Rare or misprinted Kraata?

Masterbuilder08

I  was digging through my bionicle bin looking for loose kraata and found an odd one, it has a gold head and a black tail. The only other picture I could find with a kratta with this color scheme has it labeled as "Heat Vision" but that picture had the color scheme flipped (black head w/ gold tail). If anyone knows anything about this strange kratta please let me know. (I will provide a picture if needed)

Heat vision is black and orange. There are two kraata with gold heads and black tails. Both were available in the small packs of kraata, and no rarer I think than any other the other 200+ kraata from those packs; neither are misprints. You can find a complete list of colors here:

www.brickshelf.com/gallery/CubeMaster/Checklists/definitive_kraata_v4.pdf

Yours is either plant control or rahi control depending on what color gold it is.

Edited by ToaDume

yeah i'd have to agree with ToaDume on this one! i actually have a black/gold Kraata in my possession (however, it's in a parts bin somewhere! lol), and the shade ov gold i'm pretty sure is similar to the gold Kanohi Avohkii and Nuva armor on Takanuva from 2003! i'm comparing the two in my head right now (as i remember them looking) and they're very similar! although, the Kraata might be a tad off considering it's made ov rubber, but i digress! :) 

25 minutes ago, TheZOMBIEJ said:

yeah i'd have to agree with ToaDume on this one! i actually have a black/gold Kraata in my possession (however, it's in a parts bin somewhere! lol), and the shade ov gold i'm pretty sure is similar to the gold Kanohi Avohkii and Nuva armor on Takanuva from 2003! i'm comparing the two in my head right now (as i remember them looking) and they're very similar! although, the Kraata might be a tad off considering it's made ov rubber, but i digress! :) 

Avohkii gold sounds about right. Where I think that was plant control. The other gold was reddish gold and I think the color of knights kingdom gold line I think. Not many misprints of kraata other than elongated shapes and ironi kraata I think. I have seen rumors of a pearl gold kraata misprint though. And I'd love to see it in person, but I think its just a rumor.

5 minutes ago, ToaDume said:

Avohkii gold sounds about right. Where I think that was plant control. The other gold was reddish gold and I think the color of knights kingdom gold line I think. Not many misprints of kraata other than elongated shapes and ironi kraata I think. I have seen rumors of a pearl gold kraata misprint though. And I'd love to see it in person, but I think its just a rumor.

i'v never heard ov a pearl gold Kraata ever existing as pearl gold was first being used in 2006 and the Kraata slugs were three years old at that point! so if they (for some reason) wanted to test the pearl gold color with the Kraata slug it would be pointless cuz'  the Kraata was irrelevant after 2003! they would have no real need to mold the Kraata in pearl gold! these rumors you heard might be fake so i'd take it with a grain ov salt! 

these is a user (who's name i can't remember) on BZPower that might go bananas if they saw it (if it actually existed) and probably would pay top dollar for it! which is kinda ridiculous, imo! :P 

1 hour ago, TheZOMBIEJ said:

i'v never heard ov a pearl gold Kraata ever existing as pearl gold was first being used in 2006 and the Kraata slugs were three years old at that point! so if they (for some reason) wanted to test the pearl gold color with the Kraata slug it would be pointless cuz'  the Kraata was irrelevant after 2003! they would have no real need to mold the Kraata in pearl gold! these rumors you heard might be fake so i'd take it with a grain ov salt! 

these is a user (who's name i can't remember) on BZPower that might go bananas if they saw it (if it actually existed) and probably would pay top dollar for it! which is kinda ridiculous, imo! :P 

I agree, where it doesnt quite make sense to me either, but this image intrigues me a lot. I would love to get this kraata if it exists! Perfect to go with a melding universe rahkshi!

imageproxy.jpeg

Edited by ToaDume

1 hour ago, ToaDume said:

I agree, where it doesnt quite make sense to me either, but this image intrigues me a lot. I would love to get this kraata if it exists! Perfect to go with a melding universe rahkshi!

imageproxy.jpeg

WHAT?! okay, that can't be real! like, the shaping and designs look accurate but just the pearl gold fading to clear,... it looks real! then again it could also be a 1:1 copy ov the mold but with a different color choice! hmm.... this is rather intriguing! who's the current owner and how/where did they get it? just... wow! lol  

@TheZOMBIEJ

From what I've seen, 3 people have said they have one. I think two of them were maskcollector and toalhikanhordika, I'm not sure. It's also documented as a legit misprint in the collectibles section of buy, sell, trade here at bzpower. I would love to get one, but I doubt any of the three owners would want to sell =/

Edited by ToaDume

19 minutes ago, ToaDume said:

@TheZOMBIEJ

From what I've seen, 3 people have said they have one. I think two of them were maskcollector and toalhikanhordika, I'm not sure. It's also documented as a legit misprint in the collectibles section of buy, sell, trade here at bzpower. I would love to get one, but I doubt any of the three owners would want to sell =/

do you know how/where they got them? cuz' my mind has just been blown to oblivion on this discovery! seriously! and if there are only three that you know ov, there might be a couple more here and there and nobody has bothered to show em' off! this is fascinating! really! :) 

10 hours ago, TheZOMBIEJ said:

do you know how/where they got them? cuz' my mind has just been blown to oblivion on this discovery! seriously! and if there are only three that you know ov, there might be a couple more here and there and nobody has bothered to show em' off! this is fascinating! really! :) 

Unfortunately I dont. I really would love to get one though. 

2 hours ago, MoarBotar said:

Is their name TheZOMBIEJ? :P

But seriously though, that's pretty cool!

well aren't you a smart one? :P 

but no, i have no interest in owning one ov the pearl gold Kraata! mostly cuz' i don't care enough to own one! i just found it crazy that it exists (apparently)! though it still could be fake, we may never know the legitimacy ov the pearl gold Kraata or if it was from Lego themselves! still very fascinating, imo! :) 

I'm just going to be crazy here and suggest the fanon that a pearl gold/glitter Kraata (be it a misprint, knock-off, one off, etc.) is Melding Alternate Universe Makuta's "Kraata of Peace" or "Kraata of Courage". Because come on... that is totally the Kraata this Makuta would produce. 

The_Melding_Teridax.png 

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!