thank you in advance.

Also, who else here LOVES selling Casteliacones to that maid on Route 5? It's super easy making money off of her.

You might want to leave out Electabuzz, as it can't really use it's STAB moves and has to rely on weaker coverage moves. Against a Pokemon with a type advantage, I don't think it could last long enough to beat Clay's Pokemon. I also happen to be at the same point in the game. I have Lucario, Tranquil, Dewott, Zorua, Monferno, and Deerling. The only decent Pokemon in my PC are Marill, Sigilyph, and the Flaafy I would be training instead of N's Zorua had it not been for Excadrill. What should I do?

And yes, selling Casteliacones is awesome. I might also sell her some extra Berry Juices.

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

your team looks really solid. you're half weak to ground but your other three make up for it. once you evolve all of them you should be set.

as for moves? well, typically the higher base power with high accuracy the better. also, if you can help it, try not to have more than one of the same type of move on each mon, unless they have really different uses.

Thanks, I was sorta worried about the weakness to Ground, but I have confidence that Dewott and Leavanny can tango with them just fine. And I've been considering Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, and Swords Dance for Leavanny, though I'm not sure what to use in the last slot. I definitley want Ice Beam on my starter when I get it. Not sure about the others still.....

You might want to leave out Electabuzz, as it can't really use it's STAB moves and has to rely on weaker coverage moves. Against a Pokemon with a type advantage, I don't think it could last long enough to beat Clay's Pokemon. I also happen to be at the same point in the game. I have Lucario, Tranquil, Dewott, Zorua, Monferno, and Deerling. The only decent Pokemon in my PC are Marill, Sigilyph, and the Flaafy I would be training instead of N's Zorua had it not been for Excadrill. What should I do?

And yes, selling Casteliacones is awesome. I might also sell her some extra Berry Juices.

I wasn't really planning on putting Electabuzz in the fight, because the only move that can affect Ground types he has is Swift.....

I think you should main with Dewott, as I don't think Deerling has any worthwile Grass-type moves to use on Clay's Pokemon. I'm not so sure the Unfezant line is so great to use, I'm pretty sure other Flying-types like Braviary, Sigilyph, and Crobat should be better. But I'm no expert, and if you want to use Tranquill if you want. Also, did you transfer from some Gen IV game? :P

:o

electivire is king

Electivire is, but I don't have an Electitrizer yet....

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JiMing (TF2 Spy)" data-cid="487320" data-time="1357523530"><p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kanye West" data-cid="486924" data-time="1357452626"><p>your team looks really solid. you're half weak to ground but your other three make up for it. once you evolve all of them you should be set.<br /> <br />as for moves? well, typically the higher base power with high accuracy the better. also, if you can help it, try not to have more than one of the same type of move on each mon, unless they have really different uses.</p></blockquote>Thanks, I was sorta worried about the weakness to Ground, but I have confidence that Dewott and Leavanny can tango with them just fine. And I've been considering Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, and Swords Dance for Leavanny, though I'm not sure what to use in the last slot. I definitley want Ice Beam on my starter when I get it. Not sure about the others still.....<br /> <br /> <br /> <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dralcax" data-cid="487082" data-time="1357500014"><p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JiMing (TF2 Spy)" data-cid="486899" data-time="1357449953"><p>I'd like some advice from all of you who know your Pokemon. My current team in White 2 is Dewott, Leavanny, Lucario, Electabuzz, Darumaka, and Crobat. I'm currently aiming for the Quake Badge, but if anyone could suggest moves that could help out in the entirety of the game, or any replacement Pokemon(though I have gotten attached to these little guys), thank you in advance.<br /> <br />Also, who else here LOVES selling Casteliacones to that maid on Route 5? It's super easy making money off of her.</p></blockquote>You might want to leave out Electabuzz, as it can't really use it's STAB moves and has to rely on weaker coverage moves. Against a Pokemon with a type advantage, I don't think it could last long enough to beat Clay's Pokemon. I also happen to be at the same point in the game. I have Lucario, Tranquil, Dewott, Zorua, Monferno, and Deerling. The only decent Pokemon in my PC are Marill, Sigilyph, and the Flaafy I would be training instead of N's Zorua had it not been for Excadrill. What should I do?<br /> <br />And yes, selling Casteliacones is awesome. I might also sell her some extra Berry Juices.</p></blockquote>I wasn't really planning on putting Electabuzz in the fight, because the only move that can affect Ground types he has is Swift..... <br /> <br />I think you should main with Dewott, as I don't think Deerling has any worthwile Grass-type moves to use on Clay's Pokemon. I'm not so sure the Unfezant line is so great to use, I'm pretty sure other Flying-types like Braviary, Sigilyph, and Crobat should be better. But I'm no expert, and if you want to use Tranquill if you want. Also, did you transfer from some Gen IV game? :P<br /> <br /> <br /> <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kanye West" data-cid="487313" data-time="1357522400"><p>:o<br /> <br />electivire is king</p></blockquote>Electivire is, but I don't have an Electitrizer yet....</p></blockquote>No, I didn't transfer. I got the code for the Chimchar with Iron Fist event, and I spent an hour at Flocessy Ranch searching for a Riolu.

aouROFb.png

Electivire is awesome. Almost the MVP of my team.Anyway, is anyone else excited about the international announcement Game Freak is going to make on the 8th? The fact that it isn't just going to Japan is big enough news.However, at the same time, because it is an international announcement, I don't expect them to be revealing a game. I could be very wrong though. If anything, I really want them to announce the RSE remakes. D': My local Gamestop doesn't sell GBA games anymore, much less DS Lites, so compatibility is starting to fade out. Not that you can't get all the Hoenn Pokemon with a few DS games.

I sort of doubt RS remakes just cause B2/W2 were more ambitious than the usual third edition. Nintendo probably wants the fifth gen to end, since we've had nine main series DS games with nothing for the 3DS on the horizon yet.

Off topic, am I the only one still rocking a DS lite?

Edited by Kanye West

I never was, which is why I got into 4th gen super late and why I'm sad that I missed out on a lot of it; HeartGold/SoulSilver are still my favorite games.I'd love Gen III remakes out of the announcement, but if it's just going to be using the B2W2 engine, I'd prefer to wait; Gen V always felt like something they never fully realized, so I'd prefer a retooled system before they go any further.

They could announce RS remakes for the 3DS, which wouldn't surprise me. Seems like a whole ton of people want them; what better way to make more money than to force people to get a 3DS?I was rocking my DS Lite until I dropped it one day and the right side of my top screen unlatched. Then I dropped it again and it completely blacked out on me, the top screen. I use it for GBA games now, but hopefully I won't need to for very much longer :>

I had an original DS, and I waited through the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL, just knowing they'd make something better. Then I got a 3DS to replace my super-duper old but still working original DS (Which I still use sometimes for GBA and Pokemon).

Anyways, on topic, I'm really excited about the news tomorow! It seems when I'm really excited about something, I always have a dream that it's not as good as I thought. o.O

(Like before I got my Original DS =P)

Pokemon DirectLooks like we've got a time and place. I'm not familiar with the name Iwata, though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------Satoru Iwata? As in, the president of Nintendo? ;) I'll just quote that article since the comments on it are HIGHLY inappropriate. :/

According to an anonymous source who’s apparently successfully leaked Pokémon-related news in the past, the big Pokémon news being revealed tomorrow, via a short Nintendo Direct broadcast, will focus on two new projects – an original game for Nintendo 3DS and an application for Wii U.

The source claims that ‘Pokémon Rainbow’ is in the works for Nintendo 3DS. The unconfirmed game will supposedly encompass the settings and Pokémon creatures from generations one to four. The source also claims that a Wii U application featuring a globe with five Pokémon – Pikachu, Munna Treeko, Cyndaquil and Piplup – on its logo will be introduced.

This is what the anonymous source wrote in its entirety:

The announcement is, more or less, a love letter to the franchise. It’s being called Pokemon Rainbow, a 3DS game that encompasses the settings and Pokemon from generations 1-4: Red and Blue, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, and Diamond and Pearl. You can take my word for it that the graphics are done up very nicely. The perspective is similar to what you’d expect from Pokemon games, but the camera is much more dynamic. The graphical style is characterized by very clean, dark lines. Almost cartoonish, but not quite. Battles look radically different, and move away from the use of pixel art. Though it seems that the interface is still made of pixels. The battle that it shown is between a totally new trainer and a wild Weedle. The trainer uses a Pikachu.

I’m not privy to any story details, as I only know what will be announced tomorrow. The story is concurrent with Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 in terms of timeline. There are over 20 new Pokemon, and two will be revealed tomorrow. One is an evolution of an older Pokemon Eevee, called Draconeon. The other is a totally new Pokemon, called Verbill. It looks like a rodent, much like the Pokemon Patrat, but has a sort of pirate theme going on.

A Wii U app will be launched along with the game, which will be announced tomorrow. However, all that will be said is that the app will be addressed “at a later date”. The logo for the app features a globe with Pikachu, Munna, Treeko, Cyndaquil, and Piplup popping out from various countries.

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Junichi Masuda has put up this message on his blog.

At last! The time has come.On Tuesday, 8th of January. At 8.00pm of Japan time,we will announce some Pokémon news to everyone!!I would like everyone to check it out!I would like everyone to share this moment withyour family, love ones, friends and colleagues!!Of course, everyone who love Pokémon,but those who don’t know Pokémon yet are also welcome to join us!I want everybody to check this info, thereforeplease spread and share this information at office,school, club activities, any circle!!I would like everyone to share and spread this news widely!In Japan You can check official Pokémon website at 8:00PM on January the 8th.For the exact time of the announcement in your time zone, please check the official Nintendo website.You can find the links below.I am also looking forward to it!Ciao!Japan8th(Tue) 8:00PMUSA Eastern Time8th (Tue) 6:00AMUSA Pacific Time8th (Tue) 3:00AMUnited Kingdom8th(Tue)11:00AMFrance, Italy, Germany, Spain8th (Tue) 12:00PM
Welp, looks like the hype train's at full speed now. With this much promotion this is either going to be Gen VI, something brand new, or absolutely nothing of any importance.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

S'pose I was wrong about it not being anything very interesting; looks like it'll be a fairly big announcement. I'm just hoping it'll have concrete details rather than conceptual info.

Anyhow, because I'm a sucker for Pokemon and because I can sleep in because of afternoon classes, I'm staying up for it. Who's with me!

S'pose I was wrong about it not being anything very interesting; looks like it'll be a fairly big announcement. I'm just hoping it'll have concrete details rather than conceptual info. Anyhow, because I'm a sucker for Pokemon and because I can sleep in because of afternoon classes, I'm staying up for it. Who's with me!
I miiiight have gotten on the hype train and gotten up early to watch it.It was worth it, though.pxpy.jpg3d2.jpg3d6.jpgNew generation in cel-shaded 3D on the 3DS, worldwide release in October. The train don't stop. Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

The fire starter is a Fennec! I love fennecs. And it might not evolve into a Fire/Fighting type. Yay!

Is that meant to be a Pokefied version of the Eiffel Tower? Does this mean we're getting a region based on France?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231