Official PR is up on the English site as well. (I don't think there's any sort of commenting system/forums, but if there is, my bad!)http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-black-version-2-and-pokemon-white-version-2/

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

So... if Kyurem has forms that actually fit the titles this time(Awesome new logos, by the way); I wonder if that'll change anything for the rest of the exclusives? Like; say; totally switching all the exclusives, so that Black 2 is effectively White's sequel, and vice versa./EDIT: 0_o Wow. NoA; actually up to date on something?! ... Yeah... Between this, the Hyrule Historia, and everything else... I'd start raising the land up off the earth, and trying to work on utilizing Fonons; otherwise, I think we're definitely out of luck in December. ._.'//EDIT: I wish they hadn't cropped that KyuRom/KyuRam image, though; they could've taken a chance to also put up the new English logos, at the same time. =PI do hope that the 'Black Version 2' and 'White Version 2' that the NA site's put up is not the way it'll be on the logos... If 'Version' really still needs to be present(Since everyone ignores it when talking about the games anyway. =P); it should be under the version titles, with the '2' beside the titles, effectively like...Black 2Version 2(Imagine that the '2' is large enough to take up both lines)

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

I'm a little bit extremely dissapointed that these aren't for 3DS, but hey, we haven't gotten any new Pokemon games in a while, so I can't complain.But...numbered sequels? Whoa. What company is this? :P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Must...resist...urge...to get...Japanese Yen and...buy these...when they come out...in Japan!Seriously, epic new forms are EPIC. I wonder if they have anything to do with the myth that Reshiram and Zekrom were once the same dragon that split into two? Of course, it could also be that the forms are related to the theory that Kyurem is the shell of the dragon Pokemon. Might be some completely new plot twist. Who knows? I really hope these are direct sequels to the Black and White games, because I have NO desire to go through the entire 'Team Plasma' thing again.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Rau: Well, it's not that hard to believe. Everyone was thinking Grey would be out/announced sometime soon anyway. It's just... It's not Grey. It's two separate versions instead. =PRahkshi: I'd simply wait; since the American site announced this already... I'm taking that to be a sign that it's coming out sooner than later. =P

I'm kinda hoping they are indeed direct sequels; would definitely work well. I just wonder how the new forms will work...Also, annoyed at the non-3DS state of these. Why didn't they allow universal FCs for this? =/

If they're direct sequels, then that almost requires two new player characters, and new rivals. Otherwise, how do they explain you starting from scratch with no Pokemon or items?As for the forms, I think White Kyurem is an improvement on Reshiram, design-wise. It looks more... I dunno... balanced, rather than having an Eiffel-tower body shape (Long neck, squat body). As for the black one... it's an improvement on the original Kyurem, but it's not an improvement on Zekrom, if that makes sense.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Well, honestly, it looks as if it's somehow a fusion, so... it doesn't really matter, as long as one gets upgraded. In KyuRam's case, it's Reshiram, in KyuRom's, it's Kyurem.Actually... In both cases, it's Kyurem, so... =P

Given that for years the schedule has been, "Out in September in Japan, out in North America February," and that these games aren't the dramatic polygonal 3D games we were expecting, I'm expecting the launch will be a little bit more synchronized than normal.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I'm thinking Black 2 is in spirit the sequel to White; but... There really isn't anything saying that KyuRom isn't N's Zekrom fused with Kyurem.Also, funny you should mention that, I'm trying to imagine a ReshiKyuRom right now. =P/EDIT: Ddude: When has a Pokemon game been out in February, when they release in September? =P

I'm thinking Black 2 is in spirit the sequel to White; but... There really isn't anything saying that KyuRom isn't N's Zekrom fused with Kyurem.Also, funny you should mention that, I'm trying to imagine a ReshiKyuRom right now. =P/EDIT: Ddude: When has a Pokemon game been out in February, when they release in September? =P

If the games are really supposed to be sequels, then it would make sense for Black 2 to follow Black, even though the mascot is different. And since they are sequels it makes sense that it could be N's dragon that becomes fused. I think the sequels must have to do with the writing in the Abyssal Ruins.
black_-_the_host.png

