Well, since I purchased Black 2, I transferred my good ol Garchomp over after obtaining a few badges. Now, instead of Serperior, Garchomp is my new companion, my main Pokemon, if you will. It's been a lot of fun, but my friend doesn't like me using him in battles. Personally, I don't understand that. If you guys could explain that to me, I would feel a lot better. Anyway, I haven't been on BZpower in a while, so I apologize if anything pertaining to me is missed for a while.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

Dear God, they'd better not add a light type. It would be massively redundant and moronic, and every option that people claim would be a candidate for light type does easily fit in fire, normal, or electric.~B~

Edited by Ballom

Sinnoh Battle Tower Adventures:

I faced a Glalie that had Sheer Cold. And it hit twice. Twice in a row.

Thankfully I won in the end thanks to Dragonite owning the rest of his team.

But I lost in the next battle mainly because a Weavile landed a crit with Ice Shard, but I think it was moreso a misplay with my earlier moves.

--==My MOCs==--

>implying dark type and ghost type aren't redundant

Dark was somewhat redundant, but introduced mainly to prevent psychic from being so absurdly broken. Now, there's no need for a new type to do that.

~B~

Fighting types! Fighting types are so insanely powerful in this metagame! Fighting is too strong and Psychic is too weak. This leaves a perfect niche for my Light type.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

>implying dark type and ghost type aren't redundant

Dark was somewhat redundant, but introduced mainly to prevent psychic from being so absurdly broken. Now, there's no need for a new type to do that.

~B~

Fighting types! Fighting types are so insanely powerful in this metagame! Fighting is too strong and Psychic is too weak. This leaves a perfect niche for my Light type.

How would a Holy type be strong against Fighting? Besides, I honestly don't think that GF is going to worry about balancing the metagame before the actual game. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who buy Pokemon don't play competitively.

Psychic is too weak? How so? Give me a good psychic team, and I could probably wipe out any threats headed it's way. You need to know how to balance weaknesses; which isn't necessarily done by just adding new types when you feel like it; but by adding to your team different moves that can counter out your weaknesses. In this case, adding a bug type(Signal beam is a good one of those for Special Attackers) would allow you to easily take down Dark types, unless they have a trick up their sleeves as well. And if you Focus Band your Pokemon, and they don't, then you get potentially two hits to defeat them in. Unless they're faster, then definitely one. Unless you miss, then just curse the RNG gods.

Psychic is too weak? How so? Give me a good psychic team, and I could probably wipe out any threats headed it's way. You need to know how to balance weaknesses; which isn't necessarily done by just adding new types when you feel like it; but by adding to your team different moves that can counter out your weaknesses. In this case, adding a bug type(Signal beam is a good one of those for Special Attackers) would allow you to easily take down Dark types, unless they have a trick up their sleeves as well. And if you Focus Band your Pokemon, and they don't, then you get potentially two hits to defeat them in. Unless they're faster, then definitely one. Unless you miss, then just curse the RNG gods.

One problem is the biggest threat to Psychic-types: Pursuit. There are plenty of Psychic-types that are not weak to Pursuit, such as Metagross, but you can't switch them in on Pursuit, and your opponent will probably Pursuit anything that is weak to it. And several Psychic-types that are weak to it can't be overlooked if one wants an all-Psychic team, like Espeon, Reuniclus, Alakazam, and so on. True, a Focus Sash might help, but in reality there are just too many things that could hurt you.

aouROFb.png

If there were to be new types of Light and Sound. Here is what I think there matchups would be

Types weak against sound

Ground: Soundwaves can cause the ground to break apart

Rock: Same reason as ground

Fire: Sound blasts can put fire out since sound it just a pressure wave

Psychic: Its hard to concentrate with lots of noise

Ice: Ice shatters under pressure and sound is pressure

Sound: Sound type pokemon would be sensitive to sound just like Sound matoran, toa, and turaga

Types that resist sound

Fighting: Fighters thrive on the cheering of fans

Flying: Flying can break the sound barrier

Bug: Bugs are very noisy

Water: Sound bounces off water like ripples in a pond but goes back to its original shape

Dragon: Dragons roar loudly to scare foes so sound won't affect them

Types sound is weak to

Fighting- Music only makes fight scenes more powerful

Flying- Flying breaks the sound barrier

Bug- A bug in the system make your sound equipment not work

Ghost- Parnormal energy messes with sound equipment

Types weak to the light type

Fighting: Can't fight if you can't see

Flying: Can't fly if you can't see

Ghost: Light drives back the evil spirit

Water: Light evaporates water

Ice: Light will melt ice

Dark: Light pushes darkness back

Types that resist the light type

Normal: Many normal types are day creatures

Bug: Bugs thrive in light most even flock to it

Grass: Plants thrive in light

Electric: Electricity comes from light

Types Light is weak to

Normal: Most normal types are day creatures

Bug: Bugs thrive in light

Dark: Darkness pushes light back

If anyone has any input on how to make this more balance let me know

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Okay, so my friend and I were talking about what kind of Gym leaders we would be. (What type, pokemon, appearance) and I talked about Dragon. I said I would have a Salamence, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Gyarados, Garchomp, and Kingdra. He asked me, "Why Kingdra?" I told him about its awesome moves and how it wasn't weak to Ice. He still didn't understand why I picked it. Could you guys find a couple good reasons for me?

