guys i just got pokemon silver today for 5 quid

unfortunately the battery is dead. :(

on the other hand, heck yea lugia

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Oh geez, I sure haven't been here in a while.

In the middle of a Sapphire Nostalgia run. I've nabbed a 10/21/21/30/27/7 Modest Kyogre. It's very handsome on the special side, so I'm inclined to keep it. What do you guys think?

The poor health is too bad, but having a low speed is actually pretty good for weather. I'd say keep it if its nature isn't awful.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

So, after thinking I'd never get into Pokemon again after Black (which I thought was awful, BTW), I got X just to try it out... And I'm actually really enjoying it.

Just caught Xerneas, checked the IVs and it's 31/5/1/31/11/31 with Careful nature. Not too keen on the low Atk/Def and middle-of-the-road Sp. Def, but that HP, Sp. Atk, and Speed is rather nice (31 is still high for IVs, right? Haven't done this in ages).

So, after thinking I'd never get into Pokemon again after Black (which I thought was awful, BTW), I got X just to try it out... And I'm actually really enjoying it.

Just caught Xerneas, checked the IVs and it's 31/5/1/31/11/31 with Careful nature. Not too keen on the low Atk/Def and middle-of-the-road Sp. Def, but that HP, Sp. Atk, and Speed is rather nice (31 is still high for IVs, right? Haven't done this in ages).

31 is the maximum for IVs, yeah. This gen, however, all unbreedable Pokemon (legendaries and baby pokemon) have 3 perfect IV's automatically, so it's easier to reset for better IVs on legendaries and such.

AXKP5KC.png

31 is the maximum for IVs, yeah. This gen, however, all unbreedable Pokemon (legendaries and baby pokemon) have 3 perfect IV's automatically, so it's easier to reset for better IVs on legendaries and such.
Huh, really? The improvements just keep getting better and better... Might try and go for a better one tomorrow, then.

^My brain decided to scramble the letters in the word "Phiones" when I read that, causing me to wonder how it was possible to breed iPhones.

Also- random question, haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else...

What happens when Mega Kangaskhan uses Counter?

From Bulbapedia: "Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst, and Bide deal the full amount of damage for both hits."

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

I'd like to briefly describe a world from a popular fictional series.

The world is populated by a great variety of different nonhuman species. Some of them resemble and act like humans, while some others are animal-like. These species can be categorized by which elemental type they fall into. There are over a dozen elements, such as fire, water, metal and electricity, and each confers different fantastic powers and abilities to the beings of this world. (Not all the elements were revealed at once; some were added by the writers after the series began.)

The beings of this world do not grow up in the normal manner. Instead, certain circumstances may cause them to suddenly metamorphose into a new form with different traits and powers. They seemingly do not age otherwise, and some have lived thousands of years.

In this world, much of the action takes place on islands or similarly small areas, although each usually contains many different smaller areas such as caves, jungles, deserts, and volcanoes. The habitations of this world are often, but not always, associated with an element uniting the beings which reside there.

In this world, the story usually focuses on a team of six who use their powers to serve the side of good. The heroes face threats such as villainous gangs, ancient monsters and corrupt authority figures, while also dealing with creatures which individually pose minor threats but appear in huge numbers in the wild areas between or beneath inhabited places. These heroes follow a code not to kill any of their enemies, but to only go as far as to temporarily incapacitate them. One of the most important themes is the heroes learning the importance of trust and cooperation.

Did I just describe Pokemon, or Bionicle?

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

The world is populated by a great variety of different nonhuman species. Some of them resemble and act like humans, while some others are animal-like. These species can be categorized by which elemental type they fall into. There are over a dozen elements, such as fire, water, metal and electricity, and each confers different fantastic powers and abilities to the beings of this world. (Not all the elements were revealed at once; some were added by the writers after the series began.)

The beings of this world do not grow up in the normal manner. Instead, certain circumstances may cause them to suddenly metamorphose into a new form with different traits and powers. They seemingly do not age otherwise, and some have lived thousands of years.

In this world, much of the action takes place on islands or similarly small areas, although each usually contains many different smaller areas such as caves, jungles, deserts, and volcanoes. The habitations of this world are often, but not always, associated with an element uniting the beings which reside there.

