Another Turn In The Cycle

The 1st Shadow

Anyone remember my Self-MOC that I posted before the forums went down? No? Well, here's the Gallery. (I have some better pics of him that were taken more recently, and I'll post those later.) But now, I have for you all a drawing of that same self-MOC. Yes, the pose is a bit odd, I'll admit that. But otherwise, I think this is my best BIONICLE drawing so far. Hope you enjoy! :)(CLICKY THE LINK BELOW)t1sbanner2.jpg(CLICKY THE PICY ABOVE)Comments and criticism welcome! Thanks for looking! :)signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice! The head is a bit large, and the weapon is a bit small though.

Thanks! Some of the proportions are a bit off because 1) If you read my epic and understand how he starts out, then you'll understand why the proportions are off--He was a Matoran prototype, and 2) I drew this over the course of a few days, so my hands didn't remember the size they had been working on the day before. :PSoon, I hope to start on his second incarnation. Right now, I'm debating on whether to draw his natural form or his "improper malfunction." I'll let you know when I've started on him. Thanks again! :)signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

The only thing I could possibly suggest as an improvement would be the slight size modification of the limbs. The arms seem a tad big, and the legs a bit too skinny. If you could find a happy medium of size between the two, and then somehow modify limbs to be proportion with respect to that compromise size, that would be ideal - but I would be happy if you just reduced the size of the arms by a small amount, considering a frail/thin look seems to be what you were aiming for.Other than that relatively small qualm, I think you did a splendid job. :)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The Moc is a good representation of "you" and the pencil sketch is epic... But the letters on the top of the pencil sketch and in your sig kinda look off. They don't fit, at least as good as your current sign-off thingy.

Yeah, I was unsure if I should add the "T1S" at first or just edit it in later, but in the end, I went with this. Glad you like it, though! Thanks! :)

The only thing I could possibly suggest as an improvement would be the slight size modification of the limbs. The arms seem a tad big, and the legs a bit too skinny. If you could find a happy medium of size between the two, and then somehow modify limbs to be proportion with respect to that compromise size, that would be ideal - but I would be happy if you just reduced the size of the arms by a small amount, considering a frail/thin look seems to be what you were aiming for.Other than that relatively small qualm, I think you did a splendid job. :)

Thanks, Sumiki! Yeah, I know the limbs are a bit out of proportion, but that was due, in part, as I said, to the fact that I drew this over the course of a couple days, and my fingers just kinda forgot the scale they had been working with the day before. :P But thanks for the advice. though. I'll try to do that on my next few drawings, and hopefully the'll look better.EDIT: I just switched the link to a better picture of the drawing.signoffffff.png Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~