Pearl-Gold Spray Paint?

Toa_Kralich

Hey all, years ago I bought one of those Bionicle Heroes Ignika masks off of Shapeways for a Toa of Psionics. Recently I was thinking it'd be nice to spray it pearl gold to fit in with the rest of her colour scheme. I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions on good pearl gold sprays to use? I'm in the UK so suggestions from UK retailers would be ideal. Thanks for any responses in advance!

well, i'm from America so i may not be ov much use to you (sorry?)! but i'll try my best; if you are trying to match the pearl gold color used in Lego sets (specifically after 2005) i do not believe there is a single paint ov any sort (spray or otherwise) that can accurately match the pearl gold plastic used for Lego sets since 2006! however, if you are familiar with the Makuta contest video from Bionicle 2016 the Mask ov Ultimate Power that was 3D-printed for the G2 team's MOC (basically) that was used for JTO, that MOUP was painted in what is called (at least by JANGBRICKS) "champagne gold"! while that shade ov gold may not match the rest ov the gold parts you might use in your MOC, i think it would be a nice contrast and based on what i saw in the Makuta contest video, it actually looks really cool! 

another possibility is the combination ov paints used by JANGBRICKS (at the time he was LEGOJANG) to closely match the pearl gold parts as possible for his Rocka 2.0 (Replica Edition) MOC! although the exact combo ov paints i don't know! you'll have to watch his review ov his Rocka 2.0 (Replica Edition) MOC to hear how he got as close as possible to the actual plastic! 

that's all i got for ya! sorry i couldn't be more helpful but hey at least i tried! :D 

here's the video for your convenience: 

Edited by TheZOMBIEJ
fixed text + video link

There exist colors that match. I'm north america based too, so cant recommend UK sprays. But what I did was take my masks to a home improvement store, and matched the can tops to the masks until I found one I liked. I've color matched the flat dark gold and pearl gold colors for different mocs I've made.

Another thing to keep in kind is to get a spray paint meant for plastic, otherwise it may bubble or crack. In addition, shake the can thoroughly, and hold the can far away from the item. Most people make the mistake of holding the can too close to what they're painting which is what usually causes texture or running. It also doesnt hurt to very lightly sand the overall product with a cloth to remove any texture that does form. That usually gives me a smooth finish that isnt too noticable.