I want to get into Random Matchup, but just trying to wade into it is extremely frustrating.When I'm trying to construct a team, I can never get it right. It just seems too easy for everyone else, but for me, I can't get the right moveset, can't get the right combination of Pokemon, the team has too big of a weakness to a type, trying to find the right items without breaking item clause, all that is just irritating. How the heck do you construct a good team?I want to try and wade my feet in and EV train an easy Pokemon, but trying to decide which one to train is another matter. You have to figure out which moveset you want to use for that one, and there's never just one good one, there's around 4, each with moves that you have to make a choice on, which is impossible if you know little about competitive battling. Also, you can forget altogether about EV training if you don't have power items, which you have to win from the Battle Subway, and I always lose there if I don't have EV trained Pokemon, because my in-game team is nerfed to the strength of unevolved Pokemon over there, and they're slow as heck. They also all share a weakness no matter which way I arrange them.Halp?

I spend most of my time on Random Matchup, and I do pretty well considering the low-lifes one stumbles upon there ( :P ), but if you can create a team that can combat a solid Trick Room team and a Drizzle + Swift Swim team, you should be fine. Those are the most common teams that wipe the floor with regulars. Note, I only play Doubles and Triples, so if you're playing Singles I can't help you. I find Hitmontop with Technician, Fake Out, Mach Punch, and Sucker Punch is always a safe lead.I seem to have general success with my current RM Doubles/Triples team. I've been using:Shiny Event Raikou @ Rash @ Brightpowder (has saved his life on numerous occasion)-Thunder-Aura Sphere-Extreme Speed (for revenge killing)-Weather BallTornadus @ Mild @ Flying Gem- Dark Pulse- Hurricane- Rain Dance (gives Raikou a 100 Power Water attack and makes Thunder reliable)- TailwindMoxie Scrafty @ Adamant @ Leftovers- Dragon Dance- Fake Out- Drain Punch- CrunchMachamp @ Naughty @ Choice Scarf- DynamicPunch- Stone Edge- Thunderpunch- Fire Blast (completely surprises walls like Skarmory and the like, and 100% accuracy is a boon)Reuniclus @ Bold @ Flame Orb- Psychic- Trick (rather than use R. offensively, I generally just latch FO onto anything physically scary; pluss, if I don't use it, I don't have to worry about Sleep or Paralysis)- Pain Split (recovery and damage, rather than Focus Blast - is rarely used but generally is a life saver in a pinch)- Trick Room (I use this to actually reverse other teams Trick Room sets - my R. is so slow that it outspends most other teams and completely wrecks their set up, as my whole team beyond Scrafty is speed-based)Shiny Serperior @ Timid @ Big Root- Toxic- Calm Mind- Giga Drain (with Big Root, this gives twice as much health and is extremely helpful, stall wise)- Leech Seed (again, with Big Root, this thing has crazy recovery and makes Serperior extremely bulky, especially in doubles and triples)I've been using this team for almost a year now and it's pretty gold. Just try to pick things that either are benefited by Trick Room or Rain Dance teams, or pick things that neutralize weather threats and TR. My R. completely ruins other TR sets and Raikou is immediately boosted by other teams' Drizzle, and Tornadus's priority Rain Dance eliminates Sandstorm, Sunshine, and Hail teams.ALSO, there is currently a free American Victini Mystery Gift event giving out a V-Create, Fusion Bolt/Flare, Searing Shot Lv. 50 Victini. Worth grabbing.Anyone know of any independent distributions going on or have they been over for a while? Edited by The Captain

few notes,reuniclus has access to recover. pain split isn't as reliable. i'd sub it out.psychic by itself has terrible coverage and loves being walled, seeing as how common dark types are in standard. running only one attack on reuniclus is a terrible idea, but if you're dead set on it, don't run stab. shadow ball/focus blast have perfect neutral coverage. serperior is completely walled by venusaur or ferrothorn. machamp is generally inferior to conkeldurr, and a scarf set isn't as viable on machamp without speed EVs. judging by your post, none of your pokes have EVs or you don't know what they are. bulk up machamp (or conk) might do you some favours. scrafty wants shed skin if it has leftovers. if not, life orb will be more beneficial to you, as moxie scrafty has little staying power.tornadus could probably do with a better item, since flying gem is more ideal for acrobatics sets. damp rock, or even life orb or leftovers may serve you better.i, of course, am the guy who can only play doubles using terrakion and beat up ambipom.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

