CBR Looks Back at the Mask of Light

Hapori Tohu

Writing for CBR, Matthew Attanasio recently penned a piece revisiting the first Bionicle movie seventeen years later. As you can guess by the title, he thinks Bionicle: Mask of Light Is Still Just as Good as Fans Remember, which is a pretty positive take on a direct-to-video movie advertising a kid's toy. He goes through the story, animation, characters and more, and while he isn't always complimentary, there's definitely some nostalgia and understanding of the target demographic that goes into this retro review. Check it out for yourself and see if you agree!

View the full article

Well, it’s a good thing that people remember one of the things that Bionicle is known for. That movie gives the story an actual body, despite there being some hits and misses. The movie won some awards, anyway. I wish the other three movies and The Journey to One could get some more love as well. Plus, concept art, soundtrack, and whatever else for Bionicle: The Legend Reborn (dame with the Hero Factory TV show). 

I super-wish that Lego should consider making a TV series for Bionicle (not a Netflix show or whatever. Just a Cartoon Network show similar to Ninjago, and also sharing the amazing universe as Hero Factory), and re-continuing and ending their G1 stories. I wish for a theatrical movie for Bionicle, and it’s 20th anniversary to be celebrated. I mean, Bionicle is popular, and of course, a lot of people, including fans, like us, wants the themes back.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)