Well, that was sudden. Guess they wanted some good news to go along with the Nintendo earnings reports.

Dunno if I'll pick it up - R/S were some of my favorite entries, but X is still sitting unfinished for me. Will wait and see what sort of additions/etc. they put in.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Ruby and Sapphire were awesome games. I am definitely going to be picking up Alpha Sapphire, at least.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Trumpets. Trumpets! TRUMPETS!!

The progression of events today for me, were like.

"/logs onto BZP on tablet. /looks at notifications."

"Huh, Pokemon topic notifications? I wonder what that's all about."

"/sees stuff about hype in blogs."

"No..."

"/sees mention of gen 3"

"NO..."

"/sees Hoenn Confirmed in here."

"... ... ... YES!!1!!1!!1"

"/logs on BZP normally and celebrates with TRUMPETS"

/EDIT: Editing with numbers instead because of the three ! emoticon, which detracts from the sheer excitement shown. =P

Edited by Tiz Arrior

No Emerald Remake. :( Though based on what the games end up as. I may still pick one up.

On an unrelated note I found a Shiny Combee while berry farming. Bad news is that its a male one.

Edited by Takanuinuva

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

TRUMPETS

YEAH

MUDKIPS

GROVLYES

KYORGE

WATER

DIVE

POKEMON

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I am very excited. Despite how I hated Generation V and ended up disliking Generation VI, I can still go back and play Diamond or Soulsilver and have a lot of fun. And now my favorite generation will be on the 3DS!

Omega Ruby all the way for me. B-) I can't wait to start off on an adventure with Treecko and Taillow again...

YES

YES

YES

I've been waiting for this for a while. I was surprised they didn't do it in Gen V.

But they're doing it in 3D and now I'm happier than before.

Excuse me whilst I save up money for both versions.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED... oh wait, wrong game.

Seriously, though, this is awesome. Mega Groudon and Kyogre look amazing and Hoenn was always my favorite region.

Wait wait wait

Mega Groudon and Mega Kygore?

when did this happen.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Wait wait wait

Mega Groudon and Mega Kygore?

when did this happen.

Well, the Groudon and Kyogre on the boxart look a little... different. Mega Evolutions was my first assumption, too.

But either way, this is great. Sapphire was the first game I completed the Pokedex in (albeit only the regional 'dex), so I'll definitely be picking up Alpha Sapphire.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Sweet! I can finally visit Hoenn!

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

And absolutely nobody was surprised. :P

This is great, though! Whatever the deal with Groudon and Kyogre is, they look great, and having never played a Hoenn game, I'm excited. I've been in a bit of a Pokemon slump for a few months, too, so getting something later on in the year should be great. Though I guess now I gotta start saving again.....

AXKP5KC.png

Hm... remake or sequel, do you think? I'm sorta hoping sequel, since there's room for more characters and a new story. Kyogre and Groudon having different forms certainly suggests something new.

(Other news: I've nearly completed my XY dex and got a shiny Pinsir the other day!)

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jdwThtYJS6k/U1My50LMLWI/AAAAAAAAATc/XT21vF7kvOk/w426-h320/tumblr_mra84olCEd1s5h198o1_400.gif
Hype Hype Hype

Totally picking up Alpha Sapphire.

Edit: Please link to images over 500 kB.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Hm... remake or sequel, do you think? I'm sorta hoping sequel, since there's room for more characters and a new story. Kyogre and Groudon having different forms certainly suggests something new.

(Other news: I've nearly completed my XY dex and got a shiny Pinsir the other day!)

It's been confirmed to be remakes, not sequels.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

tumblr_inline_muiloxntru1qfpu0w.png

SO HYPE

Oh my god this. Those water routes were nightmares.

Hoenn is my least favorite region, but I trust they will bring enough new stuff to the update to warrant a buy.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Got Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs yesterday! Soon I will get that manaphy, soon.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Kyogre's 3d model always looks so happy.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

FRLG - 2004

HGSS - 2009

ORAS - 2014

I can't wait until 2019 for the Sinnoh remakes!

Personally I can't wait until 2024, when we'll get the Unova remakes.

-TNTOS-

• Upvote 2

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

FRLG - 2004

HGSS - 2009

ORAS - 2014

I can't wait until 2019 for the Sinnoh remakes!

Personally I can't wait until 2024, when we'll get the Unova remakes.

-TNTOS-

Or 2029, when we get the Kalos re— wait...

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

BnT838tIcAA7ShV.png

But yeah, this is going to be fun.

I found myself my new computer backround.

Anyway, the day I get a shiny will be the day England wins the world cup. NEVER.

EDIT: Does anybody want to help me evolve my Electabuzz?

Edited by Timelady Gallade
  • Upvote 1

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

I know I'm gonna get flack for this but...

I did not like ruby and sapphire as games, the music was terrible (Never knew before I played the game but I freaking hate trumpets) and they had by far the stupidest gangs in all of Pokémon history,

I'll probably end up getting it but only if they don't release some update to allow me to use whatever megas or whatever I like from X and Y. (Which they probably won't)

...Or they put in another world tournament thing but with the elite four members as well.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

I'll probably end up getting it but only if they don't release some update to allow me to use whatever megas or whatever I like from X and Y. (Which they probably won't)

Having a little bit of trouble parsing this sentence. Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire will almost assuredly contain all the Mega Evolutions from X and Y (although possibly not all of the Mega Stones required to use them yourself). They may also contain new Mega Evolutions, and those might even become useable in X and Y—remember, X and Y have already been patched once, so another patch might very well add full compatibility with the new games (adding new Megas and possibly making the ORAS protagonists able to show up in the PSS, for example). I would not, however, expect the Mega Stones from the new games to be made available in X and Y, so if you want to use any of the new ones you'll probably have to trade a Pokémon from the new games holding the necessary stones.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Having a little bit of trouble parsing this sentence. Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire will almost assuredly contain all the Mega Evolutions from X and Y (although possibly not all of the Mega Stones required to use them yourself). They may also contain new Mega Evolutions, and those might even become useable in X and Y—remember, X and Y have already been patched once, so another patch might very well add full compatibility with the new games (adding new Megas and possibly making the ORAS protagonists able to show up in the PSS, for example). I would not, however, expect the Mega Stones from the new games to be made available in X and Y, so if you want to use any of the new ones you'll probably have to trade a Pokémon from the new games holding the necessary stones.

Typo. Meant "in X and Y" So yeah, any new mega stones in Saphire/Ruby probably won't be available or usable in X and Y (Most likely) which is what I was saying.

You'll probably be able to see them and fight them though like the alternate kyurem and Djinns like in BW though.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

X and Y have been patched like three times now, so, yeah. xP

The Mega Stone point is a good one; despite this being the first patchable game, I doubt they'd toss in the ability to actually obtain any new stones in X/Y natively.

/EDIT: Usable in X/Y, though, I can see happening with a patch. Again, they've already released a good few patches to fix certain things; I can see them adding in compatibility data. And, well, I kinda expect it, since they pretty much only said that they wouldn't release patches that rebalance things; compatibility stuff seems open season to me, though.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

I wouldn't be surprised if they did do a compatibility patch. In fact, they might have intentionally left out code for the megas they might add, so people wouldn't stumble across, say, Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre or something, and ruin the surprise that this was.

Though Mega Lati@ was kinda suspicious...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Just downloaded a Pokémon Emerald Randomizer rom. Doing my first actual Nuzlocke of it with standard rules. With one change. If I find a Pokémon in a new area that I already own I run away from it.

My starter was a Lapras. I've named him Drew Ferry

Edit. And I've already lost. Brawly swept me with a random Slaking. Going to try again tomorrow.

Edited by Takanuinuva

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

i may have bred a 4 perfect iv brave phione

no its not up for trade

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

^My brain decided to scramble the letters in the word "Phiones" when I read that, causing me to wonder how it was possible to breed iPhones.

Also- random question, haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else...

What happens when Mega Kangaskhan uses Counter?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231