few notes,reuniclus has access to recover. pain split isn't as reliable. i'd sub it out.psychic by itself has terrible coverage and loves being walled, seeing as how common dark types are in standard. running only one attack on reuniclus is a terrible idea, but if you're dead set on it, don't run stab. shadow ball/focus blast have perfect neutral coverage.serperior is completely walled by venusaur or ferrothorn.machamp is generally inferior to conkeldurr, and a scarf set isn't as viable on machamp without speed EVs. judging by your post, none of your pokes have EVs or you don't know what they are. bulk up machamp (or conk) might do you some favours.scrafty wants shed skin if it has leftovers. if not, life orb will be more beneficial to you, as moxie scrafty has little staying power.tornadus could probably do with a better item, since flying gem is more ideal for acrobatics sets. damp rock, or even life orb or leftovers may serve you better.i, of course, am the guy who can only play doubles using terrakion and beat up ambipom.

A. I know what EVs are and all of my competitive Pokemon are EV-trained.B. R. isn't there offensively - it's there to distract and reverse Trick Room sets, that's all. I try to work with non-traditional sets.C. Machamp has 100% accuracy, something Conkeldurr lacks and its Fire Blast takes care of the Ferrothorn that would usually block SerperiorD. My Scrafty does just fine, thank you. It's mostly there to allow Raikou and Tornadus do most of the work while Fake Out takes effect.

Looks like the new Pokemon game shown at Jump Festa is a crossover game between Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition. It will be a turn-based strategy-RPG game set in what looks like feudal Japan. So far, only on DS (not 3DS).You should find in-game pictures on various sites by now.This of course is not what I expected. :P

Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

I've gotta say, I did not expect that at all. 0_o I'm kinda hoping this isn't the thing they're going to reveal, but it sounds like it might be interesting... RTS isn't exactly a genre Pokemon's done before, so it might be fun. Especially since I've been playing Fire Emblem recently. =P

'Twas fun to watch the fallout from the announcement. Definitely unexpected, but it could be cool. Looks very FFTA to me at the moment.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I was fighting Sabrina, and apparently my lv. 5 Mew, with Whirlpool, Waterfall, Flash, and Cut, can defeat a lv. 53 Wobbuffet. O_oAwesome.Of course, I made it PP stall so the Wobbuffet could Struggle and kill both itself and Mew, so he wouldn't get any unwanted EVs.Still awesome.

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got stuck with a Mild Latios on SoulSilver, but on the other hand all of its IV's are at least 20. Should I train it?

Edited by Lone Defender

3DS FC: 4038-6111-3088. If anyone's interested in a battle or trade, send me a pm

Name: Link

@Lone Defender: All the competitive sets I've seen have him with Timid, mostly to outspeed the musketeers, Infernape, and speed tie with Lati@s and Gengar. If that's not a problem for you, I'd keep him, especially if its Sp. Atk and Speed IVs are 31 like you said earlier (bwa ha ha).

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

@Lone Defender: All the competitive sets I've seen have him with Timid, mostly to outspeed the musketeers, Infernape, and speed tie with Lati@s and Gengar. If that's not a problem for you, I'd keep him, especially if its Sp. Atk and Speed IVs are 31 like you said earlier (bwa ha ha).

I corrected that because I imputed the stats wrong...however, the Sp. Atk and Speed do sit at a healthy 25 and 23 respectively.In other news, I'm honestly suprised at how many people I've seen using Victini. Yes, I'm aware that M14 Victini got released (using one myself). Choice Banded V-Create HURTS (actually, V-Create just hurts period).

