Last attempted trade for the Regis/event Regigigas didn't work out, so could anyone trade me the Regis/event Regigigas that I could borrow?

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

You should evolve Togetic. Shiny Stones can be obtained without much hassle at the Pokeathlon and the Bug Catching Contest.

Noctowl is kind of bad and is very redundant with Togetic. Maybe consider replacing it with something that can learn Stone Edge or Rock Slide, because currently the only Pokemon you have that would be much good against Lance is Quagsire, and his Blizzard is unreliable.

Currently Quagsire and Togetic are the only Pokemon with high powered movesets (and Safeguard isn't worth too much, considering you can just use an item to heal status ailments). Finding some tutors, using some TMs or just leveling the others up enough to get some better moves on them would go a long way. Something with Fire moves would probably also help against a lot of the E4, but it's not as important as some of the other tips I gave you.

I'd like to add. Bring them all to lvl 45. Then you should have an easier time. Also with Koga's Forretress. it tends to use protect on its first turn. So use that to either heal or use a stat raising move on yourself

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

@Yukiko -

You have three flying types in your Party, giving you really large weaknesses to Electric, Rock, and especially Ice (4 Pokemon are weak). I cannot recall how many times I see Ice moves in the Elite Four (thankfully none of the Elite Four specialize in Ice types), but for later parts of the game the multitude of Flying type weaknesses can be a liability.

I wouldn't recommend Natural Gift on Meganium since it can be only used once and uses up Berries, which isn't exactly easy to get in Johto. Sweet Scent isn't too overly useful either. Teaching it Return or Body Slam for the Paralysis can give it more coverage than just Grass moves.

I don't understand why Ampharos does not have Discharge; it's more powerful than Thundershock and has a 30% chance of Paralysis. Use the Move Relearner in Blackthorn to reteach the move. Levelling Ampharos by one level can make it learn Signal Beam which is useful for coverage (I would suggest ditching Charge for Signal Beam).

I would suggest teaching Crobat Fly since he lacks powerful moves, and remove it on Togetic once it evolves into Togekiss (its Attack is not that great). I believe the Move Deleter is also in Blackthorn. Also, once Togetic is Togekiss, teach Aura Sphere and Air Slash. Air Slash + Serene Grace can make for an annoying combination against the opponent.

@Bunda - About Tutor moves, I don't think those are as readily available as in Platinum or BW2, since most of the Move Tutor moves are in the Battle Frontier, which I believe is aftergame. Even if the Battle Frontier is accessible, good luck getting the points...

--==My MOCs==--

You should evolve Togetic. Shiny Stones can be obtained without much hassle at the Pokeathlon and the Bug Catching Contest.

Noctowl is kind of bad and is very redundant with Togetic. Maybe consider replacing it with something that can learn Stone Edge or Rock Slide, because currently the only Pokemon you have that would be much good against Lance is Quagsire, and his Blizzard is unreliable.

Currently Quagsire and Togetic are the only Pokemon with high powered movesets (and Safeguard isn't worth too much, considering you can just use an item to heal status ailments). Finding some tutors, using some TMs or just leveling the others up enough to get some better moves on them would go a long way. Something with Fire moves would probably also help against a lot of the E4, but it's not as important as some of the other tips I gave you.

I'd like to add. Bring them all to lvl 45. Then you should have an easier time. Also with Koga's Forretress. it tends to use protect on its first turn. So use that to either heal or use a stat raising move on yourself

I suppose. I wasn't thinking about levels, but Lance's toughest Pokemon is level 50 so it would probably be wise to do a bit of grinding. Of course, if you're not worried about losing money, grinding actually using the E4 can be productive, since defeating their powerful Pokemon will grant a lot of XP (especially if you have a Lucky Egg, I'm not sure how common those are in HGSS).

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

@Yukiko -

You have three flying types in your Party, giving you really large weaknesses to Electric, Rock, and especially Ice (4 Pokemon are weak). I cannot recall how many times I see Ice moves in the Elite Four (thankfully none of the Elite Four specialize in Ice types), but for later parts of the game the multitude of Flying type weaknesses can be a liability.