In this world, the story usually focuses on a team of six who use their powers to serve the side of good. The heroes face threats such as villainous gangs, ancient monsters and corrupt authority figures, while also dealing with creatures which individually pose minor threats but appear in huge numbers in the wild areas between or beneath inhabited places. These heroes follow a code not to kill any of their enemies, but to only go as far as to temporarily incapacitate them. One of the most important themes is the heroes learning the importance of trust and cooperation.

Just Pokemon. Most of the species in Bionicle aren't actually categorized by elements.

/literal

AXKP5KC.png

Pokemon games don't have six heroes, they have one hero: the random PC schmo, who orders around their little party of servants.

~B~

Ballom: He never specified six heroes; he said a team of six...

And heroes could, especially as of recent games, refer to the alt-player or rivals. Like in Diamond and Pearl and onward.

It's actually more similar than I'd think; though I don't think Pokemon's had corrupt authority figures yet. Officers that mistakenly battle you, sure, but you are alone with a team of high powered Pokemon, and a lot of the situations were night-only in most games, so it had reasons. =P

And heroes could, especially as of recent games, refer to the alt-player or rivals. Like in Diamond and Pearl and onward.

It's actually more similar than I'd think; though I don't think Pokemon's had corrupt authority figures yet. Officers that mistakenly battle you, sure, but you are alone with a team of high powered Pokemon, and a lot of the situations were night-only in most games, so it had reasons. =P

Well, I guess it depends if you consider a Gym Leader an authority figure.

AXKP5KC.png

Ghetsis wasn't ever an authority figure technically, though; he was always a member of Team Plasma, who were TRYING to force themselves into what was effectively the government, but never succeeded. =P

Though, Bionicle had Dume; and technically the Mata Nui Turaga, until they headed back to Metru Nui. They didn't mention it for a good reason, but I can't help but think things would've gone better if they had've just explained things to the Toa first. =P

Giovanni, however, is the closest equivalent to Dume, so I guess that works. And I guess in another sense, Malva of Kalos' E4.

Finally caught Xerneas in X, and what a beaut it is:

Modest: 26, 27 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 10 / 31

And caught in my first Premier Ball, too!

:D

Edited by ~Takava Nirhii~
  • Upvote 1

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

Finally caught Xerneas in X, and what a beaut it is:

Modest: 26, 27 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 10 / 31

And caught in my first Premier Ball, too!

:D

Don't the X and Y cover legendaries always have 3 max IVs? If so, that's still quite good, but not as rare as 4 max IVs would be an a purely random Poke.

~B~

Yeah, they do. I'm just happy that I got a decent Xerneas on my first try. I probably won't ever use it, but if it helps me sleep better at night, hey.

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

I'm the opposite, actually. I love the Aqua redesigns, especially Archie. However, not too big of a fan of the Magma redesigns. I really liked Tabitha, and now he's my least favorite design wise. I also don't really know what to feel about the Brendan/May redesigns. I'm alright with Steven.

I'm interested to see how much they actually change... It seems really drastic right now. I don't know how much they changed with FRLG and HGSS, having played the remakes before the originals.

A bunch of Omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire info was just revealed.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

[hype intensifies]

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I really like Mega Sceptile's design. The ability is a bit out there, though. Mega Swampert is okay. Mega Diancie is pretty, but the fact that there's (most likely) going to be an event-only mega for an event-only Pokemon (which we haven't even gotten outside of Japan yet) is pretty iffy. And since Blaziken was included there, I wonder if Mega Sceptile/Swampert are also going to be event-only?

I like the designs overall. Never played RSE, so I have no real basis of comparison to the old ones, but I like them. The protagonists look great.

AXKP5KC.png

I have a feeling that now Mega Blaziken will not be event exclusive, and its mega stone will be like the Kantos: you get it upon recieving the Pokemon.

What I'm interested in, though, is the "Primeval" forms of Mega Groudon/Kyogre...I wonder how, exactly, they're different? Will they act the same as megas? Or will you be able to have 1 Mega...and a Primeval form on the same team?

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I have a feeling that now Mega Blaziken will not be event exclusive, and its mega stone will be like the Kantos: you get it upon recieving the Pokemon.

What I'm interested in, though, is the "Primeval" forms of Mega Groudon/Kyogre...I wonder how, exactly, they're different? Will they act the same as megas? Or will you be able to have 1 Mega...and a Primeval form on the same team?

