• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official Pokemon Topic

Pokemon Pokemon Black Pokemon White Competitive Battling EV IV

• Please log in to reply
3535 replies to this topic

#3521 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 11-August 07
  • 7,570 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 01 2015 - 12:37 AM

Well that's something I didn't know. ._.

#3522 Online Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Makuta of Metru Nui Sealed

• 13-June 06
  • 10,039 posts

Posted May 01 2015 - 01:31 AM

Well that's something I didn't know. ._.

It was good for stacking up max IVs when breeding. If you have a single Poke with perfect (or near-perfect) IVs, breed it until you get a child of the right gender with several of the perfect IVs inherited, then swap out the inferior parent for the child. A bit twisted, though. :P

Logically it makes sense that the games don't record which Pokemon are related, though. It could amount to a ton of information to save if you breed a lot.

~B~

#3523 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted May 01 2015 - 06:29 PM

typically though those arent siblings they're more like aunts and uncles breeding with nieces and nephews

pokemon is a twisted game, man

Pokemon Y

Super Smash Bros

3711-9364-3152

#3524 Online Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member

• 13-June 06
  • 10,039 posts

Posted May 01 2015 - 10:46 PM

typically though those arent siblings they're more like aunts and uncles breeding with nieces and nephews

pokemon is a twisted game, man

What I described was actually parent and child.

Name every Poke Oedipus!

~B~

#3525 Offline Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 07-January 15
  • 1,902 posts

Posted May 02 2015 - 10:18 PM

Having never bred for IVs before as I basically breed for either fun or attacks. Also getting both genders to fill out my Pokédex. Also that standing I didn't know it actually prevented Pokémon from the same breed line from breeding themselves. Maybe I just never had that problem. I do remember reading something in one of the strategy guides that it is harder to get Pokemon of the same species and trainer to breed as opposed to separate Pokemon or trainer from the same egg group. So Breeding your two Charmanders is much less likely to get an egg than if you bred mine and yours or Charmander with anyone in the dragon or monster egg group regardless of OT.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

#3526 Online Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member

• 13-June 06
  • 10,039 posts

Posted May 03 2015 - 12:35 AM

I do remember reading something in one of the strategy guides that it is harder to get Pokemon of the same species and trainer to breed as opposed to separate Pokemon or trainer from the same egg group.

Actually, two of the same species breed faster, if I recall correctly. Two of the same species, from different trainers, along with the oval charm gives that fastest egg-producing rate, I think.

~B~

Edited by Ballom, May 03 2015 - 12:35 AM.

#3527 Offline Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 07-January 15
  • 1,902 posts

Posted May 03 2015 - 12:48 AM

I do remember reading something in one of the strategy guides that it is harder to get Pokemon of the same species and trainer to breed as opposed to separate Pokemon or trainer from the same egg group.

Actually, two of the same species breed faster, if I recall correctly. Two of the same species, from different trainers, along with the oval charm gives that fastest egg-producing rate, I think.

~B~

With different OTs yes. But having the same OT is what I was referring to. No idea what the Oval charm is, so have to take your word for that. Though if it is a breeding item that could be the reason for that misconception. Just like some items increase the chance of transferring moves, IVs, Natures, and alike.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

#3528 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 11-March 11
  • 556 posts
  •  

Posted May 03 2015 - 08:56 AM

The Oval Charm is basically the Shiny Charm but for eggs (that is, it increases egg-production rate). You get it for having seen all non-event mons.

#3529 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted May 03 2015 - 07:43 PM

it goes like this, from slowest to fastest. throw in the oval charm wherever you do.

different species, same trainer 

different species, different trainers

same species, same trainer

same species, different trainer

Pokemon Y

Super Smash Bros

3711-9364-3152

#3530 Offline Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 07-January 15
  • 1,902 posts

Posted May 03 2015 - 10:17 PM

Do you have a reference for that by chance so I can check? Oh you forgot that Pokémon form different regions as well. Though maybe that just falls under the shiny variable present value.

Onua.png

#3531 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted May 03 2015 - 10:44 PM

no i didnt forget different regions. they don't affect how often eggs are produced. just the rate of shininess of the offspring.

Pokemon Y

Super Smash Bros

3711-9364-3152

#3532 Online Dragon11603

Dragon11603
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 22-October 14
  • 1,815 posts

Posted May 19 2015 - 12:42 PM

I Got three shiny Eevee's in wonder Trade on Sunday....

Wow.

Year 60,000Vatyr and the Whisper

Corpus Rahkshi: Blade, Strurin

dgn8tSz.png

3DS Friend Code: 1564-3671-5498

Bionicle Gen 2 Collection(Winter Wave(2015))

MoF/MoE/MoI/MoJ/MoS/MoW/PoF/PoE/PoI/PoJ/PoS/PoW/LoSS

xWydhOXb.jpg

#3533 Offline Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 07-January 15
  • 1,902 posts

Posted May 19 2015 - 02:15 PM

Nice, did you get them in a row or was there large intervals in-between them? As the former would be even more amazing.

Onua.png

#3534 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted May 19 2015 - 07:38 PM

bad question ^ better question: did they all have the same OT? if so, they were probably cloned or genned. if not... still probably cloned or genned not gonna lie

Pokemon Y

Super Smash Bros

3711-9364-3152

#3535 Offline Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 07-January 15
  • 1,902 posts

Posted May 19 2015 - 09:58 PM

Well if they were bread out to be Shiny then it is possible that the same trainer had all of them. Though with as many that are out there at any one time I would think that it would be hard pressed if somehow you got more than one Pokémon from a single Trainer let alone the same species. There is as large as what 8% or something to that effect when doing the discovered method for Breeding a shiny. Yeah I forgot the name but it makes getting a shiny from an egg all the easier these days. Added in the Item you can get after beating the game and even more so...

Onua.png

#3536 Online Dragon11603

Dragon11603
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 22-October 14
  • 1,815 posts

Posted May 20 2015 - 08:32 AM

bad question ^ better question: did they all have the same OT? if so, they were probably cloned or genned. if not... still probably cloned or genned not gonna lie

They did not have the Same OT.

Nice, did you get them in a row or was there large intervals in-between them? As the former would be even more amazing.

Intervals, but they weren't very large though.

Year 60,000Vatyr and the Whisper

Corpus Rahkshi: Blade, Strurin

dgn8tSz.png

3DS Friend Code: 1564-3671-5498

Bionicle Gen 2 Collection(Winter Wave(2015))

MoF/MoE/MoI/MoJ/MoS/MoW/PoF/PoE/PoI/PoJ/PoS/PoW/LoSS

xWydhOXb.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users