I wouldn't recommend Natural Gift on Meganium since it can be only used once and uses up Berries, which isn't exactly easy to get in Johto. Sweet Scent isn't too overly useful either. Teaching it Return or Body Slam for the Paralysis can give it more coverage than just Grass moves.

I don't understand why Ampharos does not have Discharge; it's more powerful than Thundershock and has a 30% chance of Paralysis. Use the Move Relearner in Blackthorn to reteach the move. Levelling Ampharos by one level can make it learn Signal Beam which is useful for coverage (I would suggest ditching Charge for Signal Beam).

I would suggest teaching Crobat Fly since he lacks powerful moves, and remove it on Togetic once it evolves into Togekiss (its Attack is not that great). I believe the Move Deleter is also in Blackthorn. Also, once Togetic is Togekiss, teach Aura Sphere and Air Slash. Air Slash + Serene Grace can make for an annoying combination against the opponent.

@Bunda - About Tutor moves, I don't think those are as readily available as in Platinum or BW2, since most of the Move Tutor moves are in the Battle Frontier, which I believe is aftergame. Even if the Battle Frontier is accessible, good luck getting the points...

All my Pokemon except my starter are female, but thanks guys. =P (Didn't plan it that way.)

About the stone type, would Ryhorn be a good bet? I believe I have one, but it's going to mean a lot of grinding...but I suppose I'll end up doing that anyway. I do have a Gravelar, but it doesn't learn Stone Edge until later. I guess I could try catching a Steelix...but I remember it being stupidly hard.I don't have access to the Battle Frontier until I beat the league, unfortunately. Which sucked for me during the Ice Gym because it would have been a lot easier if my ampharos knew Fire Punch. << And I have no idea why I didn't have her learn discharge; I'm a noob. XD

Also, I had my Crobat learn Sludge Bomb. Was that a good decision?

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Also, I had my Crobat learn Sludge Bomb. Was that a good decision?

IDK, is it's highest attacking stat special, or Physical?

Despite SoulSilver/Heart gold Being My favorite Pokémon Game, The levels of wild pokemon are way to low. They should've been higher, the way they are, It's really hard to beat the elite four unless you never make a wrong decision ever, even then, Koga's Muk is rage inducing.

Gamers rise up, not down

IDK, is it's highest attacking stat special, or Physical? Despite SoulSilver/Heart gold Being My favorite Pokémon Game, The levels of wild pokemon are way to low. They should've been higher, the way they are, It's really hard to beat the elite four unless you never make a wrong decision ever, even then, Koga's Muk is rage inducing.

I still wish I got Heartgold because I love Spinaraks.Sludgebomb is a power 90 special attack, plus it gets STAB with Crobat because it's poison. I seriously wish I hadn't screwed up and dumped my Zubat in daycare after I taught it U-turn. Oops. << It would make dealing with all those dark types easier.

Disclaimer: I don't actually understand all the maths involved in Pokemon.

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

If you want Ampharos to learn Fire Punch you could take it to the move relearner in Blackthorn. However, Ampharos' Attack stat is usually pretty bad so it would probably be best to look elsewhere for something with Fire moves.

I do have a Vulpix, but none of the Elite Four use types that are particularly weak to fire so I think I'll concentrate on other things.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

X and Y news coming in from Serebii, getting info from the demo.

Mega Evolution activation has been shown, a button on the attack interface if the Pokemon holds a Mega Stone and can "evolve." You also battle the professor and it seems like it's there where you first use the Mega Evolutions.

The demo shows that you can ride Skiddo and Rhyhorn.

EDIT: Fennekin also has the move Psywave. BOOM.

Edited by Nara

I'm actually right now more interested in the news about that other anime-related thing. That "Pokemon: The Origin" thing. THAT is what we want. Make it happen, Gamefreak; and once you catch up, make that the anime instead! =D

A particular leak that has had literally everything in it proved true said Fennekin was Psychic, so yeah, I don't really doubt that at all. (Apparently Chespin is Dark and Froakie Fighting, so they have a reverse rock-paper-scissors thing going on with their secondary typings)

Speaking of that leak and changing the subject for a bit, it also mentioned that Mewtwo had two new forms and not just one. Now that we know it's not only a form change but a mega evolution, I wonder...What if Mew also gets a Mega Evolution, and Mewtwo, being its clone, can also use Mew's Mega Stone? I woooonder.

