BIONICLE Legacy project on LEGO Ideas

BIzzy

Hi all! Please check out and support my BIONICLE project on LEGO Ideas! BIONICLE Legacy aims to please longtime fans as well as potentially attract new ones. I wanted to remain faithful to original story motifs while also leaving an element of open-endedness so as to encourage a wider appeal.

project_image2.thumb.png.f871c9a05c53c11f010186909970348a.png

BIONICLE Legacy: Storytelling with the LEGO Brick

actionrender2_final.png.d48641d8b62456f6a9a75cfa01050ad7.png

moodrender2_1.thumb.png.134614e53cd997d9e5441925a9a07829.png

My questions for you all are as follows:

#1. In a future update, I feel like I need to further justify why Takua is included as a figure. I think adding another play feature for Takua would be beneficial. But the total piece count for BIONICLE Legacy is already at ~2850, so I’m trying to think of something that could be economical parts-wise, but also add play value to the set. Any thoughts?

#2. Do you have any advice about other fan groups you may be aware of that may be interested in supporting this idea? Where else can this idea be promoted?

I hope you can help this project get on shelves as an official set! Thank you! :tohu:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

pirate wreck  

Wow, very well done! I never knew I needed to see Akamai and Wairuha in brickbuilt form, but it would seem I didn't know what I was missing, you did them both justice! The shadow form of Makuta is terrifying to say the least and the whole scene captures the essence of MNOG very well! You have my support! 

• Like 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

On 8/31/2020 at 7:04 AM, Iron_Man5 said:

Wow, very well done! I never knew I needed to see Akamai and Wairuha in brickbuilt form, but it would seem I didn't know what I was missing, you did them both justice! The shadow form of Makuta is terrifying to say the least and the whole scene captures the essence of MNOG very well! You have my support! 

Haha thanks so much, glad you found it compelling! I really appreciate it and thanks for your support! Let's keep it going :2::0:  :biorules:

pirate wreck  

wow! this one looks promising! the Toa Kaita look interesting in brick form! the Makuta shadow vortex looks terrifyingly awesome! and i love the addition ov the little Takua figure; he just looks so kawaii (Japanese term for "cute") cuz' he's so small! it's amazing what you can accomplish with existing pieces in many colors! :) 

let's pray this one will go through! 

also, have you figured out how much the set might cost judging by the current piece-count? i'm thinking it would be the price would be unholy (for lack ov a number, lol)! considering the amount ov re-colors that'll need to be made... you know what, i'll let you figure that out! :D 

• Like 1

Many thanks to :tohu:BZP for the feature!! One delighted bonkleman here :D 

On 9/1/2020 at 1:36 PM, TheZOMBIEJ said:

wow! this one looks promising! the Toa Kaita look interesting in brick form! the Makuta shadow vortex looks terrifyingly awesome! and i love the addition ov the little Takua figure; he just looks so kawaii (Japanese term for "cute") cuz' he's so small! it's amazing what you can accomplish with existing pieces in many colors! :) 

let's pray this one will go through! 

also, have you figured out how much the set might cost judging by the current piece-count? i'm thinking it would be the price would be unholy (for lack ov a number, lol)! considering the amount ov re-colors that'll need to be made... you know what, i'll let you figure that out! :D 

Thanks for your enthusiasm and kind words!

Anticipating if this project gets through the process close to its current form, it will definitely be among the more pricey Ideas sets - hopefully its value will justify that though!

1 hour ago, Lenny7092 said:

I am extremely impressed with this project of yours! You even included the Toa Kaita, and man, they look authentic in brick form! Let’s hope that this will get 10,000 supporters in Lego Ideas. :D

Thank you - I'm glad you're looking forward to what the future (hopefully) holds!

pirate wreck  

I'm legit surprised at the Kaita models. That's awesome man!

I don't think I've seen a set that incorporates the underground tunnels from the early days. Love that vibe and would like to see more of it.

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...