How DOES Wonder Trade work, anyway? Is there some trick to it, or should I just be using it to trade off spare Pokemon? Should I even bother with it before I have access to Daycare (I definitely plan to send out spare Chespin and Squirtle via Wonder Trade simply because I'm sure people will appreciate getting them randomly)?

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

yeah i saw that Yamask can get Toxic Spikes too; it should be a neat new tool for support Cofagrigus, but it's too bad that it has bad synergy with Will-O-Wisp.

as for Wonder Trade, there's no real trick to it. it just picks a random person, so you might get something good, or you might just get a bunch of Weedles and Bidoofs.

overlordsukapon.png

Hmm. I got my Porygons, so my non-legendary living dex is done. Cyclically trading some legendaries along with some friends to fill up the Pokedex (in addition to Kyogre and Regice managed to get Zekrom and Suicune for non-legendaries), and I traded a couple of Misdreavuses for Articuno and Moltres. I have 697 Pokemon registered in my dex right now, so I need only 21 more.....Pretty close to done with that too.

Got a shiny Jumpluff off of GTS, and caught a shiny Larvesta and Munna in safari yesterday.....I now somehow have over a box of shinies. That's not something I ever expected to happen, but I guess it just did.

AXKP5KC.png

Would anyone happen to want to trade me their genesect? I can trade you a zygarde, once I catch him, or I can breed pokemon for you and give you a bunch of good or perfect IV pokemon like you would trade genesect and then a pidgey in exchange. I don't care about genesect's nature or IVs I just want a genesect.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

Hmm. I got my Porygons, so my non-legendary living dex is done. Cyclically trading some legendaries along with some friends to fill up the Pokedex (in addition to Kyogre and Regice managed to get Zekrom and Suicune for non-legendaries), and I traded a couple of Misdreavuses for Articuno and Moltres. I have 697 Pokemon registered in my dex right now, so I need only 21 more.....Pretty close to done with that too.

Got a shiny Jumpluff off of GTS, and caught a shiny Larvesta and Munna in safari yesterday.....I now somehow have over a box of shinies. That's not something I ever expected to happen, but I guess it just did.

Nice! I can't wait for Bank to finally come out, whenever that may be, to finish my living dex. I really don't think it's worth the hassle right now to try for a lot of the Bank-required Pokémon when there are so few of them and I have them already in a different game... Really Vivillon hunting has just worn me out of the GTS so, so much. Four left to go and it's just seemingly impossible. Speaking of, are you counting different forms in your living version?

As much as I hate it, it does seem like I'll have to go chaining Legendary trades to get myself a Tornadus to truly complete mine as much as I wanted to avoid that. But again that'll mean waiting for Bank. Still...

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Nice! I can't wait for Bank to finally come out, whenever that may be, to finish my living dex. I really don't think it's worth the hassle right now to try for a lot of the Bank-required Pokémon when there are so few of them and I have them already in a different game... Really Vivillon hunting has just worn me out of the GTS so, so much. Four left to go and it's just seemingly impossible. Speaking of, are you counting different forms in your living version?

As much as I hate it, it does seem like I'll have to go chaining Legendary trades to get myself a Tornadus to truly complete mine as much as I wanted to avoid that. But again that'll mean waiting for Bank. Still...

~|ET|~

Thanks. I was going to wait for bank to transfer most of the remaining Pokemon over, but with the delay it seemed like less of a hassle to just get the last few and only wait on Bank for a few specific legends.

I'm counting forms and significant gender differences, though I haven't put as much emphasis on them. I'm working on getting an east sea Shellos and the last 8 Vivillons I need, but it's been a bit difficult. Still need to breed enough Rotoms for all appliances, though, and I'm putting off having to evolve another Frillish for as long as possible. (Gosh darned Gen V late evolvers are a pain)

Finished chain trading legends. Shiny Charm is now in my possession! Going to go camp in route 21 now for the rest of my life.....

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

I'm trying to catch my Snorlax in a Luxury Ball so it's less of a pain to evolve when I go to breed it. It's not going well, even with Capture Power Level 2. :/ Lots of soft resets...

EDIT: Actually, should I even bother? Why would I want to get a Munchlax instead of a Snorlax? Are Munchlax's egg moves any good anyway?

Edited by Flipz

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

~|ET|~

Thanks. I was going to wait for bank to transfer most of the remaining Pokemon over, but with the delay it seemed like less of a hassle to just get the last few and only wait on Bank for a few specific legends.

I'm counting forms and significant gender differences, though I haven't put as much emphasis on them. I'm working on getting an east sea Shellos and the last 8 Vivillons I need, but it's been a bit difficult. Still need to breed enough Rotoms for all appliances, though, and I'm putting off having to evolve another Frillish for as long as possible. (Gosh darned Gen V late evolvers are a pain)

Finished chain trading legends. Shiny Charm is now in my possession! Going to go camp in route 21 now for the rest of my life.....

Yes it is! I've found it really annoying since there just aren't really good places to level up IMO and there's so many of them.

I just realized the other day that I never had two spots for Frillish and Jellicent. >_< So I've gotta restructure everything... And I was so excited that Zygarde ended perfectly on the last spot of a box with my setup too. Now he and Yveltal will be all alone haha. At least they're also pretty close to the end so it could be worse.

It's gonna feel so good when I finally get that Shiny Charm though.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

~|ET|~

Collect all 28 characters of Unown.

And don't forget to collect the 4 billion unique patterns of Spinda. Now your collection will be truly complete. =P

As for levelling up, either I use:

1. Route 19 Hordes (no rain)

2. Friend Safaris w/ Chansey or Audino (all the better if both are there!)

3. Victory Road if neither option is available

--==My MOCs==--

Collect all 28 characters of Unown.

And don't forget to collect the 4 billion unique patterns of Spinda. Now your collection will be truly complete. =P

As for levelling up, either I use:

1. Route 19 Hordes (no rain)

2. Friend Safaris w/ Chansey or Audino (all the better if both are there!)

3. Victory Road if neither option is available

I do have all of the Unown at least. :P

One of my friends does have Audino... not sure why I don't go there more when I spend so much time in other Safaris.

Aaand I hate places where a lot of Pokémon have sturdy, so have sworn off Victory Road.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Quick question. A Pokémon can have any characteristic correct? Cause I've been catching Magnemite looking for one with the characteristic. often lost in thought and have had no luck.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I use turtlenan's safari for training usually. Dunsparce/Audino/Chansey is ridiculously good.

Will probably collect all the Unowns when Bank goes up and I actually have the ability to clear enough box space for it. Right now I don't have the extra box that would require...nor is there an easy way to get other Unowns right now what with them being unbreedable. I have all the Unowns in my LG (it was so much fun getting the ! And ? Unowns, what with their 1% appearance rate and all...) but transferring from Gen III will be...difficult. I'm probably going to have to go hunting in Pt one of these days.

The only form differences I think I'm definitely not going to bother with is Deerling/Sawsbuck. I just. Could not care less. Season forms are dumb. And I do not have 6 more slots in the Unova boxes, anyway. So. No.

Speaking of slots and boxes, if anyone here has Tundra, Icysnow, Archipelago, Sandstorm, River, Savannah, Ocean or Jungle Vivillons (or an east sea Shellos/Gastrodon, for that matter), I would love to steal one. There are some rather ugly gaps in my boxes I would like to fill.

AXKP5KC.png

Sorry, man, mine's High Plains.

I'm slowly breeding Chespins now, but I'm a little nervous of messing things up so I'm taking the time to breed extras. My first attempt came out female, so I'm a little worried that RNG karma will come back around to bite me now. :P

Hey dotcom you still hunting for a shiny Audino, because I've got one and I really don't like Audino at all. On another note a while back I decided to go for all shiny eeveeloutions and so far I've gotten two shiny eevees, for Sylveon will it evolve if it already has a fairy move learned and get max happiness or does it need to learn one afterwards.

I'm just ToaD

I believe the Eevee only needs to have at least 2 hearts in affection, not maxed out, and it evolves upon levelup when the criteria is met. It won't evolve just for having the move & affection.

I am still seeking shiny Audino, but at this point, with three Audino safaris and the shiny charm, I think I have to go get my own, as long as that takes. Although speaking of shinies and the charm, it's been a couple of days and it's really starting to loo like it doesn't work in safari...

I got back to breeding Zangooses yesterday, and while doing the thing with Centrico Plaza started getting sidetracked by the Looker missions. I have to say the story they got going for that is really good. I really didn't expect something like that at all. Not done with them yet (I'm at the part right after they face Essentia) but I'm enjoying them a lot.

AXKP5KC.png

Yeah, any Pokemon can have any characteristic. You'll get "Often lost in thought" only if its Special Attack IV is 3, 8, 13, 18, 23, or 28 and is higher than any of its other IVs. (Source)

So I've heard that one of the secondary reasons for breeding is to get pokemon with good IVs. How can you tell once you've hatched them, or is it impossible?

I've finally got together what I think is a good team to take on the E4 for my Soul Silver run. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Carl (Meganium) Lvl 46 | ability: Overgrow | knows: Synthesis/Body Slam/Frenzy Plant/Strength

Mildred (Togetic) Lvl 45 | ability: Serene Grace | knows: Safeguard/Ancient Power/Extrasensory/Attract

Matthew (Rhydon) Lvl 45 | ability: Lightningrod | knows: Stone Edge/Hammer Arm/Return/Shadow Claw

Bess (Crobat) Lvl 45 | ability: Inner Focus | knows: Sludge Bomb/Bite/Fly/Shadow Ball

Sal (Quagsire) Lvl 45 | ability: Damp | knows: Earthquake/Surf/Ice Beam/Waterfall

Cecelia (Ampharos) Lvl 45 | ability: Static | knows: Signal Beam/Fire Punch/Discharge/Iron Tail

Additionally:

1) Before anyone says anything, I can't evolve my Togetic because a Shiny Stone doesn't appear until I have the National Pokedex.

2) Is it worth is to grind at Voltorb Flip a bit more so I can get Thunderbolt for my Ampharos?

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

So I've heard that one of the secondary reasons for breeding is to get pokemon with good IVs. How can you tell once you've hatched them, or is it impossible?

I believe the most efficient way to get an idea of their IVs, in XY at least, is to use the stats judge. In previous generations you also have to option of using Pokecheck (and possibly other programs? dunno for sure) to find their exact IVs.

Speaking of IVs, I just caught a 28 - 29 / 28 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 18 - 19 / 31 Timid Yveltal after two days of SRing. Glad that's over.

Q2TtLEz.png

So I went with Amaura from Glittering Cave, and it's going to be *beautiful*. Can't wait to crush some stuff with some STAB Ice-type Return. >:]

SO I found a way to grind easily:

Resteraunt Le wow, and select rotation battle, give the lead (probably a level 100 pokemon, I use my greninja) and the two other pokemon lucky eggs. It costs 100,000, but after you do it once you'll start making money.

Put on the XP power and the money power (I use EXP power 3 and money power 1) and then I beat them, they even give you balm mushroom (usually about 20 of them) that I can sell for about 100,000 Pokedollars.

In just 1 visit I can get a pokemon to about level 40, after 3 they're at level 70.

Gamers rise up, not down

Resteraunt Le wow, and select rotation battle, give the lead (probably a level 100 pokemon, I use my greninja) and the two other pokemon lucky eggs. It costs 100,000, but after you do it once you'll start making money.

Put on the XP power and the money power (I use EXP power 3 and money power 1) and then I beat them, they even give you balm mushroom (usually about 20 of them) that I can sell for about 100,000 Pokedollars.

In just 1 visit I can get a pokemon to about level 40, after 3 they're at level 70.

What type of battle?

woo got Black 2. Choosing Oshawot this time :3

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

What type of battle?

as I said, rotation battle.

However, I MAY have exaggerated a tiny bit, they don't make it QUITE to level 70 after 3, but more like mid 60s. depends which pokemon it is.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

Pokemon have different experience rates--this can be really frustrating when you're trying to keep a team at roughly even levels. :P

Also, why do people like the Gen I starters so much? They have a really frustrating level-up movepool--lots of good competitive moves (i.e. Rapid Spin) at low levels, but little that you can actually use in-game. I want my Blastoise to be a Blastoise by the time I earn the ability to Mega Evolve stuff, but she's frustrating to try to actually use. I think as soon as she's at 36 and I have the Mega Evolve ability thingy (no spoilers, I don't know how it works yet other than the held items) I'll stick her in a box and only bring her out for breeding purposes. Azumarill covers the same position on my playthrough team, and has that nice OP Fairy type to resist all the Fighting and Dragon moves the game's suddenly started throwing at me--plus the one I caught seems to have a LOT of bulk for its level and for being caught in the wild, so... :P

Pokemon have different experience rates--this can be really frustrating when you're trying to keep a team at roughly even levels. :P

As I said, depends on which pokemon it is.

Also, why do people like the Gen I starters so much? They have a really frustrating level-up movepool--lots of good competitive moves (i.e. Rapid Spin) at low levels, but little that you can actually use in-game. I want my Blastoise to be a Blastoise by the time I earn the ability to Mega Evolve stuff, but she's frustrating to try to actually use. I think as soon as she's at 36 and I have the Mega Evolve ability thingy (no spoilers, I don't know how it works yet other than the held items) I'll stick her in a box and only bring her out for breeding purposes. Azumarill covers the same position on my playthrough team, and has that nice OP Fairy type to resist all the Fighting and Dragon moves the game's suddenly started throwing at me--plus the one I caught seems to have a LOT of bulk for its level and for being caught in the wild, so... :P

1: You actually got a female? wow.

2. People like them because nostalgia. Honestly (as a guy who played pokemon red as a child in the 90's and didn't touch the franchise again until recently) I think gen 4 starters are the best ones.

Gamers rise up, not down

1: You actually got a female? wow.

2. People like them because nostalgia. Honestly (as a guy who played pokemon red as a child in the 90's and didn't touch the franchise again until recently) I think gen 4 starters are the best ones.

1. I soft-reset for my Chespin, and then got my Squirtle female on the first try. :P With a couple of exceptions (Riolu being most notable), every new species since then I've encountered as female the first time...even though I've been traded a Ditto already. :P

2. I can't speak for the Gen II starters (never used them), but I'm a little more inclined to say the Gen III ones are the "best" in terms of advancement through the games, though Mudkip and especially Torchic border on "easy mode" at times. :P Definitely agree that Turtwig wallops Treecko bigtime, even though it makes me sad because I think Treecko's cuter. :P (Chespin owns both, though, at least at lower levels.)

Also, am I crazy or is the music in this generation just TOO DANG AWESOME? :P

Edited by Flipz

It's just you. (J/k) But I really hate this soundtrack, not as bad as the soundtrack for R/S/E but it's pretty bad, IMO, My favorite soundtrack was HG/SS.

I personally like sceptile more then blaziken and marshtomp, honestly, But I think Infernape is just so freaking great. My favorite starter ever, even better then greninja and empoleon IMO, from a gameplay standpoint, I think blaziken is the best starter ever, because speed boost.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

gen 4 is best gen

because platinum

and hg/ss

and explorers of time/darkness/sky

and steel penguins.

Empoleon is my favorite starter, not just because it was my first, but because the idea of a steel penguin is amazing.

(though blaziken is best competitive starter).

Oh, and I thought that all the Gen 1 starters this generation were female...because my Blastiose in Y was female the first time, and I think the Bulbasaur I wondertraded away for my Wonderlocke was female, too...

Maybe my luck is good with that, but not shinies? I dunno.

This also happened in my HG game, I picked a Charmander and it was female. Dunno why all Gen 1 starters I receive are female...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

See, I don't get the hate people have for R/S/E--its music, its story, its Pokémon. For my money, Emerald was the best Pokémon game before X and Y came around. :)

Hey, I just finished the main game for Pokemon X (gyms + elite four) so now I'm trying out the friend safari. Anyone want to add me? My friend code is 3153 5157 0805. I'm on right now, so I can add back pretty much instantly.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

When I restart diamond for the 3rd time, i'm picking Piplup and naming him Frobisher. :D

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

See, I don't get the hate people have for R/S/E--its music, its story, its Pokémon. For my money, Emerald was the best Pokémon game before X and Y came around. :)

I agree Emerald is my Favorite Pokémon Game. If they do remake Ruby and Sapphire I hope they remake Emerald as well.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

It's just you. (J/k) But I really hate this soundtrack, not as bad as the soundtrack for R/S/E but it's pretty bad, IMO, My favorite soundtrack was HG/SS.

I personally like sceptile more then blaziken and marshtomp, honestly, But I think Infernape is just so freaking great. My favorite starter ever, even better then greninja and empoleon IMO, from a gameplay standpoint, I think blaziken is the best starter ever, because speed boost.

I like B/W 1 best. Because Ghetsis. And the sad one. And Nuvema. And emboar. (whos really awesome and cuddly and d'awww)

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

So I'm paralyzed with indecision because Chesnaught wants to learn Mud Shot (which I want him to learn because I have zero Ground moves on my team), but I already have Spiky Shield/Bite/Seed Bomb/Rollout as his setup and Rollout's Rock typing has been really useful (I don't have any more Rock-type moves on my team, either). I've swapped him for a filler for the moment, but what should I do? Lose Rollout or Bite, or not learn Mud Shot?