Well... Give it some time. The DS took what, 2 years to get one, even longer here? It had a similar situation as well; since Emerald was released back when the DS was just gaining ground.The next main series games will probably be on the 3DS, depending on:1) If they decide to jump straight to Gen 6.2) If they decide to put any remakes onto the 3DS instead of the DS.And 3) If they decide to somehow continue to Black/White saga even after Black/White 2, and also manage perfect connection between the DS and 3DS, even when they're for two different systems.(Take note that in terms of actual gameplay, it's likely like trying to connect a DS to a Wireless Adapter GBA, BC wireless compatibility or not doesn't matter for that comparison. =P)

Those new Kyurem formes look pretty cool, although their signature moves will suck unless the alternate Kyurems get an alternate ability making charged attacks work in one turn. Also, if they end up being Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric, which seems likely, the former will be horrendous defensively. Ice/Electric, however, sounds cool for having STAB Boltbeam. Regardless, lack of Dragon STAB will also be a loss. Seems that these new cover Legendaries may be destined for OU/BL as normal Kyurem is.Another thing is that I hope these guys can be transferred into Black/White 1, as I don't want to have to transfer my ~100 EV trained Pokes again. D:~B~

Edited by Ballom

Another thing is that I hope these guys can be transferred into Black/White 1, as I don't want to have to transfer my ~100 EV trained Pokes again. D:~B~

I don't see how that would be possible, there's no data for them in those games.
They could offer a patch for it somehow? Maybe included sneakily in a Mystery Gift? I dunno, I'm just clinging irrationally to the hope. XD~B~

/EDIT: Ddude: When has a Pokemon game been out in February, when they release in September? =P

Okay, okay, March. :P

Another thing is that I hope these guys can be transferred into Black/White 1, as I don't want to have to transfer my ~100 EV trained Pokes again. D:~B~

I don't see how that would be possible, there's no data for them in those games.
They could offer a patch for it somehow? Maybe included sneakily in a Mystery Gift? I dunno, I'm just clinging irrationally to the hope. XD~B~
There was placeholder data for a new form for Kyurem, but I'm not sure how that actually works if the new form is transferred, because there's no sprite data for the new formes...and fire/ice and elec/ice are both bad typings, IMO. Kyurem needs to stay as a dragon type and either be tri-typed or have an ability that grants it an extra STAB based on which form it is, although tri-typed doesn't seem too likely. But then again neither did BW2.
black_-_the_host.png

Yeah, these sequels are weird, but it's good to see things mixed up a bit in terms of how they deal with releasing games. Looking forward to it. If we take release dates to be the same (generally a six month gap for localization) then we should get them sometime in December.Also, I'm glad they're not 3DS exclusive; it might have been a decent financial move on their part, but it's a huge slap to the face for fans. R/S remakes will probably be 3DS exclusive, though =/. Ah well, worry about that later.In other news, I've been trying my hand at the Wifi train in B/W, but I don't really know why I bother. All it does is tell me that I need to EV train more to compensate for AI hax and those lovely flawless shiny opponents that were probably hacked anyway. I already knew that. (also allowing legendaries? lol)

r/s remakes will be on DS too if just so they don't have to split up a generation on different consoles.elec/ice is fantastic typing. stab boltbeam almost guarantees OU, if not sending kyurom entirely to ubers. i doubt it'll be banned, though, being SR weak and whatnot.

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Let's put it this way: It makes sense that the games aren't on the 3DS, for two reasons(Even though it's slightly annoying that the awesome features are not probably going to be able to be used):1) The original games were on the DS, however odd that was initially. Therefore, the sequels would be on the same system, however bad an idea that seems.2) No Pokemon game has been released within the first two or three years of a system's lifetime. In fact; Emerald was released in 2005. The DS was released around 2004, IIRC. D/P then took about 2 more years after that. That's three years before the DS got a main series game./EDIT: *Pauses* ... *Looks at calendar* ... *Looks at our guesses for when this'll be released, provided they follow the typical patterns* ... Well. Looks like we know what's gonna cause that 2012 apocalypse, provided it actually happens. =P//EDIT: Potentially averted, we have them potentially scheduled for Autumn 2012. I just wish that people other than NoJ would actually give details on stuff like the release dates for these things, preferably earlier than the week before it releases. >_>(Goes for things other than Pokemon too; like half the downloadable games on the 3DS... They keep us in the dark, until the day it releases. -_-')

NoA has put out a press release saying the games are coming in the fall for America. Likewise for Europe.On the one hand, it's good to have such a quick turnaround - on the other, I just hope this means they've reworked their localization process a bit and it's not a case of there being little new content to localize.EDIT: Edit-ninja'd?