I personally kind of doubt that, simply because (unfortunately) I don't think they've ever done that before (taken something event-exclusive and made it available in regular games) I mean, ultimately that would just cheapen the rarity of the event Pokemon/item and the entire point of having such an event in the first place. Now, I personally think events are Super Dumb, so I wouldn't mind, but it doesn't sound like Game Freak to do that.

What I wonder also is if there's going to be more of these "Ancient Devolutions" or something, especially because taking everything into consideration that kinda sounds like what Mega Aerodactyl is supposed to be...

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

I personally kind of doubt that, simply because (unfortunately) I don't think they've ever done that before (taken something event-exclusive and made it available in regular games) I mean, ultimately that would just cheapen the rarity of the event Pokemon/item and the entire point of having such an event in the first place. Now, I personally think events are Super Dumb, so I wouldn't mind, but it doesn't sound like Game Freak to do that.

What I wonder also is if there's going to be more of these "Ancient Devolutions" or something, especially because taking everything into consideration that kinda sounds like what Mega Aerodactyl is supposed to be...

Well, there's always a first time-and it may have just been a teaser for gen 3 for all we know. They have given out normal pokemon with items before, or just shiny versions as well, so it's not impossible.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

10 features that I want to see for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

1.Ball Capsules and Seals along with a Separate Bag Slot for Pokéballs

2.Vs Seeker- Letting you rematch any trainers. Including rematching Gym Leaders

3.Using Hm's without the need of a badge

4.Tag Battles (Two separate trainers fight you at the same time if they see you at the same time)

5.Pokemon in first slot in your party following the trainer (Only while walking or running. Not while skating or biking

6.Seasons

7.Shard Move tutors (Maybe replace the shard trader in the house next to Mossdeep City)

8.Battle Frontier from Emerald

9.Bigger secret bases.

10.Gen 3 style Pokémon Contests and Pokéblocks (No poffins)

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

10 features that I want to see for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

1.Ball Capsules and Seals along with a Separate Bag Slot for Pokéballs

2.Vs Seeker- Letting you rematch any trainers. Including rematching Gym Leaders

3.Using Hm's without the need of a badge

4.Tag Battles (Two separate trainers fight you at the same time if they see you at the same time)

5.Pokemon in first slot in your party following the trainer (Only while walking or running. Not while skating or biking

6.Seasons

7.Shard Move tutors (Maybe replace the shard trader in the house next to Mossdeep City)

8.Battle Frontier from Emerald

9.Bigger secret bases.

10.Gen 3 style Pokémon Contests and Pokéblocks (No poffins)

1. I doubt we'll see seals, since those were mostly a Diamond & Pearl thing, and I don't mind. Having a separate bag for Poké Balls again would be nice, though, considering how bloated the main bag section has become in recent games.

2. We will most likely see rematches, but it'll probably be through the PokéNav rather than the Vs. Seeker. On that note, I'm not sure whether they'll use the Match Call (from Emerald) or the Trainer's Eyes (from Ruby and Sapphire), but I hope it's the former, since that's what allowed for Gym Leader rematches.

3. Again, I doubt we'll see this. It's possible, but the ways in which you obtain HMs in the originals would have to be changed to make sure you didn't skip a Gym outright. And I think that'd be too big of a change, rendering some NPCs useless.

4. I do expect we'll see this, even though they didn't appear in Hoenn until Emerald Version.

5. This one's iffy. I don't know how good such a thing would look with the 3D graphics of these games, since obviously huge Pokémon like Groudon, Kyogre, or Wailord would have to be shrunk significantly if you wanted to be able to maneuver around the overworld. It's a possibility (after all, HeartGold and SoulSilver introduced the feature and it was extremely popular), but I think it may be a generation or two before that feature returns, if at all.

6. No. I do hope to see a day/night cycle (since the original Ruby and Sapphire lacked it), but seasons were less convenient last generation (since you could have to wait months before fully exploring certain locations) and ultimately I think the seasonal cycle would be largely incompatible with Hoenn's tropical climate.

7. This is iffy. In past generations, I'd say such a thing would be a given in remakes, since it would be the only way to teach moves that were TMs in the originals but no longer are. But since this generation features TMs that can't be traded, and are instead reusable like key items, it's entirely possible that they could give us all the original TMs instead of the ones from X and Y. Let's consider that a "maybe".

8. I certainly hope so! I imagine that we will see the Emerald Battle Frontier returning, since there's no suitable alternative in X and Y (and it'd stink if all we got was the leaderless Battle Tower from the original Ruby and Sapphire). I fully expect this to be included, unless they do in fact plan to release an Emerald remake this generation as well.

9. How about Secret Bases at all? I'm not that concerned about them being bigger, since there were a range of sizes in the original games if you bought some boards at the department store sale, but I'm ready for the grand return of Secret Bases. Even better if they integrate Streetpass or Spotpass, to be able to exchange Secret Bases with friends, passersby, or just people you trade or battle with.

10. If contests return (and they pretty much have to), Pokéblocks will follow. They wouldn't use Poffins, since those were exclusively a Sinnoh thing. Not sure about how Contests should be brought back, though—I'm not arguing that the overly-complex Super Contests should return, but I do think Contests can be improved upon. Hopefully the condition boosts from Pokéblocks will at least be able to be reset!

I'll post my own hopes for the new games at some point. No time right now.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

With the ability to catch HA Kanto and Kalos starters in X/Y, I hope we can catch other HA starters in OR/AS. Dat Sheer Force Feraligatr.

I'm very disappointed in Mega Swampert's ability. That's mostly down to my personal bias against rain teams and my hatred of Politoed, though.

Mega Sceptile's Lightning Rod just makes me laugh, though. I don't think its a bad ability, but after all the debates I've seen about why certain pokemon shouldn't get an ability for their mega "because it doesn't make sense" seem so utterly pointless in the face of Mega Scep's lightning absorbing tree tail XD

I like how Brendan's redesign makes it very clear hes wearing a hat now. That's one more age old debate that can be put to rest. The wet suit feel to both characters designs is also great considering the region, though I don't like how May looks more girly than sporty now (though I still like the design overall).

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Kind of off topic, but does anyone have friend codes for Friend Safari?

Mine is 3668-8206-7027 if anyone wants it.

Um, pretty sure Zoroark was an event Pokemon for the gen 5 games but you can still catch one in X/Y...

Um, pretty sure Zoroark was an event Pokemon for the gen 5 games but you can still catch one in X/Y...

Technically you could catch a Zorua in B2W2. But your point still stands.

Honestly, I imagine the event exclusivity for Blaziken was simply because they liked the design and wanted to make it available early. But Blaziken itself isn't exclusive, so it only follows that its Mega Evolution would only be that way temporarily.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Fair point, I'd forgotten about Zoroark. But then, the entire thing is Megas are obviously somewhat more special than Pokemon (even if Zoroark could be caught only through event, you were still free to breed it if you wanted, whereas Mega Stones are a one-time-per-game deal) They're in a nebulous spot between regular Mons and Legends. As I said, I wouldn't care if event-exclusive stuff stops being event-exclusive, personally, so I don't mind being wrong.

But more importantly

Mega Sableye! Yes! I don't really care for its design, honestly, but just the fact that it exists! Ever since Mega Mawile was announced, the discrepancy of not having a Mega Sableye has bothered me, so this fixes that right up. Hopefully this means that other Pokemon that got Megas without their counterparts (looking at you, Gardevoir/Gallade) will get them in ORAS.

AXKP5KC.png

I was initially disappointed that Europe's release date is behind the rest of the world, but after seeing this announcement I'm glad, as it'll give a chance to find out about possible version exclusive Mega Stones.

That giant Ruby that Sableye is holding is a possible indicator of a Ruby exclusive mega. Could be a similar deal to how Aron and Larvitar were treated in X/Y. Other theories are that that the gem could be version dependent, and I've seen at least one person speculate that it could involve Stance Change-esque mechanics.

Sableye became one of my favourite pokémon earlier this generation, so I'm glad its getting a mega.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

New trailer for OR/AS has been released

You guys remember awhile back when the moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves were found through hacking? Looks like we found out what they were for.

3DS FC: 4038-6111-3088. If anyone's interested in a battle or trade, send me a pm

Name: Link

Then there are always those trainers who try to make a mockery of you.

I would imagine a full on coop Pokemon game to be disastrous.

*Double battles are a nightmare*

Edited by Regicidal Kaiser Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Added. Could you add me too, please?

Also, can anyone tell me what my Friend Safari is? My friend code is 4098-4028-0743.

EDIT: Never mind. I found out.

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.