Well, first off I'd recommend not using Mud Shot at all and grabbing the TM for Bulldoze instead (South Boulevard Pokemon Center in Lumiose for 10,000 pokemonies). It's an all-around better move - more power, more PP, higher accuracy, same side effect, plus it's a physical attack, which is better for Chesnaught in the first place.

Anyway, I'd replace Rollout. Bulldoze still gives you coverage of Fire- and Ice-types, and it gives you coverage of Electric-types as well, which of course no other type does (while you can use other Pokemon to cover Bug- and Flying-types). Actually, I'd probably replace Bite as well, with Shadow Claw, which is more powerful and gives you the same super-effective coverage. The TM is in Glittering Cave, according to Bulbapedia.

Q2TtLEz.png

Well, first off I'd recommend not using Mud Shot at all and grabbing the TM for Bulldoze instead (South Boulevard Pokemon Center in Lumiose for 10,000 pokemonies). It's an all-around better move - more power, more PP, higher accuracy, same side effect, plus it's a physical attack, which is better for Chesnaught in the first place.

Anyway, I'd replace Rollout. Bulldoze still gives you coverage of Fire- and Ice-types, and it gives you coverage of Electric-types as well, which of course no other type does (while you can use other Pokemon to cover Bug- and Flying-types). Actually, I'd probably replace Bite as well, with Shadow Claw, which is more powerful and gives you the same super-effective coverage. The TM is in Glittering Cave, according to Bulbapedia.

Might want to watch your type coverage there buddy. =P

Once Quilladin evolves, you might want to teach it fighting type TM moves so Chesnaught can earn additional STAB against Normal, Ice, Rock, Dark, and Steel types.

Or if you reach Dendemille town, you can reteach it Hammer Arm if you have a Heart Scale with you. Or there's the other option of waiting until Level 60 to learn it.

--==My MOCs==--

Hey I have a question about rotom and its forms. In its standard form its signature move is thundershock. If I were to use a pp max on thundershock then turn rotom into its ice form. would blizzard retain the extra pp boost?

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Might want to watch your type coverage there buddy. =P

Once Quilladin evolves, you might want to teach it fighting type TM moves so Chesnaught can earn additional STAB against Normal, Ice, Rock, Dark, and Steel types.

Or if you reach Dendemille town, you can reteach it Hammer Arm if you have a Heart Scale with you. Or there's the other option of waiting until Level 60 to learn it.

Oh whoops. :P I think I was looking at the defensive column or something?

Anyway yeah I realized after I posted that I'd left out a Fighting-type move. You'll definitely want one of those down the road.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

I hate hordes. I mean, for fighting and xp they're OK, but it's so frustrating when you see something like, "oh, look, Intimidate--one of those scraggy has its Dream World ability! ...now which one is it? >_< "

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Speaking on shinies, i jioned Unvona RPG today and my 3rd pokemon was a shiny patrat. :D

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

*fist pump* Yeah! Eevee in a Luxury ball! :D

Now to breed the heck out of it. :P What are some good Natures for the various Eeveelutions? I'm not at the point where I can breed for IVs or Hidden Abilities or even most egg moves, but by gum I can at least breed for Nature. :P

(Although...the Destiny Knot works on a Ditto parent, yes? I may have zero means of checking for IVs, but I can at least improve my odds. :P )

Apologies for the double-post, I can't seem to edit them from my 3DS. :-/ Can someone test and see if Luxury Balls pass down properly if both Pokémon are the same species and the female is in a Luxury Ball? I bred a male in a LB with Ditto and only got regular balls for my trouble. :-(

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

No thanks. I still have my Patrat with Pokerus in the pc. I'll be transferring it over to Y along with my Legendaries and my team.

I hope they release Pokémon bank soon.

On another note. I finally caught up on all the Pokémon movies. I watched Black Victini & White Victini side by side since most of the animation is shared by both movies. I paused one movie to watch the other when the started becoming different.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I wouldn't mind it, though it'll probably sit in my box as well since I only just now beat the Grass-type gym.

Also, as I've been reassured that I'm safe from crawlers:

3625-9584-9417

After 4 hours of breeding I finally got a 31/31/x/31/31/31 Naive Chimchar. As a result I have several with 3-4 IVs that I need to get rid of. If anyone's interested send me a PM with your FC and we can work something out.

Also, thank you Bunda for the x/x/31/31/31/31 Noibat. It'll be very helpful in the future.

Edited by Loner

3DS FC: 4038-6111-3088. If anyone's interested in a battle or trade, send me a pm

Name: Link

For anyone interested in adding me (Safari: Pachirisu and Electabuzz, 3rd not yet known), my FC is in my previous post, and I'll be leaving my 3DS online for the rest of the evening. If there's anything I need to do on my end, let me know. :)

(I'll try to comb through the topic adding FCs either tonight or tomorrow, but definitely repost or PM if you feel so inclined--I don't want to miss anyone. :) )

EDIT: I've added about half of you, the other half didn't have FCs in sig or posts. I'll resume tomorrow sending out PMs. :)

Edited by Flipz

Man I have so much stuff now...

I've got 3 wondertrade boxes and some trade boxes so if anyone cares so if you want to grab something from it ask me.

4-5 IV mons: (assume the irrelevant attack stat is not perfect since I don't remember anymore)

1 female jolly moderator breaker Axew

3 jolly skill link shellder with rock blast (2 female, 1 male)

1 timid female gastly with disable

1 male gale wings adamant fletchling

2 female jolly marvel scale dratini

1 jolly s###### kangaskhan

4 timid larvesta with morning sun (1 male, 3 female)

1 female jolly shiney magikarp (3 IVs)

1 male bold own tempo slowpoke

1 male keen eye jolly sneasel with pursuit and icicle crash

1 female jolly moxie pinser with close combat and quick attack

1 female timid tinted lens venonat with giga drain, toxic spikes and baton pass

1 male quiet magic guard solosis

1 male naughty zorua with sucker punch

1 male naïve iron fist chimchar with thunder punch

1 timid hustle nidoran female

1 malenaïve static elekid with ice punch

1 female modest speed boost yanma

1 female adamant sand rush sandshrew

1 male carful guts larvitar with dragon dance, pursuit and stealth rock

For the wonder trade boxes just ask me. I have iron fist chimchars, and some other rare things.

What I'm looking for is a porygon. Preferably one with 4-5 IVs but it's okay if it doesn't. thanks.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

Been putting some finishing touches on my living dex. Bit the bullet and decided to go all out on all forms (even got all variants of Flabebe and its evolutions). One of my friends as been helping me out with Vivillons in exchange for a bunch of unobtanables. I only need 2 patterns now...or only one, really. She managed to get an extra Archipelago, I just haven't had the time to trade her. Getting an Icy Snow will be a pain, however.

Anyway, today I was breeding her a Finneon for the Archipelago Vivillon. Only hatched the one egg annnnnd it came out as a shiny. So that's pretty neat. Kind of odd that out of 35 shinies I've found, this is only the second Sinnoh one. Hm. Also found a shiny Braixen and Ninetales last weekend. So that's neat. Unsure if the shiny charm is actually helping much, but I hope it is.

Also, today I finally managed to get some non-spring Deerlings from the GTS. I'm now only missing Winter. So. An Icy Snow Vivillon and a winter Deerling and I'll be able to finish my living dex.....also a new Porygon2, now that I think about it. I traded mine for an autumn Deerling. So a Vivillon, a Deerling and 32 BP are all I need. I can almost taste the completion.

*at least until i can transfer over some unowns*

AXKP5KC.png

Did anyone else find themselves slowly losing more and more interest as they played through the Gen. VI games? I bought the game in October and yet I only have 5 badges. Every time I pick the game up I feel bored... I guess the series has lost its luster for me completely (thanks, Gen. V).

Also, today I finally managed to get some non-spring Deerlings from the GTS. I'm now only missing Winter. So. An Icy Snow Vivillon and a winter Deerling and I'll be able to finish my living dex.....also a new Porygon2, now that I think about it. I traded mine for an autumn Deerling. So a Vivillon, a Deerling and 32 BP are all I need. I can almost taste the completion.

Hey, would it be too much trouble for you to breed and give me a porygon? I can uh... give you a speed boost carvahna?

It'd be very helpful. I've been looking for one with no luck for a little while now.

In fact, yeah, I can get ANYONE a speed boost carvahna, or an Iron Fist Chimchar, as I have those, although I'm looking for a porygon, I'll give you one for nothing.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

I think I might want to hold out for Pokemon Z or whatever. From what I've read from reviews, X and Y seem to be a little too easy and obnoxious, and they have bad post game.

On the other hand, they're so shiny. And I could play in Spanish. And perhaps it's a good game to do my first nuzlock on.

Arrrrrrg.

Are there any large differences in Gameplay between X and Y, besides version exclusives?

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Hey, would it be too much trouble for you to breed and give me a porygon? I can uh... give you a speed boost carvahna?

It'd be very helpful. I've been looking for one with no luck for a little while now.

In fact, yeah, I can get ANYONE a speed boost carvahna, or an Iron Fist Chimchar, as I have those, although I'm looking for a porygon, I'll give you one for nothing.

I actually think I have an extra Porygon already laying around in my PC, so it wouldn't be any trouble. Its stats aren't anything special, though, as far as I know, but you can have it.

AXKP5KC.png

Friend Code? I couldn't seem to find yours in my backtrack through the topic. I'm cooking up a few Adamant Intimidate Mawile at the moment if you'd like--their IVs won't be that great, but I'm looking into getting the ability, Nature, and any egg moves I go with onto a female so that IVs are the only thing to do when I finally unlock postgame.

I think I might want to hold out for Pokemon Z or whatever. From what I've read from reviews, X and Y seem to be a little too easy and obnoxious, and they have bad post game.

On the other hand, they're so shiny. And I could play in Spanish. And perhaps it's a good game to do my first nuzlock on.

Arrrrrrg.

Are there any large differences in Gameplay between X and Y, besides version exclusives?

Try a Wonderlocke, I've heard they're pretty fun. :)

I haven't gotten to the postgame, so I can't speak to that, but the general play-through has been immensely pleasurable for me. :) I will agree that it can get a little bit too easy at times level-wise--you might consider giving yourself the extra rule that you have to completely change up your team after every gym, just so that the level gap stays a little more stable. (Or you could just turn off the Exp. Share and groan in agony as spreading experience becomes a pain in the rear again. :P )

Arrrrrrg.

Try a Wonderlocke, I've heard they're pretty fun. :)

they are

really fun

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I actually think I have an extra Porygon already laying around in my PC, so it wouldn't be any trouble. Its stats aren't anything special, though, as far as I know, but you can have it.

Thanks, but I was actually able to get one off the gts. on 4 IVs right now... trying for 5 ATM.

Friend Code? I couldn't seem to find yours in my backtrack through the topic. I'm cooking up a few Adamant Intimidate Mawile at the moment if you'd like--their IVs won't be that great, but I'm looking into getting the ability, Nature, and any egg moves I go with onto a female so that IVs are the only thing to do when I finally unlock postgame.

I already have a 5 IV adamant intimidate female mawile, so I'll just give you a chimchar/carvahna for nothing.

My FC is 4527-7465-9250 my IGN is calem.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

Thanks, but I was actually able to get one off the gts. on 4 IVs right now... trying for 5 ATM.

I already have a 5 IV adamant intimidate female mawile, so I'll just give you a chimchar/carvahna for nothing.

My FC is 4527-7465-9250 my IGN is calem.

Cool, thanks. :) Added.

OMG I GOT A SHINY LEVEL 100 AERDACTLY OFF WONDER TRADE!! The other guy got a zigzagoon. >:D

OMMMG MY FIRST LEGIT SHINY OMGGG.

(Not counting event dialga and Palkia.)

This guy is gonna go on my team.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

*googles*

Well, that sounds interesting. I might ignore the part about having to keep the lapras etc. that people give you, because that only leaves 2 members of the team open. Oh wait-you can't nickname your pokemon...I don't think I'll do that then, that's one of the most fun parts for me.

So which is better, X or Y? I like Y's pokemon a lot better (and the ultimate weapon plot makes a lot more sense with giant death bird then giant life dear)...but the Nightwalker is so pretty.

Started my run of Japanese Diamond. ^^

Edited by -Windrider-

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

To circumvent the no-nckname problem and such I actually got someone to breed my pokemon for me and nickname them for me with names I wanted.

oh and i wonder trade only 'mons i recieve as gifts, never catching any on the route. makes it harder, reduces the amount of mons you can get, etc etc. and all dead get wondertraded.

unless i find a shiny

then screw the rules i'm catching that

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

*googles*

Well, that sounds interesting. I might ignore the part about having to keep the lapras etc. that people give you, because that only leaves 2 members of the team open. Oh wait-you can't nickname your pokemon...I don't think I'll do that then, that's one of the most fun parts for me.

So which is better, X or Y? I like Y's pokemon a lot better (and the ultimate weapon plot makes a lot more sense with giant death bird then giant life dear)...but the Nightwalker is so pretty.

Started my run of Japanese Diamond. ^^

Well, Xerneas destroys Yveltal with Geomancy and Moonblast (plus I liked X's exclusives better), so that's what I went with. :P

Also, I need to remember to turn off internet when I'm away from my 3DS. >_<

Also, I need to remember to turn off internet when I'm away from my 3DS. >_<

No kidding, I was trying to give you the carvahna and chimchar for like half an hour...

Anyway, the last pokemon that I want to get that isn't from the bank is a gallade.

I'm looking for a kirilia friend saferi or a ralts/kirlis with it's hidden ability (telepathy) thanks.

Gamers rise up, not down

Have you tried Reddit? Their Friend Safari subreddit is VERY well organized and heavily policed, it should be a great one-stop-shop.

EDIT: Cute Charm still works if the lead pokemon with it is KO'd, right?

Edited by Flipz

You mean the field effect? Yeah, field effects work even if the lead Pokemon is fainted.

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

You mean the field effect? Yeah, field effects work even if the lead Pokemon is fainted.

I'm glad it does. It took me nearly two hours (one of which was solely me running around Route 22 with a fainted Level 7 male non-HA Sylveon while using Super Repel and Encounter O-Power Level 1), but I finally got a female Riolu and Eevee in Luxury Balls. Yes, I realize I'll have to do it all over again once I get Friend Safari (in order to get their HAs), though considering that Dark is not nearly as popular an attacking type anymore (bloody Fairies), I'm not sure Justified would even be worth it.

EDIT: Though I have to wonder if Game Freak realizes that they've completely short-circuited the whole gender ratio thing through the mere existence of Sylveon. Eevee is one of those 'mons with the absurd gender ratio like the starters have, which means the majority of Sylveon are male, which makes getting any other wild Pokemon with a mostly-male gender ratio trivial; back in Emerald, I remember celebrating for days after hatching a male Igglybuff with Cute Charm, knowing that I'd FINALLY be able to breed certain species that would otherwise have eluded me.

Edited by Flipz

After a day of doing masuda method on quite a few things unsuccessfully, I finally struck gold and got a shiny Buneary in just 2 eggs! He is adorable <33333 he doesn't have the best ability or the best stats (only 3 perfect) but he is pink and he will be a fabulous Lopunny.

AXKP5KC.png

On my Japanese Diamond run I just caught a bidoof with two IV phrases.

Is that a glitch?

[BZPRPG Profiles]

@Yukiko - What two phrases does it say? Since I can't exactly read Japanese idk if I'm of much help unless you post a screenshot...

---

Was Vivillon-hunting on the GTS. I find a Scatterbug from Okinawa. The person wanted a Florges and claimed the Scatterbug was Monsoon with 5 IVs. I was initially skeptical, but I decided to trade anyway. So, I use up a Shiny Stone on a Floette I got off the GTS and traded it.

I checked the summary of the Vivillon. Timid nature, with 5 marks and a characteristic suggesting a perfect IV. So I decide to evolve it and confirm its identity.

Monsoon pattern.

One of the rarest patterns (second to Sandstorm... V__V) get, complete with perfect IVs. The person probably did not want it because of it having Shield Dust as its ability, but that can be fixed with an Ability Capsule...

Thank you random japanese guy!

--==My MOCs==--

@Yukiko - What two phrases does it say? Since I can't exactly read Japanese idk if I'm of much help unless you post a screenshot...

---

Was Vivillon-hunting on the GTS. I find a Scatterbug from Okinawa. The person wanted a Florges and claimed the Scatterbug was Monsoon with 5 IVs. I was initially skeptical, but I decided to trade anyway. So, I use up a Shiny Stone on a Floette I got off the GTS and traded it.

I checked the summary of the Vivillon. Timid nature, with 5 marks and a characteristic suggesting a perfect IV. So I decide to evolve it and confirm its identity.

Monsoon pattern.

One of the rarest patterns (second to Sandstorm... V__V) get, complete with perfect IVs. The person probably did not want it because of it having Shield Dust as its ability, but that can be fixed with an Ability Capsule...

Thank you random japanese guy!

Nice one, dude! :)

And hey, the new attraction on GTS is actually a decent way to get surplus evolutionary stones (provided you're using Wonder Trade a lot and/or are okay with random luck-based silliness).

The english phrases the correspond to are "Likes to eat" and "Takes plenty of siestas," so it can't mean a tie for IVs because they both correspond to HP IV.

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]