Pono Waoku

Remember when walking this island Chronicler, that there are many ancient spirits that were here long before my brother and I forged our first masks. One of legend is the mighty Pono Waoku guardian spirit of the jungle. Pono Waoku protects the trees and the animals from defilement, and maintains the balance of nature on this island. Neither truly benevolent or malevolent, Pono Waoku judges from a neutral eye as nature itself does. Respect the spirit and its lands with care, and it will treat you with honor in return.
-Ekimu the Mask Maker in conversation with Takua, three years after The Arrival of the Toa on Okoto.

IMG_2598Edit.thumb.JPG.ad8e97bc37c9192ec1f3f01a10e68a5d.JPG

Listen I don't care how much Ahkmou wants us to set up camp here, the whole Brotherhood would be best to avoid this spot in the jungle! There is something in the trees stalking us, and I would rather not find out what it plans to do with us.
- Internal correspondence of the Brotherhood of Makuta from Servitor Kirop to Lieutenant Gavla, one year prior to The Arrival of the Toa on Okoto. 

IMG_2599Edit.thumb.JPG.a463d6fe4e4f06f06e27978ddc8046fd.JPG

Terrible just terrible. I was hoping around different universes, went back to one I visited before; some stuffy island called Okoto... You know one of those boring paradise islands lead by some old prunes, the type of place the Matoran would call a gift from the Great Spirit. Yada yada yada yada etc. etc. No giant robot sleeping under that island though, but I digress... Anyways I was having some fun hunting down some wild Rahi-like beasts (good furs, good ivory too) in their jungle area when this massive creature rushed to attack me. You'd think my poaching wouldn't hurt anything, but this creature was FURIOUS at me. Rose its axe in the air to strike me down... if it wasn't for my trusty old Olmak there would be two very dead parts of Good Ol' Vezon scattered in the jungle of Okoto now.
- Record of Vezon's Inter-Dimensional Travels preserved by The Order of Mata-Nui in New Atero, Spherus Magna. 

IMG_2600Edit.thumb.JPG.729ecad50b92c3991cb4c6ec5b52e45c.JPG

While searching for the Great Creature Uxar, the wind-quick wasp of the Jungle I stumbled across a mighty beast. Height near that of Toa, hulking and strong. Both Protector Vizuna and Turaga Matau speak of legends of a great jungle wood spirit. In respect I quick-went to my knees and offered salute to the beast, it let me pass by quietly. I think great jungle wood spirit understands I needed to find Uxar, and knows that we both serve as guardians of Okoto's mighty jungle.

- Toa Lewa private journal, recorded two months after The Arrival of the Toa in Okoto. 

IMG_2601Edit.thumb.JPG.81b1765f1ed3008d03c686bacbaef6ab.JPG

• Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!