Comply. Create. Consume.

Kingdra gets Swift Swim, which is awesome in the rain. Its only weakness is Dragon, making it incredibly difficult to hit super effectively, as it can outspeed and KO several Dragon-types if rain is up thanks to Swift Swim (170 base speed in rain, making it faster than most OU Dragon-types ) If Drizzle+Swift Swim wasn't banned from competitive play, Kingdra would be a staple of any rain team.

Also, one type illogicality I noticed: Why does Ghost resist Bug?

aouROFb.png

Kingdra gets Swift Swim, which is awesome in the rain. Its only weakness is Dragon, making it incredibly difficult to hit super effectively, as it can outspeed and KO several Dragon-types if rain is up thanks to Swift Swim (170 base speed in rain, making it faster than most OU Dragon-types ) If Drizzle+Swift Swim wasn't banned from competitive play, Kingdra would be a staple of any rain team. Also, one type illogicality I noticed: Why does Ghost resist Bug?

Probably for the same reason that Bug is good against Psychic. Unless there is some hidden connection between the two that I don't know about, it's just because the designers didn't want Bug to be completely useless. If it was ONLY good against Grass, it would commonly lose popularity to Ice or Flying, since they are good against other types. But yeah, I find a lot of illogicalities among the Psychic-Ghost-Dark type thing. It gets so flippin weird up in there.

Comply. Create. Consume.

I'm guessing that psychic is weak to ghost because of the stories surrounding mediums and poltergeists. Why ghost is weak against itself, I don't know. Dark just doesn't make sense.@Takanuinuva: that makes sense. But isn't that a bit too many? Most types only have around 3 super effectives and 3 not very effectives.

I'm guessing that psychic is weak to ghost because of the stories surrounding mediums and poltergeists. Why ghost is weak against itself, I don't know. Dark just doesn't make sense.@Takanuinuva: that makes sense. But isn't that a bit too many? Most types only have around 3 super effectives and 3 not very effectives.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I think Ghost just needed another weakness, and it just happened to not be Bug. Also, Takanuinuva, if Light type is released, it would not literally be like that. The whole you can't fight/fly if you can't see is a little far-fetched. (Pokemon pun, please excuse it.) Unless there was only one Light type pokemon that was super effective against a lot of types (although it still wouldn't be that many) it might make slightly more sense. Or perhaps just the Legendaries for that game would be Light type. (Or one Light, one Sound, once again, who knows if either or both of these types will come to pass) But I'm sure a couple of those, like Ghost and Dark, would be weak against Light. Or maybe Dark would be immune?

Comply. Create. Consume.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I think Ghost just needed another weakness, and it just happened to not be Bug. Also, Takanuinuva, if Light type is released, it would not literally be like that. The whole you can't fight/fly if you can't see is a little far-fetched. (Pokemon pun, please excuse it.) Unless there was only one Light type pokemon that was super effective against a lot of types (although it still wouldn't be that many) it might make slightly more sense. Or perhaps just the Legendaries for that game would be Light type. (Or one Light, one Sound, once again, who knows if either or both of these types will come to pass) But I'm sure a couple of those, like Ghost and Dark, would be weak against Light. Or maybe Dark would be immune?

Ok thanks for the input I've done some changes

Types weak against sound

Fire: Sound blasts can put fire out since sound it just a pressure wave

Psychic: Its hard to concentrate with lots of noise

Ice: Ice shatters under pressure and sound is pressure

Sound: Sound type pokemon would be sensitive to sound just like Sound matoran, toa, and turaga

Types that resist sound

Fighting: Fighters thrive on the cheering of fans

Flying: Flying can break the sound barrier

Water: Sound bounces off water like ripples in a pond but goes back to its original shape

Dragon: Dragons roar loudly to scare foes so sound won't affect them

Types sound is weak to

Fighting- Music only makes fight scenes more powerful

Ghost- Parnormal energy messes with sound equipment

Types weak to the light type

Ghost: Light drives back the evil spirit

Water: Light evaporates water

Ice: Light will melt ice

Dark: Light pushes darkness back

Types that resist the light type

Normal: Many normal types are day creatures

Bug: Bugs thrive in light most even flock to it

Electric: Electricity comes from light

Types Light is weak to

Normal: Most normal types are day creatures

Bug: Bugs thrive in light

Dark: Darkness pushes light back

Ghost- Paranormal energy messes with sound equipment

I'm not sure on these weaknesses. I understand the first, but not many of the flying type Pokemon in game would actually be able to break the sound barrier. With Bug, you've got the wrong type of bug. The Bug type is the in-game is the insect type, while in the weaknesses, this is the digital type of bug. For both Ghost and Bug, how many sound types would use sound equipment? There aren't many technology based Pokemon.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Ghost- Paranormal energy messes with sound equipment