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Huh, same time edit/post. =PWhile that's good and all, and I like the fact that it's out sooner than next year... I just wish they'd actually give a more concrete date. Like, you know, a possible month to expect it in, like Japan did.Also, technically there isn't much to translate. They've already got 649 Pokemon details translated, countless moves and abilities, in-battle stuff(Though they'd have to change the font slightly if they go with a different battle screen style again), and item text. Therefore, all they'd have to translate is the new in-game story text, any Pokedex entries they need to update, and select other things. Really, I bet you that Black and White could've been out at least a month or two earlier, if it wasn't for having to newly translate 156 new Pokemon and tons of moves and abilities... You wouldn't think it'd be a lot, but every little bit counts. =P Here, technically they could do one of two things: Start on stuff as they go/as they get the material, or just leave stuff like the Pokedex entries and any new items, until they finish the story text updates, which is honestly slightly more important in this case.But really, NoA/E's localization team has been getting better over the last couple years... Shown in full force by the fact that NoE had Black and White before us for once, and NoA got the translation done many days in advance of when they got HGSS done... which can really be taken into consideration when you think about the fact that it released in Japan later this time, than HGSS's release date. And we still got Black and White in early March.

I think that's becoming a big theme with this generation, to be honest. There's a reason Gamefreak's getting a nickname of Trollfreak. =PLet's count..."They'd never make games with the name Black and White!"*Looks at two sets of games with that name now* Yeah... That didn't last long. =P"They'll always have cover legendaries that match their respective colours!"Reshiram and Zekrom beg to differ. =P"They'll never surpass the number of Pokemon from the original game."There's 156, the original game has 151. What now? =P"Well, well, they can't have just entirely new Pokemon!"Yep, they can. And did."... Well, I bet you the story's still the typical 'get 8 badges, defeat champion, win game'."Yeah... About that... N kinda intercepted the story, and well... I think you see where I'm going with this. =P"... Well, hah! There'll still be a third game, that'll expand the storyline that was cut off at the end, and feature Kyurem!"... Well, yeah. There is a third game. ... And a fourth one. =P"... Uh... Okay then... Well... There'll be a simultaneous launch, or it'll come out in... March...?"Nope, confirmed Fall release."... Okay, I just give up predicting things for this generation, because I don't even want to jinx the RS remakes..."No word on those yet, so yeah, good idea. =P^ Pretty much the fandom the last year or two. =P

Gather round friends for the sad tale of Transairion.Once upon a time Transairion's little sister found his old Gameboy Micro with Ruby, and started a new game (without saving). So guilted/pressured was he he wiped his no-longer-used Ruby save and gave her the whole game to herself (RIP Bumface, the oddest named trainer ever :P). Many annoying days followed and after an exceedingly long period little sister demanded help catching the Regi's. Regice fell to her horribly misleveled Pokemon and was captured, Registeel not far behind. Transairion told his sister he would catch Regirock later, but she tried to do it herself...*sparkle sparkle*Wild Shiny Regirock appeared.Transairion's hopes for actually having a shiny Legendary become realisitc after trying, and failing for weeks and weeks over many Generations softresetting. He took over and tried with all his might to False Swipe it low enough and give it status... but her Pokemon team was just too terrible.Her massively overleveled starter was slain by the Regirock after a few critical hits. She carried no revies or healing items, it would not come back. The rest of the team were horrendously bad and were annilated by the Shiny Regirock."You whited out!"Yes, she found a Shiny Regirock and her team sucked so badly it killed them all. Dreams of my weeks of softresetting in other games not being wasted were crushed. It was gone, forever. Once again my Ruby had cheated me out of the 3rd Shiny it had produced for me... mocking me...Naturally she cried about it (she's only 8), but I'd gotten detached enough from Pokemon that I shed no tears. Not on the outside, at least.So yeah, anyone have a spare 11th movie Regigigas they could loan me? All my Regi's have terrible natures so I want to try and get some better ones in my Platnium, but I need that specific Regigigas to activate their caves (feel kinda cheated they put that in but made it event-only activation).

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

Ouch; that's horrible luck. Better luck next time.(That's why I carry like 100 revives, and at least try to keep a Master Ball on hand at all times. =P)As for the Regi, unfortunately, no, I don't have one. It's lucky I don't, though, because otherwise, it'd be over in Unova right now. =P