Hey all, 

So I've been working on a project, planning out a multi-chapter fanfic with MOCs to go with. It takes place during the aftermath of the Matoran Civil War/Great Disruption and during the Time Slip. I'm finding it a little tricky to find sources that talk about these events in great detail, which does give me some freedom but I'd like to make sure that I do this right. 

I didn't really get deep into the Bionicle lore until well after Bionicle ended, so my knowledge is kinda fuzzy. So if anyone knows anything about the Time Slip, I'd love it if they posted what they knew here-particularly if anyone knows if Toa Dume was around back then. 

For a little more context, the fanfic is basically based on the question "what if the Time Slip wasn't just 6 months, but a great deal longer? And what if it was actually covering up something other than the Av-Matoran migration?" 

Also, anything about Jovan's team would be helpful too. 

Thanks!!!

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

1 hour ago, MoarBotar said:

Hey all, 

So I've been working on a project, planning out a multi-chapter fanfic with MOCs to go with. It takes place during the aftermath of the Matoran Civil War/Great Disruption and during the Time Slip. I'm finding it a little tricky to find sources that talk about these events in great detail, which does give me some freedom but I'd like to make sure that I do this right. 

I didn't really get deep into the Bionicle lore until well after Bionicle ended, so my knowledge is kinda fuzzy. So if anyone knows anything about the Time Slip, I'd love it if they posted what they knew here-particularly if anyone knows if Toa Dume was around back then. 

For a little more context, the fanfic is basically based on the question "what if the Time Slip wasn't just 6 months, but a great deal longer? And what if it was actually covering up something other than the Av-Matoran migration?" 

Also, anything about Jovan's team would be helpful too. 

Thanks!!!

interesting... i honestly don't remember the Time Slip at all! hmm... ah well! ha ha! :D 

really, though, your best bet is to go to Biosector01 and scour/dig deep for info on what you're looking for! Biosector01 (as far as i'm concerned) is the most accurate and dependable wiki for all your needs regarding Bionicle info! it has all the stories, all the history, and all the juicy details possible! if you have a hard time finding specific events/characters/details, ask either Swert (the man behind BS01), Dorek, or anyone else in charge ov the site and all the info it holds! if they can't help you (i mean, why wouldn't they? especially Swert, who practically OWNS the site! lol) then i guess you're screwed, cuz' like i said; Biosector01 is the most accurate and dependable Bionicle wiki on the internet! no one else can compete! not even the Bionicle Fandom Wiki (i would avoid that one if i were you! not accurate!)! so there you go! :) 

here's the link; https://biosector01.com/wiki/Main_Page . start digging and good luck! :) 

*Note To Staff/Admin: please don't chock my post as "advertising another website" or whatever and remove it! i do not believe i am advertising for another website! i am merely helping out the topic starter (MaorBotar) by offering a suggestion for their project! just trying to be helpful/useful while i'm on BZPower! thank you! :) 

Hey! Awesome premise! I love when we get new stuff in the library!! I can't tell you more than what BS01 and the Bionicle Wiki can, but I always try to establish a plausible headcanon where official details are lacking, and run with it. 

Apologies in advance if this is stuff you already know, but here goes - I would definitely look at BS01's Timeline, (specifically, 'History of the Matoran Universe')where you can get an idea of recent, concurrent, and future events for your time period. Example: there are no Kanoka disks or chutes or Vahki during the Matoran Civil War, and the fact that there was such a devastating war kind of makes sense why a Vahki force would be useful. 

The Matoran Civil War caused a widespread lack of labor within Metru Nui, which is kind of like an aneurysm to the Great Spirit Robot. Whether that was due to in-fighting keeping Matoran from working or lack of laborers after the Archives Massacre (or both, probably both, IMO), isn't known for sure. The whole universe started going south, and cue Jovan and his Ignika quest. Again, this is all on the BS01 page under Jovan's Team link. (see also Great Disruption)134986825_ScreenShot2020-09-19at10_31_26PM.png.71b2eea96397d6e2b72cdac5591f9656.png

Elda user to locate the Ignika, Olmak to avoid the electrical storms in Karda Nui (the 'getaway driver', if you will', and you're able to fill the rest of the slots with whichever MOCs/OCs you please. That's one of the reasons I love the MU history time period(s), leaves so much creative space. 

To answer your question about Toa Dume - from the 'History of the Matoran Universe' timeline bit:

60,000 years before Great Cataclysm (BGC) - Time slip initiated by Great Spirit, all by Order of Mata Nui Members have memory erased.
(the only event listed definitely between these two is Makuta species evolving to antidermis) 
17,500 years BGC Dume is first mentioned, saving the life of Matoran Lhikan. 
15,000 years BGC, Dume achieves destiny, becomes Metru Nui's head honcho. 

It's definitely possible Dume was a Toa, but 60,000+ to 15,000 years as a Toa seems like a long time. But also, we don't have a lot of reference points for a normal 'Toa-span'. The Metru were Toa for like a year, the Mata were created as Toa, etc. 

If canon-compliance and canonical plausibility is what you're going for, I'd say essentially what has already been said - bop around on BS01 (The Bionicle Wiki should not be discounted). I find it personally helpful to compile my 'research notes' in one place for easy reference in internal consistency. Find out what's canon, find where there's wiggle room, and have fun.

Happy writing! I'll keep an eye out for your epic! 

Edited by Aderia
formatting

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

The ironic thing is that the time slip was supposed to erase everyone memories and erase all written records of everyone except the order of Mata Nui. So any wiki documenting it would be recording unrecordable history lol. If you're going for a fan fic though it might be an interesting touch to try to explain how they destroyed everyone written records, especially dark hunter or makuta records. Might be interesting and give you some unique powers they might have had to get through security. Plus maybe a dramatic moment where they realize helyrx wont allow that agent to exist as a record of what happened either.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t think the anything else really happened during the Time Slip, it was solely done to plant Av-Matoran into various regions...which seems like overkill, particularly since it affected all living beings in the universe, regardless of whether or not their areas had a significant Matoran population. But the Order wasn’t always rational, or moral for that matter (they have no problem killing anybody, even if that person’s only “crime” was knowing the route to Artahka, which basically amounts to mass murder/genocide). And they claim they do it to carry out “the will of Mata Nui,” but judging by our observation of the actual Mata Nui in 2009 and 2010, it’s kind of hard to believe he’d condone such a thing...

Back on topic, I guess technically anything could have happened during the Time Slip as long as the Order orchestrated it. I was going to say you shouldn’t introduce any major changes because the characters would notice, but I guess the Order could have altered their memories to fool them into thinking things were like that all along.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water