Searching

~Mat~

~Searching~

By MatoroIgnika & Grant-Sud

- - - - - - - - -

Chapter 1: Ancient Doorway“Cover the glow from the Lightstones.” Toa Onua commanded his Agori and Matoran companions.At the command the villagers extinguished the light. Onua gazed on through to murky shadows down the seemingly endless column of stairs.“There’s a chamber ahead, and from that glow it looks to have that same odd light vine.” He gently said.“Is it even worth taking these stones back out then?” The boisterous Agori of Ice asked. “Given how the light reacted to the stones last time, I’d say no, I can guide us in this darkness.” The gentle master of Earth said.The trio continued down the stairway for 40 more yards, before entering a small chamber.Inset into the furthest wall was a sizable gate, about three times the height of a Toa. Two Tunnels branched out from either side and continued upward to a balcony overlooking this chamber. Before the Toa could stop her, the Agori bolted up one of these passageways and emerged above the gate, Onua and his Onu-Matoran companion ascended to join the Agori.Once upon the Balcony, Onua was a little stunned at the architecture and detail of the stonework, ‘Pohatu would love this.’ He thought. The flooring was made of the same curious material as the Library they had been in just a few hours earlier. The Gold, bronze and a stunning silver alloys all arranged in a pattern, and a curious one at that.“Look at the design!” the Onu-Matoran said, immediately recognizing the shape revered by the Matoran and Toa alike, the Three Virtues. “Well, this is obviously the work of the Great Beings. Ornat, record this, quickly.” Onua said aloud, his voice reverberating off of the carved earthen walls.“Im heading back down.” said the Agori, before bolting down one of the passages.“Do you suppose she’ll ever satisfy her yearning for adventure?” Ornat said, not once looking up from his recording tablet.“That my friend, I seriously doubt.” the Toa said with a laugh.<><>“How does this blasted door open!?” the agori groaned in frustration. She could not identify any sort of mechanism or device that would open the gate.“You know Rennila, there is a possibility that it could be another test like the guard robot.” Ornat said in passing, admiring the artistic detail in the chamber.She followed the Onu-Matoran, “You know I like things simple!” she quietly exclaimed.“I know, but you do know that nothing comes easy.” He replied back.“Why can’t things just be easy!?” she shouted, hitting the wall in frustration. Cracks spread like electrical bolts across the surface of the stone and earth.“What did you do?!” Onua shouted from across the chamber, somewhat in disbelief of what he was sensing.A slight tremor jolted the chamber, the cracked wall crumbled away, revealing an ancient wooden door.Rennila opened it.- - - - - -Review Topic, this-a way! >>> Review!

Edited by ~MatoroIgnika~

Chapter 2: The BookA dusty haze hung in the air of the small room, the minute particles illuminated by the blue glow from the curious light vine. “Even with the vine it’s still dark in here.” Ornat said removing the lightstone from his pack; a yellow glow revealed the room, pushing the blue shine out.“Just another book?” Rennila said with slight disappointment, noting the ancient looking manuscript resting upon the table in the center of the room. Onua thought it interesting that the title on the cover was in both the language of the Agori, and the Matoran Programming language.The cover read “Arna: Lost to Time…”Rennila opened it and read the first line aloud.“Search for the answers…”She looked to Onua, he simply shrugged his shoulders in confusion. “I don’t know what that could mean, other than just to be observant, I suppose.” The Toa said, he exited the small chamber Ornat in pursuit.Rennila looked back to the book; she turned to the next page. She began to read silently.“Long ago, an immense disaster befell our great city. A massive rock, which could be seen many days prior, due to its brilliantly beautiful tail; plummeted to our world. The Impact site mere miles from our metropolis; and out to sea, the massive wave sent ashore to wash away everything, to nigh upon the horizon.”“Though we abandoned our home and survived, some of our greatest wonders were left and lost to the ravages of nature. In time we came to settle further inland, where we eventually constructed the megalithic robotic structure only to have it literally blow to pieces.”“Many millennia later we perfected the source of energy for this kind or robotic being, and with little time to waste. No sooner had this been mastered, we discovered our world was to structurally fail. Thus began our endeavor to construct the Mata Nui Robot.”“Mere days before the launch of the robot, the spring in the north was taken by the crazed leader of the Fire Tribe, setting in motion the fatal blow to the world upon which we walked.”“Even now as I write this, I prepare to depart for another world, to rejoin my brothers and sisters, to study yet more of the mysteries of this vast universe of ours. Though I hope that one day, when we truly return to our restored home world, we may once again discover our lost city. I only hope that this book safely arrives inside the library of the Great Beings, and that to whoever finds this collection of writings, Good Luck. – Heremus”“Wonderful, more questions.” She whispered, annoyed even more.- - - - - -Review Topic, this-a way! >>> Review!

Edited by ~MatoroIgnika~

• 1 month later...

Chapter 3: Topside“Toa!” Rennila called from across the chamber. He approached the Agori, leaving Ornat viewing the carvings. “Yes Rennila?” he said.“Have you checked to see if you could manipulate the gate?” She asked.“I have, to no avail I might add. What did you discover in that book?” he said.“Well I know the name of the Book is Arna.” She said, the sound of her voice reverberating off of the walls, and almost as if on command the gate began to shift and move. The seemingly featureless facade crumbled into dust, revealing ornate figures of golden and bronze alloys, inlaid into the gate.The massive circular gate began to recede sideways at its two lowermost corners, and from the center up, looking not too unlike the Matoran letter for T.Once the shifting mass had finished moving, the trio entered. The chamber contained 3 tubes extending far above to the ceiling and beyond, in each was a single being shell, resembling the Toa Canisters from the Matoran Universe. These tubes were grouped together in the center of the room.The other major feature in the circular chamber and its subsequent branches was the numerous shelves filled with book upon book ‘The Great Beings were certainly the writers.’ Renilla thought.“Those shafts” Onua said almost immediately “they go to the surface.”“I suppose these pods carry the occupants up.” Ornat said as he approached one of the metallic cylinders. “How far underground do you suppose we are?” the Agori asked from behind Onua.“Around a mile by my best guess.” He said.“Well at least we have a way out!” The energetic Agori said happily as she jumped inside one of the pods.“Wait!” Onua shouted, the pod shot upwards before he could stop it.“I’ll come back if it’s safe.” Ornat told the Toa; jumping in the second pod, it rocketed upwards.“Well, I guess here goes nothing.” Onua grumbled, getting into his pod. He too was now ascending through the smooth glass shaft.=-=-=At the entrance to a cave in the bottom of one of the southernmost Black Spike Mountains, the Pods broke through the surface. The Trio was soon out in the fresh air of winter. “There is more to this area than it seems.” Onua said as he commanded the earth around the pods to recede and form into a covered pavilion of dirt and stones. This revealed a smooth surface of grey iron.“Interesting.” The master of earth said.“Better hide that.” Said Ornat; the Toa agreed and concealed the entrance.“Well at least we’re topside again.” Rennila said happily, glancing off towards the horizon emptily; she began to walk towards the plains in the south. The beings of Earth left to but only follow her.- - - - - -Review Topic, this-a way! >>> Review!

Chapter 4: Landmarks“Where are you going, and for that matter, why are we following her?” Ornat asked both beings.“Im heading toward the city, I know where I am after all.” She boasted, as Onua replied “Well, where do you propose we go?”“How do you even know where this dirt trap is? We’re practically in the middle of nowhere!” Ornat shouted, totally ignoring Onua’s sarcastic comment.Onua chuckled.“Landmarks, you’d think one would learn them in 300 years.” Rennila laughed as she gestured to a low mesa in the distance, “Arona Mesa” she said.“I wouldn’t worry too much Rennila, Ornat has always had his mask buried in the records of the past. Never staying alert to his surroundings.” The Toa said truthfully.“I’m sorry I’ve spent more time studying the past than learning the sights!” spat the angered Onu-Matoran.“Calm down Ornat, we aren’t perfect.” Onua said, trying to calm the flustered Matoran.“Oh, I think I can see the city in the distance.” Rennila said half mindedly, her eyesight beating the earth dwellers in the evening light.“Good.” said Ornat.“Another landmark for you to know,” the Agori of Ice said, gesturing to a Lake in the distance “Lake Ureha.”The twin suns sank lower in the East, as wispy white clouds faded overhead; a slight wind blew in from the northern mountains.“Stars…” the Toa of Earth said, looking upwards.“The Sky Stalker, The Silent Scarabax, and my favorite, The Sun Serpent of the Sky…” Rennila pointed out a few constellations overhead, the points of light hardly wavering at all. A shooting star flared miles above as the night descended upon the trio; Slight remnants of Lunar Debris from years past lit up the light dusk sky.They entered the outskirts of New Atero just before the dead of night.- - - - - -Review Topic, this-a way! >>> Review!