I'm not sure on these weaknesses. I understand the first, but not many of the flying type Pokemon in game would actually be able to break the sound barrier. With Bug, you've got the wrong type of bug. The Bug type is the in-game is the insect type, while in the weaknesses, this is the digital type of bug. For both Ghost and Bug, how many bug types would use sound equipment? There aren't many technology based Pokemon.

Well I had to think about what sound would be weak to. And those made the most sense. I don't think any other types could be super effective against the sound type.

I guess I could replace bug and ghost with rock and ground since sound waves bounce off caves and if your trapped in a rock slide you can't call out for help as easily.

Edited by Takanuinuva

Meloetta indeed. Have to get mine this weekend. I can't sa I'm a huge fan of the type combination though. Maybe pirouette form should have been normal psychic? I don't know, just a thought.

Ok thanks for the input I've done some changes Types weak against sound Fire: Sound blasts can put fire out since sound it just a pressure wave Psychic: Its hard to concentrate with lots of noise Ice: Ice shatters under pressure and sound is pressure Sound: Sound type pokemon would be sensitive to sound just like Sound matoran, toa, and turaga Types that resist sound Fighting: Fighters thrive on the cheering of fans Flying: Flying can break the sound barrier Water: Sound bounces off water like ripples in a pond but goes back to its original shape Dragon: Dragons roar loudly to scare foes so sound won't affect them Types sound is weak to Fighting- Music only makes fight scenes more powerful Flying- Flying breaks the sound barrier Bug- A bug in the system make your sound equipment not work Ghost- Parnormal energy messes with sound equipment Types weak to the light type Ghost: Light drives back the evil spirit Water: Light evaporates water Ice: Light will melt ice Dark: Light pushes darkness back Types that resist the light type Normal: Many normal types are day creatures Bug: Bugs thrive in light most even flock to it Grass: Plants thrive in light Electric: Electricity comes from light Types Light is weak to Normal: Most normal types are day creatures Bug: Bugs thrive in light Grass: Plants thrive in light Dark: Darkness pushes light back
I forgot to address the Sound type. Sorry! If I edited my last post, I have a feeling nobody would look at it. Anyway, I don't understand the sound-fighting type relationship. It's a good thought, but it's not very realistic. For the most part, Pokemon type advantages have always stood on a purely elemental stage, for the most part. I do love the Sound-Sound relationship, though. I love those relationships, like Dragon and Ghost. So weird, yet so right. Also, as for the Normal-Light relationship, I don't see how that would work. (The reason is stated above, for the Sound-Fighting relationship) I do think there should be some Light related ability that draws to and nullifies all Bug type moves. Maybe Lanturn, Zap Light, whatever you call them. I think Light should be super effective against Bug, but not the other way around. And Dragon-Sound, it would probably be another type to be weak against Dragon. No surprise there. Kind of like how water of grass isn't very effective against Dragon. Well.......that seems to be about it. Sorry if it looks like I'm over criticizing, but I think I have it all off my chest now. Keep working on it!My god, I talk too much. Edited by darkslizer

Comply. Create. Consume.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, for one, it's not confirmed; and two, we don't have a full body picture. Too me, it looks like fan art; as it seems that someone just took the tail, and put it on the head like 'hair', and just added some connectors to make it look better.If it is official, I really hope there a good reasoning for the tail hair thing. And for the form in general, since it's 5 generations too late. >>'

The same reason Dragonite can fly with its tiny wings.

Concerning Mewtwo, it does look really fake. I feel like I've seen that image before, the background...

EDIT: Well, it's almost the exact same as the official movie poster; the background is different and Genesect is moved around. It's weird that, to show off a new form after an official poster has been released, only a few things were changed.

Edited by Nara

Well, it seems that Mewthree has been declared a hoax by its creator. To be honest, it looked realistic, the japanese was even coherent and relevant for a change, but the content was extremely dubious.

Okay, I was wrong. It's not a fake, the new form is just ugly enough to pass for one.

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Even if the new forme of Mewtwo is fake or real. I think Mewtwo should at least have a signature ability along with its signature move.

My idea for its signature ability

Suppresion- As long as Mewtwo is in battle. All opponent and partner pokemon Abilities will not activate. Does not affect the abilities of Multitype, Truant and Zen Mode

Example. Say you have a battle between Mewtwo and a Tyranitar. Mewtwo's suppresion ablility would prevent Tyranitar's Sand Stream from working. However in a battle against a Slaking. Slaking would still loaf around every other turn.