3DS FC: 4038-6111-3088. If anyone's interested in a battle or trade, send me a pm

hey i wll admit that i'm not a die heart pokemon fan i only enjoy the games because there is something addicting about the games i really don't like any other form of pokemon but the games. I will admit i can not wait for febuary when the is suppose to be a mystery gift over wifi that will release arceus. i have never owned that pokemon before so it will be nice to have.Here is a list of the pokemon games i own

• [*]pokemon emerald[*]pokemon diamond[*]pokemon platinum (i love giratina)[*]pokemon heartgold[*]pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time[*]pokemon collisuem 1 and 2[*]and pokemon white

I will admit my all time favorite pokemon is giratina. i currently have two giratinas one in diamond and one in platinum. I have both of them named death because i kinda of see giratina as the grim reaper of pokemon and the grim reaper was originally just named death. I have only had one pokemon i have ever gotten to level 100 hundred and that is my darling Karzahni a male typhlosion and let me tell you i can beat the whole elite four with just him and a decent amount of leppa berries and i can take out any elite four pokemon with one eruption attack. so that is what i use the entire elite fourI don't want to sound like i'm braggin but i would like to put his info herenature bashfulhighly curoius happily eats anythinghp 294attack 221defense 200sp. atk 263sp.def 188speed 234attacks eruption pp 8 and earthquake pp 16 those are his permanent attacks the other two i change out depending on the situation.I must say that i do use the glitch in pokemon emerald to clone the legendaries in that game so i can have a copy of all three and the regis in all my pokemon games. i do not copy the master balls or the rare candies because at that point i would consider that cheating. I must put something out i'm looking for a person who has a pokemon black version and has a pokemon that knows the move charge. if anyone is willing to trade please send me a PM and i we can set up a trade.My friend code is 3138 9222 8342 and my name is VOXUMO on the game and it is a pokemon white versionso yeah that is about it.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I corrected that because I imputed the stats wrong...however, the Sp. Atk and Speed do sit at a healthy 25 and 23 respectively.In other news, I'm honestly suprised at how many people I've seen using Victini. Yes, I'm aware that M14 Victini got released (using one myself). Choice Banded V-Create HURTS (actually, V-Create just hurts period).
I'm training up a Choice Band V-Create Victini right now. Throw it into doubles with a Tailwind Tornadus and you have an instant sweep.

Hey does anyone happen to have any Dream World Pokes that they'd be willing to part with (mainly Carvahna or Sharpedo)? I can offer several things in return:Adamant Kabuto with Perfect HP, Attack, and Speed IV'sShiny Adamant Riolu with Ice PunchShiny Totodile (Hasty)A ton of Morning Sun Larvesta's (from the distro last year. Captain, I believe I still owe you one)

Hey does anyone happen to have any Dream World Pokes that they'd be willing to part with (mainly Carvahna or Sharpedo)? I can offer several things in return:Adamant Kabuto with Perfect HP, Attack, and Speed IV'sShiny Adamant Riolu with Ice PunchShiny Totodile (Hasty)A ton of Morning Sun Larvesta's (from the distro last year. Captain, I believe I still owe you one)

PM me. I actually just finished breeding some DW Pokemon and have some spares.

I have some spare dream world pokemon pm me

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

hey i recently looked up all my dream world pokemon and i have made the list nowand here is the way they are organizedname gender level nature ability. also any pokemon whose name looks like this name/name means they have evolved so for exampledrowzee/hypno i had captured him in dream world as a drowzee but i evolved him into a hypno. so yeah. if any one is interested in trading for any of these pokemon please send me a PM and we can negotiate it. so yeah thanks/ lickitung f lv 10 docile cloud ninetrapinch f lv 10 relaxed sheer forceshuppet m lv 10 sassy cursed bodylarvittar f lv 10 impish sand veilmareep m lv 24 sassy plustogekiss m lv 10 naughty super luckstunky f lv 22 relaxed keen eyedrowzee/hypno m lv 26 modest inner focusmr.mime m lv 10 modest techniciantorkoal m lv 10 quiet shell armorhoundour f lv 10 quirky unnervetaillow m lv 10 calm s######kangaskhan f lv 10 jolly inner focusbellsprout f lv 10 serious gluttonyduskull/dusclops m lv 37 sassy pressuresmoochum f lv 10 rash hydrationmamoswine m lv 34 jolly thick fatbanette f lv 37 bold cursed bodyburmy m lv 10 docile overcoatnidoran m lv 10 hardy hustlebronzor lv 10 careful heavy metalhoundour m lv 10 impish unnervehoppip m lv 10 rash infiltratorspinarak m lv 10 serious sniperphanpy m lv 10 naive sand veilyanma m lv 10 modest frisklotad/lombre m lv 20 rash own tempomawile m lv 10 naive sheer forcerattata/raticate m lv 23 jolly hustlecroagunk/toxicroak m lv 41 bashful poison touchskorupi/drapion m lv 40 relaced keen eyesurskit/masquerain m lv 23 bashful unnervespoink m lv 24 lonely gluttony

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

You know that contest they had in Japan way back when where they voted on a version mascot to be given out? Well, apparently Rayquaza won.And it comes with V-Create.WHAT?