AXKP5KC.png

Trailer for The Origins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lyi2RSVxqg&feature=youtu.be

It seems like they have every scene finished already so it might just be a special. =

Then again I don't know anything about how the animators work so I could be wrong.

Wow. Shoulda done this from the beginning IMO but It's cool they're doing this now. They should do this for the other 5 games too. that'd be sweet.

If Pokémon Gets a Legit fighter that'd be awesome. I'd play that.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

The Wii U game possibility is just another reason for me to buy a Wii U.

Unless it's just a Stadium-style game. If it's like XD, I'll definately get it and the Wii U. Because XD and Coliseum were good games and we need more console Pokemon RPGs.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

On the gts, I deposited Dialga and got a lv 100 Zekrom back holding a scope lens. o.O Nice yeah?

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Recently I was breeding for a good Shellder to use in competitive battling/Subway/PWT/whatever...

On the 137th egg, I hatched this...

Shellder (Naive): 12 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 28 / 31

Now I literally have a box full of Shellders with good IVs... lol

I may consider giving them away but I'm too busy atm...

--==My MOCs==--

Of course it was worth it. ; )

It took me at least 7-8 hours in total (possibly with breaks in between), but I got a really good Shellder from it that I can use for competitive battling or owning the PWT.

It's not like I was trying to get a Shiny Pokemon lol.

I also learned a couple of things regarding breeding in BW2. First, the mechanics are pretty different from that of 4th Gen games. Gender is determined when you take the egg as opposed to being predetermined when the egg is created in previous gens. Also, I just learned why people were complaining about breeding in BW2; IVs are predetermined now, which means that it is no longer possible to SR for good IVs by saving in front of the day care man and then taking the egg. That also means that it is extremely difficult to RNG abuse for good eggs since egg creation is random. Eggs have to be hatched the old fashioned way (i.e. taking the eggs as they appear and then hatching them). The determination of Natures and Abilities remained the same as previous gens (created with the egg), and the 80% chance of passing down the ability of the mother, 100% Everstone change, Oval Charm, and Nursery in Join Avenue are nifty additions.

--==My MOCs==--

You could give away those spare shellder's to slowpokes. :-P

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Apparently the Gabite in the demo didn't have any Dragon type moves.

Smooth trolling, Gamefreak...making sure we couldn't verify whether Fairy type is immune to Dragon attacks or not....

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Welp, I'm going to go pre-order X today. And I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that Mawile isn't Y exclusive, because I'd like to use one. I was tallying up my Pokemon and discovered I'd never used a Steel type on my in-game team, so I think I should probably get one in, and her Mega Evolution looks like it will be most excellent. Her Fairy typing is bonus, but I'll consider using a new Fairy alongside Mawile. I usually try to avoid duplicate types on a team, but Fairy being new... plus, I used two Bugs in White, two Ground types in Emerald, two Normal types in Platinum and two Normal types in HeartGold... well now that I think about it, I think I've broken my rule more often than I've kept it.RAMBLING OVER BYE

Edited by Stud McSquarejaw

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Well, I'm personally hoping for the opposite. I wants me some Mawiles in Y, her new typing and Mega are excellent. It's also doubtful that there'll be duplicates of mega stones in the games, so getting a Mega Mawile if she's not in Y will be a pain. :/

(Though that being said, one of my friends who is getting X was talking smack about Mega Mawile, so getting him to hand over one with the Mega Stone shouldn't be terribly hard. Although I think he was just saying that because I said Mega Ampharos wasn't as cool....)

Best case scenario, though, there's Mawiles in both games. LET'S HOPE.

AXKP5KC.png

Mawiles for everyone!I was surprised by two things when I place my order for X at GameStop today: One, they gave me the poster immediately. Two, it's full size.I wish it had the names of places on the Kalos map, but it's still a fine looking poster.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I wish I had a 3ds. Do you think getting a second hand one is worth it? I've seen them go for 90 pounds, although I would like xl.

Also, you know that pokegts thing? The one that gives you ones you wnat? I play pokemon lottery with it, so i keep getting a different one. I once got reshriram, and TWO darkrai's. o.O And doxeys speed forme. Ima trade em away for shiny Magicarps pokemon. Prefebaly Mawile. :P

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