Artakha = Ekimu

Lenny7092

From a fanon perspective it could maybe work, but as for any official canon stance my best idea is that Ekimu was only inspired by both Mata-Nui and Artakha from G1. Artakha and Ekimu both are skilled crafters and wear the mask of creation, but Ekimu being "the brother of Makuta" and being put into a thousand year long slumber is all very very Mata-Nui like. My guess is  since G2 is a reboot (with only a few Vahi related easter eggs to tie it back to G1 via any official means)is that Ekimu was created behind the scenes as an amalgamation of Mata-Nui with some Artakha characteristics (and maybe a dash of Turaga Vakama too), but is at the core still a new character and not intended to be the exact equivalent to any G1 character. Really the only canonical G2 characters that can be seen as direct successors to their originals are the Toa and Makuta, since they share the same names and story roles (even then its arguable if they could even be considered the same characters to some degree, since some of the Toa such as Pohatu have very drastic differences in their attitude and portrayal between generations).

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

On 9/30/2020 at 3:00 AM, Xboxtravis said:

From a fanon perspective it could maybe work, but as for any official canon stance my best idea is that Ekimu was only inspired by both Mata-Nui and Artakha from G1. Artakha and Ekimu both are skilled crafters and wear the mask of creation, but Ekimu being "the brother of Makuta" and being put into a thousand year long slumber is all very very Mata-Nui like. My guess is  since G2 is a reboot (with only a few Vahi related easter eggs to tie it back to G1 via any official means)is that Ekimu was created behind the scenes as an amalgamation of Mata-Nui with some Artakha characteristics (and maybe a dash of Turaga Vakama too), but is at the core still a new character and not intended to be the exact equivalent to any G1 character. Really the only canonical G2 characters that can be seen as direct successors to their originals are the Toa and Makuta, since they share the same names and story roles (even then its arguable if they could even be considered the same characters to some degree, since some of the Toa such as Pohatu have very drastic differences in their attitude and portrayal between generations).

Plus, Gali was a dude in gen 2!...in some commercials, anyway. 

On 10/2/2020 at 12:29 PM, Toa_Kralich said:

Plus, Gali was a dude in gen 2!...in some commercials, anyway. 

That was the webisodes, and it’s because the budget only called for one cast member.

Anyway, I don’t really buy that the G2 Toa could be the G1 Toa after a long coma or something like others have proposed. Their personalities don’t really line up. G1 Kopaka wasn’t a clumsy oaf who alienated others by speaking formally, he was a physically-coordinated loner who alienated others by being rude.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water