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

Any reason why Global Link's down? :I

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

You know that contest they had in Japan way back when where they voted on a version mascot to be given out? Well, apparently Rayquaza won.And it comes with V-Create.WHAT?

i'm excited and terrifiedrayquaza just got a coverage move as strong as stab outrage.overheat's a better move but still

pokemon can train their stats- this is called EV training.to elaborate, when you KO a wild pokemon or even another trainers pokemon in game, your pokemon gets these nifty little toys called effort values for a particular stat- take for example machamp, who gives you 3 EVs for your attack stat. so for every machamp you defeat, any pokemon who was in the fight gets 3 attack EVs. you can get up to 255 EVs in any stat on any pokemon, and for every 4 EVs, your pokemons stat goes up by one. its why a garchomp can have either 359 attack with a neutral nature or 296 with the same nature.

I want to get into Random Matchup, but just trying to wade into it is extremely frustrating.When I'm trying to construct a team, I can never get it right. It just seems too easy for everyone else, but for me, I can't get the right moveset, can't get the right combination of Pokemon, the team has too big of a weakness to a type, trying to find the right items without breaking item clause, all that is just irritating. How the heck do you construct a good team?I want to try and wade my feet in and EV train an easy Pokemon, but trying to decide which one to train is another matter. You have to figure out which moveset you want to use for that one, and there's never just one good one, there's around 4, each with moves that you have to make a choice on, which is impossible if you know little about competitive battling. Also, you can forget altogether about EV training if you don't have power items, which you have to win from the Battle Subway, and I always lose there if I don't have EV trained Pokemon, because my in-game team is nerfed to the strength of unevolved Pokemon over there, and they're slow as heck. They also all share a weakness no matter which way I arrange them.Halp?

Hey takava i was wondering since you seem to be just starting on the global link and need help getting use to it. Well i'm also recently new to it and have only won one battle. So maybe we could train together? If your interested please PM me

Has anyone else been unable to connect over WiFi for online trades outside of the GTS? I've tried a few times with several different people and it just simply will never connect.

I'm assuming your also referring to when we could not trade over wifi room. Oh yeah i need to know when we our doing the rain check for trading ok.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Here's something to talk about: Shiny pokemon I found a blue ditto once in my Fire red game but I had no idea why it was blue so I never caught it. Then my sister found a blue psyduck in platinum and caught it and now its part of my platinum team. Then I had a good friend trade me a shiny zorua. What shiny pokemon have any of you found.

Edited by Driken Toa of Shadows
I'm just ToaD

I have a Shiny Kricketot from Platinum, a Shiny Luvdisc from Black, and a Shiny Oshawott from Black from Masuda's method. I also have a Japanese Shiny Bellsprout that I got from the GTS in my Diamond. I would be willing to trade the Kricketot or Bellsprout for an event Regigigas. (HINT HINT :P)Yeah, needing that Regigigas.

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

I've found a few Shiny Pokemon between my various games. Shiny Zigzagoon from Sapphire, shiny Bibarel and Gastly from Pearl, shiny Hippowdon and Houndour from Diamond, shiny Geodude from HeartGold and SoulSilver, shiny Azelf from Platinum (really awesome, that one was). I've also traded for quite a few from people. I'm thinking I'm forgetting a Poke or two, so I may amend that list later.Oh yeah, and the red Gyarados don't really count. :P~B~

I tried my first attempt at RNG abuse today. I did it wrong, I'm sure of that, but I did manage to get an Axew that I thought was kinda good. Keep?Axew, Jolly Nature, Mold Breaker25-27/10-13/30/11-14/27-29/9-11Pseudo-bulk?

Edited by ~Takava Nirhii~

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

@Takava, KEEP. Jolly would give axew (into haxorus if you're gonna use it out of little cup) a much needed speed boost, and Mold Breaker + Lum Berry/Choice Band can give you an awesome sweep to pick off stuff like Will-O-Wisp Weezing. Now I'm not into heavy EV training or vitamins, but here is my super double train team. Comments and Criticism are welcome.Serperior-MildItem:Meadow Plate/Big RootAbility:OvergrowLeaf BladeDragon Tail Leech SeedGiga DrainChandelure-LaxItem:Choice ScarfAbility:Flame BodyFlamethrowerEnergy BallShadow BallHidden Power (Water)Garchomp-JollyItem:Wide LensAbility: Sand VeilDragon RushEarthquakeFire Blast Stone EdgeThese last two rotate on my teamSigilyph-RashItem:Mind Plate, although this will change to Life OrbAbility:Magic GuardPsyshockIce BeamAir SlashFlash CannonStaraptor-QuirkyItem: Focus SashAbility: IntimidateBrave BirdClose CombatU-turnSteel Wing.

The Old King is dead long live the King

Dragon types will rule

PM me if you have Pokemon White

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are of the remaining 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

i must ask what is RNG also i must say after i beat the game and i mean the second go around at the elite four. i some how gathered oodles of money and i have more than i need but i bought a whole lot of vitamins but really only to use to increase happiness. ( i hate pokemon that have to evolve happiness/friendship) even then i had money. i must say do the relic ruins by that ocean side town on the right side of unova and is the only place you use the dive HM. that was a useless hm to only use it once and it just an annoyance when teaching a move your like oh i have to go to the guy who remembers nothing and the go to person who collects heartscales why we don't know but hey does and if you don't have heart scales then head over to lady who wants to see a certain pokemon move then you go to your pc find move switch pokemon into party head back show get hearts scale fly to heartscale collector give him scale he teaches move and you r like that was long and tedoius better be a good move. first pokemon you encounter move is useless and your pokemon faints and you want to throw pokeball on ground and go what the karzahni. sadly i had that thing happen to me. oh and i know you can get heartscale from the survey wireless thing but it does not help much when the next person who has the game is 200 miles away. it's not worth it. imagine me saying that in a exaggerated way with a hiss liek voice better think of sidorak saying it. that should helpsorry went on a rant could not help it urge called twitch twitch. surprisingly i did not misspell anything wow.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Agh wall of text.If you just want to use the Dive HM to go into the ruins(Perhaps multiple times); why don't you just teach the move to something you won't ever be using? That's what HM slaves are for, after all. =P

w

Agh wall of text.If you just want to use the Dive HM to go into the ruins(Perhaps multiple times); why don't you just teach the move to something you won't ever be using? That's what HM slaves are for, after all. =P

well yeah i just thought it is a possibility and an actual event that happened to mei actually have a crawdaunt in pokemon emerald that is my water hm slave Edited by Shadow Reaper

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Yeah, I understand, and the event is kinda a headscratcher(They should have a second set of four moves you could switch between outside of battle, would help even in more cases than just for HMs), but you can get a ton of Heart Scales anyway, and I'm sure I still have a ton left. =P

Yeah, I understand, and the event is kinda a headscratcher(They should have a second set of four moves you could switch between outside of battle, would help even in more cases than just for HMs), but you can get a ton of Heart Scales anyway, and I'm sure I still have a ton left. =P

yeah i have like 30 heartscales on back up.i'm working on my pokemon heartgold i actually restarted the game after transferred all my important pokemon over to white and platinum. I did a cyndaquil last time and he is now a lv 100 my first ever lv 100 pokemon name karzahni. i made sure i bred him with another typhlosion i raised name annona who is only up to lv 76 right now. but this time i'm doing a chikorita this go around, i also forgot to mention that i raised karzahni as a cyndaquil until he learned eruption then i had him evolve. i'm gonna do the same with chikorita. but since i did that i don't pay attention to pokemon white much i just make sure i do the daily events in pokemon white. although i actually have the dream world thing i do each day and i actually have annona as the one i sent.question who is considering joining that tournament in march? i think i'm going to and as much as i hate to i think i'm going to send my level 100 typhlosion Karzahni over and use him in the tournament. Edited by Watashi Wa

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu