LEGO Lifts Lid on Master Builder Mos Eisley Cantina

75290_Mos_Eisley_Cantina_Announce_teaser
Today LEGO is officially revealing the latest Star Wars Master Builder set - 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina. The giant 3,187 piece set will be available starting September 16th for VIP members and October 1st for everyone else and will retail for $350 in the US. Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina, as it's officially known, is iconic and instantly recognizable from the original Star Wars film, and first showed us all what a "wretched hive of scum and villainy" looked like. To see what the new LEGO version looks like, and to learn more about the set, read on!

View the full article

It looks cool, but I'm not super impressed given its price tag. I remember paying a bit less than that for a full-sized Star Destroyer when I was younger, which was a way cooler set piece. I feel the Master Builder stuff looks more appealing when it can be both a set piece and a playset, and I feel this one is going to be good for playing with but a bit too disjointed to be much else. I can't recall if they've already done this, but a Master Builder Mon Calamari Cruiser on a similar scale to the Star Destroyer would be awesome. 

12 hours ago, Bambi said:

Honestly when I saw the piece count I was expecting the price to be more lol. 

I'll just stick with the OG cantina:

lego-star-wars-4501.jpg

Now that's a blast from the past! My older brother had one of these as a kid, but lost the Greedo and the Stormtrooper to the wears and tears of time. We still have the Dewback piece somewhere in the green lego box, I think!

• Like 1