Marendar

VBBN

I've been wanting to get back into MOCing lately and finally sat down for a bit yesterday and threw something together. (it's also worth noting, I know there are those canon contests going on right now and this character is a future contender, this was not designed with those in mind, this is obviously an artistic take on the character and not at all what I would assume to be canon.)

50360519858_d4b65cb768_c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i never liked the concept ov the Marendar (what a name, i tell ya! lol)! the word "Marendar" apparently means "salvation" in Matoran! and it's purpose was to kill Toa! who the heck came up with this bull?! the Toa are supposed to be the main Heroes no matter what Toa team they're on! and the Marendar was made to freaking KILL THEM??? this is heresy! the Toa are the good guys and someone built the Marendar to kill the good guys! and what "salvation" does this bring? i'll tell you right now, IT DOESN'T!! the creator ov the Marendar (in the story, at least) was clearly some kind ov evil mastermind who saw the Toa as irrelevant and unjustifiable! and what it this mastermind trying to achieve by killing Toa? i think he's trying to prevent any Toa heroes to be part ov society and force the poor villagers (Matoran, Agori, Turaga, etc.) to suffer by being vulnerable to enemy attacks, disappearances, deaths, etc.! this is nuts! this is unholy! THIS IS ABSOLUTE HERESY!! grr! lol 

that being said; this MOC looks freaking awesome! it's very colorful with nice contrasts here and there! the Toa killing death laser looks really cool! and overall, it's a really interesting take on a monstrosity obviously created by a heretic! it also looks like one ov those weird mecha you see in like Ninjago or even in one (or many) ov those mecha anime series! nice job, dude! well done! :) 

Edited by TheZOMBIEJ
spelling errors

On 9/20/2020 at 1:56 PM, TheZOMBIEJ said:

the Toa are the good guys and someone built the Marendar to kill the good guys! and what "salvation" does this bring? i'll tell you right now, IT DOESN'T!! 

The makuta were the good guys too...until they weren't. I think it was meant just in case toa ever went bad, like in Tuyet's toa empire, where they went very bad and enslaved everyone. Just like how artahka created counter measures against makuta, someone needed a counter to toa.

That's said, this MOC is beautiful! I love everything about, the color choices, the arm cannon, the body proportions. Very well done!

Yeah, this definitely isn't what I'd imagine Marendar would look like, but I really adore those colors and the torch hand.  Well done!

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )