I thought it was way too heavy handed, personally. Much like most of Gen V, I'm okay with the idea, not the execution. People think that the story was better because the evil team wasn't exactly after world domination, but something more real. Since your B/W player character ends up as the chosen savior of mankind (and Pokekind), for the most part, I think it got a bit out of hand.And N... ugh, was not his biggest fan. Granted, far more interesting than your D/P/P rival(s), but I expected a lot more from him. Compared to most of your other rivals, he goes through very little character growth, even from B/W to B2/W2; I'm glad he's not in the latter one as much.The Gym Leaders stepping up was a nice touch, though, for sure. They really did next to nothing in D/P/P, and minimal self-contained activities in Hoenn and Johto.I'm hoping X/Y turn out to be very expansive; B2/W2 have a great sized map, but you're thrown headlong from one place to the next (Lentimas town ended up being rather pointless, which is a bummer, because it had some personality) until you hit the postgame, at which point exploring doesn't have the same kick. I've seen plenty of people ask for an open-world console RPG, but I'd just like the handhelds to take cues from that; the freedom of exploration without missions constantly hanging over your heads.

People just love hating Gen V because there are no Kanto mons in it like ultimately thats where like 70% of the hate is generated from. There is almost nothing legitimately wrong with the games outside of a boring Pokedex
So I'm not allowed to dislike other parts of it, just because some people get a little too into their nostalgia trips? That logic's almost worse than what said nostalgia trippers use. Honestly, the Dex has very little to do with it; I just much preferred the presentation of Gen IV games, and don't think the technical advancements were enough to justify a lack of compelling story and rushed gameplay mechanics.

See that's such a vague answer that it really just sounds like you're justifying a nostalgia trip.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

And that's such a non-reply that it just sounds like I'm being trolled.I didn't like Gen V as much as I liked previous generations, simple as that. It wasn't bad, but compared to previous games, there were a number of things that I think were unnecessary (as detailed above) and that said things outweigh the positive aspects.

It's been a while, I'd like to try this again.

I'm looking to borrow an event Regigigas (the Toys 'R' US one) to complete my National Dex in my Gen IV games. It's literally the only thing keeping me from completing it. If anyone would like to help, please PM me. Remember, it has to be from a Gen IV game. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

If Black 2 and White 2 hadn't been released, I could probably agree that HeartGold and SoulSilver were slightly better if only for having the polish that comes with being the last games in a generation. But now it's not so clear-cut.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC, go into the amusement park area and go straight down. The item ball should be there. I could be wrong, though.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Guys...Guys.What if...Now I know it's crazy, but hear me out - what if...This new Eeveelution?Is just an actual evolution for Eevee?*hides for fear of tomatoes and other rotten produce*~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Guys...Guys.What if...Now I know it's crazy, but hear me out - what if...This new Eeveelution?Is just an actual evolution for Eevee?*hides for fear of tomatoes and other rotten produce*~|ET|~

the only thing i don't like about this idea is it implies the other evolutions aren't actual evolutions

Not to brag but I got three cards from 1996 for £1 yesterday. :P

And those disk thingis. I've got Hitmonlee, Sandshrew and Sandslash. :3

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I think the new Eeveelution is either Normal or Dragon type. The other Eeveelutions types are all those that were Special between the Gen 4 Physical/Special split. The only remaining Special type without an Eeveelution is Dragon. It looks like a Normal type, but why would Game Freak break this pattern?

Edited by Canis

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

What I hope they put into X and Y is the option to change clothes. I saw the player character in the video for the new versions looking in a mirror, so I hope that will happen.

My name is Riru. Fear me! Muhahahahaha....... wait, did I say that out loud?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

What I hope they put into X and Y is the option to change clothes. I saw the player character in the video for the new versions looking in a mirror, so I hope that will happen.

This is the #1 feature I've desired since I started playing Pokemon.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

There's been a bit of a pattern with the kinds of Pokemon found in each generation...

Gen I: All original Pokemon (duh)

Gen II: Some more original Pokemon, with the addition of some evolutions and pre-evolutions of Gen I Pokemon. Gen I Pokemon still appear early in the game.

Gen III: Focus is on the new species of Pokemon, and pokes from the two previous generations are fairly sparse. No new evolutions and very few pre-evolutions are introduced.

Gen IV: Shifts focus back to previous-generation Pokemon, introduced over a dozen new evo's and several new prevo's for them.

Gen V: Completely takes the focus away from previous generation Pokemon, which do not even appear in the main story. No new evos or prevos.

So, in keeping with the pattern, we will probably be seeing a lot more new evolutions and the return of previous generation Pokemon in the main storyline (the trailers seem to confirm this, along with the Eeveelution reveal). Thoughts?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

There's been a bit of a pattern with the kinds of Pokemon found in each generation...

Gen I: All original Pokemon (duh)

Gen II: Some more original Pokemon, with the addition of some evolutions and pre-evolutions of Gen I Pokemon. Gen I Pokemon still appear early in the game.

Gen III: Focus is on the new species of Pokemon, and pokes from the two previous generations are fairly sparse. No new evolutions and very few pre-evolutions are introduced.

Gen IV: Shifts focus back to previous-generation Pokemon, introduced over a dozen new evo's and several new prevo's for them.

Gen V: Completely takes the focus away from previous generation Pokemon, which do not even appear in the main story. No new evos or prevos.

So, in keeping with the pattern, we will probably be seeing a lot more new evolutions and the return of previous generation Pokemon in the main storyline (the trailers seem to confirm this, along with the Eeveelution reveal). Thoughts?

I never thought of that; I think that'll be the case as well. I just hope that the starters have better movepools this time around; Serperior's was terrible, and so was Samurott's, to a lesser extent.

Also, apparently someone took notice of some of the moves that the starters use in the intro vid; Froakie looked like it used a Fighting move, Fennekin a Psychic one, and Chespin a Dark one. If those types turn out to be their secondary ones, I'll be stoked.

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

Also, apparently someone took notice of some of the moves that the starters use in the intro vid; Froakie looked like it used a Fighting move, Fennekin a Psychic one, and Chespin a Dark one. If those types turn out to be their secondary ones, I'll be stoked.

The Gen 6 starters are all pure types.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

i want a light type. really, really bad.

Noooo, the types are so perfectly balanced now, how would Light fit into things?
Perfectly? Dragon seems overpowered to me. It resists several common types and there is no currently existing Pokémon with a type combination that both resists Dragon and hits for STAB super effective damage.

aouROFb.png

Ice is a pretty common offensive type, and Dragon is a fairly rare defensive type. I stand by my statement that Pokemon is balanced and there's no place for a new type.

If anything, make Ice resist one more thing because it's not too good these days. Make it resist Grass or something, I don't care.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

The Gen 6 starters are all pure types.

I'm talking about their evolutions.

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

i want a light type. really, really bad.

Noooo, the types are so perfectly balanced now, how would Light fit into things?

they're balanced... in theory. in terms of like 'ok this resists x things and hits y things which are fair numbers' but then you get that fighting type that is so insanely overwhelming that little to nothing can check it that has a niche in OU. like, terrakion is so incredibly powerful that 'mons like nidoqueen, slowbro, and golurk appear in OU JUST to switch in.

to be honest they really aren't balanced at all. dragon and fighting types are too strong. i don't see light being super effective against dragon but i could certainly see it against fighting. i could also see the underwhelming psychic type resisting it, which buffers it nicely.

tl;dr its SE against fighting to nerf that a bit and resisted by psychic to give that more purpose.

Why would Light be super effective against Fighting?

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

I think Light and Dark should both be SE against each other, sort of how Ghost and Dragon are weak to themselves.

No, Dark is the "evil" type, it just didn't translate well because it had already been established that Pokemon cannot be good or evil. It would make more sense if Light was super effective against Dark but not vice versa, because think about it, who robs a bank in broad daylight?

aouROFb.png

Wouldn't Light and Dark cancel each other out? =P Then again... Darkness doesn't seem like it would be super-effective on light. Sounds like Light would just make Dark an even worse offensive type...Of course, what do I know? =P
Except that Dark type doesn't represent Darkness. It's the Evil Type.